Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #6601
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Georgia or CCB, do you mind describing the specifics of how to work with gallery glass?
I just used it like glue. I put it on the back of a flat glass flower and just stuck it down. And it's already STUCK even though it says it takes eight hours to dry. Same with the morphine bottle. It has other uses, like the stained glass or fixing cracks in glass or mirrors. But I'm using it exactly like a glue and it's working so far.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #6602
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Maybe people could choose between inches and Twinchies?
To clarify what I meant was maybe each person could choose between making an inchie or twinchie or some combination.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #6603
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Umm... what's twinchies? What's ATC?

I'm afraid I'm still more Butch than I am crafty!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #6604
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
How about a theme of love and friendship, and have the project due sometime shortly after Valentines Day?

Any thoughts on that everyone?
Like, like, like, like, like - let's do it!

P.S. Twists thicken the plot and are good too
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #6605
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

SECRETS!!!! I got my package today and tore right into it. Everyone did such a great job!! I loved all the cards and the secrets. It was a total joy to open. Thank you to everyone for your hard work!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #6606
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I just used it like glue. I put it on the back of a flat glass flower and just stuck it down. And it's already STUCK even though it says it takes eight hours to dry. Same with the morphine bottle. It has other uses, like the stained glass or fixing cracks in glass or mirrors. But I'm using it exactly like a glue and it's working so far.
To use it for stained glass, you probably want some kind of raised border - like the frame of a window, or something you make with the Gallery Glass leading. But you don't have to have a border. Then you just cut the bottle of Gallery Glass open so it has a small opening in the tip, turn the bottle upside down, and swirl it around on the glass. You can do it on something lying flat, but you can also use it on something vertical, like a window. Don't shake the bottle, as that will make air bubbles, and you want to avoid air bubbles. And if you don't like it, just peel it off the glass like a window cling once it's dry! (Go ahead, just try some on your bathroom mirror! Have fun!)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 12:24 AM   #6607
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I like the idea of a thoughts about love and/or general friendship art theme as opposed to narrowing it down to just one thing – hearts. However if that's what group will, consensus is, I can go with it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 01:07 AM   #6608
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Oh an ATC (art trading card) is a work space for art smaller than a post card but bigger than a twinchie (tiny work space) or inchie (itsy bitsy work space). Just type them into google seach, hit images and you'll see examples, be able to tell the difference.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 04:04 AM   #6609
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Umm... what's twinchies? What's ATC?

I'm afraid I'm still more Butch than I am crafty!
ATC = artist trading card

Inchie = a 1 inch by 1 inch work of miniature art

Twinchie = a 2 inch by 2 inch work of less miniature art

These are great because you don't have to create the Mona Lisa. It's usually focused on one thing. It can be as simple as a flower or even be abstract.

Here are some examples of Twinchies and Inchies.

I also received my package and opened it this morning. Soooo fun and creative, everyone!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 04:22 AM   #6610
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I like the idea of a thoughts about love and/or general friendship art theme as opposed to narrowing it down to just one thing – hearts. However if that's what group will, consensus is, I can go with it.
If we split the difference and just make the topic "LOVE", then those who like the heart theme can work with that and those who like the "Love and Friendship" theme can go with that too.

Problem solved!

I'm digging the miniature/small idea too. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I try to fill in a large space and then replicate it x number of times. The minis seem to come easier to me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:39 AM   #6611
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
If we split the difference and just make the topic "LOVE", then those who like the heart theme can work with that and those who like the "Love and Friendship" theme can go with that too.

Problem solved!

I'm digging the miniature/small idea too. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I try to fill in a large space and then replicate it x number of times. The minis seem to come easier to me.
I think making the theme Love is a good idea. It's open to many interpretations, including hearts, or anything else love and friendship means to you.

I also concur that a like a smaller size. I feel like it's easier to create a bite size and replicate it many times if a lot of people join. Plus I feel like I am forced to be even more creative with a smaller size!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:07 AM   #6612
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Question

I love the LOVE theme. I would like to see maybe a series of 3 if we go as small as twinchies. I feel that's easy and I like a challenge.

There are lots of ideas on the "Heart" thread to gather ideas.

As I read in some of the previous posts, some didn't really follow the perimeters and did what they wanted..so it's a free for all?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #6613
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I love the LOVE theme. I would like to see maybe a series of 3 if we go as small as twinchies. I feel that's easy and I like a challenge.

There are lots of ideas on the "Heart" thread to gather ideas.

As I read in some of the previous posts, some didn't really follow the perimeters and did what they wanted..so it's a free for all?
It's not supposed to be. What's the purpose of rules if they aren't followed? Of course, I'm a toe the line kind of person when it comes to guidelines and stuff like this so that's my natural bias. There's not really much a wrangler can do if the projects come and they aren't what they are supposed to be unless it's brought up later, when those folks want to sign up for another round.

I think a series would depend heavily on how many people sign up. If it's 10 or less, I'm all for it. I feel that's entirely feasible, even for new recruits.

Have we decided who's going to steer this boat yet? I would prefer someone who hasn't done the last 2-3 rounds so we can get some diversity in 'management'. Any takers?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #6614
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I agree projects should not be a free for all, and people should follow the concept and rules as closely as possible. I did my time when I didn't.

For example love is a very broad concept, but if we decided on say twinchies, if someone turns in a 5 X 7 piece it's just annoying to me. I am a toe the line person with projects too.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #6615
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the definitions y'all re twinchies vs Inchies! This must be a sign because I was just cleaning out a closest and came across my collection of TINY books from the 90s! They're still super cute! So... yeah... I'm game for this project!

When y'all say a "series" ... do you mean like a set of two or three pieces per person? If so, I'm cool with that... but I also agree it would depend on how many participate.

Since they're going to be small... wouldn't that make displaying them kinda difficult? Maybe... not so difficult if ... let's say.. they were magnets!? Am I getting carried away?
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #6616
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Thanks for the definitions y'all re twinchies vs Inchies! This must be a sign because I was just cleaning out a closest and came across my collection of TINY books from the 90s! They're still super cute! So... yeah... I'm game for this project!

When y'all say a "series" ... do you mean like a set of two or three pieces per person? If so, I'm cool with that... but I also agree it would depend on how many participate.

Since they're going to be small... wouldn't that make displaying them kinda difficult? Maybe... not so difficult if ... let's say.. they were magnets!? Am I getting carried away?
Yes, to your definition of series. No, to having to display them. You can send the pieces individually and let the recipient figure out what they want to do with them. On the other hand, it's not an issue if you do. I can't imagine any wrangler would require them to be mounted.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #6617
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

I think commit to one required of everyone, and if some participants choose to make theirs a series then those in the series beyond one could be counted as, considered extras?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 04:33 AM   #6618
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I personally dont like committing to a series, especially not knowing how many are signing up. For me, three pieces each is a lot, even if we get. This past round we had twelve participants. There's no way I can make 36 twinchies. If this were to be a series of pieces I wouldn't sign up.

Just my opinion.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 05:23 AM   #6619
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I think commit to one required of everyone, and if some participants choose to make theirs a series then those in the series beyond one could be counted as, considered extras?
These seems the easiest idea to me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:15 AM   #6620
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I agree! Sounds like we just need someone who hasn’t wrangled for the past few projects now.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types