Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #41
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
'The more you grow the more you glow'.
Love this....

Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #42
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any grandkids, but I am AuntieJen and Aunt Jenny, depending who you ask! I was wild running in the bars in my 20s, I was not fit to bring anyone into this world. My sister and some of my friends have had kids in their 40's, but I can't have kids anymore, and even if I could I don't see myself as a very good influence. Laugh.

I love the more you grow, the more you glow!

Jet, I love musicals too, I saw South Pacific live many years ago with Robert Goulet. Fabulous! Have you seen the West Side story revival?

HumV, I don't know about going gray..I am not ready. When I am, I think I will go for blue and match it with all my clothes.

Time does go wayy faster!
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #43
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I don't have any grandkids, but I am AuntieJen and Aunt Jenny, depending who you ask! I was wild running in the bars in my 20s, I was not fit to bring anyone into this world. My sister and some of my friends have had kids in their 40's, but I can't have kids anymore, and even if I could I don't see myself as a very good influence. Laugh.

I love the more you grow, the more you glow!

Jet, I love musicals too, I saw South Pacific live many years ago with Robert Goulet. Fabulous! Have you seen the West Side story revival?

HumV, I don't know about going gray..I am not ready. When I am, I think I will go for blue and match it with all my clothes.

Time does go wayy faster!
No I haven't seen the WSS revival and I'm not sure I would want to. Some things are best left alone in my book. Natalie Wood (w/Marnie Nixon's voice) and the whole cast and direction from Robert Wise. I could listen to "Tonight" and "Maria" and "Blues Promenade " at the dance in the gym, over and over...beautiful. I chose West Side Story as my signature because it connotes my kind of old school.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #44
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
No I haven't seen the WSS revival and I'm not sure I would want to. Some things are best left alone in my book. Natalie Wood (w/Marnie Nixon's voice) and the whole cast and direction from Robert Wise. I could listen to "Tonight" and "Maria" and "Blues Promenade " at the dance in the gym, over and over...beautiful. I chose West Side Story as my signature because it connotes my kind of old school.
I agree that the movie is just perfect! I have not seen it yet either, but may if I get the chance. I love seeing shows live and I want to see if and how they interpreted the angst of the time in which it was written.
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #45
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Glad to see this thread.Thanks Jet. I'm 52, just a spring chicken. Taking care of my parents is aging me rapidly though. It's harder than having a two year old. I'm actually looking forward to my 80's when I get to be the cranky, stubborn old goat.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #46
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thanks Jet for the thread here! I'll be sure to stop by often!

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #47
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Glad to see this thread.Thanks Jet. I'm 52, just a spring chicken. Taking care of my parents is aging me rapidly though. It's harder than having a two year old. I'm actually looking forward to my 80's when I get to be the cranky, stubborn old goat.

Hey there...I know what you're saying. I'm 53 and the roles have reversed with my dad and I. He's so cranky and mad ...and stubborn as hell. My father and I had falling out for awhile over my sexuality...something else he could pick on...but we've reconciled. But to give you an exact idea of my dad...how he sounds and looks and moves and his bigoted vernacular.....Gran Torino totally with Clint Eastwood. It's my dad ditto up and down..not to mention my dad was in Korea.

So I hear what you're saying. Welcome to the thread and free to share whatever/whenever you like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #48
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post

OMGoodness.. I have had the child / parent role switch on me just this year... it is not easy at all to take care of your parents... expecialy when they are still up and able but not quite all the way and have intrusted you with their stuff and well being.

Believe me... I love role playing... BUT NOT LIKE THIS. I don't want to be the MOMMY/DADDY!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #49
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

evening lofters
is a pleasant evening here in the indy area
i have a early morning wake up..want to beat the rush hour traffic.. heh

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #50
BellaOctober1

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

BellaOctober1 is on a distinguished road

Yay! Love this.

I'm 54, and after 12 years, am about to be single again. Should be interesting.

Anyway. Great to see this board and be a part of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaOctober1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #51
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaOctober1 View Post
Yay! Love this.

I'm 54, and after 12 years, am about to be single again. Should be interesting.

Anyway. Great to see this board and be a part of it.

hello bella [_]D

Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #52
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I'm enjoying this thread....reading is fundamental.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 01:35 AM   #53
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

knock-knocking on 48, or 49 ... I forget.

At any rate, I havent celebrated a birthday in ages. Maybe thats why I
feel young, ignorance is bliss.

but then there's that constant noise :
creeek, craaack, groannn.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 03:08 AM   #54
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

Now that I am almost 57, I get softer instead of tougher, I cry more, I hurt deeply, everything is closer to my skin.

