Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Visually, I always have a hard time when the teams are wearing similar colors on one half of their uniforms, whether tops or bottoms. But I stare really really hard, because I want to know everything that happens.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Visually, I always have a hard time when the teams are wearing similar colors on one half of their uniforms, whether tops or bottoms. But I stare really really hard, because I want to know everything that happens.

So... let me get this straight... you're saying it's knowable??
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I am really into it, yes it is all knowable, and if you don't understand a play, penalty, rules etc...Google it! The more I know about the game, the more entertaining it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #24
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I loved football when I played and I love watching highlights, but I can rarely sit through an entire game anymore - unless forced to. lol
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Spirit View Post
I loved football when I played and I love watching highlights, but I can rarely sit through an entire game anymore - unless forced to. lol

Oh then you should come! Here, have some Mt. Dew.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #26
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
I am really into it, yes it is all knowable, and if you don't understand a play, penalty, rules etc...Google it! The more I know about the game, the more entertaining it is.

Fine. Maybe YOU should have dated all the football guys....
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Fine. Maybe YOU should have dated all the football guys....

Ick. No. I was in the marching band, Flag Captain. The only boy that I dated in H.S. was a Quad player...I only liked the Friday night games because it got me out of the parent's iron claws, and me and my best "friend" had "pizza" after the game.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #28
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE football.

or rather...

I love GOING to football games/parties. You don't really have to know a lot about the game honestly. Just shout and squeal when someone that is for your team does. It's a win win.

I'm in a college town where people literally bleeeeeeeeeed the color orange around here. I am less than 3 miles from the stadium.

Bach when my Dad was alive, we had huge football parties at his house. Always full of people screaming and shouting and food everywhere!! It was exciting and fun and you get to dress in your teams colors including hair ribbons, earrings, socks. I have attained so much orange over the years i look like a blinding neon sign when i put on all the garb. Which, without the parties anymore, what's the point.

But, yeah football can be fun.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Ick. No. I was in the marching band, Flag Captain. The only boy that I dated in H.S. was a Quad player...I only liked the Friday night games because it got me out of the parent's iron claws, and me and my best "friend" had "pizza" after the game.
HA - I was a band geek too - in fact, my dad owned the only music store in town. lol
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #30
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

I was just a druggie in high school....

None of the "football boyfriends" were, though. Can you imagine Dom Capers doing drugs?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Spirit View Post
HA - I was a band geek too - in fact, my dad owned the only music store in town. lol
Cheerleader here and married the football "star", but *gasp* from the other high school team. It was totally gross.

I wanted to marry the girl's softball catcher. Now, she was hot!!!!

At least she and i did get rather acquainted.

Maya Angelou
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #32
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Cheerleader here and married the football "star", but *gasp* from the other high school team. It was totally gross.

I wanted to marry the girl's softball catcher. Now, she was hot!!!!

At least she and i did get rather acquainted.

You were a cheerleader?? No way, get out of town!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #33
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
And by "healthy," I mean the regular, green Mt. Dew, not the amped up blue one.
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #34
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i wanted to marry my softball coach.

i think about her ALL the time.

ps i think she liked me too
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
The Super Bowl is on NBC this year. Sometimes you can just pick up local affiliate channels like that by making sure your tv is plugged in and turned on. It is not a PPV event. You can also watch it on your computer streaming it live.
you give the best advice--i especially like the part about the tv being plugged in.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

ESPN or NBC may be streaming it live on their website. If they are and you have a newer computer and a newer TV you can hook up the live stream from computer to your TV.....you would need hdmi (I think that's what it's called) cable to connect puter to tv.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #37
Estella

How Do You Identify?:
Straightforward Femme. What you see is what you get.
Preferred Pronoun?:
We
Relationship Status:
Sadie, Sadie ... married lady.

Estella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST Reputation
Default ESPN

I was on a cruise last year (With my mother. I know.) and had to watch my beloved Packers win the Superbowl on ESPN. Evidently, there are no local networks in the Pacific. Which would have been fine, but ESPN doesn't carry all the nifty commercials.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #38
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

All right, I'm headed out to Radio Shack to check out antennas and HDMI cable. Those people always fuckin' know a little too much--I'll let them take it from here.

While I'm hoping to pull it in locally with an antenna, I can fall back on streaming it through my computer. The only drag there is that it often gets pixilated or whatever and it's like watching football through an aquarium.

I'll report back here re: success or failure. Thanks, everyone, for the help... and the entertainment. Princess, you wouldn't still have your cheerleading uniform, would you?

Last edited by tapu; 01-31-2012 at 10:28 AM.
tapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #39
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
All right, I'm headed out to Radio Shack to check out antennas and HDMI cable. Those people always fuckin' know a little too much--I'll let them take it from here.

While I'm hoping to pull it in locally with an antenna, I can fall back on streaming it through my computer. The only drag there is that it often gets pixilated or whatever and it's like watching football through an aquarium.

I'll report back here re: success or failure. Thanks, everyone, for the help... and the entertainment. Princess, you wouldn't still have your cheerleading uniform, would you?
Oh good!!!! Well, let us know we all wait on baited breath. It is now important that we know you get that game.

Yes, i have a couple. I will not disclose whether or not i can fit into any of them still NOT.

However, wanna borrow one for the big game? I can send one UPS with the pompoms.

Just make sure you post pics please.

Maya Angelou
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #40
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Don't say "pom-poms." Don't even be thinking about "pom-poms" anywhere near tapu. Did you know that "pom-poms" in Maori means "do-not-never-be-touched-to-the-tapu"?