Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #201
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
evening Lofters............ well....... i ended up bk here in Chicagoland.. *sigh*.. its been snowing and blowing on and off all day today. im parked for the night. and relaxin i even picked up a movie from wallly world..... anyone ever see.. The Last Holiday??? has Queen Latifah in it.... i like her movies...

I love that movie!!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #202
DELSDAUGHTER

How Do You Identify?:
femme , with occasional tomboy tendencies
Relationship Status:
single,just me and the pup...

DELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
evening Lofters............ well....... i ended up bk here in Chicagoland.. *sigh*.. its been snowing and blowing on and off all day today. im parked for the night. and relaxin i even picked up a movie from wallly world..... anyone ever see.. The Last Holiday??? has Queen Latifah in it.... i like her movies...
that was a cute movie.......i love me some Queen L
DELSDAUGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DELSDAUGHTER For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #203
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELSDAUGHTER View Post
that was a cute movie.......i love me some Queen L

ha.... wow 2 great reviews ...... from Cowboi n Dels .. hah...
Dels.. have ever seen . Queen L's line of bra's and such?? i bought a couple very cute..... lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #204
DELSDAUGHTER

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

DELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
ha.... wow 2 great reviews ...... from Cowboi n Dels .. hah...
Dels.. have ever seen . Queen L's line of bra's and such?? i bought a couple very cute..... lol
yes i have..that is a great line...and she is a fine lesbian too....woot!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #205
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I like that movie and so does R.

When you going to get back our way?
We're do for an ice storm, so don't do it now.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #206
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I like that movie and so does R.

When you going to get back our way?
We're do for an ice storm, so don't do it now.
i dont know when i will be bk that way ... hoping soon . i need a Texas fix.

yikes............ ice storm.?
its snowing here............

Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #207
DELSDAUGHTER

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
i dont know when i will be bk that way ... hoping soon . i need a Texas fix.

yikes............ ice storm.?
its snowing here............
be careful and be safe
Old 01-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #208
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELSDAUGHTER View Post
be careful and be safe
tanx.. Dels.
this truck stop is very busy...... huge place..
im near the building.... and im gonna watch some tv..... i know im gonna end up falling asleep soon......... sooooo nity nites all

Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #209
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

Got you all beat. I'm in my 60s. I was exclusively gay well into my late 20s and then opted for marriage in order to have chidlren. Needless to say, the marriage didn't work out, but I have two lovely, brilliant grown daughters who are good people. Replaced the husband with an 8 lb. shih tzu named Lucy. Guess I am well over the hill. My concepts of gay life are stuck back in the 60s. I'm told that things have changed. Really grateful to have good health, energy and a quest for adventure. Love overseas travel. Not seeking a romantic interlude at this point. Just a few friends/activity partners. Are there any interesting groups for older lesbians in the Washington, DC area? I don't feel old enough to join anything named "Crones" or "Owls". What do mature lesbians do? Anybody tried purchasing a small condo in FL (or somewhere warm) for winters with any success or is that just asking for more responsibility? Just joined. Nice to be here.
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #210
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

What did you think of "Precious". I'm afraid it will be too depressing. Been watching all four seasons of "Dexter" and "Six Feet Under". Shows how deep I am at my age. I think they're both outrageous and been watching like a marathon. Next month, on to the first seasons of "Big Love" about the Mormon fundamentalists.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #211
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

"I love being my age. I look around and while there are some things I could have done differently, for whatever reason, at the time, I made the best choices I could. No judgment. Acceptance only. Of who I am. Of where I am. In ten years, I'll do things differently, but I hope in the looking back on them, I'll feel similarly as now."

That's a great one. Do you happen to know the source?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #212
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.

I found that interesting and have the same experience. Suspect that the memories that have been in there lurking the longest sometimes leave the strongest imprint. I find myself wondering about childhood friends, casual acquaintances known for a day or two 30 years ago. It's peculiar. I think about the little butch in grade school that I used to play doctor with :-) Agree that it's a strange sense of nostalgia. They say that the truly elderly tend to relive their infancy. I find that frightening, personally.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #213
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Jude, welcome to BFP and welcome to The Loft. I hope you make lots of friends and participate in many threads. Heck, you can come to our first reunion and meet many of us in Little Rock. I'm sure some will be coming from your area.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #214
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

heyyy welcome to the Loft Jude....... ha .....

mawning Lofters
its a bitter frozen morning here in Chicagoland....
ill be driving here shortly......
soo hope you all have a wonderful day......

im leaving you all with the song for today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt2jX1kaYo"]YouTube- Queen - somebody to love[/ame]

Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #215
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

whats in da truck whats in da truck???RAIN
Quote:
heyyy welcome to the Loft Jude....... ha .....

mawning Lofters
its a bitter frozen morning here in Chicagoland....
ill be driving here shortly......
soo hope you all have a wonderful day......

im leaving you all with the song for today.

YouTube- Queen - somebody to love
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #216
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
whats in da truck whats in da truck???RAIN
haha.... its a secret

hey ya Loft dwellers...... **yawn** update..

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
right now im stuck in MN .. listening to the beep sound cuz my air brakes are froze.. and waiting for a repair guy who does road side serivce..... i think i need some asprins.
*sigh*

its sooooo way past my bed time im tired as hell and well...... ill be in this area for a lil while i guess..

only 1 mile from my delivery too......... bbl

Old 01-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #217
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
haha.... its a secret

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
right now im stuck in MN .. listening to the beep sound cuz my air brakes are froze.. and waiting for a repair guy who does road side serivce..... i think i need some asprins.
*sigh*
that's a drag, roadie
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:26 AM   #218
DELSDAUGHTER

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
haha.... its a secret

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
*sigh*

its sooooo way past my bed time im tired as hell and well...... ill be in this area for a lil while i guess..

only 1 mile from my delivery too......... bbl
wow ...sorry for your problems...be safe
Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #219
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

afternoners Dels... and Lofters

dammm according to my ......... log dept.

i cant drive till around 3 30pm.... soo im still stuck here where i droped off the load......

id like to find a verizon store...

c what i mean . about getting a local job.......

i could be doing something more constructive... if i was home.... like like.. ahh

baking cookies........ lol .... i miss doing a lot of that kind of stuff.

i could get some painting done this weekend if i end up stuck here...longer

i need to hunt me a art and crafts store.... im hunting some of them embroidery rings... so i can finish painting this shirt i have here .. im painting a dog on the pocket area and the marterial needs to be stretched.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #220
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my best friend has been my best friend since the first day of first grade. We have suffered through so much together and have lost each other and found each other and support one another and get in each other's faces when we are acting stupid. I am 53. We celebrated together when we could finally get an AARP card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:

Tags
age, good news for once, mature