Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation
Default Missing Plugins for Chat

All of a sudden I can't get into chat. I keep getting a message saying that, "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page."
I download the plugin and still no success. I restarted my computer and nothing. Downloaded again, and nothing. Help?
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

bumping this thread, hoping someone who can help me sees it
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanks Jack

I uninstalled anything I had associated with Java and then reinstalled, still wasn't successful.
Uninstalled again and again reinstalled. And finally it works.

Thank you!

As a coffee addict I'm so disappointed that anything named Java would treat me this cruelly. lol I'm going back to motorcycles. Something I understand. lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

so... how do you uninstall old java script? apparently hitting the "uninstall" button is not enough. It always stops at "this action has been interrupted please try again later" and it claims to be a corrupt file.
MarquisdeShey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
SmittenKitten

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

SmittenKitten is on a distinguished road

I can't access chat at all - it opens a new window, but the window hangs as a blank window. No comment about missing plug-in, java, etc. BUT is also states 0 people in chat. Perhaps it's an issue with the chat function?

Does anyone know? I will try making certain I have the most up to date Java, etc. Thanks in advance!!!!
SmittenKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes Java installs well on one browser but not the other. It may be worthwhile to try a different browser as that sometimes resolves the issue.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #7
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisdeShey View Post
so... how do you uninstall old java script? apparently hitting the "uninstall" button is not enough. It always stops at "this action has been interrupted please try again later" and it claims to be a corrupt file.
I went into my Control Panel and uninstalled from there. Then reinstalled
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Also, keep in mind this is not java script. It's just java. These are two different things. Javascript is a scripting language that is used for quick features on a webpage while java is a full programming language.

If it is javascript that you are trying to uninstall, that is the wrong one. This should be java or specifically the Java Runtime Environment (or JRE).

Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
rocky 781

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch domesticated daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr Hy Hym Daddy
Relationship Status:
forever a bachelor my heart belong to a special someone olny

rocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputation
Default java

I have installed uninstalled jave and I still can't get into chat HELP PLEASE
rocky 781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
rocky 781

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch domesticated daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr Hy Hym Daddy
Relationship Status:
forever a bachelor my heart belong to a special someone olny

rocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputation
Default java

I also get the plug in message
rocky 781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky 781 View Post
I also get the plug in message
Rocky, have you gone to your control panel and uninstalled?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I have this issue. Crome lets me use the old plugin so I can use chat tho.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #13
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

It appears that the list of possible avatars is no longer available, in the chatroom. Was this deliberate, or is there a screwup in the system, somewhere?
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #14
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

When the chatroom auto-renewed, it renewed at a lower package than what we had last year and that lower package does not include avatars.

I have opened a ticket with the company to get this corrected.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 AM   #15
FtMGuy

How Do You Identify?:
FtM Daddy type
Preferred Pronoun?:
He him
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Moved 21feb2012 from the UK back to the USA, Living in Lincoln NE
FtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

yikes!! help me, I have installed and reinstalled java 2X's ,I could get into chat yeterday but not in the floating chat now only the floating chat window appears but does not open, its just a empty box nothing happens any ideas? greatly appreciated
FtMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FtMGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #16
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMGuy View Post
yikes!! help me, I have installed and reinstalled java 2X's ,I could get into chat yeterday but not in the floating chat now only the floating chat window appears but does not open, its just a empty box nothing happens any ideas? greatly appreciated
Guy, try just the regular chat.. not floating..maybe?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #17
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky 781 View Post
I have installed uninstalled jave and I still can't get into chat HELP PLEASE
Rocky,.. try the regular chat, not floating.. Hope this helps you..
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #18
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMGuy View Post
Guy, if you right click somewhere on the page and hit refresh, it should get you in. It also maybe that you aren't waiting long enough for the chat page to load (I found that a bit last night if I waited an extra 10-20 seconds it would appear).

Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
FtMGuy

How Do You Identify?:
FtM Daddy type
Preferred Pronoun?:
He him
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Moved 21feb2012 from the UK back to the USA, Living in Lincoln NE
FtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

just last night this happened but there is no options anymore on my site, just to click on chat no pull down for chat at all no options to see who is chatting or to float or use the same windo, just click on the link and it brings up the floating chat but no access, I left the floating window open for 10 mins +
FtMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #20
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Can you log out, clear all cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, can you try a different browser?

Tags
chat plugins