Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #3761
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

20 minutes walking up and down the stairs

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #3762
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 3...8

Yesterday 3mi walk with a chatty friend...today
8mi through a chilly morning...alone and enjoying
the silence, at least form another's voice...no weights
yesterday nor today...want 34hrs to my days...another
3mi tomorrow...with a quiet Lady...really enjoying
sharing these walks with others though it's taking me
a bit to get used to...smiling

keep on keepin' on, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #3763
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Nada!!!

Well, a little physical labor stuff but only for about 20 minutes plus a LOT of running and walking around all day.

That's nothing for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #3764
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today at PT, my walking poles were finally delivered to the PT team office. I used them for the first time today.... My PT team hasn't cleared me to use them yet to go on unsupervised walks, while outside in the 'community' (ie, to go get mail, or to go on my own to any appt outside of PT). BUT, by Friday, after a couple days of practicing with them at home, they will clear me to use them on my own.

I bicycled on the cycling machine for twenty minutes at level 6.
I used the Arm machine to increase my core strength for 10 minutes, rather than 8 minutes. I was shadow supervised while walking up and down stairs in our PT building, but I'm shakey so we will keep building my core strength to handle three flights of stairs here at home.

I have padded, fingerless cycling gloves which I will use while walking with my new walking poles, so I don't get blisters on the palms of my hands..... from now on.

All in all, I had a remarkable session at PT today!

*** OOOMPA! ***

***W O O T !!!***
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #3765
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Today at PT, my walking poles were finally delivered to the PT team office. I used them for the first time today.... My PT team hasn't cleared me to use them yet to go on unsupervised walks, while outside in the 'community' (ie, to go get mail, or to go on my own to any appt outside of PT). BUT, by Friday, after a couple days of practicing with them at home, they will clear me to use them on my own.

I bicycled on the cycling machine for twenty minutes at level 6.
I used the Arm machine to increase my core strength for 10 minutes, rather than 8 minutes. I was shadow supervised while walking up and down stairs in our PT building, but I'm shakey so we will keep building my core strength to handle three flights of stairs here at home.

I have padded, fingerless cycling gloves which I will use while walking with my new walking poles, so I don't get blisters on the palms of my hands..... from now on.

All in all, I had a remarkable session at PT today!

*** OOOMPA! ***

***W O O T !!!***
Congrats Miss Katz.........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #3766
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good workout this morning!

Stats: 287 cal, 2.03 mi, 30:00 min

I followed that up with some calf raises and stretches because I needed them and then some all over stretching.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #3767
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i worked out 140 minutes this week on the treadmill and walking up and down stairs

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #3768
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 4

Up mi for rest periods to 4mi again finally!
Runs continue at 8, 9, 7mi this week
that's the plan...today walked 4mi with
talky, fun friend...great humor...had me "rolling"
up the road...smiling

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #3769
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had a good workout this morning.

Stats: 287 cal, 2.05 mi, 30:00 min

The weird thing is that I did something different on the elliptical this morning and still wound up with the exact same calorie count as yesterday. Honestly, I did use the same level of 4 and it was set on the same random program but I actually worked differently today than yesterday.

Strange things...

I decided to do a little ab work before I stretched and then I was done.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #3770
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 4

Last of my 4mi walks today...with talkie friend...will she do the next set of 5mi
walks? Nope. So, tomorrow begins 8mi, 9, 7 runs alternating with 5mi walks alone
with the quiet of the morning again, smiling...and weights a must, but we'll
see, swimming is what my body is craving at some point this week...like a
nice long slow swim next Sunday...sounds good to me. 2019 is around the
corner.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 07:56 PM   #3771
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I haven't exercised in ages. Today I went to the gym and did 45 min at 3 mph on the treadmill, then 15 minutes of floor exercises and stretching.

Someone said, "You haven't been here in a long time right?" Wanted to say, "Beeyotch, I'm here now!" even though it was said well-intentioned. It's just not a line I enjoy hearing.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #3772
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I haven't exercised in ages. Today I went to the gym and did 45 min at 3 mph on the treadmill, then 15 minutes of floor exercises and stretching.

Someone said, "You haven't been here in a long time right?" Wanted to say, "Beeyotch, I'm here now!" even though it was said well-intentioned. It's just not a line I enjoy hearing.
Your ears are tuned to 'negative'. If you listen to it in a positive way, that means that this person noticed that you usually come a lot and that you've been busy with life and that they noticed you weren't there. Kind of like when you notice that Judith isn't there.

It means you're memorable!

Good afternoon, exercisers!

I'm still flying the endorphin high from this morning's workout. I really gave it to myself.

I have a training session tomorrow afternoon so my workout tomorrow morning will be very light. Because of that, and that it's been 5 days since I dragged myself out, I wanted to really shake things up with my body. I couldn't do weights, because that's what the training session is for and I wouldn't have enough time to rest and recoup if I did so it was cardio all the way. I can work the Hell out of myself and not be sore the next morning and that's exactly what I did.

I tend to do 20 or 25 minute elliptical workouts plus the 5 minute cool downs. I decided to go for 40 minutes at the higher level and I decided to really go for it and blast it out. Well, the thing is....I decided to do this as I was AT the gym. It would have been helpful to figure this out when I was eating my pre-workout snack because I would have beefed that up some. As it was, a banana....even a BIG banana...woohoo!....only goes so far on an empty stomach.

BUT

I gave it my all and, for a while, there was a lady next to me with the same intention so our strides matched up for about 20-25 minutes. That was nice. I really pushed and forgot not to do the reverse pedaling until near the end. That wasn't fun. For me, reverse pedaling really works my quads and kicks up the lactic acid like crazy and once that stuffs kicks in, it gets rough. It moves from the point of origin to my belly and lungs and that's not fun at all. I do not like that burn, thankyouverymuch, so I only did the one minute and a half of that.

So, I did my 40 minutes at top effect and higher speed and I just kind of wound down during the cool down. Obvs, I know that's what that time is for, but I usually push through at least the first part of it. This time, I slowed down and didn't push and just kind of coasted along. That was nice.

I know that ellipticals are off by as much as 40% but the one I was on isn't that far off, I think. I definitely burned somewhere in the mid to upper 300s, I feel.

Stats: 440 cal, 3.48 mi, 45 min

My stretch was a little shaky because I didn't fuel myself for that intense of a workout but it was relaxing and felt really good. I'm super happy with this morning's workout and feel great!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #3773
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 30 min on the stairmaster and 30 minutes of weightlifting, floor exercises, and stretching.

It was a great day out which ironically makes for a great gym day because no one is there! No one is running off with my weights or doing any of the other things that crowds bring .

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #3774
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Not that long ago I was working, walking on concrete floors 10 hours a day, plus exercising - doing PT, repetitive stair walking, even beginning to jog. But it's amazing how quickly you lose it if you don't use it. The weight stuff is going well, I'm losing pounds, making progress I'm pleased with, but the other day I found myself short of breath after only a little bit of moving around the apartment. I was forced to face the facts – even if I make goal weight all I'm going to do is wind up super saggy. I have to exercise to keep away from that “help I'm melting”, look. So I'm working on getting up and just being up and doing something more active than sitting around, being online and watching TV all day. Well I do a little more than that but not enough. So today I spent around seven hours working at a comfortable pace cleaning around the apartment. I didn't intend to stay at it that long but I ran into a home cleaning potion that unlike others I've tried actually worked. I thought wow this lady online knows her stuff. So I went around trying a bunch of her other idea, tips and helps, and actually fun doing it. I got a mini workout in and now my faucets and glasses and all sorts of things around here are looking sparkly clean. The thing is I really do clean but I didn't realize just how much cleaner my clean could actually get. Seriously old as it is my kitchen faucet now gleams like one on a television commercial, impeccable, just like grandma's used to be.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #3775
Lovely

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Lovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST ReputationLovely Has the BEST Reputation

A 30 min. morning jog and a 15 min. walk in the afternoon. I feel great!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lovely For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #3776
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym and did 50 minutes on the treadmill at 3 mph and then 10 minutes stretching.

The gym has televisions on the equipment where I can channel flip. I noticed that they got more channels, and I really went to town. It was a tour de force of channel flipping! I settled on going back and forth between Judge Judy and a true crime murder story and an Andy Cohen reunion with the Vanderpumps. Basically trash central and quite a joy.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #3777
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

No workout this morning but I did go to my training session this evening and that wound up being a good workout.

I started on their elliptical, which was calibrated better than the one I normally use at my regular gym, and now I have a better idea of what I'm burning.

So, I did about 11 minutes warming up. 63 calories burned and .86 of a mile under my belt, I jumped off and went to look for my trainer.

Found him and we proceeded to catch up while he guided me through a full body workout.

It had to be planks.

But it was good. My arms will be killing me tomorrow, no doubt.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 05:18 AM   #3778
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

My arms are not jelly.

Sweet!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #3779
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked 3 mph for an hour on the treadmill. My channel flipping got tedious once I hit 5pm. 4:30 to 5 is a good t.v. hour for someone of my tastes (talk shows, reality, trash). At 5 it becomes news and really bores me. It's like the adults get home. In any case, it was a comfortable tread.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #3780
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Spring

9mi run this morning through the desert and over
praire dog holes...experiencing Mother Nature
first hand is different than being inside the gym
and having other people around me...both
experiences have benefits for me, but as an
introvert my connection with Nature is paramount
and transcendental.

Tomorrow will be in the gym and decided to meet
my weight lifting bud...hy brings a concreteness
to the lifting that I am at times resistant to but
ultimately know the value of...strength, and tone
is also paramount for my creative as well as
professional life...think I'm rambling now so will
leave it here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights