Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
"the best thing to hold onto in life is each other"
this is the basis for a living a happy poly family 24/7 long distance lifestyle.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #22
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,721 Times in 5,080 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

DB and TF, please no posting about or to each other. Thank you.

Jennifer / mod hat

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #23
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Different strokes and different perceptions.

1) I agree that I am not my job. It is what a I do and do very well. When I am in session with a client and I make an observation that really resonates with a client and it opens up a previously shut-down person; I feel so fortunate to do what I do.

2) I like living with a lover or partner. I am a nester. In the 5 love languages, acts of service is my #1. I don't like to do much of anything because it is expected or demanded but I love to do it from my heart I love my partner finding that I did or accomplished something that I knew she would love it just makes me feel so good inside!

My iPad is screwy again every update messes it up more right now no punctuation or numbers are working oh brother sorry for this run on sentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

there are a lot of femmes like me who prefer not to live with a love interest. Please know that.

i would prefer if potential lovers lived within driving distance for visits but with travels today and technology it is SO doable.

One thing i have learned lately is that the connection can be FUN.

Isn't that what love should be? (YES)

Trust me you do not want to look back one day and realize you gave up so much of YOU for a job. Your job is not who you are, its what you do.

i speak from experience.

respectfully,
dee (speaking as a femme who prefers a little distance)

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #24
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
this is the basis for a living a happy poly family 24/7 long distance lifestyle.
I agree...poly families can be amazing and beautiful
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I agree...poly families can be amazing and beautiful
Sure can! But It can be lots of work, especially for the HoH but if the result is Happy People it is worth it. ....

Making it work means everyone needs to be honest and my truth is i love my poly wiring.

Making it work 24/7 means you dont judge others in your fold for having emotions you just try to help them get through it with love and support
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #26
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I was reading one of the leather threads and thought this would be great to share what works for your long distance relationship/relationship/partnership/marriage? You don' t necessarily have to be "in" a relationship at the moment ,to have something interesting to say-We have a lifetime of experience. What works for you? or What have you found doesn't?
Connecting... sometimes the distance can see far.. sometimes it doesn't. i like to know i can reach out when it does seem far and i can connect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #27
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Connecting... sometimes the distance can see far.. sometimes it doesn't. i like to know i can reach out when it does seem far and i can connect.

connection is more important then sex...and sex (is part of the whole) for me...the two are very connected at this point in my life..i think that is something the universe wanted me to understand...........it's even better this way, (then I imagined)...it took me a while but there now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #28
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

Communication, honesty and the ability to compromise are things I feel are a must. Forgiveness and hope are helpful also
Old 07-26-2017, 04:10 AM   #29
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelessromantic69 View Post
Communication, honesty and the ability to compromise are things I feel are a must. Forgiveness and hope are helpful also
hope yes but when all hope is gone its time to move on...

i will compromise but i won't lose myself in the process..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 07:00 AM   #30
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

Trust, no expectations to give more then you have or take more then you can't give, patience, tolerance, honesty, time & respect for each others boundaries & personal spaces, be on the same page together, communication, acceptance....
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #31
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Honesty,trust,flexability,respect,and remembering always why you love each other in the first place.. ability to give space when needed and never going to bed without a kiss ad hug ..
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #32
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Default Please & Thank you

I know it sounds like a given-but when you become a couple and the wild ride of court ship fades into a pleasant memory...if saying please and thank you isn't second nature, it's important to make it a part of your everyday consciousness-Letting our spouse/significant other know we appreciate the smallest thoughtful thing he or she does for us is important-It's easy to take for granted they know how grateful we are for their thoughtfulness but.......................even if they are--> say it anyway! It makes them feel good to have it verbalized. Try it! and you will see a smile. I guarantee it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #33
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Let me start off by saying that I don't have a great track record with LDR's. Despite that, I think I've figured out a few things that work for me.

1) Being mindful. Focusing on the present without trying to analyze or judge my thoughts and feelings is a new concept for me. My previous relationships were focused on an end game...living together, marriage or some other formal commitment.

2) Being present. Engagement in my partner's activities helps me feel more connected. Just because we are thousands of miles apart doesn't mean I don't want to know how her day at work went or what she had for dinner. We spend more time on FaceTime than I nave spent with people I date in real-time.

3) Being committed - making plans for the next visit is really important to me. We don't have to focus on the separation if we know when we will be together again. This step also includes making sure she knows I am committed to her. She has to be treated as a priority.

4) Being open. This includes being honest about the hardships. Separation is difficult, more at some times than others. I can talk about it (or hear about it) without wallowing in self pity over the situation.

I'm having a 'moment' and can't remember what else I was going to say. I'll be back if there are any epiphanies.

Last edited by Mel C.; 09-07-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 03:55 AM   #34
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

using a ton of ways to tell each other you are thinking of them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #35
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

It takes (20) positive comments to undo (1) negative one-So make the effort even if you are not normally verbal to let them know you-love her new shoes, you dig his new hair cut, buzz by the office to share lunch, or text him/her "hi" ..little notes in his coat pocket (that he will find at some point) letting him know how amazing he is-and most of all-be sincere!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #36
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
your spouse should show up w/ lunch and her as a snack ~

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #37
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thumbs up

if you seek to improve your relationship work on yourself first