Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Nope unless you consider my dog, who i think is my soulmate.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #62
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

yes they do
Old 04-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #63
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Yes.

And that feeling of recognition when you look into their eyes or kiss them or just feel their presence. The thing where your soul sighs and says to itself, "Oh, I know you...and maybe I've known you in other lifetimes but I definitely know you".

The feeling of all the gears sliding smoothly in time before the soft *click* where the intricate and sometimes jagged edges of one another find their perfect position. The most delicate and specific puzzle piece that has only one match.

Yes, *that*.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #64
indigo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-like
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

indigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputation

It might depend on the concept of soulmate, what you think or expect such kind of mate to be or feel like. I don't have a specific person in mind that I'd consider my soulmate but there are situations in everyday life where I feel connected to people and we understand each other without words or we can perfectly relate to each others toughts and feelings.
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to indigo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #65
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

I think so....the creator made us in pairs and your pair is out there..
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #66
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Still feel the same, NOPE, it's all mumbo jumbo junk in my opinion and it's how I feel.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #67
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Still feel the same, NOPE, it's all mumbo jumbo junk in my opinion and it's how I feel.
I agree buddy.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:01 PM   #68
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I agree buddy.
I didn't think that a lot of others felt the same LOL

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #69
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I didn't think that a lot of others felt the same LOL

I do. The reality is that we meet folks and some are a good fit and some are not. I live in reality not fantasy.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #70
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I do. The reality is that we meet folks and some are a good fit and some are not. I live in reality not fantasy.
Yes reality is good to live in, fantasy is just that fantasy!

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #71
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Yes.

And that feeling of recognition when you look into their eyes or kiss them or just feel their presence. The thing where your soul sighs and says to itself, "Oh, I know you...and maybe I've known you in other lifetimes but I definitely know you".

The feeling of all the gears sliding smoothly in time before the soft *click* where the intricate and sometimes jagged edges of one another find their perfect position. The most delicate and specific puzzle piece that has only one match.

Yes, *that*.
Really enjoyed reading this..I agree...until you have experienced it yourself...it's logical to be skeptical but be open...we are finite creatures and tend to live in the moment ...and if you don't believe it then you will most likely never find it
Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 AM   #72
IrishAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Dancing in the sunshine and rain.

IrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo View Post
It might depend on the concept of soulmate, what you think or expect such kind of mate to be or feel like. I don't have a specific person in mind that I'd consider my soulmate but there are situations in everyday life where I feel connected to people and we understand each other without words or we can perfectly relate to each others toughts and feelings.
I agree here. I wonder if it's not just two halves but different charts of the same ... crystal we each offer a connection that is recognizable and known previously not always as a romantic partner sometimes a a true freind, not always some one for keeps but you discover a price of your self fro. Them that you forgot about or had not been introduced to previously.

IrishAmazon
IrishAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishAmazon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #73
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

For me, a soulmate does indeed exist.

She is right next to me every morning. Wouldn't have believed it before I met Her. Usually, before believing something, it must meet scientific reason.

I am so glad She's in my life. It's not that we always agree with one another, but our spark is still there after 23 years in August. Arguing about topics is just another part of our dynamic. I have not had anyone (including both parents) who has been with me this long.

It's not that we merely love each other, we are still in love.

Last edited by cathexis; 06-12-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: clarification
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #74
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Thanks to Wiki:

In his dialogue The Symposium, Plato has Aristophanes present a story about soul mates. Aristophanes states that humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces. He continues that there were three genders: man, woman and the "Androgynous". Each with two sets of genitalia with the Androgynous having both male and female genitalia. The men were children of the sun, the women were children of the earth and the Androgynous were children of the moon, which was born of the sun and earth. It is said that humans had great strength at the time and threatened to conquer the gods. The gods were then faced with the prospect of destroying the humans with lightning as they had done with the Titans but then they would lose the tributes given to the gods by humans.

Zeus developed a creative solution by splitting humans in half as punishment for humanity's pride and doubling the number of humans who would give tribute to the gods. These split humans were in utter misery to the point where they would not eat and would perish so Apollo had sewn them up and reconstituted their bodies with the navel being the only remnant harkening back to their original form. Each human would then only have one set of genitalia and would forever long for his/her other half; the other half of his/her soul. It is said that when the two find each other, there is an unspoken understanding of one another, that they feel unified and would lie with each other in unity and would know no greater joy than that.

My perspective:

I researched Wiki because I had wondered where the concept of a soul mate originally came from.

I like Plato's concept of unity.

I think that if one finds a love that complements the self, that is as close to a soul mate that one could hope for.

I have had relationships in which we were so much alike I often did not know where I ended and the other person began. My 19 year relationship was like that. By the time I finally ended it- I did not know who I was as a person anymore.

I believe it was more enmeshment than that of soul mates.

My current girlfriend and I are in love and I love her as a person.

I don't know that she is my other half. I don't really even know what that means any more.

We are so different in the things and ways that my long-term ex and I were so much the same.

We don't like the same movies, TV shows, books. We have philosophical arguments that are ridiculous sometimes.

We both have a terrible need to be right until we have to laugh (if we did not already piss each other off).

Where we do totally connect is in our mutual respect, values, beliefs, sexual attraction and love.

For me, that is unity that I can live with- without losing myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZebraz View Post
I do.

But not in the terms of "24/7 happiness never an argument just perfect" concept. I believe a soul mate is someone who creates a positive tide in your life. They push you to reach your goals and embrace your nature. I think its a feeling you get that reflects your soul finding it's other half. I do believe it can also be something you find in a friend. My husband is my soul mate, but my best friend also holds a soul mate status because of the same reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmadian View Post
I don't think soulmates exist. I find the alternative is much more romantic.

For me, I think the concept of soulmates can be very seductive in that it kind of absolves us of responsibility for looking after our relationships, sticking it out in the tough times, trying to understand the aspects of our partner we might not otherwise want to understand, and it also allows us to more readily wash our hands of someone or something with the idea that "oh, if s/he were really the right one or if this were really the 'right' relationship, we wouldn't fight (or at least not this much) and it wouldn't be so hard. I guess we're not really 'meant to be.'" I think it also keeps us in relationships or with people with whom we otherwise might not (or should not) remain.

I think it's far more romantic to not have the belief in a soulmate but to give it a go anyway despite all the odds. To recognize each other's flaws, wake up each and every morning and make the conscious choice to love and be with someone, to acknowledge the fact that those initial giddy, feverish feelings of infatuation will eventually (and quite naturally) fade a bit with time and to be patient and aware enough to see and feel the deep, abiding love which replaces them... to make the decision to create a life together and respect and love each other as best you are able while accepting each other, warts and all... that, to me, is romantic.

I think the sticking point for me with the concept of soulmates (aside from, you know, being an atheist and all) is the idea of choosing vs being chosen. I want to be with someone who chooses me for who I am and what I am to them (and vice versa), how we mesh and who we are as a couple, and to not feel as though they think I was chosen for them according to some ethereal concept that neither of us can really adequately define. I need something concrete, tangible, and real. If you tell me you love me because the stars are aligned and you "just knew" upon meeting that I was "the one"... well, maybe that sounds nice in poetry and it works for some people but it doesn't really pass the smell test for me. If, however, you tell me you love me because you've seen me at my worst, now know my flaws, and you still want to be with me in spite of everything because you still get that ache when I walk through the door, to me that's love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
IMO, a soul mate is someone who really "gets" you, sees your strengths without idealizing you and accepts your flaws without contempt.

Someone you can be yourself with, who makes it easy to be your best self.

On top of that, you share surface things with this person, like activities and aesthetics and ways of being in the world, not to mention, sexual energy.

I don't think everyone will experience that dynamic or have what we're calling a "soul mate."

I believe we do everything in our power to be open and true to ourselves etc. but there are things we aren't in control of, being in the right place at the right time to meet that person.

I don't mean to be negative, I just think that's the way it is. It's part of being alive, to accept this. IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
I don't believe in the concept of a soulmate; I believe in Karma.

But soulmate, like everything else, is just a word and is therefore only as meaningful (or meaningless) as any of us make it. Personally, I find that term very limiting - I think interrelationships of all beings are far more complex and beautiful than that word encompasses.

I firmly believe that if you move about in the world believing in whatever, then you are very likely to find all sorts of "proof" that whatever it is, is in fact, true.

Confirmation bias, I believe they call it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
I don't believe in soulmates in the traditional romantic relationship Disney/pop American culture interpretation. Meaning "the one", someone who is destined for you and you for them who will always magically know what you need and who will never wax and wane over time, your other half, so in synch is must be supernatural.

I think that is an unfair, unhealthy fantasy that sets people up to only have short to medium term relationships that ultimately leave them disappointed because it sets an impossible standard not based in the reality of human animal nature.

What I do believe in is that there are people who because of their life experiences, outlook, understanding, personality and desires match pretty closely with yours or even better beautifully compliment you and that gives rise to a connection and delicious frisson that together you tend, groom, and shape over time.

To me ultimate love is more of an ongoing piece of performance art rather than a divine intervention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Yes.

Yes, *that*.
I picked up and re--quoted other member opinions on whether they believe in if an soul mate exists.... I resonate with each member's thoughts.

Myself, though???

I don't know that, generally speaking about, an soul mate, as some people have described above, exists.

I mean, there are people in my life that have known me for years and we know each other soooo well, that we already know what the other is thinking. Does it mean they're a soul mate? I don't think so. I think it's a clear case of people knowing each other so well that it's highly unlikely that anything they say or do, will take us by surprise. It's just that we know each other really well.

I loved reading the post by Smiling, which spoke to Confirmation Bias. Right on, I totally get that concept and how it works. But, I also loved Ginger's idea about the idea that another person can love you and accept your flaws without contempt. I totally get the idea Medusa talks about, when all those tangible and intangible elements experienced by both parties and how they *click* into place. I just loved reading Venus007's process of understanding -- that ultimately love on progress is more like an work of art in progress, rather than divine intervention.

I don't know that I specifically buy into the idea of some person who turns out to be my "soul mate."

Here's what I think is more realistic, because we all have our own reality, as we learn and grow: I think that a loving relationship involves commitment, the ability to accept another for who they are and to commit to nurturing their romantic relationship in terms that will allow each party to know they are the number 1 priority in the other person's life.

Prioritizing for ourselves and giving the one we're in an romantic relationship with is not single handedly done on own own. Commitment toward preserving the relationship over time is probably the best investment in mutual happiness that any couple could do, and it takes lots of energy, lots of willingness to work cooperatively over the span of your romantic involvement/relationship.

I'm sure I've not said everything I could say or expressed all that is on my mind.

Here's to romance, love and dreams that come true.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #75
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

Here's what I think is more realistic, because we all have our own reality, as we learn and grow: I think that a loving relationship involves commitment, the ability to accept another for who they are and to commit to nurturing their romantic relationship in terms that will allow each party to know they are the number 1 priority in the other person's life.

Prioritizing for ourselves and giving the one we're in an romantic relationship with is not single handedly done on own own. Commitment toward preserving the relationship over time is probably the best investment in mutual happiness that any couple could do, and it takes lots of energy, lots of willingness to work cooperatively over the span of your romantic involvement/relationship.

I'm sure I've not said everything I could say or expressed all that is on my mind.

Here's to romance, love and dreams that come true.
exactly...two minds which meet and find synergy..I call it soulmate but it can be anything you want it to be..but it's a special something that is not fathomable (at times) and can provide endless delight and comfort..

The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #76
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

This is one of my favorite topics. One that I've spent years contemplating and listening to various perspectives about. I think the conclusion of my opinion is that a) no, there is not one for every person, but there are soulmates out there for people who yearn for one and believe they are meant to have one and b) there are different types of soulmates.

It's all varied. Some people are happy remaining alone and don't believe there is anyone they were meant to be with. Some have a soulmate, but can never be with them, so settle for a life partnership or just being alone. And some find who they believe is a soulmate, know it without doubt, and stay with them forever.

I believe the two types of people out there that end up staying together are either life partners or soulmates. I believe there are friend & family soulmates, which obviously stay platonic, and then there are the twin flames, which are one of the deepest most unique romantic bond.

I have 4 brothers, and there is one who is like my twin. We have scary things in common and are unique from society and others in ways that are ridiculously not common. We talk about it all the time.

I spent hours with one of my sister-friend soulmates on the beach this weekend, talking, playing in the sand and tearing up as we shared things & related in ways that are unique to us. We know that we, as we identify and as our hearts & souls are designed so similarly, are a rare breed and were definitely brought together by the universe to be in each others lives. We aren't just two women who met and got to know each other well. We are each Woman Type ABCDEFG, while most other women are just type A or B or C, etc. I have another sister-friend who is my soulmate in the same exact way. I couldn't make it through life without these beautiful angels who fit at my side like a jigsaw puzzle piece.

I have also dated people before who I knew could probably be a decent life partnership, but where I knew there were pieces missing that didn't match up the way they do with a twin flame soulmate. We get along fine, sure there are some pretty average things in common, and the relationship would probably be overall pretty good and healthy and steady. A good team. Secure. A safe bet. I think a lot of people either settle for or prefer this type of partnership instead of waiting for or believing in a soulmate.

And then there are twin flames. I have felt this type of connection. Where there is a fire in the heart and an anchor in the core of the soul. There are major and even small eerie ways we are a mirror reflection of each other ... ways that never matched with others and that you know never will again either. Those details, that are so aligned or the same that it's scary. For me, this is the person where we know each other inside and out, not just because we told each other, but because we are from the same mold and understand the best and most difficult things about each other without words explaining. There are no parts of ourselves we can even hide from the other. We will expose things about each other that we didn't want to ever face. We read each other's minds, have way too many scary coincidences and a super glue bond that, even if we can't be together or can't make a relationship work, will never be broken at the heart & soul level where it exists.

I don't think a soulmate is cultivated with time and getting to know each other and building up to it. I think it's those connections that are instant, inevitable, unspoken, unwavering, happen whether you like it or not or were ready/looking for it or not, and are unforgettable once the impact is made.

It is my twin flame soulmate who would receive my last phone call before I take my last breath.

I read a lot and hear so many different things. How the life partnerships are always the better way to go because they will last & are more like a security blanket. How the soulmate relationships can be too intense and have too many problems and aren't really meant to last forever. How some people stay with their life partner, all the while harboring a soulmate bond with someone else they can't be with, until they die. One of my favorite couples, Lucy & Desi, for example.

So yes, I do believe they exist (sometimes more than once). But no, not for everyone.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #77
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I think it could be when you meet someone and in less than 20 minutes they turn you upside down inside ... and you can't figure out why or make sense of it until later.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #78
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Yes reality is good to live in, fantasy is just that fantasy!
It seems to me that there's a way to say that you don't agree with the concept without saying it's not something real. That feels insulting to me. For some it is. For some it's not. No point in casting shadow on someone else's idea, if you don't believe the same.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #79
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am still watching my DVR of VICE News from today.

I was also reading this thread at the same time.

On comes a piece about the Loving Supreme Court decision.

50 years ago today, the Supreme Court ruled in the decision of Richard and Mildred Loving.

They said that if two consenting adults chose to marry, race should not be a factor in the decision to marry.

There were excerpts from The Loving Story. Their lawyer said: "Mr. Loving told me to tell the court that I love my wife and it is unfair that I can't live with her in Virginia".

VICE asked several interracial couples today, to talk about what that decision meant to them.

One couple said: "We are not naive. I am not color-blind. It is not that black folks are not black folks and white folks are not white folks but this particular white folk is my soulmate and my best friend."

It really resonated with me.

When I first posted in this thread, in 2014, I was with my recent ex. I left that relationship because it was not good for me.

Most of us have had heartbreak related to loves that did not work out. It is a very painful part of life.

I still believe in love.

I still believe that one can meet the person that feels like recognition in the deepest part of your soul, that you are meant to be together.

Of course, the other may not feel the same way! That is always a risk.

Soulmates.

Yes, I do believe it is possible (or pretty darn close to that ideal).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #80
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am still watching my DVR of VICE News from today.

I was also reading this thread at the same time.

On comes a piece about the Loving Supreme Court decision.

50 years ago today, the Supreme Court ruled in the decision of Richard and Mildred Loving.

They said that if two consenting adults chose to marry, race should not be a factor in the decision to marry.

There were excerpts from The Loving Story. Their lawyer said: "Mr. Loving told me to tell the court that I love my wife and it is unfair that I can't live with her in Virginia".

VICE asked several interracial couples today, to talk about what that decision meant to them.

One couple said: "We are not naive. I am not color-blind. It is not that black folks are not black folks and white folks are not white folks but this particular white folk is my soulmate and my best friend."

It really resonated with me.

When I first posted in this thread, in 2014, I was with my recent ex. I left that relationship because it was not good for me.

Most of us have had heartbreak related to loves that did not work out. It is a very painful part of life.

I still believe in love.

I still believe that one can meet the person that feels like recognition in the deepest part of your soul, that you are meant to be together.

Of course, the other may not feel the same way! That is always a risk.

Soulmates.

Yes, I do believe it is possible (or pretty darn close to that ideal).

I remember this clearly as if it happened yesterday. I was just barely 8 years old.....Sunday afternoon diiner, at our family's home, guests too. It was the subject of discussion among adults present. As kids, we observed with great interest..... among those present at dinner, participating in the discussion, were those of a peculiar sort, whose bias was so incredibly hard to hear. But I was proud for them. And happy that they could be together when it was practically a social taboo that could cost you deeply. And even though I was just barely any age to hardly be interested in politics of any kind, I listened intently as if it were the best tasting candy in the world. I think this specific event is probably what brought about my life long pursuit and interest concerning racial injustice, and other types of social issues, over the years.

Thanks for the timely post, Anya.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: