Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 11-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over.

A place to visit and relate to each other being in our 40s & 50s and over. Topics vary on anything you want to share.
(Barb I stole your original thread and moved it over here lol)
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Nahhh, lots of oldies here

I love being 46 though, nothing to prove.
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

You're way young....
Old 11-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
You're way young....
Yeah, an infant!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Default Zygote here....:)

Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Oldie here..........
Old 11-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL

... hell no. ya old fart......
thank u ....... Ol jet. for giving us other old farts a hang out place.... hehe

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Well hey everybody welcome to the thread...I'm on and off here real fast, getting ready to see the movie Precious. I should say I'm bracing myself for it considering the subject matter and some pretty upsetting scenes.

Y'all have a good day.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi All! I'm 46 yo. This last year has really aged me. Life is very unfair, and unkind, but I am surviving.

I will definitely be back to see my friends who are in the same boat.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #11
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Hi All! I'm 46 yo. This last year has really aged me. Life is very unfair, and unkind, but I am surviving.

Namaste,
Andrew

Hello to all who are graciously getting older I am 47 and I think life gets better as you age! and I am a great great Aunte!
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Smile haven't been around in awhile...

nin hao, lofters! i haven't been around in awhile. during my time away, i've survived a relapse of rsd, a break-up (amicable), and contuning to be a care-taker. it IS difficult to be in your 40s and 50s and suddenly becoming a care-taker when one did not expect it.
though not greying yet (genetic?), i too would not go back to being younger. i have learned too much to want to do so. in fact, i am trying to unlearn things i learned when younger. i know more about what/whom i want now and can afford to jettison old attitudes and things that simply do not work anymore. i am quite happy w/me and my own company now. been a long journey to get here, though.
Lady_Wu
Old 12-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #13
raising2alone

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Name says it all

raising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputationraising2alone Has the BEST Reputation
Default Age is a number???? ;)

Hard to believe you are all that old...lol. G-Ma and all, yes, I am now 56 years young with 2 year old twins, WHAT WAS I THINKING..lol. Talk about keeping you young and in shape. Best exercise program there is to date. Doubt I will make it to G-Pa status, let's hope anyway..lol. Have a blessed Holiday Season all!
raising2alone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raising2alone For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Life gets better as you age an you aquire more steadier friendships!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

I will have to agree... As I have gotten older I found my three kids still need me but in a very different more expensive way then they did as kids and now the parents need me to take care of them... The good thing about the age we are now is I am now not letting myself be walked on and not caring about what everyone thinks about me... Family not happy with me oh well...
I need to live my life the way I want it to go and not what everyone expects from me... A very rude awakening for most of my family!
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
Slade

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Solo

Slade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST ReputationSlade Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Oldie here

Yep,I guess mid fifties is considered an oldie...

Ah to be young again.....

Slade
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Have a great morning everyone!!!!!!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
Old 12-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
blueeyes226_l

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch-I am who I am
Relationship Status:
single and looking

blueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Namaste,
Andrew
This year has aged me as well. This kidney stuff has aged me as well as my daughter is for the birds and I wish the birds would take it back...lol
blueeyes226_l is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueeyes226_l For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #19
Bobbi

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

Bobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST ReputationBobbi Has the BEST Reputation

Yikes........I'm really OLD even in here. I just turned 63 in Jan.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
JrzyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym

JrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST ReputationJrzyButch Has the BEST Reputation
Cool newbie to BFP

Heya everyone...JrzyButch here....newbie to BF, thought I give it a try to see how this works, never seen this before & it looks like a cool site to browse around..just wanted to say...hello to everyone..
JrzyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JrzyButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
age, good news for once, mature