I don't recover as fast and any set back is a chasm rather then a crack in the sidewalk. I am more sorry for my mistakes.

I see some things clearer and am less tolerant and more stubborn in some ways. I am less patient with fools, know-it-alls, liars and bullies. I am more patient with people that I love and respect.

I smile from the inside out when happy and cry. I cry from the inside out when hurt. I remember as my Grandparents aged they cried more...at everything...Goddess help me...

I still go out. A lot. I have a full schedule. I drink less but I still enjoy a very active social life. I am taking better care of my health. It may take my hips and knees a couple days to recover but I can still salsa and rumba with hip swaying joy!

I am still a night owl, I still get by on 6 hours of sleep but I love taking short naps in the afternoon. I love the nightlife....

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #55
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
I am concerned with the healthcare system. We all know its broken. I am not sure of what the future is going to bring. It does make me nervous. This week I got a bill from my insurance carrier for $80 for my flu shot. Yep. I almost fell over with that one.

I live a full life. I have a very full schedule. I volunteer, and I also make sure to donate whenever I can. I want to make a difference in the lives of animals as well as people, esp. children.

I am very cautious with the relationships I have now. Some are golden, and some I don't even bother with. I do know that I thank God for my adopted family and my siblings there. I do think about the future and what is in store for all of us.

When my sister, JoAnn, died, a part of me died. I really thought in the back of my mind that she would be one of the lucky ones who would overcome the melanoma. No. That wasn't in God's plan. In turn, I have had to make peace with letting her go. It isn't easy. Not by a long shot. In fact, I think it is a wound that never really heals. I know in 50 years from now, I will still remember my beloved sister, and I will still miss her as much as I do today.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #56
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Now that I am almost 57, I get softer instead of tougher, I cry more, I hurt deeply, everything is closer to my skin.

I don't recover as fast and any set back is a chasm rather then a crack in the sidewalk. I am more sorry for my mistakes.

I see some things clearer and am less tolerant and more stubborn in some ways. I am less patient with fools, know-it-alls, liars and bullies. I am more patient with people that I love and respect.

I smile from the inside out when happy and cry. I cry from the inside out when hurt. I remember as my Grandparents aged they cried more...at everything...Goddess help me...

I still go out. A lot. I have a full schedule. I drink less but I still enjoy a very active social life. I am taking better care of my health. It may take my hips and knees a couple days to recover but I can still salsa and rumba with hip swaying joy!

I am still a night owl, I still get by on 6 hours of sleep but I love taking short naps in the afternoon. I love the nightlife....

I totally get what you're saying and just thought it was me. I'm just turning 51 next month and my emotional state has changed so much over the last year. Softer as I age is a great description. Along with the less tolerant and more stubborn (lord help those that know me). I sleep less than I used to. I'm lucky if I get 3 solid hours before waking up. Thing is, most days it's enough for me. I have to have a week of little sleep to want to nap though. I think that when we go through the change of life (I'm still in it), it's natural to get this way.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #57
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Atlanta 1:17 am EST

I've been on this computer since 12:30 yesterday afternoon. Doing art, tutorials, and conceptual design. I fixed a great cajun soup and cooked up some chicken in apricot perserves and butter. Can't get enough of that.

Anyway just dropping in late tonight; I like the quiet. And I'm proud that I moved through a lot technical art stuff all day and still managed to get a workout in.

I'm waaaay overweight these days an working like hell to get it off.

Anyway Lofters have a great day and if I don't pop in tomorrow, have a nice Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #58
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

good morning and Happy thanksgiving

i had a very big surprise when i got home yesterday.
to a dozen roses

my daughter was grinning when i came thru the door...... heh..
ty sooo much to my handsome truckdriver
im at home and at my mom's. im not feeling to good today , been fighting some sort of bug, with a lot of coughing for the past 4 days. any ways, thank for all the awsome thanksgivng comments,
in my profile... id give some bk but my energy level is runing low right now... and need to go lay down. have a nice turkey day.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #59
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Like many others here, I am getting a lot less tolerant with and and try to spend more time then if you throw in a little for the and hopefully some followed by I am all tuckered out and can only go night night .
It keeps things simple. Life is not so bad after 40 afterall

The old who had to take out eight smilies to be able to post.. LOL

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #60
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Hey Lofters, have a great weekend.

Tags
age, good news for once, mature