Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Love is caring enough to hash it out or even fight about it and being sure to fight fair in the process.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #42
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

...twirling my hair in bed to help me fall asleep.
...painting my toenails for me.
...that even though it scares you, you are willing to let those walls down and be more vulnerable and less stoic.
...accepting me and all my quirks.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #43
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Love is

...leaving the bed so your tossing and turning does not disturb ner
...being able to admit you're wrong and apologize
...sometimes doing things you dont feel like doing bc you know how much she wants to
...never going to bed without saying i love you
...knowing when to just be quiet
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #44
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

a banana popsicle, X 2.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #45
300GT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wild Monkey
Relationship Status:
Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?

Location: Banned 12/27/2012 - Former banned member came back under new name
300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation

love is..

her loving me, even when i fall completely asleep while talking every night
300GT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 300GT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #46
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Love is providing a wakeup call five hours before you need to be awakened yourself.

Love is not being cranky when Someone awakens you, even when you want to slowly dismember them.

Love is in deeds, rather than intent or empty promises.

Love is in, "Good morning," and, "Good night."

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 05:08 AM   #47
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Supportive
Positive
Healing
Refreshing
Encouraging
Empowering
Powerful
even if it's all about love for one's self and building one's healthy inner-self
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 AM   #48
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Love is what you would never throw away.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #49
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

Love is carrying her purse even though I look silly.
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bootboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #50
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love is...

my wife...

that is all (for me anyway)

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #51
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable View Post
My grandparents are 82. They have been married 62 years. Earlier this month my grandmother fell and broke her hip. My grandfather has a really bad heart - when I say really bad, it functions around 20% and he can barely walk.

On Friday she came from the hospital. She was really struggling. She is frail anyway, trying to walk with even a walker is so difficult. While she was in the hospital he had a ramp built for a wheelchair. As we pulled into the driveway, there he stood at the end of that ramp with a wheelchair. I almost lost it. It was everything I could do not to cry.

Without each other, they honestly have nothing.

Last night Nick and I had to take her to back to hospital. The doctors say she may not make it through the night. Apparently she developed an infection in her intestines and it took over her body. She survived emergency surgery today, against the odds but she is so weak from her hip surgery earlier this month that they just don't think she'll make it through this.

She's on a ventilator now, with all kinds of tubes and IVs. They let my grandfather in to see her, and when he came out I could tell he had been crying. What do you do? To actually be one with someone takes time. It's years of sharing life. It's making it through so many things over time again and again.

Then there comes the end. When you have overcome every hurdle and been through so many things together, but you just can't get over this last one. Your entire life has been spent with someone who was the someone it was all for - all the work, the sleepless nights, the good, the bad, the great, the vacations, the kids, the grandkids - all of IT. That person to live with, love, bitch, laugh, cry and hope. In the blink of an eye - or in one weekend - you can watch it just slip away.

My heart aches tonight for them.
As an update: They just took my grandmother of the ventilator and SHE IS BREATHING ON HER OWN!!!!!! Even the doctor can't believe it. I'm not sure what will happen but it gives us hope.

I think of all the bad things that have happened this month - the fear at least has been put into me - and I reached out to my own daughter who I haven't spoken to in a couple of months. The 'why' just seems so irrelevant in the bigger picture when you realize how fast it can all be over.

I almost reached out to her when I was reading Mike's posts on here. I cried reading that thread. And, when I looked through her pictures on FB, I saw the pictures of Kristin's kids that are close to my girls in age, I just thought god, those poor babies. It made me want my own babies closer. None of us are promised tomorrow and none of us are getting out alive. My goal today is to love with all I have and forget the bs of yesterday the best I can.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. And I'd like to send a special thank you to Mike for sharing something in here & on FB that was so tragic & personal. I'm sure it helped lots of people. But it touched my heart greatly and put things in perspective for me at a time when I really needed it.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #52
300GT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wild Monkey
Relationship Status:

300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation300GT Has the BEST Reputation

love is..

when her emotional hormones kick in, im still here waiting
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 300GT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #53
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Meatballs rolled up with love.

For the Crows.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #54
300GT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wild Monkey
Relationship Status:

love is..

setting a date
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 300GT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #55
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Love is....

Yep, love just "is".
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #56
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Love is cooking in the kitchen together knowing there is no place else you would rather be
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #57
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

...Eating ice cream naked in bed together...singing show tunes at 2 am...lol
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #58
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Love is Her making a fire after a hard day of work so we could enjoy some fireside time, along with cookies and marshmallows !
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #59
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Love is.... after giving a sweet tiny frail old dog his summer time hair cut and a MUCH needed bubble bath.... how he looks at me, cuddles with me and how he relaxes in my arms as he falls asleep in his towel, while sticking his little tongue out because he doesn't have any teeth left. He still adores his Momma Bear after all that trauma.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #60
Nurse Darlin

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-agressive at times
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/babygirl
Relationship Status:
Never been more in love with my Sugarbear!

Nurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST Reputation

Love is taking my girl to the doctor and holding her hand when it hurts.
Nurse Darlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nurse Darlin For This Useful Post: