Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 04-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #121
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
OOOOOOOHHHKAYYY - I am slowly moving back toward my mostly-vegetarian diet and am stocked up on the things that make me feel full.

I ate the last of my chicken sausage tonight for dinner and I felt kinda grossly full even though it was a small portion. I remember now how good I used to feel after my vegetarian meals a couple of years ago and am looking forward to not feeling so gross after I eat.
I can`t claim to be either Vegan or Vegetarian but I do try to make sure at least 3 main meals a week are meat free. I know what you mean, after a meat free meal I do feel full in a much healthier way and after meat its a less pleasant fullness no matter how much I have just enjoyed what I`ve eaten. Even when I am cooking meat, in stews, casseroles, chillies, curries and the like I have been using much less meat and chicken and adding more veggies and so far I have no complaints from my little crew.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #122
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

So, one thing I sometimes miss as a vegan is biting into something chewy. Like a burger. I stopped eating any vegan meat substitutes quite a while ago, so 98% of what I consume I make myself from whole foods. And I absolutely gag at the idea of eating a portabello mushroom, so mushroom burgers are out. So I found a recipe for making seitan and let me tell you, it's a game changer. I made vegan cheesesteak sandwiches with it tonight, with a sweet potato nacho cheese sauce and I was in heaven. The best!

The recipe for the seitan is:

https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/how-to-make-seitan/

To make the broth in the recipe, I did use low sodium vegetable broth and added the following:

1 tsp Better than Boullion Roasted Garlic Base
1 tsp Better than Boullion No Chicken Base
2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
pinch onion powder
pinch garlic powder
pinch pepper
pinch salt

The flavor was so good. So nice to have something to add to a recipe to give it more texture.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #123
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
So, one thing I sometimes miss as a vegan is biting into something chewy. Like a burger. I stopped eating any vegan meat substitutes quite a while ago, so 98% of what I consume I make myself from whole foods. And I absolutely gag at the idea of eating a portabello mushroom, so mushroom burgers are out. So I found a recipe for making seitan and let me tell you, it's a game changer. I made vegan cheesesteak sandwiches with it tonight, with a sweet potato nacho cheese sauce and I was in heaven. The best!

The recipe for the seitan is:

https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/how-to-make-seitan/

To make the broth in the recipe, I did use low sodium vegetable broth and added the following:

1 tsp Better than Boullion Roasted Garlic Base
1 tsp Better than Boullion No Chicken Base
2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
pinch onion powder
pinch garlic powder
pinch pepper
pinch salt

The flavor was so good. So nice to have something to add to a recipe to give it more texture.
Thank you! I've always wanted to try and make seitan. Looks really easy.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 07:16 AM   #124
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Thank you! I've always wanted to try and make seitan. Looks really easy.
Super easy. Just a word of advice. If you do make it, let it rest after kneading in a glass or metal bowl and then cut it on a ceramic plate. DO NOT do what I did and put it on a wooden cutting board to rest and cut up. It stuck like glue. It will still stick to the plate but not nearly as bad as the wooden cutting board. Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #125
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

https://simpleveganblog.com/green-goddess-bowl/
https://simpleveganblog.com/oil-free-chimichurri-sauce/

I made this yesterday and had another bowl tonight. (My last portion is tomorrow and I am already planning on making this again) So good! I do not like quinoa so I made cauliflower rice and sauteed it in a tablespoon of evoo and added a pinch of sea salt and ground pepper. I sauteed the cauliflower until it had a bit of color. And the chimichurri sauce is amazing. (I added extra cayenne since I like spicy.) I also only added a half cup of water because I like it thicker. I will say, as a thicker sauce, this can definitely be used as a dip for tortillas if you want something different. Or even a topping for vegan chili.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #126
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

So, within the past 3 weeks, I have been monitoring my caloric intake and keeping it to between 1100 and 1200 calories per day. What an eye opener to really pay attention to a true serving size, even with a plant-based diet. I also upped my daily work outs to be more strenuous. Many positive outcomes, however I started to get a lot of bruises, especially on the back of my calves. Big ugly ones. It almost looked like someone was hitting me. I did some research and realized it is an iron deficiency. I went to the local Vitamin Shoppe for a vegan iron supplement recommendation. I told the guy I definitely did not want one that would jack up my system. A woman at another store told me to take Megafood Blood Builder Mini's, and they are amazing. My bruises faded quickly and I haven't gotten any weird ones that can't be accounted for. And no constipation. Not only does it have iron, but it also is made with beets, oranges, and broccoli. One other added plus is it also contains B12, which vegans lack in their diet.

So, an FYI for anyone looking for a vegan iron supplement.

https://www.amazon.com/MegaFood-Buil...+builder+minis
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #127
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I got the bruising thing in high school when I dieted too much, but not since then.

I take 500 B12 and D2000, and it normalized my levels. They had come up low in a physical as an adult but as soon as I started the vitamins, it all worked out.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #128
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Green

Was just thinking about this thread today...my body
was yearning for nothing but my green smoothie
with blueberries, red beet tops, spinach, bananas,
wheatgrass powder, aloe vera, and chia seeds...cold
and delicious. In the Summer the green smoothie with
different colorful fruit and veggies is what my body
craves for the most part...I remember when I began
having green smoothies, and how I would post
on this site about my turning vegan.

Today's green smoothie was just really
delicious, especially after the weight
routine today at the gym.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #129
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Are you vegan, Greco?

Tonight I made a stir-fry of carrots, onions, tofu, curry, and BBQ sauce, always a favorite of mine.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #130
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

So one of the changes I recently made was I eat breakfast every morning. I had not done this daily since jr. high school. I have always read that this was suggested before working out, but I just stuck with my coffee and then would eat mid morning. With eating breakfast before I exercise, I find myself not dying by the end of my workouts or famished afterwards. The three breakfasts that I alternate through-out the week are really filling.

https://minimalistbaker.com/southwest-tofu-scramble/
With this recipe, I use Lacinato kale because it is not bitter like other types.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...do-recipe.html Sometimes I just add a couple of slices of tomato instead of avocado and sprinkle with fresh ground sea salt and pepper.
https://simpleveganblog.com/fat-free...refried-beans/
I make the refried beans for this recipe and quarter the amount. I add a touch of water when reheating since it can be dry.

https://veganhuggs.com/vegan-breakfast-sandwich/
I use chipotle mayo from Just Mayo to give this a kick. I also do not add vegan cheese. Fair warning, the black salt that is in the recipe, for those who are unaware, is to give the tofu an eggy flavor. and smells of sulfur. It is really strong. I crack the kitchen windows and the porch door when I make this so the smell doesn't linger. You can obviously skip that ingredient if it sounds off putting.

If anyone tries any of these, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #131
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default j

j. Have been since watching "Earthlings"
several years ago. Check out my green
smoothies recipes...Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Are you vegan, Greco?

Tonight I made a stir-fry of carrots, onions, tofu, curry, and BBQ sauce, always a favorite of mine.

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #132
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I made a very tasty sandwich this evening: whole wheat bread, mustard, arugala, sham (fake ham), and avocado with a pickle on the side. The avocado made all the difference. Yum!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #133
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Vegan Crab Cakes-these came out really good and the sriracha aioli is so flavorful.

https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/veg...riracha-aioli/

I baked these rather than cook in oil.
The Following User Says Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 04:56 AM   #134
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

I made this last night and it was good, fast and easy. It is vegan chorizo, (Definitely not gluten-free though)

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...rumbles-450153

Next time I make it I think I will use it in a taco salad. I make my own taco shells by coating the underside of a cupcake pan with a thin layer of canola oil, nestle the shell in between cups and cook at 375 and for about 15 minutes. (more or less depending on how browned you like your shell)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 05:16 AM   #135
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I never liked meat. Even as a small child I knew I did not like the stuff. Fortunately for me, my parents did not force me to eat it. My dad was a farmer (he grew mostly grains for cattle feed) but started growing me all kinds of vegetables. So I was a vegetarian long before there was such a thing. In the last 20 years or so, I started to eat chicken breast. (occasionally)

However, I still have heart disease and crazy high cholesterol. Obviously it's not my fault and most likely genetic but it is what it is. Through the years, I have been on the DASH diets and the Mediterranean eating plans minus most of the meats. Both were good, healthy ways of eating but not good enough. Cholesterol is STILL not under 200 despite having to take statins.

SO..............

I'm embarking on the plant based eating plan. It's not a huge change from vegetarian eating. It allows you to have 10% of your diet be eggs/chicken/seafood. The biggest eye opener for me was the ZERO OIL concept. Mediterranean was big on the "healthy oils".

Anyone else eating a plant based diet? I'm only a month into this so I'd love to hear from others....

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #136
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
I never liked meat. Even as a small child I knew I did not like the stuff. Fortunately for me, my parents did not force me to eat it. My dad was a farmer (he grew mostly grains for cattle feed) but started growing me all kinds of vegetables. So I was a vegetarian long before there was such a thing. In the last 20 years or so, I started to eat chicken breast. (occasionally)

However, I still have heart disease and crazy high cholesterol. Obviously it's not my fault and most likely genetic but it is what it is. Through the years, I have been on the DASH diets and the Mediterranean eating plans minus most of the meats. Both were good, healthy ways of eating but not good enough. Cholesterol is STILL not under 200 despite having to take statins.

SO..............

I'm embarking on the plant based eating plan. It's not a huge change from vegetarian eating. It allows you to have 10% of your diet be eggs/chicken/seafood. The biggest eye opener for me was the ZERO OIL concept. Mediterranean was big on the "healthy oils".

Anyone else eating a plant based diet? I'm only a month into this so I'd love to hear from others....
I'm new to the plant based diet too, but I'm not sure about use of oils. I use one of three types of oils (evoo, coconut, or grape seed oil's), but I use them sparingly.

I mostly use oil in food prep for veggie stir fry or when I make batches of homemade dressing, Dominique.

If you or anyone posts tips or ideas, I'll be reading and learning too.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #137
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
snip
If you or anyone posts tips or ideas, I'll be reading and learning too.
We learn from one another! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #138
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default ratatouille on the stove :)

This is the second time I have made this. You can keep it several days....(so make a lot) you can eat it hot, cold, or on some toasted bread.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #139
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default green quinoa tabbouleh

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/26...d=cardslot%201

I made this early this morning. I used only one tablespoon of EVOO. It is really good.

Totally loved the "dressing" as he called it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2018, 08:02 AM   #140
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

I made the cheese from this recipe and it is really good. Since I don't eat pasta I have used this on spaghetti squash and different spiralized noodles, like zucchini, butternut squash and sweet potato. The only thing I changed was I omitted the agave nectar as when I made it the first time I found it too sweet. And I am also much more generous with the nutritional yeast as I love the flavor. It makes a lot, so either half the recipe or plan to eat it for a while. A little cheese goes a long way over the "noodles".

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/plant-...an-mac-n-yeast

I am making this tonight, and am going to use lettuce as my wrap instead of pita or naan. Vegan gyro with tzatziki sauce.

https://delightfuldeliciousdelovelyb...zatziki-sauce/

Lastly, Tumeric chickpeas with garlic tahini is such a good meal. Light, flavorful and easy. The time consuming part (but not labor intensive) is making the tumeric chickpeas. But once they are made, you have plenty of chickpeas for this and any other recipe you want to use them for.

https://www.101cookbooks.com/archive...mericgartahini
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: