Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 01-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #41
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Today's Women's March on Washington is streaming online at C-SPAN and on the ABC News channel on YouTube.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #42
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

NBC News is also streaming it.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #43
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

There is a march in Indy but I sprain my ankle going down the basement stairs so it's a no go however, I am thinking of running for office here, but I don't know if I can. I have to see what is available and if I am eligible to run.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Our march/rally was great! Even Hillary came!

https://shop.fctry.com/products/hill...FU1LDQodEKcFAg

'Course I had to share her with the 3 toddlers I was marching with, but that's ok! She even got into a few pics!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #45
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Here in the windy city, the march was cancelled due to an overabundance of enthusiastic protesters!

The CTA, Metra all booked. Uber , Lyft unable to keep up.

trumplethinskin already tweeted about CNN reporting more folks in DC than were at the inauguration yesterday. He, of course is stating they are ALL LIARS and FAKE NEWS! What a fuggin' baby. I suppose MSNBC and the AP are all wrong. Photos don't lie.

Chicago 10:30

D.C. 59 minutes ago.

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #46
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Live streaming link of LA March below. It is massive:

http://ktla.com/2017/01/21/thousands...rshing-square/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #47
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Just curious...

Is Michael Moore always that pumped up? It felt like Ashley Judd jumped in for a reason.

I loved America Ferraro 's (sp?) speech. She has a great presence and energy. She should consider politics.

That's one thing that rang true from Moore's speech. We need more individuals in office that come from a non political background. We need to be the change we want to see in the world and in our country. I'm going to ponder on that.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #48
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe the organizers thought he was wandering, repeating himself, narcissistically going on about himself , chewing the scenery, forgetting it was a Women's March, and monopolizing the mic.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #49
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I did not wind up going to LA but we had a local one in Santa Ana, picture above.

I don't know final number count but I read there are at least 20,000 to 30,000 people.

Reminded me of the "old days" of the women's movement. Feels like a new day now.

Daughter/GD did go to LA. Still there, said it is just unbelievably awesome.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 03:31 PM   #50
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Sorry for the size.

Did not know it would be so big!

~Washington Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #51
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

We're back from the march/rally. We met at the Unitarian Society to watch the live streaming of the women's march in D.C. I cried a lot, I was having some kind of major catharsis. We didn't actually march because my sweetheart's back was bothering her, but we watched everyone march into the rally site and stayed for some of the rally. There a LOT of people and lots of great signs, it was really moving. But then I started getting anxiety in the crowd so we broke for lunch. I'm really glad I went though.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #52
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I had an awesome time at the rally in Albuquerque today! The energy of the crowd was so positive and determined. People of all genders, races and ages were there. Dogs too. One dog had a pussy hat, hah!

I didn't get to the sign making event, but someone at the rally gave me a sign - message on each side. One side: "He is the Swamp" and the other "We Will Not Be Silent."

One of my friends had "I Can't Believe I Still Have To Protest This Shit." Everyone wanted a pic of it. I loved the guy pushing a stroller with his "Feminist Dad" sign. Just a great crowd.

We had lots of great speakers, poetry and music.

One key thing that was said was that feminism that is not intersectional and inclusive is just white supremacy. I agree.

And also that women's rights are human rights and civil rights. It is about all of us working together. And about women not being defined by social norms or anyone else and that we all are valuable and can think for ourselves.

My friend and I decided we want to work on getting our Republican governor out when her term is up.

It was a very peaceful gathering and lots of positive energy and people determined to continue to fight for our rights. I'm so glad I went.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #53
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Humbled...

I attended our womyns march in Northern California.
More than 6000 awesome individuals showed up and we rallied together...
I am so inspired and humbled by all the love and support showed by womyn all around the world in solidarity as sisters and as a global community....
I am ready to keep going forward regardless of what may come....
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #54
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm back from Seneca Falls. We had about 30 of us from work meeting in the dark at 5 am to head out this morning. It was phenomenal. They were not expecting the crowd they got at all but it was managed quickly. I guess they were expecting 500 which blows my mind. Last press count was 10,000. We walked almost 2 miles to get to the rally site and then were on sidewalks because a street permit hadn't been attained? But either we just took the streets or we got a permit, I'm not sure sure, but we took over the whole village. The speakers were strong and empowering, the crowd was full of love and intention. I'm so glad I was able to be there.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #55
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default 750,000 people marched in Los Angeles

~Washington Post

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #56
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

If this doesn't make you smile and bring you hope, nothing will.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #57
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Signs

More @ 'Never Fuck a Republican': Our Favorite Protest Signs from the Women's March on Washington
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #58
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Fantastic signs!

Warms my heart.

So much for Trumps 307 electoral votes.

~Washington Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #59
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

~Washington Post

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #60
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

I'm getting really tired of seeing Michael Moore's face every time CNN wants to interview someone about the Women's March. Sometimes it's good to just step aside, Michael.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:

Tags
equality, protests