Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
JrzyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym

JrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Does a Soulmate really Exist?

Is there such a thing as a Soul mate? If so, Do they really Exist?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzyButch View Post
A question that has been asked many times, JrzyButch. I do believe soul mates exist. However, from what I understand about them, soul mate relationships are not the happy stroll-through-a-field-of-flowers relationships they're portrayed to be. Soul mates meet each other to tear down walls, confront major issues, and help their partners grow in significant and often very painful ways. They are incredibly intense but they're not meant to last.

I think soul mates are often confused with twin flames, who are supposed to be your partners for life. And yes, I believe those exist as well. I think we have to go through a lot of soul mates before we find our twin flame.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Girl. I believe our soul mates help us work things out, confronting major issues.
And how wonderful if you can find your twin flame.
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

My answer is a little contradictory...

I think that we DO have soulmates. But, I think that the person we are connected to changes at various stages of our life.

For example, the person who we were meant to be with at 16 is perfect for the adolescent us and probably not who we are going to be with as we age. As we mature and we grow, we often part ways with the person we are with and find the next person we are destined to find. This cycle may repeat several times during our life.

I think that the person we are with, for good or bad, whether soulmate or not, is who we are meant to be with, to help guide us to where we are supposed to be, to teach us lessons along the way and to learn from us at the same time.

I also do not think that our soulmate is necessarily a love relationship or one where love extends beyond a platonic type. Friends can be soulmates just as easily as lovers can. I think soulmates are connected in a variety of ways, not just the sexual ones.

It may sound weird to think that way because many people think that a soulmate is one person, typically a lover, forever. But, as we change, do our souls not change too? Therefore, would our soulmate not change with it?

Old 08-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Artzy76

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The Girlie kinds :)
Relationship Status:
Singular

Artzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Absolutely!

Quote:
I Do believe soul mates exist. I also believe that soul mates come into our lives in many forms not just romantically!
I believe that people are brought into our lives for specific reason to help us accomplish life lessons or us to help them.
In my opinion, its an ever-flowing exchange of energy. If we pay attention we can learn from and become a higher self. Everyone we meet or come across has the potential to touch our lives or you to touch theirs. Paying attention to those energy exchanges and greatly increase your self awareness & the awareness of those around you.

I agree with what "Girl on Fire" said also about twin flames. I don't know much about it but am on a mission to learn more about it now... lol

Ty for the post
Artzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Artzy76 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeh I believe in soulmates and it's a subject that is really close to my heart because I met my twin flame soulmate and it's a bit like giving birth in terms of intensity and bonding. It's also confusing because it usually involves telepathic experiences with the person, so if this is a new experience - which it was for me - that can really take some time to get your head around. My ex husband the man I married is also a soulmate. I believe everyone is a soulmate to some degree because everyone has the ability to touch one's soul. There are two kinds of soul mate experience where the mate either supports your soul - or drags it out of your chest for an overhaul. Both are beneficial in the end. The thing I know about twin souls is they set something in momentum, an inner transformation that is sometimes beautiful, sometimes awe inspiring, sometimes agonising and unstoppable.

I will have a think about this and add more later.

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Siren's Song

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Siren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do soul mates exist?

Rumor has it. It's a lovely dream. I'm not sure if soul mates exists or not. I do know that I can be my sweetest love and give myself what I dream of. I do know that I own the love that lives inside of me, and I can give it to myself. In reality I have control over this. If someone comes a long that is my perfect fit, well that's sugar in my cup.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

like others have said, a soulmate does not guarantee you'll be together forever. a soulmate is a connection that is truly madly deeply. friend, lover, or maybe i've never met them face to face. but if my soul is touched, then well, my soul has a mate. i've be fortunate to have had more than one. i like to think of the soul as a vessel. the soul gives the spirit a means of transportation. when i think of those that have took my spirit for a "ride", ... o my how i miss them and love to think about. blessed. a soulmate makes you a better person via the connection.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default Soulmate

Found. There is no doubt in my mind that I have found my soulmate. We are . We just are. Nothing else compares!

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

IMO:
you would be soul mates when you are together, for the time..no one is put into your life by mistake. you learn from it, you grow from it, you love from it, you hurt from it.
feeling giddy and full of "love" is great we all like it. it has our souls feeling good and it improves our self esteem, puts a skip in our step.

could it be forever?
sure if you can work on issues together.
unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way.

then its time to sit down and revaluate things, work on ourselves, and when the right person steps into your life & you are willing to try again.
cowboy up, and have fun!

sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

No.

I'd explain why, but Tim Minchin does it better, so I'll let him do it.

Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default yes

I have met more than one in this lifetime however the blue eyes one I have waited and looked for .......hy is here in my arms my soul knows this connection better than any other and there is no explaining to the human what the soul already knows.

the one I sought has finally arrived.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #13
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

My opinion on soul mates ...

Yes, I believe they exist.

I also believe they are people who sincerely love and care for each other to the point of working through each others difficult issues without bailing out. They grow together in similar directions and stay together. (If the relationship is built on a healthy basis, I like to see people stay together and work things out.)

I think many times the grass looks greener on the other side, and then people find, after a while, that "greener grass" was not all that.

Maybe I am a fairy tale butch. Though I am not in the market and am not looking around at the present, I do still believe in the existence of the type soul mates I described. Just for me, if I stopped believing it, I would become a very hard person. I am not there ... yet?
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #14
Mormegil

How Do You Identify?:
just myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
meh
Relationship Status:
single

Mormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST Reputation

i sure hope so
Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #15
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Another thought ... I think they can also serve to be change agents.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

Quote:
My answer is YES! Red loves me despite my many imperfections. It is not ever been about me or her, it has always been about us. Today is always easy to get through, it is the out of the blue WTF do we do now that has solidified who we each are and how important we are to each other!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I used to think so, but every time I think I have found that person, it isn't. Or, if they were, they haven't stayed in my life for whatever reason.

Soo.... I don't know? It nice to think about one existing and having that complete half... but the jury is out for me.

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #18
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Totally.....in movies, books and television!
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #19
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

No. But succubi do and they want your soul and to mate. So there is that.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #20
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I don't believe in souls so the term is problematic. No, I don't believe I have a soul so it cannot have a fated mate for it.

I believe very much in strong partnership built on companionship and trust. And playfulness, compatibility and deep friendship as well as mutual lust.

I don't think that's any less beautiful or rare.

No I don't believe. But that doesn't mean I dont love or cherish someone else or don't want it to last a lifetime.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: