Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Question Making it work 24/7>>>

I was reading one of the leather threads and thought this would be great to share what works for your long distance relationship/relationship/partnership/marriage? You don' t necessarily have to be "in" a relationship at the moment ,to have something interesting to say-We have a lifetime of experience. What works for you? or What have you found doesn't?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Read something today about how most people when asked if they would die for their significant other usually say, "Yes!" The other side of the question was- but would you "live" for them? Which means a hundred small gestures that say I care, you are important-this made sense to me-and in the day to day ordinaries of life do we consciously put (enough) energy, time and thought into the person we've chosen to share our life with? Hoow much is enough???? ...I'm still trying to work that out..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome topic, kitty

I rarely subscribe to forum threads, but I think I'll keep this subscription.

*subscribed*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i love this subject!

with technology we have so many resources. The digital world has opened LD dating up for all of us.

i prefer LD on many levels. One thing is trust. Must. have. trust.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

This seems cliché but it's true-Don't go to bed angry-think about your part - deescalate your annoyance and negotiate so that you both are winners!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great thread topic, kittygirl!!!

I am in an LDR. I have had them before some worked, others did not. I think the failed ones the stresses & distance were a huge factor. The ones that did work, we both put a lot of time & effort into them.

Trust is absolutely paramount to the success of this type relationship (and all others IMO).

What makes mine work is that we spend quality time regularly with one another. We have FT dates via FB messenger. We have coloring dates, dining together dates, & we keep the FUN in these dates.

We definitely put one another above all else. We respect one another. I know sometimes we all need our "me" space & I am very respectful & cognizant of that time for her, as she is for me.

We are very open & honest with one another. We share so much of ourselves with one another.

One thing we did do was become friends first & foremost. We were friends, exchanging pleasantries over the last few years, BUT when we began to talk, it was as friends. We shared so many laughs, and fun times, working on projects. We took time to get to know each other. We are still doing that.

We saved intimacy for much later, preferring to do so and be able to relax & enjoy each other. It was mutual respect & agreement to do so. That is something I haven't ever done before. It has been so wonderful to get to know HER, her heart, her mind, her soul, and her personality, as those are what I deem sexy!

We chose to keep ours under wraps for some time, and we didn't rush into changing our status, or our lives, yet focusing on one another. I met her family very first visit & am getting to know them as well.

There is so much that goes into keeping a relationship on an even keel & maintaining time with each other yet still having our individual lives. I respect her fierceness & independence as does she mine. She IS my best friend! I can count on her through anything and vice versa.

We do indeed "live" for one another. That is a very healthy way to view this kind of relationship. Good point kittygrrl.

Anyway, you get the idea of what works for us. Every relationship is very different & works according to the two people involved.

Good luck to all who embark on this way of life with another. It does and can work if both are on same page.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #7
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thumbs up make today count-

Stop obssessing about your past-as time goes by your relationship-love-sex- will change...into something deeper...no it's not going to be the edge of your seat kind of thing...but it can be sweeter and deeper if you take the time and thought to make it good...really good-accept it will never look like it did 5 years ago or even a year ago-don't get tripped up or out worrying about it-hindsight is 20/20-make every day better then the last-that is all we ever really have darlin-
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #8
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Making it work

Great subject Kittygrrl.

I hope to learn from others in this thread. I feel like I fall short a lot at making it work 24/7. I give so much of my energy to my work that I am exhausted when I get home at night with very little left for a partner.

Looks like I need to reflect and try harder.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Great subject Kittygrrl.

I hope to learn from others in this thread. I feel like I fall short a lot at making it work 24/7. I give so much of my energy to my work that I am exhausted when I get home at night with very little left for a partner.

even for a LDR? not as much energy needed for that, or maybe it take more i am not sure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #10
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
even for a LDR? not as much energy needed for that, or maybe it take more i am not sure.
I actually do pretty well with LDR's. Time to focus on work and time to focus on her. Yep.

I am great at dating.

Thanks Dee.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #11
NavyButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir, Captain

NavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Great subject Kittygrrl.

Hi Chad-

I think you hit the nail on the head with- "Looks like I need to reflect and try harder". Really more the reflection part. I think that when a relationship ends- any type really- even a friendship- it is necessary for us to look back at it all and try to figure out just went wrong. Like you said- was it because you give a lot of energy to your job and have nothing left over? If that was truly it- what can you do to change that? So often it is easier to just move on and not spend the time to look back at what happened. We just feel, "ok, it is over- going to dust myself off- and move on". I do not think it is where we should dwell on it for sure. But, I think self-reflection is always good no matter what the circumstances were in regards to the breakup. It is not about laying blame- it is about learning and making ourselves better for the next possibility.
NavyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NavyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyButch View Post
Hi Chad-

I think you hit the nail on the head with- "Looks like I need to reflect and try harder". Really more the reflection part. I think that when a relationship ends- any type really- even a friendship- it is necessary for us to look back at it all and try to figure out just went wrong. Like you said- was it because you give a lot of energy to your job and have nothing left over? If that was truly it- what can you do to change that? So often it is easier to just move on and not spend the time to look back at what happened. We just feel, "ok, it is over- going to dust myself off- and move on". I do not think it is where we should dwell on it for sure. But, I think self-reflection is always good no matter what the circumstances were in regards to the breakup. It is not about laying blame- it is about learning and making ourselves better for the next possibility.
Hi NavyButch,

Yes my work has been an issue for decades. I have sacrificed time with family, friends, and partners for my career. I have been pondering balance for a long time. My work is very important to my soul and I enjoy it.

I guess it all comes down to what is most important. That is very hard because my work is so important.

I think that I am a good match for a career femme that is passionate about her work then we could meet in the middle and have fun weekends.

Thank you for your input.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #13
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Great subject Kittygrrl.

your spouse should show up w/ lunch and her as a snack ~
Old 04-29-2017, 05:05 PM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yep. This has definitely impacted my relationships too. Especially with the work I do. I feel like I give all of my emotional energy to my clients (I'm a therapist), so I have none left when I get home. I tend to do the best if I have a partner who lives near me, but not with me. Ex- long term GF...we broke up 6 months ( or less), after she moved in. We were fine for 5 years not living together. Big shifts were happening in my life at the exact same time too, which had a large impact, I suspect.
Exactly. i cannot share my space with a live in.

LD works for me as long as i feel like a priority.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yep. This has definitely impacted my relationships too. Especially with the work I do. I feel like I give all of my emotional energy to my clients (I'm a therapist), so I have none left when I get home. I tend to do the best if I have a partner who lives near me, but not with me. Ex- long term GF...we broke up 6 months ( or less), after she moved in. We were fine for 5 years not living together. Big shifts were happening in my life at the exact same time too, which had a large impact, I suspect.
Hi buddy,

I think that we are not alone. I was raised to be a husband and provider. This work ethic is hard but necessary as our contribution to our family and our careers. My dad really impressed on me a strong work ethic.

I am a biologist, I work hard for what cannot protect it's self the evironment and endangered species.

I am a career guy and that means that my loved ones may not see me as much as they want and when they do I may be exhausted.

I am sorry for your loss. I have experienced that too.
Chad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #16
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

To Dapper and Chad,

there are a lot of femmes like me who prefer not to live with a love interest. Please know that.

i would prefer if potential lovers lived within driving distance for visits but with travels today and technology it is SO doable.

One thing i have learned lately is that the connection can be FUN.

Isn't that what love should be? (YES)

Trust me you do not want to look back one day and realize you gave up so much of YOU for a job. Your job is not who you are, its what you do.

i speak from experience.

respectfully,
dee (speaking as a femme who prefers a little distance)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #17
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
To Dapper and Chad,

there are a lot of femmes like me who prefer not to live with a love interest. Please know that.

i would prefer if potential lovers lived within driving distance for visits but with travels today and technology it is SO doable.

One thing i have learned lately is that the connection can be FUN.

Isn't that what love should be? (YES)

Trust me you do not want to look back one day and realize you gave up so much of YOU for a job. Your job is not who you are, its what you do.

i speak from experience.

respectfully,
dee (speaking as a femme who prefers a little distance)
Hi Dee,

I do worry about looking back from my old age and being disappointed that I did not live more for me.

I never worry that I gave my all for the environment.

Thanks for the femme point of view.
Chad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:28 PM   #18
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
ocean, i'd rather be dessert j/s lol...but when your lover is tired or vexed...we femmes (meaning me, at least) take note and quietly try to make things as comfortable as possible...low key dinner w/soft music, then if he needs space float into my own private space...plan a nice Friday or Saturday...with no agenda...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #19
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Haha ocean, when/if I get a spouse I will suggest this.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #20
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

"the best thing to hold onto in life is each other"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: