Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do you remember when......

- When Kool aid was the only other drink for kids besides milk and juice?

- When there were 2 types of sneakers, Keds and PFFlyers and the only time you wore them at school was for gym?

- When it took five minutes for the tv to warm up?

- Nearly everyones mom was home when the kids got there?

- When no one owned a pure bred dog?

- When a quarter was a decent allowance?

- When girls neither dated or kissed until late in high school, if then?

- When your mom wore nylons that came in 2 pieces?

- When you got your windshield cleaned, oil checked and gas pumped without asking......for free everytime and you didnt pay for air? And you got trading stamps to boot?

- When any parent could discipline any kid or feed him or use him to carry groceries and nobody, not even the kid, thought anything about it?

- When they threatened to keep a kid back a grade if he failed....and they did?

- When being sent to the principals office was not as bad as the punishment awaiting a misbehaving student at home?

Ahhhh the good old days....when Leave It To Beaver was tops, gas was 39 cents a gallon, and penny candy actually cost a penny.

~Kobi~

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Our parents never had to look for a warning label on a single or an album

There was no such thing as "latch-key kids"

You did what you were told to do and you NEVER thought of even asking, WHY???

Designated as civil defense shelters I remember having "air raid" drills where we learned how to get under our desk or in the hallway on the floor with our heads and necks covered

There was a mother and father living at home

We called our elders Mr. Mrs. or Miss. there was no Ms. then, and definitely we did not call elders by their first name

Our parents knew exactly where we were and there were no posters seeking little children gone missing

You could safely leave both front and back doors wide open and all the windows too, and trust that noone would come in and rob you

You could go Trick or Treating and did NOT have to have your candy examined.

When I was a kid everyone knew the mailman by his name. The Ice Cream truck driver knew all the parents AND the kids. The milk man came to my parents door.

I remember playing outside with the other kids until dark and you came in when the street light came on..BTW I was told the "Tooth Fairy lived in what I know now to be the "transformer" box, on said light pole"

I remember when students respected teachers

There was no such thing as a "drug" problem

There was a Drive In just outside of town

Hide and go seek, Jacks and Jump rope.

We ate meals at home there were no fast food places and when we went out to Dinner, we dressed nice and we knew to "mind our manners"

Christmas toys were actual toys. You played outside and had to actually use your imagination. You drank out of the water hose because mom was moping the floors and cooking and she didnt want you getting things dirty.

WE were the remote control and the channels were 2, 11, 13, 8, 26 and 39.

Mutual of Omaha was on Sunday nights as well as The Wonderful World of Disney.

Leave it To Beaver, I dream of Jeannie, The Munsters and I Love Lucy were after school favorites.

Guns were for the police and the military

We had manners! Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am, Thank you and No Thank you. Please and Your Welcome. NEVER a No or Ya or "Whatever"

Shag carpet!!
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Big Wheels

I remember riding mine all over the place! I wore those damn plastic wheels out before I wore out the Big Wheel!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbikedyke View Post
I remember riding mine all over the place! I wore those damn plastic wheels out before I wore out the Big Wheel!

YES!! I rode my brothers all the time and the Mean Green Machine.
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I remember my blue Schwinn stingray chopper banana seat bike with the high handlebars and the cool three speed shifter.

I loved that bike, wish I still had it lol
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ahhh yes..those were the days.

I remember when...

I could go to the movies with a dollar...25 cents to get in...50 cents would get me an A&W root beer,candy and popcorn..the other 25 cents I saved for ice cream on the way home.

coke was 10 cents in a glass bottle.I miss the taste of coke in a glass bottle ,nothing like it so cold and crisp.

micky d's sold a burger for a dime...frys for a nickle.

the police officers were respected and not feared.

the world was a safer place to be.The cold war was still areoiund but I felt safe in my neighborhood.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I lived in Argentina till I was 13, so the world was never safe for me, but I do remember penny candy when we visited the US, and I dream of Jeanie and Bewitched.

My mother died when I was 13, so we had a single parent home for a while. I was in charge and yes we were home alone for several hours before my dad got home.

My dad always had guns and taught me how to shoot when I was 4.

Loved the cokes in the cute glass bottles!!!!

People have always taken drugs. Always, they just did not talk about it to us as kids.

Sorry to be a kill joy....but were things really better in the 50's and 60's?
Especially the 60's. JFK, terrorism, MLK, racism, riots, and yes, even razor blades in apples at Halloween.

For as long as I can remember I was terrified of the cold war and nuclear bombs.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I remember when.... I remember I am getting older and that there is much less time to waste! And although I have great childhood memories of so much, I do know that there existed a lot of denial of what was really going in people's lives. Abuse of every type has always been around.

That being said..... I do remember being able to count on a neighbor for help. Actually, I do remember when being a good neighbor was important and a hand-shake was taken seriously.... and honor was not a foreign term.

I do remember a time when one could be out in public and did not hear foul language at every street corner out loud because there existed a very different kind of social respect for others. And for me, family had a very different place than today. No... this does not have a thing to do with the 2.5 kids and two parents nuclear family thing!

There is quite a bit I love about younger generations and am happy to see that many of the things that were negative in my growing-up are better for them. But, I wouldn't mind some common courtesy being more a part of things now. I have to say that I appreciate that my son and his wife make it very clear to their daughters that adults are to be respected and that G-Ma really doesn’t care for hearing a litany of cussing. Its cool for them among their friends….. That’s what kids do!

Last edited by AtLast; 03-19-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: errors
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I remember growing up on a farm meant no indoor plumbing. It wasnt until I was in 2nd grade when we finally had it put in. Until then, we use an outhouse, took baths in a round tin tub and heated the water on the wood stove. We got water by pumping it off our back porch.

Sometime after indoor plumbing came, the 57 chevy with back wings followed. And a tv..black and white. No remote..lol. Bunny ears. Snow. National anthem. Ms Rosemary and Barney Bean and Captn Kangaroo.

I got a transistor radio. Rode roller coasters that would bore the kids today but scared the bejeeezuz out of me. As did the movie the 50 foot woman, the blob and godzilla.

I wore bobby socks then knee socks. Wasnt allowed to wear pants until HOT PANTS became the fashion and then somehow miraculously we girls could.

I wore garter belts before they were considered sexy lingerie. Women's nipples NEVER showed nor did men's underpants.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Funny Face (the other kool aid kind of drink) choo choo cherry, goofy grape, et al

Radios with tubes - transistor radios were a big deal when I was in grade school. And cassette tape decks were like IPods of today (except they had to be plugged in).

Telephones with 4 prong plug-ins, rotary dials and sharing your phone line (party lines).

Leaving your house and car unlocked all the time if you were small town or rural.

Drive In movies.

29 cents for a gallon of gas. 10 cents for an ice cream.

Bad things - out of control teachers and administrators using corporal punishment. As a 7th grader I watched a teacher break a full sized paddled over the backside of an honors student. Disagreeing with them was a bad idea.

Going anywhere in town or the surrounding countryside alone as a kid. We were warned about strangers but no one kept us on short leashes and there wasn't much reason to.

No bike helmets, no knee pads, no over protection. We climbed trees, jumped through hay shoots and off 2 story walls and lived with whatever scrapes we got.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daryn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Daryn;70172]Funny Face (the other kool aid kind of drink) choo choo cherry, goofy grape, et al
OMG! I remember them! I liked them better than Kool Aid. Do you remember swizzle sticks?
Radios with tubes - transistor radios were a big deal when I was in grade school. And cassette tape decks were like IPods of today (except they had to be plugged in). I still dont get what an IPod is or how it works. I am still trying to figure out why they stopped making albums. Album covers were part of why we bought the music!

Telephones with 4 prong plug-ins, rotary dials and sharing your phone line (party lines). I listened in!

Leaving your house and car unlocked all the time if you were small town or rural.
you can still do that where I live...
Drive In movies.
with playgrounds too!

29 cents for a gallon of gas. 10 cents for an ice cream.
anyone remember Isaly's ice cream?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #12
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeah and screaming yellow zonkers..... instead of cracker jacks.

Jukeboxes with 45s in them and 5 songs for a quarter.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daryn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

My brother and I asked permission to play outside

We said Yes sir and yes maam please and thank you and your welcome

Going out to eat once a month was a treat. And we always made sure we got dressed up to go...

When kids were actually taught respect

No back talking when an adult told them to do something

When hard work ethic was actually taught and not just talked about. When parent actually gave their kids chores to do. Or as my father and so many like him did in the country gave us jobs as teenagers to earn money. To learn the responsibility of bills. We had to work for whatever we wanted it wasnt just handed to us. And we didnt "expect it"

When parents were comitted to their love for one another and making it work. When divorce wasnt an option

When mom cooked a homeade dinner for the family, and everyone sat down to eat...

Men/Butches bought their gf's or wives flowers just because

Took them to a nice dinner

Pulled out the chair for them

Opened the door for them

Took them home and walked them to their door

Kissed their hand goodnight

Just plain old fashioned courting....
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #14
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I remember...

playing on the gravel piles at the house constuction sites around our new neighborhood in the new suburbs.

Walking to the penny candy store when the candy was actually a penny.

Romper Room, Sherman and Peabody, Megilla Gorilla....

My mom looking like Jackie Kennedy, with her flipped up hair and portrait collar dress.

When my mom wore a paper dress to a Halloween Party, supposed to be dressed as a hippie!

Fondue parties.

All the kids gathered at the neighborhood park for "movie night." We all spread out on blankets and watched an old black and white movie on a big screen.

Winning a "mod" doll in the Easter egg hunt. She had long, black hair, a psychedelic headband, and orange bell bottoms.

.... Wow.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Slinkys, hoola hoops, Picking teams to play softball on the school yard and hoping you weren't the last one picked, playing marbles, pick up sticks, barrel of monkeys, and yoo hoo in small glass bottles.

Anyone remember tablets called fizzies (many flavors) that you'd drop in water and get as close as you could to having a bottle of pop?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when someone said they'd do something they did it.

I remember that if someone you knew or didnt know was in need you helped them not expecting anything in return..

I remember when I love you was said you could take it to the bank cause it was true

I remember when kids didnt have computers and cell phones or tv's in their room.

I remember being taught good work ethic, respect for elders and authority, punctuality, loyalty....

I remember being taught love of God and country

I remember when pledge of allegiance was stated every morning before school.

I remember when kids spoke to their parents with respect. Didnt holler back or scream back when told to do something. It was you were told once you didnt do it and you knew the consequences

I remember when mom and dad was the one who taught their kids sex ed. Not the school
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #17
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when my telephone # had 4 digits, that's it, and rotary dial.
Skates that attached to the sneakers, yes sneakers not tennis shoes.
playing army for hours for hours in about a 10 block area, and hearing my dads whistle for us to come in for dinner.

Good times.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 03-20-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Oh Corkey,.you just brought back a huge memory of my Daddy opening the back door and stepping out and whistling loud..and the pony picking his head up and running for the barn...FEED TIME!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #19
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default I remember when.......

~When capitalism wasn't a dirty word
~When Christianity wasn't stifled
~When teachers weren't scared for their lives
~When political correctness didn't rob us of our freedom of expression
~Prayer in school. I wasn't a religious zealot, but it made me feel mighty fine.
~When we weren't so eager to sue for something as lame as 'choosing' to put hot coffee near a crusty cooch.

Duchess
Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #20
Daktari

I remember:
listening to the wireless
when having a colour tv was special
when there was only two tv channels
when every home did not have a telephone let alone every person having a mobile phone
going to the shop with 2p and being able to get black jacks, fruit salads AND an ice-pop
proper unions with actual power
'music centres'
when all shops were closed on a Sunday
being able to play on the road outside the house.
when not every family had a car and those that did just had the one.
when fruit and vegetables were bought from the greengrocer and weren't all uniform colour, size and shape.
when all chickens tasted like chicken not just those that one pays a premium for.
playing outside at every opportunity
vinyl records
proper Curly Whirlies - not the half hearted fake chocolate version available now
Spangles
the Corona fizzy pop van coming round once a week
the rag-and-bone man and his horse and cart
when meals were cooked from scratch every day
free higher education
when the health and safety 'police' didn't spoil everyone's fun
when wine was considered sophisticated and 'exotic'
my Mum's Girl Guide whistle that she used to call us in from playing out. One blast for me, two for my middle brother and three for my baby brother and five for all of us at the same time.
being walked to school
standing when a teacher entered the room
not daring to misbehave in public
the local 'bobby' (policeman)
milk delivered to the doorstep in bottles

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: