Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I said we all need love, because whether we deserve it depends on the individual. Clearly not everyone deserves love, because some people don't behave in lovable ways. If they do behave well but never find love, then whose fault is it that they didn't get what they deserved? God's fault? Society's fault? There's no point in walking around thinking we didn't get what we deserved.

It's one thing to say that love is a need. It makes little sense to say that love is something we 'deserve.' We don't always get our needs met in life and sometimes we have make up for that in other ways.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:40 AM   #82
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
I said we all need love, because whether we deserve it depends on the individual. Clearly not everyone deserves love, because some people don't behave in lovable ways. If they do behave well but never find love, then whose fault is it that they didn't get what they deserved? God's fault? Society's fault? There's no point in walking around thinking we didn't get what we deserved.

It's one thing to say that love is a need. It makes little sense to say that love is something we 'deserve.' We don't always get our needs met in life and sometimes we have make up for that in other ways.
"little sense to say that love is something we deserve" hmm well that is an interesting point of view, however, there are all kinds of love in this world, romantic love is only one kind..
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2016, 02:23 AM   #83
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
"little sense to say that love is something we deserve" hmm well that is an interesting point of view, however, there are all kinds of love in this world, romantic love is only one kind..
True. I was just thinking the same thing. Some people are aromantic and don't even want romantic love.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #84
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
True. I was just thinking the same thing. Some people are aromantic and don't even want romantic love.
yes! very true...I have two sisters. Each have decided to be celibate and have been for more then 10 years and yet they have lives which are rich in all kinds of love..they are happy and there is no lack..they are awesome
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #85
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I know asexually who are sexually celibate but still have romantic relationships.

There are people who desire sexual love but not romantic.

The ancient Greeks had six different words for different types of love, some of which I think some people based on their cultural/religious background wild not consider love at all, but I think it would be better to be more specific about the kind of love one desires as we all express and want different kinds of love. In my opinion, we for us far too much on one kind "Eros" as being the kind of partnership love to have with others outside of non-sexual love.

We seperate them. Put them in piles. No sex with friends, that's wrong, for example.

It's amazing how much I have to say about things when I'm studying for board exams...
Back to work...
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #86
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default It only happens once..twice

I never had a problem with butch on butch love,to each his and her own.My problem has always been being in love,i just like being in love..and then i'd get bored and leave.I always wanted new things(bad habit back in the day) that included a new love interest every weekend or at least once a month..way off topic here.

I'm heavy into voyeurism,so even though I don't participate in some things,doesn't mean I don't find it sexy.. again off topic.

There are different kinds of love,i know that.What i'm trying to say is I don't have a problem with it.

If you ever find yourself falling in love,fall hard!

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 01:32 AM   #87
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I still don't see anything wrong with it, its love, go with it!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote