Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #41
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Is it me or is it true that most "girls who read", are tea drinkers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
I think you are on to something.. I'm equal parts tea and coffee drinker..
Me too....coffee in the morning, with books....tea in the evening, with books.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #42
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Me too....coffee in the morning, with books....tea in the evening, with books.
Thought so.

Just like they like tea, but aren't necessarily anti-coffee, I think they are pro cat (but are not anti dog, necessarily).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thought so.

Just like they like tea, but aren't necessarily anti-coffee, I think they are pro cat (but are not anti dog, necessarily).
Yes...this too.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Yes...this too.
God, I'm smart.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #45
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

I spent my money on books AND clothes. Both make me happy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #46
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I agree with Theoddz and Rockingonahigh….it REALLY twists my knickers when my partner reads as well! We don’t have to read together, I can be hand embroidering, designing new projects, making clothes, etc. There’s a seductive, sensuousness about reading together, being read too, and reading too the one you’re in love with….
Well said mam,well said..tyvm.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #47
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

One of the local colleges hear on the first weekend of September has a huge book sale going on,the books are prices fron.10 to $1.00 each.I love to go and fnd the old books that have much to give and may well be collectors quility for my small libary,ive been looking for leather bound compleat colection of the arabian knights,I found some last year but couldnt get them from the owner who had them in an open cardbord box in her garage going to waist...poor books.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 04:05 AM   #48
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I've rescued from garbage trucks Ovid, Ouida, Maupassant, DH Lawrence, Maugham, Yogananda...which will have to be pryed from my cold, dead, hands someday. If I had my way, I'd read eighteen hours a day. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of dating a femme who "smelled of the lamp" of midnight oil.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #49
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Is it me or is it true that most "girls who read", are tea drinkers?
I’m not a coffee drinker and I’m famous for drinking herbal teas, lol! ….For me, it’s the feeling of a simple luxury and indulgence of a good book, a pot of my favourite tea, maybe a square of chocolate or my favourite fruits sliced to eat with vegan cheese and sitting or laying comfortably and losing myself in the writing and images my mind conjurs up.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #50
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
I spent my money on books AND clothes. Both make me happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
One of the local colleges hear on the first weekend of September has a huge book sale going on,the books are prices fron.10 to $1.00 each.I love to go and fnd the old books that have much to give and may well be collectors quility for my small libary,ive been looking for leather bound compleat colection of the arabian knights,I found some last year but couldnt get them from the owner who had them in an open cardbord box in her garage going to waist...poor books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
I've rescued from garbage trucks Ovid, Ouida, Maupassant, DH Lawrence, Maugham, Yogananda...which will have to be pryed from my cold, dead, hands someday. If I had my way, I'd read eighteen hours a day. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of dating a femme who "smelled of the lamp" of midnight oil.
Fabrics and books for me! I often look through the local charity shops for books....the same when the Library has a sale on. Car boot sales, Fetes, anywhere that is likely to sell books. Sadly though, many books in these places are badly damaged and not worth spending the 25p on them!

I use the Library a lot and if I like a book, I'll buy it from Waterstone's or Amazon. With travelling so much and losing books when moving, I've kept my book collection down to a minimum. Once I settle down somewhere that I know will be permanent, then I'll re-start my book collection again.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #51
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
I use the Library a lot and if I like a book, I'll buy it from Waterstone's or Amazon. With travelling so much and losing books when moving, I've kept my book collection down to a minimum. Once I settle down somewhere that I know will be permanent, then I'll re-start my book collection again.

Kindle...my friend...kindle. I have transitioned completely and, although wondering if I'd miss the feel of a book in my hands, find that I don't at all. The beauty of it is that I can enjoy all the books I want...a new one anytime I want...carry 3,000 of them in my purse....and all with no books to dust or walls of bookshelves.

Love it...
Old 12-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #52
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've been known to walk into a book store and cry....tears of happiness, as I didn't know where to begin.

I've been known to buy a book simply by what it felt like in my hands. Most times, the book touched my heart in some way.

I love to travel..........and two of my best memories are The Tattered Cover in Denver and Powel's in Portland....I don't remember much else about Denver and Portland.

There is just something about the smell of a book store that makes me drunk with happiness.

There are books/book cases in almost every room in my home. I need more of both.......

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #53
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Aside from my friend persiiiiiiiiiiii - Powel's is the best thing in Oregon. I got to go there for the first time earlier this year and it was heaven. I think persi and I spent 2 hours in the queer and feminist sections alone. And then there were the cookbooks!! I didn't even make it to the other sections I was exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

I love to travel..........and two of my best memories are The Tattered Cover in Denver and Powel's in Portland....I don't remember much else about Denver and Portland.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #54
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
And then there were the cookbooks!!
Just don't get me started on cookbooks! I read them TWICE before I make any of the recipes from them....I'm very particular about the knowledge of the Chef writing the book, especially when it's Italian and French cookbooks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #55
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:

My cousin downloaded the Kindle PC app for my laptop….I cannot get on with it….it doesn’t feel the same when reading! I love to feel the weight of a book in my hands as I read….to feel the texture of the paper….to smell the book whether new or old. ….I’m the same with newspapers, lol! I will remain a traditionalist in this way (and a few others, lol!) and will not go willingly into the 21st century with eReaders....*Stamps foot in stubbornness, then sits down and pulls out a paperback book for a quick -ish read* LOL!

Quote:
Kindle...my friend...kindle. I have transitioned completely and, although wondering if I'd miss the feel of a book in my hands, find that I don't at all. The beauty of it is that I can enjoy all the books I want...a new one anytime I want...carry 3,000 of them in my purse....and all with no books to dust or walls of bookshelves.

Love it...
Nah! I reckon it'll be years (or another lifetime) before I make the complete transition to eReaders....I'm still trying to get the hang of my Android phone and so far, I'm failing spectacularly, especially when I cut people off trying to answer it! LOL!

Thank you for the gentle encouragement my friend, but, for now, I'll stay antiquated, lol!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #56
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

My cousin downloaded the Kindle PC app for my laptop….I cannot get on with it….it doesn’t feel the same when reading! I love to feel the weight of a book in my hands as I read….to feel the texture of the paper….to smell the book whether new or old. ….I’m the same with newspapers, lol! I will remain a traditionalist in this way (and a few others, lol!) and will not go willingly into the 21st century with eReaders....*Stamps foot in stubbornness, then sits down and pulls out a paperback book for a quick -ish read* LOL!

No kindle for me either. I like books. The same with newspapers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #57
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
No kindle for me either. I like books. The same with newspapers.
You're a Butch after my own heart....umm....except I'm a Femme, but, you know what I mean (....I hope!), lol!

Sunday mornings were meant for a loving couple to snuggle up together and read the newspaper together with ,lol!

By the time I've bought a kindle and paid £7....something to download book, I can buy a bookcase full of books for the same price, lol!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #58
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I love books too. But I'm going to try and switch over this semester and have all my text books on my ipad.

The trees.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #59
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I love books too. But I'm going to try and switch over this semester and have all my text books on my ipad.

The trees.
***kannon... can you download non-textbooks and magazines for free on an iPad?

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #60
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post

The trees.
But, then you can't "highlight", right? Or is there a way to do that on one of those things? If not, would make it hard to study for an exam (for me, anyway).

I had a friend in college who was so obsessive-compulsive with everything in life that she used a ruler when she would highlight!

I hear you on the tree thing, though.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: