Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipe Swap

Ok... I looked and saw a few threads on vegan recipes but none that was for all others... If there is one... please direct me and I will post there. If not.. then this thread is open for recipes to share....

I LOVE to cook. I love to share... and I love to learn.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tonights dinner...

I'll start!

Tonight's dinner is:

Tuscan Style Sauteed Chicken

1 chicken leg (per person), rinsed under cold water and patted dry
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large garlic clove (per person)
Some fresh rosemary leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling on chicken
1 large lemon, quartered (per leg)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190°C).

2. In a large roasting pan, arrange the chicken legs skin-side down, but not cramped together. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken well, leaving the chicken skin-side up. (Don’t skimp on the salt: you should be able to see it clearly on the meat but it shouldn’t look like a heavy snowfall.)

3. Smash the garlic cloves well and tuck one beneath each leg. Sprinkle the rosemary around the pan and again, don’t skimp. Drizzle some olive oil over all, squeeze fresh juice from the quartered lemons over all, and tuck the lemon pieces in among the chicken pieces. If the chicken legs are small, add a small slosh of water or wine (white or red) to the pan to maintain a little moisture until the legs begin to give up their own juices.

4. Place the pan in the oven and roast the legs for 50 to 60 minutes, checking the pan after 25 or 30 minutes. (If the meat is very lean you may need to add some more liquid to the pan so that the meat doesn’t get dry.) The chicken skin should be well browned and crispy; the leg joint should be loose. Test by grabbing one end of a drumstick with tongs and piercing the meat with a sharp knife: the juices should be clear, and when you cut into the meat it should fall off the bone.

Usually this chicken won’t require a sauce, but if your chicken is lean, you can deglaze the pan with a little wine or water, swirl in a little butter, and pour the reduced sauce over the meat. Let the legs rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

I served this with Roasted Asparagus drizzled with Hollandaise Sauce and baby green salad with balsamic dressing. Lovely.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Hey City here's one, don't know if it fits your bill.

.http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...hread.php?t=94
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanks Corkey! I will post over there ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Hey City here's one, don't know if it fits your bill.

.http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...hread.php?t=94

Old 01-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I made this on New Year's Day, it was sooooo good!

Risotto Rustica with prosciutto & arugula

7-8 cups (1.75lt/64 fl oz) chicken stock (8 cups is about 2 boxes of stock, I always have an additional box on hand in case it is needed to finish the risotto, it often is)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of finely chopped yellow onion
3 cups of Arborio or Carnaroli rice (risotto rice is imperative, it won't cook the same way with other long or short grained rices)
1 cup dry white wine at room temperature
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
6 large thin slices of prosciutto
1 bunch of arugula, stemmed
Parmesan cheese

*note*
If you've never cooked risotto before - it is a marathon event.
You can't step away from the stove or stop stirring once you start.
Its good to have a risotto-buddy to act as stirring-relief.
If I prepare all of the other ingredients ahead of time, the actual cooking takes between 40-90minutes. It really is worth all of the effort, though!

__________________________________________________ _________

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the stock to a gentle simmer and maintain over low heat.

In a large heavy saucepan (non stick with a rounded bottom - ideally), heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened (about 4min). Add the rice and stir until each grain is well coated with oil and is translucent with a white dot in the centre (about 3min). Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.

Add the simmering stock a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Reserve 1/2 cup of stock (3fl oz) to add at the end.

When the rice is tender to the bite but significantly firm in the centre and looks creamy, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and reserved 1/2 cup of stock. (you may also wish to stir in a 1 cup of finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese)

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Line warmed shallow individual bowls with prosciutto slices, top with risotto.
Make a "well" in the risotto and fill with arugula, tearing large leaves in to bite sized pieces. Using a vegetable peeler, shave paper-thin slices of Parmesan cheese over the top.

Serve at once.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
HoustonHuny

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

HoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST Reputation
Default Microwave or crockpot recipies????

I live in an RV and so use my microwave, crockpot or electric griddle mostly (because I don't like to use up my propane, propane is for heating the hot water), when not cooking out on the grill. Anybody have any great microwave or crockpot recipies?

Vlasta?
HoustonHuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I made this on New Year's Day, it was sooooo good!

Risotto Rustica with prosciutto & arugula

7-8 cups (1.75lt/64 fl oz) chicken stock (8 cups is about 2 boxes of stock, I always have an additional box on hand in case it is needed to finish the risotto, it often is)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of finely chopped yellow onion
3 cups of Arborio or Carnaroli rice (risotto rice is imperative, it won't cook the same way with other long or short grained rices)
1 cup dry white wine at room temperature
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
6 large thin slices of prosciutto
1 bunch of arugula, stemmed
Parmesan cheese

*note*
If you've never cooked risotto before - it is a marathon event.
You can't step away from the stove or stop stirring once you start.
Its good to have a risotto-buddy to act as stirring-relief.
If I prepare all of the other ingredients ahead of time, the actual cooking takes between 40-90minutes. It really is worth all of the effort, though!

__________________________________________________ _________

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the stock to a gentle simmer and maintain over low heat.

In a large heavy saucepan (non stick with a rounded bottom - ideally), heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened (about 4min). Add the rice and stir until each grain is well coated with oil and is translucent with a white dot in the centre (about 3min). Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.

Add the simmering stock a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Reserve 1/2 cup of stock (3fl oz) to add at the end.

When the rice is tender to the bite but significantly firm in the centre and looks creamy, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and reserved 1/2 cup of stock. (you may also wish to stir in a 1 cup of finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese)

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Line warmed shallow individual bowls with prosciutto slices, top with risotto.
Make a "well" in the risotto and fill with arugula, tearing large leaves in to bite sized pieces. Using a vegetable peeler, shave paper-thin slices of Parmesan cheese over the top.

Serve at once.

omg I need to try this.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHuny View Post
I live in an RV and so use my microwave, crockpot or electric griddle mostly (because I don't like to use up my propane, propane is for heating the hot water), when not cooking out on the grill. Anybody have any great microwave or crockpot recipies?

Vlasta?
thanks Huny , I cook a lot in crockpot too, for the moment I am just subscribing . I will be back .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Candied nuts...

My new fav... and super easy! The Tabasco is key!

Candied Almonds, Cashews and Pecans

1 cup mixed cashews and pecans
1 T. brown sugar
1 T butter.
1/2 tsp. Tabasco
2-3 sprigs rosemary (optional)
Sea salt

To candy the nuts, sauté raw unsalted nuts of your choice with brown sugar, butter and a small sprinkling of salt. When they get nice and brown, remove from heat and add Tabasco. Maybe some green? – chopped rosemary or parsley work well. To cool, spread out a plate in the thinnest layer you can so they won’t be a sticky blob. Cool (and store) via a quick blast in the freezer, and break apart before serving. These can be made days, or even weeks!, in advance and stored in an airtight container in the freezer.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
as long as it's lady appropriate go right on ahead
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

ladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHuny View Post

Vlasta?
When I want a crockpot recipe I go to these two places http://www.facebook.com/happycrockin...02980683107053

http://www.facebook.com/Crockpotgirl...ata=Topics:138

They have an amazing Chicken n Dumpling recipe
Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
GinaSofia

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
a lifer @ 27 years.

GinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chile Verde Spinach Enchiladas

Latest favorite off of the Internet. I used 8 tortillas instead of 10 & added
2 oz of canned diced green chilies to the sour cream/salsa mixture.
I also topped it w/ sliced olives.

1 cup light sour cream
1 (7 ounce) can green salsa
1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 (10 ounce) package corn tortillas
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small bowl, stir together half of the sour cream and the green salsa. Spread enough to coat the bottom into a 9x13 inch baking dish. On each tortilla, spread a small amount of the salsa and sour cream in the center. Lay a small handful of spinach over that, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up, secure with a toothpick and place into the baking dish. When all of the tortillas are in the pan, pour the remaining salsa over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the enchiladas are browned and heated through.

Last edited by GinaSofia; 12-05-2011 at 11:05 PM.
GinaSofia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GinaSofia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 02:02 AM   #12
GinaSofia

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
a lifer @ 27 years.

GinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST Reputation
Default Another fav.

Javi's Original Ceviche Recipe
Yield 12 servings (probably more like 6)
Ingredients
4 pounds shrimp
1 pound scallops
6 large limes, juiced
1 large lemon, juiced
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 serrano pepper, chopped
1 bunch cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt(I use sea salt)
ground black pepper to taste
Directions
In a large glass or ceramic bowl, gently toss the shrimp and scallops with the lime juice and lemon juice. Mix in onion, cucumber, tomato, jalapeno, serrano, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover bowl, and chill ceviche AT LEAST 5 HOURS in the refrigerator, until shrimp and scallops are opaque.

Last edited by GinaSofia; 12-06-2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: For editing.
GinaSofia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GinaSofia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2023, 09:21 AM   #13
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 33,965 Times in 8,544 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chicken and Rice Soup with Ginger and Turmeric

Chicken and Rice Soup with Ginger and Turmeric

Made this yesterday and it was delicious. I made too much and froze some.

Johnny Miller for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Rebecca Jurkevich.

From the nytimes.com: Many countries have some form of creamy rice porridge in their culinary canon, such as Chinese congee, Filipino lugaw or arroz caldo and Korean juk, to name just a few. Seasonings vary, but all call for simmering a little bit of rice with a lot of liquid until the grains tenderize and break down to create a deeply comforting soup. Ideal for those harboring colds or seeking comfort, this brothy chicken-and-rice soup begins with poaching an entire chicken, which takes time, but guarantees tender meat. The rendered fat creates a rich, flavorful broth, while coriander and turmeric add earthy notes. Fresh cilantro, red chile and ginger brighten the dish.

Makes 8 servings
3 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
5 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise (about ¾ cup), plus 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle, for garnish
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger (from one 3-inch piece), plus extra julienned ginger, for garnish
4 teaspoons ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
Kosher salt and black pepper
1½ cups short-grain brown rice or Arborio rice (10 ounces)
3 quarts chicken stock
3 bunches baby bok choy (about 1 pound)
1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, wings and legs removed and reserved (this will help the chicken fit better in the pot)
Sliced fresh red chile and chopped cilantro, for serving
Step 1
In a large pot, combine the oil with ¾ cup scallions, the garlic, finely chopped ginger, coriander and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.

Step 2
Add the rice and stir until coated. Add the chicken stock and 2 teaspoons salt, and bring to a boil over high. Meanwhile, prepare the bok choy: Trim and discard the ends, then halve crosswise, separating the leafy bok choy tops from the heftier stems. Cut the stems crosswise into ½-inch pieces. Set aside.

Step 3
Once the stock comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and carefully add the whole chicken, then the wings and legs, adding the meat in a single layer. (If the chicken isn’t fully submerged, add enough water until the meat is fully covered.) Cover the pot with a lid, leaving the lid cracked open about 1 inch, and simmer over medium-low until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. (Reduce the heat to low if necessary. You want to keep it at a low simmer to ensure the chicken stays tender.) Transfer the chicken to a large bowl.

Step 4
Continue to cook the soup over medium, uncovered, until the rice is tender and the liquid starts to thicken, 20 to 25 minutes. While the rice continues to cook, shred the chicken: Once cool, discard the chicken skin and tear the meat into bite-size pieces, discarding the bones. (You should have about 3 packed cups of shredded meat.)

Step 5
Stir the bok choy stems and shredded chicken into the soup, and simmer just until stems are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the leafy bok choy tops, and season to taste with salt.

Step 6
Divide among bowls and serve with bowls of chile, cilantro, sliced scallions and julienned ginger, to garnish.

Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
643 calories
31 grams fat
8 grams saturated fat
0 grams trans fat
15 grams monounsaturated fat
7 grams polyunsaturated fat
50 grams carbohydrates
4 grams dietary fiber
8 grams sugars
39 grams protein
1666 milligrams sodium
Note: The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...r-and-turmeric

Notes:
  • I used two thighs and two chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. You can use a precooked rotisserie chicken. I used what I had. A whole chicken may need more than 20 - 25 minutes to simmer.
  • I'm not here to cut green onions one way for the pot and another for garnishing. Everything got cut the same way—at an angle. Ditto on the Bok Choy. All the choy was used and put in at the same time at the end.
  • Next time I'll only use 1 cup of rice because it absorbs too much broth.
  • I didn't have fresh chili peppers and would substitute with jalepenos, chili flakes, or chili oil.
  • I added a very small amount of chipotle chili flakes to the broth while cooking.
  • I only used 2 tablespoons of ginger. Next time I'll use 3 as instructed.
  • I buy fresh ginger and keep it in the freezer. It worked well.
  • You can add a squeeze of lime or lemon juice just before serving.
  • I really like this and will make it again

Last edited by Orema; 12-17-2023 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Notes
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2023, 02:31 PM   #14
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Thought I’d share my super easy soup I made today. No recipe since I made it up but here’s the gist:

In a large crockpot I put enough baby potatoes to fill the bottom
Of the pot. Covered with 1 1/2- 2 cups chicken broth (I
Use better than bouillon) add a small, chopped onion. Let cook on high until potatoes are tender. Add a can of cream of chicken soup, and a cup of shredded cheese of choice. Stir. Add in kielbasa cut into small bites and a half bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix. Season as desired. I used salt and pepper and a spicy seasoning blend.