Old 04-09-2015, 06:49 PM   #41
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I believe everyone has a soul mate. If I have come across mine yet, I was to stupid to know it. So I will continue to think positively that she is still out there waiting for me to find her, or maybe for her to find me.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #42
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,317 Times in 505 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I suppose anything can exist..if you want it to.Many many years ago I believed in Soulmates..I truly believed he (yes He) was out there,somewhere.Do I believe he is still out there?,no..Do I believe she is out there?,no.
All I know is that I need love...and whoever offers me the kind of love i'm looking for,well,that's my soulmate.

What is love?...You Are There for Me.

Make sense?
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 05:01 AM   #43
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela View Post
This is interesting...I've never heard anyone express that before.

But does this mean, then, that your soulmate could theoretically be your Mom or Dad?

it means it could be anyone. anyone who challenges and believes in you i say...
Old 09-10-2015, 05:59 AM   #44
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCee View Post
The 'thing' with your soulmate is that you just can't go out and try to find them somewhere.

No, you find EACHOTHER..out of nowhere and at the weirdest places and in times you would have never expected. And you just know in a split second even only after sharing a few thoughts.

You know they are your soulmate because they resemble everything and everybody to you.

They are your father, mother, sister, brother, your best friend and even your puppy dog you never really had.

They are the best lover because they just KNOW what you need, feel and think right in that moment.

They look in to your eyes and see YOU for what and who you are and accept you just the way you are. Your looks, the way you laugh, talk, your voice, mind..they adore everything about you although you're not at any means 'perfect'. It doesn't matter.

A soulmate guides you through life, criticizes where it's needed and reels you back in when go too far and out of line, but always in a loving, protective way and always for your own good.

They support you in anything you put your mind to, because they believe in you.

With a soulmate on your side you have a HOME for life, in your soul and in your heart, forever.

They give you wings to fly out to the world so you can thrive and become a better person for yourself, them, your life and their's....

....only to come back home to the warmth and security of their arms.

It's absolute unconditional love for as long as you both live..and beyond.

That's my soulmate.
I think this is a fantastic description of your version of a soul mate. I don't think that this exists outside of, as Mel said, TV and movies and the entertainment spin but I hope you find this person and that it feels this way to you.

My best friend growing up was a soul mate. We're not in touch anymore but she left an indelible mark on me and, during some really rough times, she supported and loved me without effort and thought. It just was. Without it and without her, I would have been lost.

I haven't been able to duplicate that feeling with a romantic partner but that's okay. I'm lucky to have experienced it once.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #45
femmeandstrong

How Do You Identify?:
just me...imperfect but warm-hearted me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am alright and still smiling - keeping my eyes on what lasts and matters

Thanked 1,040 Times in 279 Posts
femmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputation

The way I see it... one has to be true to being the best friend possible to one's own soul...
there is no magical person who will need all my needs... crazy expectation... but there can be people who one can be forever connected with ...
but please not in a needy way...nooooo lol

Last edited by femmeandstrong; 09-10-2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: grammar
femmeandstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeandstrong For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #46
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I just don't particularly believe that someone was "meant" for me.
I'm a "hard" athiest, which means I don't believe in fate, lessons from the universe, pre-ordained meaning, souls or spirit.

Yes, I know and have met - and married - someone who got me on such a core level it was amazing. I also have two best mates - one of 27 years and one of 32 years - who are people who deeply get and understand me. It's rarely an effort to interact with them and I trust them completely.

My half brother was the deepest love I have ever had for anyone and the connection we had wont ever be repeated. We were like twins. We even looked like each other to a spooky level. Same laugh, same taste in music, same skills and interests, same haircut, same gayness, same filthy laugh and love of kink.

Buti still wouldn't call that soul mates because I don't believe in souls, so I don't believe people have pre-ordained partners matched to their souls but some universal force.
So I don't believe in soul mates. But I've had deeply meaningful, incredible depth of connection and love. I haven't missed out on that. I just don't think it has anything to do with souls or fate or pre-ordained meaning. So I don't believe in the concept of soul mates. I do know the depth of partnership exists.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #47
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I found mine, and I hope to always be with her....but even when we are not together, I feel her deep inside of me. Death or distance cannot change something that just "is".
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #48
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nope -

I don't believe in the concept of a soulmate; I believe in Karma.

But soulmate, like everything else, is just a word and is therefore only as meaningful (or meaningless) as any of us make it. Personally, I find that term very limiting - I think interrelationships of all beings are far more complex and beautiful than that word encompasses.

I firmly believe that if you move about in the world believing in whatever, then you are very likely to find all sorts of "proof" that whatever it is, is in fact, true.

Confirmation bias, I believe they call it.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #49
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Yes it does exits!.......................

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #50
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default It Ain't Me Babe

I don't believe in soulmates in the traditional romantic relationship Disney/pop American culture interpretation. Meaning "the one", someone who is destined for you and you for them who will always magically know what you need and who will never wax and wane over time, your other half, so in synch is must be supernatural.

I think that is an unfair, unhealthy fantasy that sets people up to only have short to medium term relationships that ultimately leave them disappointed because it sets an impossible standard not based in the reality of human animal nature.

What I do believe in is that there are people who because of their life experiences, outlook, understanding, personality and desires match pretty closely with yours or even better beautifully compliment you and that gives rise to a connection and delicious frisson that together you tend, groom, and shape over time.

To me ultimate love is more of an ongoing piece of performance art rather than a divine intervention.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #51
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

Its something I think about often, but as of right now, I dont think so. I think it is warm and fuzzy to think about someone on the planet already waiting for us to just "happen" about and skip merrily into the sunset together. Seems really need and packaged in a way life just isnt.

I'm a big believer in being able to choose our own destiny, therefore I sway on the "no" side of the existence of a soulmate. I am willing to have my mind changed about it though.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #52
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've spent so much time studying this topic. I believe that for some people having a soulmate is simply being with someone in a relationship that works out and lasts, which is fine. And for others (like me), a soulmate is more of a rare type you aren't sure that you will ever have the chance of meeting (until you do), a twin flame. Someone who is so unique that they have so many of the most uncommon things in common with you, along with weird coincidences and other signs that make you feel you would most likely never meet another who fits you so well.

The one who changes or adds to you and your life in the most positive ways because you value the same things and were already headed on the same path before you even met. They can be as different from you as they are the same, yet those differences turn out to be things that compliment each other naturally instead of distress you. For example, a writer and an artist who both always thought about doing picture books, but the writer doesn't draw and the artist doesn't like to write. They discover they can do amazing things together.

The one who makes everything better simply with their presence. The one with whom you have healthy happiness in ways that remain consistent and stand the test of time. Things aren't perfect, but the two of you go together so perfectly that you're able to make it through anything life brings. In my experience, all these things make someone a soulmate, and I do believe the saying "you just know" when you meet them. But I think it goes beyond that ... to knowing that being without them would truly be too devastating to even imagine. True soulmate is the one you don't let go of and the one who never lets go of you. It's never one-sided.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #53
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

I might be a desperate optimist, a childish silly dreamer but I still believe that yes, soulmates do exists! Some find them and some don't but somewhere in there world there's a perfect match for everyone out there... Am I crazy?
Bubala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #54
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I never believed in one until I found her. Never had such a deep amazing connection with someone before... it's pretty special <3

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #55
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

do I believe? yes, probably..but that doesn't mean I believe it's smooth sailing...by my life experience, there is no such thing...but hopefully you can learn from your mistakes and at some point find that connection that will last well past a lifetime-
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #56
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Nope, no way no how, no way jose!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #57
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel C. View Post
Totally.....in movies, books and television!
2 1/2 years later and I still think the same...kinda...or maybe not
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 03:26 AM   #58
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Being Native I don't think so in a sense of tv or movie kinda soul mate. I believe the creator makes us in pairs. and that other half of your being your "soul" is out there living life just like you and when you least expect it they show up.. For Me it's more about u explained connections... there have been people in My life who I thought could be but really were sent to Me to help along the path to better and more enduring connections... Eceryones perfect pair is out there somewhere just living life as you are and hopefully everyone finds that OMG connection. Just My opinion take it as it is lol
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #59
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

When in the moment it sure can feel like it. But no I don't believe it does.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #60
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Soulmate

I do not believe in soulmates, fate, or destiny.

When I meet someone with the same morals, values, and ideals as mine I pause to get to know them. Sometimes I find a life long friend and sometimes I find a partner but it is a choice not destiny.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: