Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 02-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #61
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Well, this is a tad embarrassing.

After a dozen years in BF space, I have never started a thread from scratch and I realized I don't know how.

I would like to get it right. Any tips? Or maybe a link to where I find out?
Go to Forums on the front page, under site Navigation.
Choose a topic area to make your thread.
Hit New Thread on the left Blue button.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #62
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Go to Forums on the front page, under site Navigation.
Choose a topic area to make your thread.
Hit New Thread on the left Blue button.
Cool, it worked!

Thank you

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #63
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Parker, thank you so much for your help. I was able to do the linky loo rename on first try. It worked Great on the short cut version. Thanks so much for your help and everyone who contributes to this thread, it's awesome and I am glad it's here. I actually have put this thread in my book marks.
Whoo hoooo

Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #64
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I'm sorry, it didnt occur to me that those who are color blind would not see the difference between the 2 lines I discussed above ....

So, erase the "http://youtu.be/" portion of the link and keep the "ZCFCeJTEzNU" portion in between your youtube tags.

Parker, I can't get youtube to work for me. I don't know what's the matter. I am trying to post a pink video in the what are you listening to thread and it's just not working at all. I've tried everything you guys have posted here step by step and it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know what to do about it. hmmmm.

And this one here only gives a link, not showing the video:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMnbFq8vpZs&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BbzUdantDrA7mzbZkG5uHw"]Travis Garland - F***in Perfect (Remix) - Pink - YouTube[/nomedia]
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #65
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post

Parker, I can't get youtube to work for me. I don't know what's the matter. I am trying to post a pink video in the what are you listening to thread and it's just not working at all. I've tried everything you guys have posted here step by step and it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know what to do about it. hmmmm.

And this one here only gives a link, not showing the video:
Travis Garland - F***in Perfect (Remix) - Pink - YouTube
There are a couple of ways to go about this but most are about the same in terms of difficulty.

This is what I do:

I find my video and copy the link and put it in the post I want it to be in. Then, I select all the text from the beginning http to the = sign and delete it. If a link has &feature after the url, you can delete that too. Take what's left and select it then click the youtube button at the top right of the post. It will put youtube and /youtube in brackets on either side. Preview it to make sure it's good to go and then submit.

For your link, your url would be uMnbFq8vpZs. With the brackets, it would look like [youtube] uMnbFq8vpZs [\youtube] but without the spaces. Those are to show you the formatting.

Here is the finished product:

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #66
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Thank You very much Gemme, you are a Gemme too.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #67
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Thought I'd start a specific thread for people who have basic questions that we can answer for one another.

E.G. "How do I post a picture in a visitor message?"

I thought it would be nice to have a home base thread where anyone could answer anyone's questions! And new members can also be directed here for asking and answering questions. I am hoping that with time it will have all the most commonly asked questions along with the answers provided by any member who has chosen to asnwer, kind of like a FAQ resource.

So please, anyone is welcome to ask or answer a question!
Bumping this thread for those that don't know it exists. Please feel free to ask questions and find solutions to your answers within this thread.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #68
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

How do i disable the who's viewed my profile feature? I dont really want to know myself. That's their biz in my opinion.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #69
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahya View Post
How do i disable the who's viewed my profile feature? I dont really want to know myself. That's their biz in my opinion.
Are you talking about the feature that shows the Recent Visitors to your page? If so, just click on the little arrows to the top right of the Recent Visitors box so it will not show it anymore..... it makes the box scroll up and close, but still leaves the name for it and the arrows to reopen it. I hope that's what you are talking about.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #70
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Private Messaging

When I get a private message I read, reply and delete. I do this with everything, private messages, emails and texts. Clutter does not appeal to me so I tidy up as I go along.

What I want to know is, if I delete a message from my Sent Items before the other person reads it, do they still get my reply?

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #71
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
When I get a private message I read, reply and delete. I do this with everything, private messages, emails and texts. Clutter does not appeal to me so I tidy up as I go along.

What I want to know is, if I delete a message from my Sent Items before the other person reads it, do they still get my reply?

yes..........
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #72
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
yes..........
Thank you, Corkey

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #73
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

its been a few weeks, and I am unable to find the chat link again. And the one that was in the previous thread isn't working well for me. Has something new happened? Just tryin to find a door lol

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #74
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post
its been a few weeks, and I am unable to find the chat link again. And the one that was in the previous thread isn't working well for me. Has something new happened? Just tryin to find a door lol
On the home page. Far up right hand corner. Click on the box that says "chat room"

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #75
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation
Default Posting

Why is it some people can post videos and others can't?

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #76
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
Why is it some people can post videos and others can't?
All members can post video's aka youtube etc. There are toutorials on this site on how to do so.
Start here: The TOS gives terms on what is appropriate to post.
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=1019
Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #77
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Default BUMP

just bumping the thread out there again!! If anyone needs help with anything, feel free to post.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #78
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Default BUMPING BUMPING BUMPING

Anyone needs help, just post here, someone will try and help you if they can.
Have a GREAT WEEK!

Justy
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #79
~BluEydFemme~

How Do You Identify?:
Fairy-Loving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Waiting for that special Butch...

~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation~BluEydFemme~ Has the BEST Reputation

Just a question, but in the forum "Find Me A Picture Of....Game" what website do you go to in order to find a picture?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #80
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BluEydFemme~ View Post
Just a question, but in the forum "Find Me A Picture Of....Game" what website do you go to in order to find a picture?
Hi blueydfemme, I usually use google and just type in something say if they want a picture of popcorn , I type in google search the following : popcorn or whatever you want to find. I hope this helps you,

Justy