Old 07-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation
Default Butch picture thread ..

I am surprised there is no butch picture thread.
Ya know pictures of the butches who write on here. It really would save working through galleries to see who your talking to ?

Sorta like faces in one thread ?

Or is there one already I haven't seen ?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I am surprised there is no butch picture thread.
Ya know pictures of the butches who write on here. It really would save working through galleries to see who your talking to ?

Sorta like faces in one thread ?

Or is there one already I haven't seen ?

I'd be happy with a member photo thread, if you don't want to limit it to just butches. I always feel like a chump clicking on the gallery link and coming up empty handed (or would that be empty eyed?).
Old 07-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Why don't we just do away with the gallery and post all our pictures in one place?

Oh wait...

Seriously, I don't see how this would be easier than clicking on the convenient profile link to the left there. It's easier to look through the galleries than to scroll through 15 pages of a thread.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
Why don't we just do away with the gallery and post all our pictures in one place?

Oh wait...

Seriously, I don't see how this would be easier than clicking on the convenient profile link to the left there. It's easier to look through the galleries than to scroll through 15 pages of a thread.

I guess I thought it would be fun because some people don't know how to upload photos to their gallery and/or haven't. Don't be crotchety, some of us only have enough space for two measly photos.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Um how do you put a pic here? I will do it Not that you cant just look on the left hand side and see my ugly mug LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
I guess I thought it would be fun because some people don't know how to upload photos to their gallery and/or haven't. Don't be crotchety, some of us only have enough space for two measly photos.
I think two photos, or really one, is sufficient for the purpose of knowing "the butches who write on here" (and femmes). Also, I think it's actually easier to upload a picture to the gallery than in a thread, which requires saving your photo to an external hosting service, then pasting in the proper link, as opposed to clicking the button that says "upload photo." (Or whatever handy thing it actually says). Having said that, I shamelessly post photos of my awesome dog all over the site, but it's still easier to go to my gallery to find one.

And I will be crotchety. Don't deny me.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Quote:
I think two photos, or really one, is sufficient for the purpose of knowing "the butches who write on here" (and femmes). Also, I think it's actually easier to upload a picture to the gallery than in a thread, which requires saving your photo to an external hosting service, then pasting in the proper link, as opposed to clicking the button that says "upload photo." (Or whatever handy thing it actually says). Having said that, I shamelessly post photos of my awesome dog all over the site, but it's still easier to go to my gallery to find one.

And I will be crotchety. Don't deny me.

lol, your crankiness is thoroughly entertaining and i promise i would not have been satisfied with anything less. I can't help it, I enjoy agitating you.

now show me your pictures!!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

now show me your pictures!!
Knows exactly how to find Andy's pictures!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
Um how do you put a pic here? I will do it Not that you cant just look on the left hand side and see my ugly mug LOL
Mr. Bent said it most succinctly: upload your photos to an exterior hosting site (like photobucket or flickr or something) and then use the yellow box with the mountain in it button (above text box) to paste the URL of your uploaded photo.

it's really a pain in the ovaries, but I'm used to it.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I've always been stubborn about the off=site photo sites. I can't be bothered.

the upload to the gallery was easy

however, i guess i would like to be able to put images in here.

why can't i just "browse"???

why is it that it can be done with browse in the gallery but out here it takes a host site?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Default One good turn...

Quote:
lol, your crankiness is thoroughly entertaining and i promise i would not have been satisfied with anything less. I can't help it, I enjoy agitating you.
Oh, that's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
Knows exactly how to find Andy's pictures!

She's sort of shameless, so that's not particularly challenging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post

why is it that it can be done with browse in the gallery but out here it takes a host site?

Stop being difficult!

Why can't people just love and accept the gallery as it is?!

- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 07-14-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: sheesh
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #12
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

[IMG][/IMG]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

My photo is to the left under my name and in the gallery. Just click on the link. Good lord.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Well I just did it for the fun of it.... Great thread why not?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Because I enjoy being difficult, and irritating Mr. Bent (and Hack?) is something I'm finding myself rather talented at...

This one didn't fit in my gallery:

Last edited by ScandalAndy; 07-14-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Edited for the purposes of putting up a smartass picture instead of an actual picture
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScandalAndy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
My photo is to the left under my name and in the gallery. Just click on the link. Good lord.
All that clicking.

SO exhausting.

I need a nap.

- H. L. Mencken
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Quote:
All that clicking.

SO exhausting.

I need a nap.

i'm exhausted just reading about it!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #18
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I thought the reason we did not have a photo thread is because admin once told us that they prefer that we did not. Daywalker (I think) already had the idea for a photo thread once before. Admin gave us reasons why it was not a good idea. I think something to do with bandwidth or one of those technical term thingys. I don't see a problem with clicking under someone's name either. Then again, sometimes I'm a bit crotchety myself. lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #19
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

(Did that make any sense? I'm so tired I can't even see correctly...)
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Default slip stitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I thought the reason we did not have a photo thread is because admin once told us that they prefer that we did not. Daywalker (I think) already had the idea for a photo thread once before. Admin gave us reasons why it was not a good idea. I think something to do with bandwidth or one of those technical term thingys. I don't see a problem with clicking under someone's name either. Then again, sometimes I'm a bit crotchety myself. lol
Yes, I think that was it.

And paying for a membership effectively means you help pay for the bandwidth all those photos use up.

- H. L. Mencken
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread