Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 11-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over.

A place to visit and relate to each other being in our 40s & 50s and over. Topics vary on anything you want to share.
(Barb I stole your original thread and moved it over here lol)
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Nahhh, lots of oldies here

I love being 46 though, nothing to prove.
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

You're way young....
Old 11-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
You're way young....
Yeah, an infant!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Default Zygote here....:)

Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Oldie here..........
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?
Many many changes, things I notice are about the same as yours. Staying up til midnight is a late night, and I cracked up when I visited my best friend of 30 years recently and he said "no drinking on a work night".

I really enjoy staying home. Now the big change for me is to move, had the economy not tanked I would of done it by now. My bones need warmth and sun...the cold, damp Seattle winters have run their course with me.

I'm sure I'll be back with more but right now I've gotta take a nap..hehe
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all I am 48 and would not change all the years of experience to be young again for all the money in the world. I am in place where I know who I am, where I am going and really like myself.

Jewel
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...
God I remember those days.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

I think I got very lucky and pretty much avoided the bar life. And for sure at my age, I have zero interest in it.

Quote:
God I remember those days.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation

~~HEY~~ 41, here. And a Grandmother... I prefer it as **G-Ma**.

And I'm just waiting to get over to whole "Hang on to your youth" thing so I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

I find myself focused on taking care of the parents now... the role has totally flipped... I'm the caretaker now. CRAZY! I would never had imagined such a thing happening.

I do good getting 3 or 4 events a ~~YEAR~~ now with all the ((grown up)) things I have to do.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'll be 57 my next birthday (Feb).....that sounds so surreal to me! lol I don't FEEL 57......I don't feel as though I LOOK 57.....I certainly don't ACT 57!!

That being said, I DO find that I am increasingly more impatient with people who act the fool. If You're cranky, mean to people, shit~stirrers or passive~aggressive, I really don't have time for that.

There's a part of me that is really looking forward to being a grandmother, but I'm not telling my daughter that! lol And I'm not having the "Grandma/Granny/MeeMaw/Nana" stuff.....I'm going to teach them something unusual....like "Diva". Yes....it has served me well for many years.....it might as well continue on.....
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinking this is where I belong - cuz I've kissed 50 and s/he kissed me back a couple of times
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Looking around the place and liking this Loft. Wondering how I missed seeing this thread. Pulling up an overstuffed recliner and getting comfy because.....well, just because I can, lol. I'm just gonna watch for a while as I sit back and check ya'll out.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumV4me View Post
~~HEY~~ 41, here. And a Grandmother... I prefer it as **G-Ma**.

And I'm just waiting to get over to whole "Hang on to your youth" thing so I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

I find myself focused on taking care of the parents now... the role has totally flipped... I'm the caretaker now. CRAZY! I would never had imagined such a thing happening.

I do good getting 3 or 4 events a ~~YEAR~~ now with all the ((grown up)) things I have to do.

Personally I think grey is sexy and you wear it so well.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

That being said, I DO find that I am increasingly more impatient with people who act the fool. If You're cranky, mean to people, shit~stirrers or passive~aggressive, I really don't have time for that.
Ya know this is so very true -- I have no patients for fucking games, I'm to damn old. If a person can't deal with issues head on then fuck 'em, it's juvenile and energy wasting.

I became a grand kinda person/parent last year when my son married a woman who has a child. He is 16, I think he's to old for us to bond...and he just calls me Kim which is alright with me.

Happy weekend Lofters...

I am fortunate to be spending the day with many others from my B-F family -- I feel some trouble coming on.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL

... hell no. ya old fart......
thank u ....... Ol jet. for giving us other old farts a hang out place.... hehe

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #19
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Well hey everybody welcome to the thread...I'm on and off here real fast, getting ready to see the movie Precious. I should say I'm bracing myself for it considering the subject matter and some pretty upsetting scenes.

Y'all have a good day.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #20
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi All! I'm 46 yo. This last year has really aged me. Life is very unfair, and unkind, but I am surviving.

I will definitely be back to see my friends who are in the same boat.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:

Tags
age, good news for once, mature