Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #41
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Luther Standing Bear Oglala Sioux

1868-1937

The American Indian is of the soil, whether it be the region of forests, plains, pueblos, or mesas. He fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings. He once grew as naturally as the wild sunflowers, he belongs just as the buffalo belonged...

Out of the Indian approach to life there came a great freedom, an intense and absorbing respect for life, enriching faith in a Supreme Power, and principles of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guide to mundane relations.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #42
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Black Elk Oglala Sioux Holy Man

1863-1950

You have noticed that everything as Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round..... The Sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours.... Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #43
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Among the Indians there have been no written laws. Customs handed down from generation
to generation have been the only laws to guide them. Every one might act different from what
was considered right did he choose to do so, but such acts would bring upon him the censure
of the Nation . . . . This fear of the Nation's censure acted as a mighty band,
binding all in one social, honorable compact.
George Copway (Kah-ge-ga-bowh)
Hey my sister..It's so good to see you posting again. Just popping to say hi ,still looking for the right job.Have gone on a few jobs here and there.
TIMBER
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #44
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBERWOLF View Post
Hey my sister..It's so good to see you posting again. Just popping to say hi ,still looking for the right job.Have gone on a few jobs here and there.
TIMBER
It's good to see you here as well, thanks for sharing with us. As for the job well you will get the right one this i'm sure of.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #45
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
It's good to see you here as well, thanks for sharing with us. As for the job well you will get the right one this i'm sure of.
With candles burning and prayers to my Great Spirit and those that help me Im sure to find the right one. And Thankfully that Moon is gone
The Following User Says Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #46
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBERWOLF View Post
With candles burning and prayers to my Great Spirit and those that help me Im sure to find the right one. And Thankfully that Moon is gone
The wolf moon was by far the most beautiful one in a long time, here are the up coming names for the year.

The name came from hungry wolf packs that would howl outside the villages of Native Americans during this particular full moon. The Wolf Moon is also known as the Old Moon or the Moon After Yule.

The name wolf moon comes from the “Farmer’s Almanac” who were Native Americans who kept track of the seasons by giving distinctive names to each recurring full Moon. Here are the other names of full moons that appear on other months.

* January – Wolf moon
* February – Ice moon
* March – Storm moon
* April – Growing moon
* May – Hare moon
* June – Mead moon
* July – Hay moon
* August – Corn moon
* September – Harvest moon
* October – Hunter’s moon
* November – Snow moon
* December – Winter moon.

Full moon craziness

Many people think full moons cause strange behavior among animals and even humans. In fact several studies over the years have tried to tie lunar phases to births, heart attacks, deaths, suicides, violence, psychiatric hospital admissions and epileptic seizures, and more. Connections have been inclusive or nonexistent.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #47
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"It's very hard to do things in the right manner, but as long as we do things right, we are in turn with the Great Spirit."
--Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
When we are right with the Great Spirit, we are right with all things. It is impossible to be out of harmony with anything or anybody when we are in harmony with the Great One. So, if during the day a problem crops up and someone makes us mad, the best thing we can do is talk to the Creator first, ask for His help, then continue our conversation with the other person. In this way, our emotional nature will keep aligned with our thoughts, and we will always stay right with the Great Spirit.

Great Spirit, I ask You to guide me on the Red Road today
Old 02-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #48
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Traditional people of Indian nations have interpreted the two roads that
face the light-skinned race as the road to technology and the road to spirituality.
We feel that the road to technology. . . . has led modern society to a damaged and seared
earth. Could it be that the road to technology represents a rush to destruction,
and that the road to spirituality represents the slower path that the traditional
native people have traveled and are now seeking again?
The earth is not scorched on this trail. The grass is still growing there.

William Commanda
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #49
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

One story of Spider Woman I have heard many times is about the modern day.

It is said that Spider Woman weaves her web that will unite all people on the earth. Some modern day Indians believe the web She weaves is the internet; that funny thing called the world wide web.....www
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #50
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"The ground on which we stand is sacred ground. It is the dust and blood of our ancestors."
--Plenty Coups, CROW
Mother Earth is the source of life and the place all life returns to. She gives us life. She feeds us through our journey and she waits for us to return to her. The Indian way is to recognize the earth as the place of our ancestors. That is why certain places on earth are considered sacred areas and sacred land; this is the place of our ancestors. We all need to reflect upon the earth, the place where our ancestors lived. We need to have love and respect for the earth.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #51
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Beauty
A sea beauty lies beneath me as I soar upwards.
A sea of beauty is in front of me as I soar upwards.
Green and Brown beneath blue and white above.
A sea of beauty which is life.
A wisp of smoke rising upwards,
Voices calling and called rising upwards.
From the sea of beauty beneath me
Into the sea of beauty above me
From temporal to eternal life.

The bird of beauty looks downward.
The spirit of the beauty looks downward.
Man, who lives in the beauty looks upward
and sees perfection.

Then he who lived in beauty looks into the sea;
Then he who sang in beauty looks into the sea
Then he who spoke in beauty looks into the sea
And he sees nothing.

Oh man, who was of the beauty. What did you do?
Oh man, who sang in the beauty. What did you do?
Oh man, who spoke in the beauty. What did you do?
Bird of the beauty, can you give me comfort?
Spirit of the beauty, can you give me comfort?
This smoke which is of the beauty calls to you.

I hear the man of the beauty calling me.
I see the smoke of the beauty seeking me out.
I see worthiness from the beauty coming forth.

I will return Man to the beauty.
I will return in the song to the beauty.
I will return the Wisp to the beauty.

You must keep the beauty now or I will not soar.
You must keep the beauty now or I will not hear.
You must keep the beauty now or I will not see.

Keep the beauty alight with the flames of history.
Keep the beauty singing with the songs of the past.
Keep the beauty speaking with desires of the future.

Then the beauty will be forever yours!

Riverbird Woman,
Turtle Clan, Lenape
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #52
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Four White-Feathered Crows

This story is dedicated to Chief Bill Thompson of the Eastern Lenape Nation who has been an inspiration to me and to many, many others over the years. White Feathered Crow

Many, many moons ago, before the two-legged ones were on the Earth, Rainbow Crow, who was a magnificent creature, with beautiful coloring and a magnificent voice, saved the four-leggeds from the Great Snow, but in doing this his beautiful feathers became sooty black, his beak also became black and his voice became hoarse and ugly. But this is another story. Today, Crow is all black and has as his song, the hoarse "CAW".

Today, one Crow was flying over the Earth Mother and looked down into a stream and saw his reflection. All of a sudden he noticed that on one wing he had four white feathers. "What is this," he said. "What does this mean?" He looked at himself in bewilderment. He remembered what the Great Spirit had told him when he became all covered with black soot. Crow flew away and then returned to the stream and look again upon his reflection and the four white feathers were still there. "I will ask the Great Spirit what this means." And, he flew up towards where the Great Spirit is to ask Him about his new four white feathers.

When Crow came into the presence of the Great Spirit, he called to Him and said, "Great Spirit, look at my wing with the four white feathers. What does this mean?" The Great Spirit looked upon Crow and said to him "It is for you to find out for yourself. But I will tell you what to look for to help you find the answer. You, of all of your family of Crow, are very special in that you will again be able to save your People, not only the four-leggeds and the winged ones, but the two-leggeds also."

The Great Spirit then told this special Crow to return to the Earth Mother and listen for Her heartbeat and then he will find the answer he is searching for. He did this because it is more important for an individual to search for his own answer to a question then for someone to tell him the answer directly.
Four White-feathered Crow returned to the Earth Mother in a dilemma. "Where can I find the heart beat of the Mother. How will I know it is Her's?" Crow was flying around in a circle listening hard to hear the Mother's heart beat, when all of a sudden he heard in the far distance an even beat of the Drum. As Crow flew in the direction of this Drum beat, it became louder and louder and Crow was filled with a great peace. He came closer to the earth and he saw the two- legged ones, the People, dancing in a circle and in the center of this circle was the Drum which is the heartbeat of the Mother. He came down closer and Crow saw the beauty of the People who were dancing and he followed them around the Circle, going from East to South to West to North. Crow flew around again in the same direction the People were dancing - from East to South to West to North and the peace which was within him became greater and greater as he followed the Circle. He felt a wholeness, a oneness with all: with the four-leggeds, with the ones who fly, with the crawly ones, with the two-leggeds. He felt renewed hope.

Crow saw the People in the Circle become one with the Earth Mother. Crow saw the continuity of the Circle as meaning the continuity of the People - that the People would always be one with the Earth Mother as long as they danced to Her glory and were caretakers of Her Earth. He felt renewed hope for all things living.

Then, it came to Crow -- the meaning of the four white feathers on his wing. They celebrated the four directions: East, South, North and West. They were a reminder to him and to everyone that the Circle of Life depends upon ALL the People to care for the Earth Mother and to respect Her and to celebrate Her, for without the Earth Mother we have no life and there is no future for our children. And Crow also realized that the Great Spirit had given him this sign so that he could save his People again as he did once before, so very, very long ago.

OINK, OINK, OINK

A very long time ago, so long ago that there was NOTHING, the Creator looked out into space and created the sky, the sun, the moon, the stars and the Earth. On Turtle Island, which is what is now called the North American continent, there were beautiful mountains, valleys, trees, rocks, lakes, rivers, springs. There was great beauty. It was good. And then the Creator added to this beauty by putting baby animals on Turtle Island. All kinds of animals were put there. And they played with one another, talked to one another, had a wonderful time with one another. The one thing they all enjoyed most was going into the various waters and splashing each other while they cooled off from being warmed by the sun. This was good. Everything was in harmony.

Then the animals got older. They started to notice various things about each other. Fox saw that he had a beautiful tail. He looked at buffalo and saw that he had a beautiful tail. Even rabbit, whose tail was short, looked like a little cloud all puffed up. He was beautiful too. Other animals took notice of what they looked like as they saw their reflection in the waters. And when they jumped into the waters, and played and splashed with oneanother, they talked about how they all looked so nice. This was good. Everything was in harmony.

Then the animals got older. The started to really see the difference in each other. They saw mouse with its long tail was little. They saw beaver with its flat tail had a beautiful pelt. They saw Cougar had a magnificent pelt and tail. They told each other how beautiful each looked, and went into the waters to cool off and to play with each other. And they splashed and they splashed and they splashed. This was good. Everything was in harmony.

Then the animals got older. They started to notice more of the differences in each other and to talk about them, and then they noticed pig. They pointed at pig, laughed at pig. Pig didn't have the beautiful tail of the fox, nor the beautiful pelt of the beaver. All pig had as a little corkscrew of a tail. They other animals thought pig was funny. They started to taunt pig and wouldn't let pig play with them because he had such a funny-looking tail. This was NOT good.

Pig went to the other animals and asked them why he couldn't play with them. He asked them what was wrong. The other animals just laughed at pig and pointed to his tail. Then they turned their backs on pig. When pig wanted to go into the waters to cool off, the others wouldn't let him. They told him that he couldn't play with them, and couldn't use the waters they used, because he was a ridiculous-looking animal. When pig started to say something to them, the other animals refused to listen and told pig that from then on whenever he spoke all anyone would hear would be "oink, oink, oink." This was NOT good.

The Creator saw that pig was being treated unfairly and He made a great patch of cool mud where pig could roll and keep himself cool. It felt so wonderful to pig to be cool again. He rolled in the mud, cooled his skin, and protected himself from hot rays of the sun. It was good. When he came out from the mud, the other animals looked at pig, and made fun of him because he looked so muddy. They laughed at pig, called him all kinds of names. This was NOT good. When pig tried to say something to the other animals, all the others heard was OINK, OINK, OINK.

Then, the Mantantu came and brought flies to Turtle Island. The flies buzzed around the Buffalo, the Elk, the Deer, the Fox. The flies buzzed around all the animals and neither their beautiful tails nor their beautiful fur could keep the f lies away from their eyes, and noses, and mouths. The flies were driving all the animals crazy. They jumped into the waters, but the flies followed them. As soon as they came out of the waters the flies buzzed round them again, and again, and again. This was NOT good. It seemed that nothing was in harmony.

The other animals looked all around. Then they saw pig. Pig was not bothered by flies at all. They looked at each other, then ran to Pig and said to Pig "How is it that you aren't bothered by the flies?" Pig, though he was very hurt by what the other animals had done to him, started to tell the fox, the buffalo, the deer, the elk, the beaver, and all the animals, that it was the mud that was keeping the flies away, and that all they had to do was roll in the mud and their problems with the flies would be over; but all the other animals heard Pig say was "Oink, Oink, Oink."

How foolish we can be when we refuse to listen or turn our backs upon others who are different than we!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doris Riverbird Woman

HOW COYOTE GAVE AWAY THE MEADOW

A long time ago, before the two-leggeds were created; Turtle Island was thought about and therefore became. It was beautiful. Mountains, valleys, lakes, streams: everything one needed to survive in Beauty. Then the Creator put animals on Turtle Island and they grew and were nourished by all the Beauty that was there. The meadows were green and seeds from corn and the berries from the brush were bursting with goodness. The deer was able to graze and to strip the bark from the trees with ease and grow and be fulfilled as he danced his deer dance. The turkey was able to fulfill her needs as well. And the Beauty of the Meadow prevailed over all.

Coyote, who was prowling and cavorting as usual, had heard that the Creator had made other lands. And as he was a curious creature anyway, he decided to go exploring what was on the other sides of the oceans of Turtle Island. He first went to what is now known as Europe and surveyed all that was there. He saw beautiful meadows, and huge trees and very happy animals.

Now, Coyote, was never really happy unless he was disturbing something. I guess it was inherent in him to sometimes see how far he could "push" others. In many ways, Coyote reminds me of many of the People: never satisfied. In Europe, he met horse and had a most interesting conversation with him.

"Horse, you have a beautiful meadow here. Much grass is growing as is hay. But it is nothing like what we have on Turtle Island." Horse just looked at Coyote and continued to munch his grass.

"Horse," said Coyote, "you must come and see what real grass is like. You must come to Turtle Island. You can bring, if you wish, some of your own grass to compare it with what we have on Turtle Island; but I can assure you, our grass is much better, greener, filled with more nutrients than that which you have here."

Horse was interested in what Coyote told him and felt a little trip would do him no harm, so he took some of his seeds, just in case he needed them, and went to Turtle Island and saw the Beauty that was there. The grass was good in the meadows of Turtle Island. But, Horse took some of his own seeds from his homeland and planted them on the beautiful meadow and from the earth came a wondrous grass that horse could not believe. It was very rich and full and horse was happy.

Coyote, in the meantime, traveled to Asia. In Asia he found Chicken pecking away at her most plenteous seeds which were there for her nourishment. Coyote told chicken the same as he told horse and invited her to come to Turtle Island too. And Chicken listened to Coyote and came to Turtle Island with some of her seeds. She, as did horse, found Turtle Island to be very much to her liking and she planted the seeds she had brought with her and there grew a most diverse and pleasant grain.

One day, Deer came upon horse in his pasture. Horse invited deer to dinner and told him to partake of this special grass. This, Deer did and found the grass very good and to his liking. In the same way Turkey was invited to partake of the grains which were planted by Chicken, which she did. And she too also was surprised at how good the grain was.

BUT, all of a sudden, Deer, while he was talking with Horse, started to neigh. And Turkey, while she was talking with Chicken started to cackle. Others who were near heard this and became very worried. What is happening to Deer and to Chicken. We must go to the wise ones and asked them for their help. We cannot let Deer become Horse; nor Turkey become Chicken. It would not be good for Turtle Island.

So some of the old ones approached the old wise Bear and told him what had happened. Bear, in his very deep voice, after much cogitation, said that the old ones were to go and REPLANT the grass and the seeds in the old way. And Bear gave them some of the old seeds which he had been keeping. He told them to go and plant them in the Meadows of Turtle Island. There is plenty of room for both seeds to grow. This way Horse and Chicken can have their grass and seeds; and Deer and Turkey can have theirs. This was done. Deer started to graze in his Meadow and was happy and became Deer again-- didn't neigh. And Turkey stopped clucking like a chicken and started to gobble again as a Turkey should.

It has been said that every blade of grass and every dropped seeds is a ceremony, a dance, a song. A very important part of the Culture of the People of Turtle Island. Let the ceremonies, dancing and signing continue in the spirit of the old ones.

We do not expect Horse and Chicken to become Deer and Turkey. So please, don't expect Deer and Turkey to become Horse and Chicken.

Doris Riverbird Woman
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #53
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Wounded Knee
ODE TO WOUNDED KNEE
It is silent tonight, the moon is red
filled with the blood of the dead.
The innocents are gone, the heart beats not
The Soul is not filled with dread.

The Soul flies high, on Eagle's wings
The Hawk is screeching its song.
The field below is a bloody view
For the buzzards to feed on our own.

But we are not gone, our song still sings
In the mouths of the People left.
And as long as that song sings loud a clear
The Hoop will not be bereft.

Doris RiverBird Woman
Turtle Clan
Eastern Lenape Nation

Old 02-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #54
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

".the spirit still has something for us to discover - an herb, a sprig, a flower - a very small flower, maybe you can spend a long time in its contemplation, thinking about it."
--Lame Deer, LAKOTA
The world today is about hurry up! Get there faster! Work harder, produce more, hurry up, eat quickly, be on time, don't get stressed- headaches, conflict, drink to calm down, go to training on stress management, time management - STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! Go spend 5 minutes with a flower or a plant. Look at it - think about it - look at its beauty, smell it, close your eyes and smell it again. Touch it; touch with your eyes closed. Listen to it; listen to it with your eyed closed. Slow your mind down. Think about the little things. Now close your eyes and pray.

Great Spirit, this feeling of calmness that I have, let me have it all day long
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #55
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
".the spirit still has something for us to discover - an herb, a sprig, a flower - a very small flower, maybe you can spend a long time in its contemplation, thinking about it."
--Lame Deer, LAKOTA
The world today is about hurry up! Get there faster! Work harder, produce more, hurry up, eat quickly, be on time, don't get stressed- headaches, conflict, drink to calm down, go to training on stress management, time management - STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! Go spend 5 minutes with a flower or a plant. Look at it - think about it - look at its beauty, smell it, close your eyes and smell it again. Touch it; touch with your eyes closed. Listen to it; listen to it with your eyed closed. Slow your mind down. Think about the little things. Now close your eyes and pray.

Great Spirit, this feeling of calmness that I have, let me have it all day long
just when I needed help.....I read this post
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #56
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kateri Tekakwitha beatified to become the first native american saint

Interesting to note:

Kateri Tekakwitha beatified to become the first native american saint

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha
Feastday: July 14
Patron of the environment and ecology
b. 1656 d. April 17, 1680

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, Virgin, has not yet been canonized.

Kateri was born near the town of Auriesville, New York, in the year 1656, the daughter of a Mohawk warrior. She was four years old when her mother died of smallpox. The disease also attacked Kateri and transfigured her face. She was adopted by her two aunts and an uncle. Kateri became converted as a teenager. She was baptized at the age of twenty and incurred the great hostility of her tribe. Although she had to suffer greatly for her Faith, she remained firm in it. Kateri went to the new Christian colony of Indians in Canada. Here she lived a life dedicated to prayer, penitential practices, and care for the sick and aged. Every morning, even in bitterest winter, she stood before the chapel door until it opened at four and remained there until after the last Mass. She was devoted to the Eucharist and to Jesus Crucified. She died on April 17, 1680 at the age of twenty-four. She is known as the "Lily of the Mohawks". Devotion to Kateri is responsible for establishing Native American ministries in Catholic Churches all over the United States and Canada. Kateri was declared venerable by the Catholic Church in 1943 and she was Beatified in 1980. Work is currently underway to have her Canonized by the Church. Hundreds of thousands have visited shrines to Kateri erected at both St. Francis Xavier and Caughnawaga and at her birth place at Auriesville, New York. Pilgrimages at these sites continue today.

Bl. Kateri Teckakwitha is the first Native American to be declared a Blessed. Her feastday is July 14. She is the patroness of the environment and ecology as is St. Francis of Assisi.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #57
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

This woman has been kind, gentle,
and has much love,
All of this has been given with
the blessing of the Great Spirit above,
But Great Spirit gave her something
else and she didn't know it...
The Great Spirit gave her
the blessing of being a warrior woman
as now her light is lit!

This warrior woman has come
fully alive today,
She is no longer anyone's slave or prey,
She is taking back her life today,
And those who know who she truly is,
can stay.
No longer will she live the lives of others,
She will give back the blames and responsibilities of others
where it belongs,
For she also has the bear and wolf inside her,
which is now so very powerful
and uniquely strong.

The warrior woman now knows what road she must follow,
For others it will be to hard to swallow.
Her life was taken from her unknowingly many years ago,
And this warrior woman is taking back her life before the next winds blow.

Oh Sister Moon you give me the strength
as a warrior woman to conquer what's on my path,
high above and way beneath,
and the much needed strength to take on the wrath.

This warrior woman is fully awakened and is taking a stand,
taking the problems by the horns with my hand.
I will conquer all that is there,
all and who comes as they dare.

Warrior woman has fully awoken,
and many will see that they were mistaken
in robbing her of her life.
They as a thief, Warrior woman will conquer
and have no grief!

This warrior woman will protect her people, her son,
and those who need her.
If anyone hurts them, look out!
They will hear a GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR,
As they run and shout!

This warrior woman is taking back her life,
taking back the respect that was taken from her
throughout the years ever so slow.
This warrior woman is removing pain and hurt from within the heart
caused by the knife,
from all those who are both family and foe.

I am claiming what's mine, and my dignity,
From those who live in this society of vanity.
I am claiming back in full my heritage.
And as a warrior woman, I am going to clean up
many years of carnage.

For now standing in front of you,
you see this warrior woman... you see me.
Someone special has taught me to be free,
From this day forward for me no more slavery...
Gentleness, kindness, and love is part of me, and so is my dignity.
This is NOT WEAKNESS, as others believe.
But this strength is within me and within you.

I will listen to the spirits and grow,
I will travel in the whispering winds as they blow.
All the work I now do will be for Our People and all nations,
I will protect and guide the future generations.

Now it is time for me to travel on my new path,
As a warrior woman conquering all wrath.
If you ever see and want to meet me,
Please come, and I will also teach and share with you how to be free.

Lady J-Ann
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #58
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

O'siyo Oginalii

Tsilugi

Hello Friends

Welcome!
Tommi and Ol`Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
just when I needed help.....I read this post
It's good to find what we need at the right moment, glad You found it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Interesting to note

Kateri Tekakwitha beatified to become the first native american saint

Feastday: July 14
Patron of the environment and ecology
b. 1656 d. April 17, 1680

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, Virgin, has not yet been canonized.

Kateri was born near the town of Auriesville, New York, in the year 1656, the daughter of a Mohawk warrior. She was four years old when her mother died of smallpox. The disease also attacked Kateri and transfigured her face. She was adopted by her two aunts and an uncle. Kateri became converted as a teenager. She was baptized at the age of twenty and incurred the great hostility of her tribe. Although she had to suffer greatly for her Faith, she remained firm in it. Kateri went to the new Christian colony of Indians in Canada. Here she lived a life dedicated to prayer, penitential practices, and care for the sick and aged. Every morning, even in bitterest winter, she stood before the chapel door until it opened at four and remained there until after the last Mass. She was devoted to the Eucharist and to Jesus Crucified. She died on April 17, 1680 at the age of twenty-four. She is known as the "Lily of the Mohawks". Devotion to Kateri is responsible for establishing Native American ministries in Catholic Churches all over the United States and Canada. Kateri was declared venerable by the Catholic Church in 1943 and she was Beatified in 1980. Work is currently underway to have her Canonized by the Church. Hundreds of thousands have visited shrines to Kateri erected at both St. Francis Xavier and Caughnawaga and at her birth place at Auriesville, New York. Pilgrimages at these sites continue today.

Bl. Kateri Teckakwitha is the first Native American to be declared a Blessed. Her feastday is July 14. She is the patroness of the environment and ecology as is St. Francis of Assisi.
Thanks for sharing this article, her medals are already available, I own a chaplet with one. It's beautiful as was she.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #59
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"I wanted to feel, smell, hear and see, but not see with my eyes and my mind only. I wanted to see with CANTE ISTA - the eye of the heart."
--Lame Deer, LAKOTA
Why is it that some people seem to have peace of mind every day? How do some people remain so darn positive? How do you stay positive if you work or live in a negative environment? How is it that two people can observe the same difficult situation, but one person is upset about it, and other isn't? Two people experiencing the same situation react entirely different. If each morning we ask the Creator to allow us to see with His understanding and with His love, we will open a new way of "seeing". This eye of the heart is a free gift given to us if we ask for it in prayer each day.

Grandfather, allow me to see the world and all things You have made through "the eye of my heart."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #60
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"The first peace, which is the most important,
is that which comes within the souls of people
when they realize their relationship, their oneness,
with the universe and all its powers,
and when they realize that at the center of the universe
dwells the Great Spirit,
and that this center is really everywhere,
it is within each of us."
~ Black Elk - Oglala Sioux ~

Tags