Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #241
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I swam laps for an hour, then soaked in the hot tub like a steamed Brussels sprout. Could it be I'm starting to crave exercise every day??
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #242
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

3.5 miles with Chessie, and .5 with Obster, and 20 minutes upper body weight training.

I decided today, that I need to shed about 3 good-sized turkeys worth of extra pounds. Chessie says he's on board for that. Believe me, he is a taskmaster!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #243
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Hello all!

Does anyone do something like Callenetics or fluidity? (looks easy, but trust me, it's NOT) Or super low key type of stuff like a gentle yoga or tai chi??

Or TTapp?? (this one will kick your arse)

Thanks
Try Darcy Bussel's Pilates for life. Not easy at all and the best belly/abs work-out evah! Low impact...only on the joints not on the muscles.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #244
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,118 Times in 3,006 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have to miss my sprint intervals tonight-parenting duties call. But I'll put in extra rowing time this afternoon and a walk with the 100 lb dog for an extra arm workout.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #245
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Managed a 5Km walk (with the Newfie!)
and hours of spring clean up/mowing/planting/digging garden work yesterday.

Today: A 10km walk later in the afternoon.

Loving the information shared on this thread

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #246
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Did a circuit at the gym: it's a minute of stepping up and down on a platform, followed by a minute of reps on a series of 10 machines. The entire workout takes 30 minutes (with rest stops in between steps and machines). Then I did my Activetrax workout: this is a daily customized workout with dumbbells, machines and mat work. I also tried the stairstepper, which was a massive FAIL.
I think I am going to work up to a 20 minute mile on the treadmill first before trying that machine again.

I'm trying to get into the pattern of swimming three times a week, and on the other days doing circuit and Activetrax, or a class. On Sundays I plan to take the day off or just play in the pool with the kids.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #247
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Just the usual again tonight.

I'm starting to recognize people at my gym, which feels good. The staff knows me, and there is one boy in particular with curly hair that I always say Hi to when I come in.

I've never been to a gym where people were as encouraging to each other as in this one. The men hang out in little groups and so do the women—I've never seen that in a gym before.

A lot of the men are very developed in their upper bodies, and very tattooed. They do a lot of stuff on the mats, old-school pushups and other configurations that look self-taught.

When I smile at the women, they smile back, and lately, they've started initiating interaction with me, which I like. I'm white, and I'm alone, which kind of makes me stand out, but now that I've been going there a few months, I'm starting to feel like I blend in and belong.

I used to be more shy there but now I'm not afraid to say, "Are you gonna do another set?" (in a nice way), when some young guy has been sitting there a long time messing with his phone. And they're always extremely respectful. When I'm waiting for one of them to get off a machine, if he was really trying I sometimes say, "Good work!" like a teacher, and they beam.

The older women are sort of that way with me, which is nice. They sometimes comment on the amount of weight I use, in a complimenting way. Sometimes I will join in with another woman to encourage someone else to use more weight.

I'm older, but among the most fit of the women, and I'm naturally competitive and always feel proud when I get on a machine and move the weight up to my level. On the other hand when I get on a machine after one of the men (most of them are really good about spritzing and wiping down the machine and I always reinforce it with a Thank you!), I sometimes comment with admiration on the unfuckingbelievable amount of weight they use.

I'm getting stronger, and I like how my heart pounds on each machine. Tonight I did an extra machine—so that was 14 machines, three sets of 15 reps on each one.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #248
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I hit the midpoint of my 10 week challenge and I, along with a group of other members who were also at their midpoint, had our board-breaking day. It is a little ritual that is done for the midpoint of every challenge. I confess I was a bit nervous about it...I've never broken a board with my hand before...I worried about not being able to do it, feeling self-conscious, etc.. On the day, we were given our boards and a marker and told to write on the board...anything we wanted to overcome, or put behind us, or whatever we felt was holding us down or holding us back. Then, we stood in a circle and our trainer came around to each of us...held the board...and on the count of three, you broke the board with the heel of your hand. By the time we all had our turn...there were tears, and cheers, and just an overwhelming feeling of support, encouragement, and community. Who knew that breaking a board could be so emotional...and feel so wonderful? (and yes, I was worried for no reason because I broke my board with no problem. )

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #249
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Walked home from work. Brooklyn to NYC. It took over three hours. I love walking home and not being on the subway for an hour. The one negative is the traffic and pollution at certain points. But that is life. The best part is when I walk uptown by the water right after coming off the Brooklyn Bridge. Wow, the sun shining, sailboats, the breeze, heavenly...

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #250
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

8km skate ( 4 and 4 ) with a break in between.
First 4 km was maniacal-- felt great.
Second 4km was lamenting the burning of my thighs and my sweet portuguese ass.
Now, i feel great!!

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #251
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

slow go but intense

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #252
prettyboyreg

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,512 Times in 293 Posts
prettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputation

It finally cooled off enought to get in my five mile run... cleared my head... refocused... Then I walked in the door to my little puggies...running back and forth to thier leashes and just had to take them for a walk...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #253
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

i lifted my coffee cup from the desk to my mouth several times before walking across the room for a refil
Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #254
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Moving comfortably back in the swing....

45 minutes eliptical, always at hilly, high intensity. Upper body probably same amount of time. The typical planks and core work out, too.

I love the fact that the gym is pretty empty and the fact that I am doing this along with two coworkers/friends. We have a good time.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #255
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Did my regular 10km walk yesterday in really good time-- a good pace throughout -- hoping to head out for either a walk or skate today with my Butch!

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #256
Daktari

Feeling frustrated at not being able to ride my bike. Not sure how I'm going to cope for the next fortnight.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #257
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I hiked my ass off today! I even got some uphill hiking in. Felt great to really expand my lungs and feel them work...now I really have to compensate with some upper body and core stuff at the gym...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #258
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I did about an hour total of cardio, 30 on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill with a heavy incline...it's hiking season! This amounted to nearly 5 miles....

Then did a circuit of mostly arms, and back, but also did calves and the abductor/adductor and some core...which I need to find something interesting to do for, since I'm not a lay down and do crunches type... I heard Zumba is good for abs...we shall see...

NOW

I'm gonna go do some work in the veggie garden.....that's gotta count for something...lol
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #259
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

My doc will only allow me to walk so my daily regimen is just that. BUT i can walk. I walk on average about 5 miles a day. When I get angry I walk. I walked 20 miles total last Tues. (very bad day) This place I live has steep hills tooI walked for hunger 20 miles 2 weeeks ago. I am ouch .I am walking tomorrow for the homeless. I will be starting swiming soon. My doc will be releasing me for that I have to have lower back fusion surgery which iam trying to do EVERYTHNG in my power not to have. But I have always loved high diving since I was younger. I want to do that too. And I still want to skydrive. sooo bad I can taste it. lol I have lost a total of 60 pds and where fat once was there is now muscle. I still am not where i want to be. I am 5'7 was 260 now iam 200 and still at full throttle ahead. o.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #260
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Great time at the gym today. 1 Hour on the Arc Trainer next to Jill (the gym obsessive who looks like she stepped out of a Nike ad) watching old episodes of Amy Sedaris' short-lived sit-come, Strangers With Candy. I wasn't crazy about the movie Strangers Wtih Candy but the shows are hitting my subversive sweet spot. It's about a 46-year-old woman who is back in high school. Amy Sedaris, of course, is the sister of the famous, gay author, David Sedaris, who I also love (He has a new book out!).

I said hi to Jill and she gave me a tiny "hi" with a tiny "smile." She was wearing perfume which is not my favorite thing to be next to, given that perfume sweats itself off the skin at the gym (Ewww!). I fantasized about telling her "No more perfume, Jill!" but I knew then that would put our relationship right in the toilet so I sucked it up, literally.

After the Arc Trainer, I did weight lifting, yoga, abs, and stretching for an hour. Jill switched to the stair master. Then, as I got up from the mat to leave, I noticed Jill had left. I walked to the real stairs to go home, and what-do-you-know, I saw Jill had actually switched back to the Arc Trainer and was still going full force! On a Saturday night.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights