Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

Ooooh and have also discovered there is another event - a High Femme Tea at 1pm on the same day (Nov 14th). Wow!
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #82
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivia View Post
Ooooh and have also discovered there is another event - a High Femme Tea at 1pm on the same day (Nov 14th). Wow!
I may be late. The bus from New Brunswick doesn't get there until the spring thaw.
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #83
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

Oh dear... lol Well yeah that *IS* a bit far to go...
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #84
Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

I was writing a letter to some family I have in England and thought I might share an extract with you...

Hello folks
Its cold here- but I think I’m adapting because I am beginning to assume that a “minus” is at the beginning of any number I’m told when I ask what the temperature is.

I shovelled my first driveway! And I have to say I did an excellent job- though after, I did immediately go and price an electric snow blower. Did you know that Canadians carry bags of kitty litter in their car – which they throw in front of the tires to help get traction when stuck in a snow bank? (a little bit of trivia for you- just in case you are ever asked).

Canadians are funny people- I had no idea but apparently they invented everything:

• The Walkie-Talkie
• The television camera
• Standard time
• The BlackBerry
• The Pager
• The Telephone
• The hydrofoil boat
• The electric streetcar
• The snowmobile
• The Electric wheelchair
• The snow blower
• The foghorn
• The gas mask
• SONAR
• Table hockey games
• Basketball
• IMAX .
• Five pin bowling
• Ice hockey
• Insulin
• Peanut butter
• The candy bar
• Easy-Off Oven Cleaner
• The garbage bag
• The paint roller
• The Robertson screwdriver

See what happens when you live somewhere that gets snowed in. They remind me of Australians a little- nothing seems to perturb them, they don’t get over excited about much except hockey… everything is about hockey, they are like the English with their soccer, but a little more extreme- you have no idea how many Christmas decorations I found with hockey themes. Its odd, seeing as they share a continent with the USA- Americans are so hmmm emotional- and over the top about everything, and a Canadian, living 15 minutes away- just kinda shrugs at the same thing the Americans would call in emergency services and news crews for.

Canadians love nature, everyone goes camping and hiking. I’ve decided that if the world was flattened by some disaster, that you should have a Canadian with you. They know about weather and surviving in the wilds. Did you know that there are things called “bear bells”? I’m not sure what you are suppose to do with them, but apparently they keep you from being eaten by a bear- maybe bears don’t like music, I must find out.

I was told that there was bear spray- though I was mistaken in thinking that you spray it on yourself to keep bears away, like mosquito spray, in fact you are suppose to spray it at the bear when he is coming for you. My thoughts are that if he is close enough to spray, I don’t care what he smells like.

There is a local coffee chain called “Tim Hortons’- know as “Timmies” to the locals- Canadians think of Timmies as family. I’m trying to think of a comparison in England- but the only thing I can come up with is the Queen Mother. The thing is- the coffee is absolutely horrible, and I’ve discovered that for a nation of very tolerant people- they can get quite upset if you say anything negative about Timmies… it’s a lesson I had to learn the hardway.

There is a food thing too. It’s called poutine. Poutine is chips served with this nasty cheese curd and gravy over the top. Also another lesson learned- don’t spit out poutine and grab your throat while you gasp for water to wash away the taste. Other than these couple of foibles I seem to be settling in well.

We went to a Christmas tree farm and despite (my babygrrls) protests for a larger tree, we came home with a 9ft noble fir (please note my newly acquired knowledge of fauna and flora) tied to the top of the car. I also climbed up a ladder and in the dark and freezing rain, hung Christmas lights on the roof- now if I hadn’t become acclimatized, I might have waited till the weather was fit for warm blooded homo sapiens before putting up the lights- however, as a Canadian I know that only a sissy would wait and that “a spot of rain never hurt anybody” ( I’m guessing they aren’t familiar with the Noah and ark story – I mention this only because while on the roof I was keeping an eye out for animals walking by two by two- just in case).

I love this place. I don’t remember ever being this happy. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Signing off now ( I have to go and smash the ice in the dogs water bowl- apparently they want liquid. Sissy dogs!)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #85
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

alllooo Canucks!

New Brunswick here, brrrr...

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #86
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

whew it's cold in Ontario!

makes the hot tub and snuggling way more interesting!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #87
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
whew it's cold in Ontario!

makes the hot tub and snuggling way more interesting!!
<---- jealous of the hot tub Dee! *laughs*

Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #88
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
<---- jealous of the hot tub Dee! *laughs*
lol we have great times in there! It's hard to get out of it when it's so nice and warm!

3 dykes in a hot tub =Dyke Soup!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #89
aurora

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

aurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputationaurora Has the BEST Reputation

mmmmm it is very cold outside but life between the roaring fire and the bubbling hot tub is sooooooo very good! It just don't get much better den dis! EH? oh and good yummy stuff too.

Well...OK...maybe to have people check out my book Jasmine's Choice by Aurora Dominiqua in the site bookstore.
aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #90
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
lol we have great times in there! It's hard to get out of it when it's so nice and warm!

3 dykes in a hot tub =Dyke Soup!
LOL @ dyke soup Dee!

and Aurora, yer right, with this cold it couldn't get much better than that!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #91
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

allooo Canucks!

it's friggin brrr here in New Brunswick today, definitely the coldest winter we've had this winter, and i shouldn't complain because we've really had a pretty mild winter this time around.. but , om'garsh i hate the cold LOL..

*shivers*

< ---- contemplating hot cocoa for this evening!
Hope those of you dealing with cold temperatures are finding ways to keep warm!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #92
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gay Games 2011 is in Vancouver!!!

I just heard that the Gay Games 2011 is here this year! So, all of you who would like to play tour guide, meet tourists, and be awarded Miss Congeniality of the gay sect, check it out! I will post more info as I get it. I can still remember line dancing on the stage of BC Place at the Games here in 1990.

Hooray!!!!
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #93
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

What?!? No hockey thread?!!!

Way to go Vancouver and hopefully Montreal will beat the big bad Bruins!
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #94
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

Oh noooooo! The Habs are eliminated!!!!!

I hope that the Flyers are going to "take care" of the Big Bad Bruins... Am I vindicative? Hmmm, maybe...

Go Flyers Go!!!
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #95
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

<<< sad for my HABS =(

& Softhearted, there is a hockey thread indeed.. erm, i'm subscribed to it, but hasn't been any posting in it.. i'm not sure which section of the forum it's in, i can't recall LOL..

but it's around, here....someplace!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #96
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I was sad that the Habs lost but now I'm rooting even more for the Canucks :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #97
Spanky

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, grrly, lipstick and heels all the way except when i'm not
Preferred Pronoun?:
the usual

Spanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST ReputationSpanky Has the BEST Reputation
Default Revival

*comes in and looks around*

hello? another prairie girl here... everyone back from their camping trips and summers at the cabin? had a little snow here on the ground this morning... if winter's coming i hope it comes fast! time to get out the cross country skis and head out to the woods.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky For This Useful Post: