Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 11-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #21
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,144 Times in 560 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Well, let me say this! being 50 something: I cannot say that I am the most knowldegeable nor poetic about my age! But I can attest to being my age is wonderful! (only if I knew then what I know now) kinda info! Adding a 23 yr old son to the mix has added even more of "wishes"!

It is great to be settled and sound in many ways, but 'newness' is always a venue that I admit I am attracted too! To have the ability to enjoy fresh and open thoughts and experiences etc. is what keeps me striving for knowledge! Please do share words of wisdom and adventures that willl assist me away from the 'rut' that I so easily fall into !

ks
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #22
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Lofters, just got back from seeing Precious. I have no comment about the movie. Good to see people joining in the Loft. I'll be around tonight checking in from time to time.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #23
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Jet: sorry if I am outta the loop...."Precious" ? Help me out lol! I am an old 50 something
Old 11-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #24
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
Hi Jet: sorry if I am outta the loop...."Precious" ? Help me out lol! I am an old 50 something
Precious is produced by Oprah and Tyler Perry based on the book "Push" by Sapphire.

Both coast newspapers and Rolling Stone are singing its praises. it opened in Atlanta a few days ago.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #25
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

....... im hangin here about 15 miles north of Louisville KY.. into Ind.....
bored to tears.....
i been reading some postings here........ and i must say ..
it makes me wonder how I made it this far.. in my life.... heh..
and the mention of life being unfair... and just surviving... well .. tis can be all true i guess.. and i am sure i could dwell on all that myself
but ya know what.???
i am still alive..... and enjoying my life to its fullest.. despite some set backs.
its amazing how we all keep moving forward..
its not a matter of just surviving.... its a matter of living and enjoying life and things and those around you.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #26
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Aww yes have heard...being in Kansas the theaters are not up to the latest news or flicks! will take notice! thank you jet......

ks
Old 11-22-2009, 03:15 AM   #27
Pennysparkles

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Pennysparkles is on a distinguished road
Default 45 and getting younger!

hi there, I'm happy to see a room for oldies

I'm 45, living in the UK and feel younger every day!
Pennysparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pennysparkles For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #28
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

mawning lofters
for some reason i could not find the coffee drinking smilie on the list thingie..

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #29
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm 45, a mom of 3, a grandmother of 6...and guess what??? I'm still sparkly!!!

Life gets more beautiful as the days go along.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #30
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

44 year old butch here. I still stay up until all hours of the night, but I'm much more of a homebody than I ever used to be and I rarely drink or go out to bars anymore. I truly have no interest in dealing with anyone who tries to bring drama or chaos into my life. If you don't like your life or the way you feel, work on it. I've worked hard to overcome a lot in my life and I expect others to try to do the same. I moved home last winter to take care of my mother and she passed away in August. My father, who was my favorite person in the world, died two years ago. It's been hard but I've learned a lot about myself, including how strong I am. I think most of us at this age start to really understand ourselves.

My nephew (23) and niece (19) are extremely important to me, especially because I don't have kids. Unless we are counting furbabies. If we count them, I have a black lab named Murphy and a little black cat named Reilly. Okay, more than enough about me. Thanks for starting the thread, Jet.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #31
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread Jet. 47 years old and still going strong. I can't say I have slowed down much from my wild and crazy days since I wasn't ever that wild and crazy to begin with, lol. One thing that I have discovered as I grow older is time definitely does seem to fly by the older I get. I try to remember to take the time to appreciate people and things in my life. Also nothing replaces life experience. Nothing. And us older types do have more of it.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #32
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

You're right. Sometimes I can't get over how fast times flies. I don't feel like I'm 53 and they tell me I don't look 53 either. lol You know, I missed out on my 40's from being a trauma survivor, and now that I'm passed so much of that, it feels like I'm picking up where I left off. I work out like I'm in my 30's and I'm really grateful to be able to do that so as time passes I can stay as fit as I can. I quit smoking 3 years ago and don't even miss it. Anyway, I feel like I'm 53 going on 35.

Hello Lofters! Gotta keep this bumped up so more people join in. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #33
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumV4me View Post
......I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL
Did you really mean"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair..."?Yep, you belong in here...this is the place for folks who are old enough to hum tunes from South Pacific....LOL
Awwww hell, ain't it grand to be older to remember great stuff?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNl5p-TpGPU"]YouTube- I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair - South Pacific - Complete Audio[/ame]
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I'm 49, going on 50 in August. I always felt good about getting older and, hopefully, wiser. But, 50 is kind of daunting. I'm told I look younger, like in my 30's. But, does that eventually catch up with someone, and become odd rather than attractive? We'll see! I'm a lot happier in my 40's than I ever was before. Coming out and being myself, and all that, is a great stress reliever and source of energy and inspiration! I'm always looking for the right hangout, so thanks for setting this up.
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Welcome to the Loft, Lynn.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I'm 49, going on 50 in August. I always felt good about getting older and, hopefully, wiser. But, 50 is kind of daunting. I'm told I look younger, like in my 30's. But, does that eventually catch up with someone, and become odd rather than attractive? We'll see! I'm a lot happier in my 40's than I ever was before. Coming out and being myself, and all that, is a great stress reliever and source of energy and inspiration! I'm always looking for the right hangout, so thanks for setting this up.
oh wow.... i can relate to a lot of that.....
i think as butchs get older....... they get more handsome... heh
that distinguished look.....

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #37
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Personally I think grey is sexy and you wear it so well.
Thank you so much my friend... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
I'm 45, a mom of 3, a grandmother of 6...and guess what??? I'm still sparkly!!!

Life gets more beautiful as the days go along.
WE LOVE ~~SPARKLY~~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Great thread Jet. 47 years old and still going strong. I can't say I have slowed down much from my wild and crazy days since I wasn't ever that wild and crazy to begin with, lol. One thing that I have discovered as I grow older is time definitely does seem to fly by the older I get. I try to remember to take the time to appreciate people and things in my life. Also nothing replaces life experience. Nothing. And us older types do have more of it.
I have to agree here also. This year is one of the fastest years I've ever seen go by... and the ironic thing about time going by so fast is... (((I say the same thing every year))) so it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Did you really mean"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair..."?Yep, you belong in here...this is the place for folks who are old enough to hum tunes from South Pacific....LOL
Awwww hell, ain't it grand to be older to remember great stuff?
Now that is a good one... I didn't think about that tune... but the tune I was thinking about was the old hair coloring commercial ~~I'm gon'a wash that grey right outa my hair!~~ LOL It's all along the same lines though.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #38
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My dear Jet,
I prefer polished, refined, experienced, wise and /or vivacious references myself. Afterall, I have lived beyond that 1/2 century mark. 'The more you grow the more you glow'.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #39
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
My dear Jet,
I prefer polished, refined, experienced, wise and /or vivacious references myself. Afterall, I have lived beyond that 1/2 century mark. 'The more you grow the more you glow'.
dayum! I don't have a comeback...first time I'm at a loss for words.....
Old 11-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #40
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Now that is a good one... I didn't think about that tune... but the tune I was thinking about was the old hair coloring commercial ~~I'm gon'a wash that grey right outa my hair!~~ LOL It's all along the same lines though.[/QUOTE]

that's where Clairol or whomever got their Idea..lol

Tags
age, good news for once, mature