Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #261
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Water Under The Bridge.....

Anything from the past that isn't significant or important anymore.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #262
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Cut Your Teeth............

Get your first experience of a particular type of work and learn the basic skills.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #263
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

A Dime a Dozen............

When something is extremely common and simple to acquire.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #264
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It's all Greek to me....

Something that you say when you do not understand something that is written or said.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #265
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

As Cool As a Cucumber........

Remaining cool and calm............
Old 07-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #266
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

A Match Made In Heaven..........

A relationship that is likely to be happy and successful.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #267
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

All's Fair In Love And War..............

People in love and soldiers in wartime are not bound by rules of fair play.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #268
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window.........

This is craz craz IMHO
Old 07-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #269
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Lucky At Cards, Unlucky In Love........

I'm not buying this!!
Old 07-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #270
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Misery Loves Company...........

False

Most times when I'm feeling low I want people around me that are cheerful and will lift me out of my funk.......
Old 07-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #271
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

One Cannot Love And Be Wise..........

People often fall in love with someone with whom they are not compatible or behave foolishly when they are in love
Old 07-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #272
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old habits die hard............

Difficult to change accustomed behaviors.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #273
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Sidebar: You've been reading my mind, homoe! *lol*

Have you ever wondered why it is that speaking in terms of metaphor seems to carry far more weight than speaking in clear, unvarnished terms ???

Use of social idioms in common ways people communicate to each other is a long time personal hobby of mine. I am curiously fascinated by all the many ways people use social and culturally significant terms of expression in everyday ways and means to communicate what's on our mind.

I appreciate you so very much!

_____ ______
Old 07-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #274
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

ln our communication class, we often talked about how some idioms and sayings were regional.

Also how different words had different meanings to each individual.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #275
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I Smell A Rat.........

Sensing that something just isn't right.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #276
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

.....Death occurs in three's.....

I don't know that this social expression holds up, really. Some people believe it to be true, other's not so much.

_____ ______
Old 07-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #277
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

.....The seven year itch......

I don't know that this holds up to be true, either. When relationships fail, sometimes people will remark that it's because one or the other experienced the proverbial "seven year itch."

_____ ______
Old 07-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #278
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default The Proverbial Universe.....

I've always believed, that if the term Universe is defined primarily as an intangible interest, such as our own world view or ourselves (tangible), then anything you set your heart on to believe or do will almost always be something a person brings to life.

In other ways, there's also the chance you could be promoting a particular bias or belief.

So, in general terms, I think this saying is pretty much true.
In other ways, I think it's wise to check your sense of sensibilities and act wisely, if not with a generous dose of caution.

_____ ______
Old 07-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #279
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I know __________ (fill in the blank) like the back of my hand........

To at least think you know someone or something, which may or may not be correct!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #280
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

You Could Of Knocked Me Over With A Feather.......

To be very surprised by something...........
Closed Thread