Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I use to have this laundry list of what I looked for in someone. It started it out with the "givens"..honesty, faithfulness, emotionally available, sober, good conversationalist, responsible, financially secure, developmentally mature, good hygiene, accepting of my daughter, understands my love of horses, and of course, trustworthy.

I have dated people who were not those things...in one or more ways. I thought that I could ignore these characteristics I desired or I thought they had the potential for these things and in time would come around to them.

I was just plain stupid in thinking that! But until recently, I was angry at them for not meeting up with my desires.

Fairly recently I have pretty much decided that the real answer lies in me. I need to be all of the above and not quiver away from it when the other person doesnt seem to fit. Its ME that doesnt fit them! ME!

So, I have worked hard at making sure I am secure in myself and that I have myself, what characteristics I want in someone else.

right now I have a LDR with a very nice guy. We are moving very slowly...very very slowly....meaning no geographic changes, and no making decisions in our personal lives based on the other person. We love and care for the other...but we both are working on ourselves. Until we are ready, we simply arent ready for the Big Stuff.

So...what I needed in someone, was for them not to grab for the brass ring when the ride just started. What I needed was to have that brass ring and enjoy it and wait awhile befire I am willing to share it with someone else, and not just give them a free ride.

What I want, is to live happily ever after...and what I know, is I am doing that..with or without someone. I am the only one who can make me happy. Me. Someone can match me, like a twin, in happiness but I am not relying on anyone again, to do for me what I need to do for myself.

I am so much calmer nowadays...lol.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #42
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I have never been the type that can't live happily unless partnered with someone...quite the opposite really. I will admit that I have gotten into a couple of relationships that I knew in my heart wouldn't work out....as my gut is never wrong....but when all of my friends are coupled and I was the only single going to all the events with them, it got old, so I thought I could make something work with someone. WRONGO G!

I have learned that I would rather be alone for the right reasons than with someone for the wrong ones.

Sachita is the one that mentioned secrets I believe (without going back and looking..correct me if I am wrong), and while I think everyone has skeletons in their closets, myself included, I think that secrets in relationships do not work out in the end. I try to be an open book to everyone I know...within limits of course, but I don't want secrets to come between us. Feelings get hurt, resentment starts, trust is damaged, and those are all things that are hard to overcome and move on from....yet they are all things that you need in any kind of relationship. One of my exes kept some things from me that my friends knew about, and after the break up, they all came to me and told me they knew...which then made me resent them in a way because they didn't come to me sooner. I thought my friends were supposed to be there for me....not just after the fact, but when it went down so that I didn't get hurt to begin with. I had to distance myself from them and when I see them out, they want to act like nothing is wrong and hang out like before.

My grandma always said, "secrets don't make friends". Wise woman! So, I don't think secrets have any room in a relationship.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #43
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

As others have stated I make myself happy. And I do enjoy my alone tiime, as well. That being said when I seek a partner I seek for starters basic things I need just for a friendship. I dont want someone in my life that isnt honest and who I cant trust. That being said here are the other things on my list per say :

Loyalty. Has staying power through good times and bad.

Able to laugh

Communication. Can talk to her about anything

Someone my age or older

Someone who lives in Dallas/Fort Worth

Someone who can accept the fact that I do not have family.

Someone who like me doesnt have or doesnt want kids

Someone who doesnt have cats

Very Affectionate

Passionate

Romantic

Nurturing

Sensitive

Someone who will attend services with me

Financially Secure

Good Hygeine

Kind to animals, kids and older people

Someone who is monogamous

What I will not tolerate is:

Lying

Cheating

Abuse of any kind emotional or physical
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #44
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
As others have stated I make myself happy. And I do enjoy my alone tiime, as well. That being said when I seek a partner I seek for starters basic things I need just for a friendship. I dont want someone in my life that isnt honest and who I cant trust. That being said here are the other things on my list per say :

Loyalty. Has staying power through good times and bad.

Able to laugh

Communication. Can talk to her about anything

Someone my age or older

Someone who lives in Dallas/Fort Worth

Someone who can accept the fact that I do not have family.

Someone who like me doesnt have or doesnt want kids

Someone who doesnt have cats

Very Affectionate

Passionate

Romantic

Nurturing

Sensitive

Someone who will attend services with me

Financially Secure

Good Hygeine

Kind to animals, kids and older people

Someone who is monogamous

What I will not tolerate is:

Lying

Cheating

Abuse of any kind emotional or physical
nice thoughts Misty. do they have to be good lookin? otherwise i was going to fly down and take you out to dinner, lol
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #45
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieslKate View Post
hmmmmmmmm maybe... grits with that roasted peach and pecan stuffed french toast?
have to pass on the grits, darlin'
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #46
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

1. Should have the ability to cock one eyebrow at me.
2. Must like children, animals, and plants.
3. I’ll share my closet but not my bookshelf. Bring your own.
4. I don't mind weird but I don't do well with inconsistent.
5. Should be non-religious.
6. Unwillingness to let me push the cart in the grocery store is a deal breaker.
7. Never, ever compare my Italian Greyhound to a rat.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #47
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I should add to mine

Someone who is a complete girly girl. But who isnt materialistic or stuck up.

Down to earth, and funny, kind and sweet. Someone with a huge heart like mine...

I love to spoil and pamper my partner. Someone who loves it but doesnt expect it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2010, 02:38 AM   #48
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I "want" to be happy... but "need" a girl *smirk*
Dammit you haven't found one yet???????? What are all those Minnesotaaaa grrlies thinking????

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #49
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
have to pass on the grits, darlin'
NO grits??????????? Ohhhhhhhhhhh wait you are a GA transplant... skip the grits... how about lots of good, dark coffee with real cream??

Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #50
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

Default I want...

A well seasoned Butch... confident, comfy in their own skin, must LOVE sex, monogamous, a sense of humour, adores Femmes, snogging and has not forgotten how to play... in every sense of the word !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #51
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

I forgot to add. A girly girl that accepts the fact that I am trans.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #52
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
1. Should have the ability to cock one eyebrow at me.
2. Must like children, animals, and plants.
3. I’ll share my closet but not my bookshelf. Bring your own.
4. I don't mind weird but I don't do well with inconsistent.
5. Should be non-religious.
6. Unwillingness to let me push the cart in the grocery store is a deal breaker.
7. Never, ever compare my Italian Greyhound to a rat.
great list!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #53
SouthernStud
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Badass Stud
Preferred Pronoun?:
Master
Relationship Status:
Want one but no real female willin to step up and treat me like the king to their queen.....

SouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST Reputation

i would make a negotiation on the cooking part...ill be ya cookin daddy if u do the cleanin!!! Now it wouldnt be exactly fair for me to do all the work....and that includes ALL aspects...not just cookin and cleanin!!! Use ur brains for just a moment...ahhh it just dawned on u what i was saying. Thats right,i said it...if i can cook for my woman and occasionally clean,then u can save a horse and ride a cowboy...cuz thats just SEXY AS FUK!!!!!
SouthernStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #54
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmmm...Hadnt seen this thread...

Wants & Needs

~ A great sense of humor (although I am pretty easy to make laugh)

~ Optimisitc

~ A warm smile

~ Kind to others

~ Telling Eyes

~ A nice bottom lip that I can tug on when we kiss

~ Ambitious

~ Someone who is not afraid to take control...

~but can sit back and watch me when I decide to...

~ Gentleman

~Passionate, Lustful, and Loving (yes rolled up into one)

~ Someone I can drive nuts on a regular basis

Is this too much to ask for?? lol Oh and if they are my height or taller a plus Ok done...just saying..We can dream right?
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #55
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default List D

Let's see I'm older now so:

Honest
Family-centered
Sense of humor
Likes God
Playful "trying new things"
Has a job
Likes artsy things
And my obsessive need to practice tantric things
*stayin in bed on rainin days ( I have no tv in bedroom) u get the hint...
Communicate To Me
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #56
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned so much about myself this year!

I learned I need to be the Dominant in a relationship.

I learned I need to be in a female run relationship...meaning regardless of what gender I date, *I* am the one who leads in the dance

I learned I need to be the lead in bed too. And I need to be with someone I can reciprocate sex with. While I have enjoyed my time with Stone Butches, I know to be sexually satisfied, I need to be the one giving. And if *I* feel like it, he can give back.

I learned I need this to be a 24/7 in and out of bed

I learned I am not shy sexually and certainly not submissive. Assertive doesnt even begin to define what I am in this realm and trying to be anything different (a role I was taught to play from childhood) just wasnt working for me

I learned that I am still coming into myself and am single for this reason. I dont want to mull it over while engaging with the energy of another person.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #57
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am at the 3/4 part of my life.
I really don't have expectations anymore.
I do want to have the freedom to do what makes me happy.
As I would give you the same respect to have happiness.
I don't want to have a list anymore, to much paper work to keep up with.
I would like the respect part of the relationship to be there.
I guess basically what I'm saying is when the right person comes along.
It's most fitting to say both will be different, and it's up to the both of you
to establish a well balanced relationship. You can't change anyone, nor expect them to change, because it's what you want.
As relationships grow, we to change, and sometimes the change is together, other times there changes that are apart.
If you grow apart, it's okay, because we all move at our own pace. Only then will you know if you can go on together or it's time to seperate.
Which ever it is. The love and respect will always be there. Because no only were you lovers, but you are best friends, and friends are there no matter if your up or down.
Once again, no more expectations in my life... Live hard, live fully, open your eyes...........
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #58
SouthernStud
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Badass Stud
Preferred Pronoun?:
Master
Relationship Status:
Want one but no real female willin to step up and treat me like the king to their queen.....

SouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST ReputationSouthernStud Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
Hmmmm...Hadnt seen this thread...

Wants & Needs

~ A great sense of humor (although I am pretty easy to make laugh)

~ Optimisitc

~ A warm smile

~ Kind to others

~ Telling Eyes

~ A nice bottom lip that I can tug on when we kiss

~ Ambitious

~ Someone who is not afraid to take control...

~but can sit back and watch me when I decide to...

~ Gentleman

~Passionate, Lustful, and Loving (yes rolled up into one)

~ Someone I can drive nuts on a regular basis

Is this too much to ask for?? lol Oh and if they are my height or taller a plus Ok done...just saying..We can dream right?
Hmmmmm.... *thinks to self* ....ummmm how tall are u exactly???
SouthernStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #59
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

at the risk of sounding needy I would rather say is that I do best with someone who is not afraid and can handle me! Someone who wants the same things in life as I do, someone who is not afraid to lock the chains to me...someone who is not afraid to cage me. Someone who is interested enough to see past the crap and to the next layer. Someone who is not afraid to give me what I really need especially when I need it. Someone who is real and lives and walks their own truth. Someone who is not afraid to tell me what they need and want. Someone who challenges me and puts me in my place when I push the line. Someone who is tender when it's needed and also throw me to my knees when it's time.. Someone who is not afraid to commit and capable of loving themselves enough to take care of themselves.. someone who takes responsibility seriously and acts accordingly. Someone who I can't live without. Someone willing to walk the walk... not just talk the talk.

and oh, must love dogs.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #60
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Default everything counts some how

a brainy & sensual femme who can think on many levels.
its ok not to agree however people who discount ideas without exploring them bother me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:

Tags
couples, love, relationship, relationships, single