Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Smile It's the little things, like.....

I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is a thread like this. If there is, i didn't find it.

Relationships are complex and so many variables play into how they work and if they work. Sometimes, it's the little things that really make a difference. It's the little things that you notice or maybe should notice.

I feel they are important. IMHO, little things can be just as important as big things in relationships.

I'm talking ALL relationships here. With partners, kids, parents, friends....every part of our lives.

What little things in your relationships have meant so much to you or you have felt meant so much to someone else. What seemingly little things make you smile big all the way to your bones.

I'll go first...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the little things, like....

Watching Bully's face light up and smile so big when i sang "Little bunny foofoo" this afternoon complete with hand jesters. She loved it. She appreciated it. She appreciates me and all of my silly ways. Sorta a little thing to most but was huge to me.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think that there is another one like this, but who doesn't need to be reminded of the little things once in a while?

I love Lil Bunny Foo Foo and would have smiled and laughed too.

I have a day off today. That's a little thing in the scope of life, but it's a welcome respite from the daily grind.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

It seems like a little thing, but today...

My roommate's girlfriend sent me a picture of her arm, adorned with the bracelet I made for her. The text said "I love it! It fits my arm, and me perfectly!"

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I so agree with you....little things mean a lot.

When I am having a rough day (or a rough moment) my son never fails to give me one of what he calls his "bone crushing Rooster hugs."

They are bone-crushing....and wonderful.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, days off are wonderful. I so agree with you. I hope you slept late, my friend, and found time for yourself!!!

HollyLane, that does sound wonderful to get a pic like that. I imagine it would make you smile to your bones for sure!!!!

Oh yes Jo i so agree. Our kids can do the sweetest things and not sure if they know what it means to us.

Brad will sometimes call when he is on his way home from work just to ask if i need anything from the store, etc. He also always finishes his phone call with "I love you mom". No matter who he is with at the time.

It means more to me than he will ever know.

Thanks all of you for posting. THESE things you write are making me smile ear to ear.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Maya Angelou
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Like my son calling me and asking me for advice. Over and over again.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread Belle, I count the small things as most important....

Endearments, having your own special phrases, and ways your affection is shared.

My visiting kid bringing me the tea she knows I drink. She made time to see me, even though she was down in these parts to see her in laws. She's a good kid.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is a thread like this. If there is, i didn't find it.

There is!
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=578

Admin can combine them and build on it because it's a great thread idea!

The little things can be such big things!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Even Sunday I "face time" with my niece so I can see and visit with her children. My great nephews and niece.

I talk to my niece and catch up on things. then my 2 yr old great nephew gets in front of the camera / phone so I can see him while talking ( face time ) with him. He always says hi and that he loves me.

the twins are now 5 months old so my niece will just hold the phone over them so I can see them. the lil 5 month old niece is smiling now...its just to freakin cute.

Christmas Day, they set up their IPad so I could face time again with them, so i could literally watch my 2 yr old nephew come down the steps, get excited that Santa had been there and I got to watch him open his gifts.

after that, I cooked the same thing they did for breakfast ( and nope, I didnt burn anything that day ) then once everyone was done cooking we all "face time" again and sat down and had Christmas breakfast together.

that means and meant a lot to me

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Oh ok Sassy. Gemme said that too i just didn't find it. The other one is in the fluff threads. This is about relationships but i'm sure they are similar enough.

And yeah, admin will take care of it if they want them combined. Whatever works best. And you are right.....little things are really big things when they add up. It's amazing!!!!

Mtn, it is precious your daughter got to see you bro!!!! I guess that makes me her Auntie Belle...lol.

Durx8, time with family is so important. It sounds like you really appreciate it a lot and take it all in. That's wonderful!!!

Today i have this to say about "little things"....

I had a mentally handicaped patient today. He was just precious. The mom said he had the mind of a 3 year old. She was amazing and was taking such wonderful care of him.

He kept reaching for me and when i would get close he just rubbed my arm or hers or whoever he could touch.

When i was about to leave, he was reaching for me again. His mom says..."he always does that, you go ahead about your day".

I was about to leave and looked back at him. So innocent. So pure and sweet. I couldn't help but walk over again.

He didn't want to rub my arm. He pulled me down and gave me a hug.

That.

Made my day.

Hugs even from strangers or people we don't know that well are beautiful things.

Maya Angelou
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #11
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Belle, I absolutely love your little(HUGE) thing today. I know exactly how that feels. Thank you for sharing that.

My little things today...

My roommate asked me to go to church with him tomorrow. His girlfriend is going to the Buddhist Temple in the morning, and he said that he would enjoy the company of his best friend tomorrow at church. It was really quite sweet. I am not a church goer, but I will go, and appreciate sharing that with him. As well as Super Bowl after church!

I met someone from our local community for dinner tonight, she was really a very nice person, and has the hook up for local activities like game nights, movie nights, hiking, and biking. I have really been looking for a group that does these activities on a monthly basis, and it looks like I may have found it! Friends, outside of work, in the local community are something I have really felt was missing from my life in the Portland area for a long time. I'm really excited to meet some new friendly folks!

and the last little thing...

Dinner was absolutely scrumptious...I suggested Gustav's (because the last time I went there it was fabulous), so it was Chicken schnitzel, with shitake mushrooms, and spaetzel with paprika sauce. The appetizer, fondue with bread and sausage, was to die for. More workouts in my future, but well worth it!

It was a really lovely day. New friends, old friends, and good food.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #12
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Two of my little things...

My son telling me he missed me when he comes home from a visit with his dad.

My honey bringing me a cup of coffee in the morning (made just the way I like it) when I'm just getting out of bed. Seems like such a small thing...but it always starts my day off with a smile

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #13
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love this thread Belle!!

The little things for me are....

Damon bringing me a cup of coffee when he knows I cant breathe well... knowing it helps...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley being there to bury my head in her fur when I was having to go through the daily gauze packing after my surgery... worked much better than pain pills...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riley... sensing when I am having a bad night just nudging me with her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new baby Coco who INSISTS on crawling across my face and smothering me with her belly when we go to bed... good thing she only weighs 15 pounds.. I still dont know what thats about lol..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And of course Peppa.. my sweet holy terror Peppa... every night when "she" is ready... she nudges the blanket aside and crawls under curling behind my knees (usually after stomping on Damon's chest to get there).. warm Peppa's make everything better..

Thats what Damon says anyway..

And... just now... as I type... Damon playing "I hope you dance" for me.. just because..

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

My sweetie bringing me home pens and notebooks and loving it as much as I do.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Even when you insist on paying your own way ...being treated to your favorite latter and later in the evening your favorite hot apple cider when they saw you were chilled from sitting outside with everyone. It was a nice treat indeed ...and for some strange reason, it feels good to have doors opened for me and being escorted to my car in a dark parking lot.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

the pups coming in to greet me good morning

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #17
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

waking up with puppy kisses......
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #18
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Getting a card in the mail...that smells like him.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

Love this thread Belle!

I love that He always slows down by the little lakes so I can look for gators bc he knows it tickles me pink to see them out sunbathing

How His hand always finds mine everytime we walk together

That He makes me chocolate chip cookies late at night and let's me eat them in bed

He always says I love you Baby, not just I love you

How my nephew, even though he is 17, let's me call him Baby Pumpkin Butt and doesn't cringe, and always says I love you twice before he hangs up

How Chevvie loves to lay across my feet while I watch tv

That Dodger nickers when he hears my voice as I walk in the barn
Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

It may not seem like much, but I'm still buying my Mum flowers, ever since she told me no-one had ever bought her them when she was with them, it broke my heart, she's the sweetest, most generous, loving, giving and forgiving woman I've ever met, and it always makes me smile seeing her face light up when I walk up to her with a bundle of flowers in my arms, even if she does then tell me off for spending my money on her.
She's worth it, hell, she's more than worth it, she's not only my Mother, she's one of my best friends.