Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:48 AM   #221
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sun

chemtrails not withstanding the Sun was up and out in full force
this morning

my run was meditative I am grateful for the Sun

breakfast smoothie as post work out:

bananas
apples
cranberries (found organic ones)

protein powder
green veggie powder
flax oil
Vit C
a bit of soy milk
H2O

last evening heard an incredible interview with John Robbins the heir
to the Baskin & Robbins company. Its found on the responsible eating
living website I posted the link to it on my last post last evening.

Have a terrific day everyone, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #222
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default shorts run

Short run this morning getting hot now

green smoothie

bananas
cranberries
spinach
a bit of soy milk
H2O

wanted to keep it simple this morning
and it was tasty

Have a great day everyone, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Old 06-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #223
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default great minds think alike

My breakfast jump start was not much different that Grecos, except I used frozen berries and ice cubes, everything else was the same.

I was just outside watering the garden...soon i'll be thinning it. Going into work a little later today, have a Dr. appt this morning.....(just a check up)
It's impossible to get 8 a.m. appointments unless you book them 6 months in advance, or so it seems.

It's awfully quiet in this neigborhood in the mornings now. Then I rememered, the kids are finished with school, so they sleep until at least 11 a.m. (LOL) I'll have to keep that in mind before running any lawn mowers or weed wackers, wouldn't want them paying me back!!!

Went out on a happy hour kayak cruise.(last evening) That was kind of kool. (1 drink limit) anyhow, we went to a marina, they treated us very well, and we paddeled back. 20 people and two guides. Not alot of motorized boats on the water, but many various types of rowers. I saw crew teams, dragon boats, recreational kayakers (us of course) it's nice to see people getting outside and being active.

OK, have a great friday. Be good to yourself, your body will love you for it!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??

Last edited by Dominique; 06-17-2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: typo
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #224
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default cranberries

Now that's amazing YB Yes, great minds do think alike! smiling

Alright tonight

sauteed in grape seed oil

spinach cilantro garlic

green chilies onions

with avocado/cucumber
salad

tea

a side note * I shopped for

tomorrow's juicing and meals

and it was so cheap I had to

do a double take

saving money buying food
is terrific

YB, I noticed the grapes are
in as well as papaya!

Have a good evening Veg Folks

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
My breakfast jump start was not much different that Grecos, except I used frozen berries and ice cubes, everything else was the same.

I was just outside watering the garden...soon i'll be thinning it. Going into work a little later today, have a Dr. appt this morning.....(just a check up)
It's impossible to get 8 a.m. appointments unless you book them 6 months in advance, or so it seems.

It's awfully quiet in this neigborhood in the mornings now. Then I rememered, the kids are finished with school, so they sleep until at least 11 a.m. (LOL) I'll have to keep that in mind before running any lawn mowers or weed wackers, wouldn't want them paying me back!!!

Went out on a happy hour kayak cruise.(last evening) That was kind of kool. (1 drink limit) anyhow, we went to a marina, they treated us very well, and we paddeled back. 20 people and two guides. Not alot of motorized boats on the water, but many various types of rowers. I saw crew teams, dragon boats, recreational kayakers (us of course) it's nice to see people getting outside and being active.

OK, have a great friday. Be good to yourself, your body will love you for it!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #225
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I bought a pretty big watermellon at the farmers market yesterday. I was on my bicycle. So I brought it home in the femme basket. Darn Bicycle was impossible to steer.

The mellon was delicious. I'd say it was semi seedless. So it was in my morning smoothie with frozen bananna, celery tops (did you ever see anyone salt their water melon?) thats why I picked celery tops, and about half a cup of spinach and some grapes.

Grapes are very easy to freeze and they make a wonderful lunch treat. (they are excellent for your heart) While they are frozen, I toss them into my thermos jar, and take them with me. When I am ready to eat them, they are very chilled, but not frozen, and extremely refreshing. A perfect treat on a hot summer day. They are in season now, and pretty inexpensive. I wash and rinse mine, then let them sit out over night on a clean dish towel to be sure the h20 is off of them and then I put them into the freezer in a zip lock bag, right on the stems. It's that simple. I buy way more than I need every week that they are in season, as they freeze well. Mark your freezer bag accordingly, and rotate your grapes. You'll see them for about 4 weeks. But this way you'll have delicious grapes all summer.

I put a scoop of the B pollen in the smoothie and it was very good. Honestly, as long as a bananna is in the smoothie, I've never had a smoothie I didn't like.

Have a nice day, remember to be good to your body....it"ll thank you for it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #226
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default freezing

YB,

Great idea to freeze the grapes! Your right it would give me these wonderful fruit for the Summer.

And glad to hear you enjoyed the mellon. I will get watermelon later in the Summer, am preparing to do a watermelon fast late in the Summer when I get back probably in early Sept before the Equinox.

Another night of working, have my green juice and green smoothie to see me through smiling.

I love that you use your bicycle for your transportation btw.

And I agree, the better I treat my body, the better it is treating me.

loving life, and veggies, Greco

Quote:
I bought a pretty big watermellon at the farmers market yesterday. I was on my bicycle. So I brought it home in the femme basket. Darn Bicycle was impossible to steer.

The mellon was delicious. I'd say it was semi seedless. So it was in my morning smoothie with frozen bananna, celery tops (did you ever see anyone salt their water melon?) thats why I picked celery tops, and about half a cup of spinach and some grapes.

Grapes are very easy to freeze and they make a wonderful lunch treat. (they are excellent for your heart) While they are frozen, I toss them into my thermos jar, and take them with me. When I am ready to eat them, they are very chilled, but not frozen, and extremely refreshing. A perfect treat on a hot summer day. They are in season now, and pretty inexpensive. I wash and rinse mine, then let them sit out over night on a clean dish towel to be sure the h20 is off of them and then I put them into the freezer in a zip lock bag, right on the stems. It's that simple. I buy way more than I need every week that they are in season, as they freeze well. Mark your freezer bag accordingly, and rotate your grapes. You'll see them for about 4 weeks. But this way you'll have delicious grapes all summer.

I put a scoop of the B pollen in the smoothie and it was very good. Honestly, as long as a bananna is in the smoothie, I've never had a smoothie I didn't like.

Have a nice day, remember to be good to your body....it"ll thank you for it!

Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #227
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

It's a little game I play, see how long I can go before I have to buy gas for the car. I'm a tree hugger you know. My father used to say I was born riding a bicycle. We lived in Green Acres when I was growing up and I would just hop on my bicycle and go where ever it was I wanted to go.....this caused the old man grief, and many times he'd come get me in his pick truck and *yak* at me the whole way home about the dangers....(you know, that stuff that is written in every parental hand book) I just ignored him and the next day, was out on my bike someplace......I had to have the bicycle home when the street lights came on. NO Exceptions on that one.

I live in a city that has made tremendous strides to become bicycle friendly (I was part of the advocating) so anyhow, I ride my cargo bicycle
all the time. It's the one that pulls my kayak. Bicycle riding is also very good for you. In fact, I was just trying to do things with my hair because I hate helmet head. I'm trying head bands.....I'm letting all the layers of my hair grow out, seems like its taking forever.......Also, I refuse to pay to park, another one of my pet peeves. Bicycles park free and cars cost 25 dollars a work day......

Well most likely too much info for a vegatarian thread......but once I get started......next i'll be telling you about how awful the pirates played in Cleveland. The Tribe walked all over us. I've revoked Overbays get out of jail card, i'm going to to the Pirate page when I am finished here and start my bandwagon about getting rid of him........he is awful!

I heard that watermellon was good for the kidneys, but had a diabetic (white tigress) tell me it's not good for a diabetic, and diabetes and kidneys usually suffer together......so not sure about that. I know I sure like it, but I will not eat it non stop all summer. I did get this one now, and will get one near rthe end of summer that is grown locally. I replanted my special bean sprouts today......and chopped veggies to make quinoa, and the only other kitchen thing i did all day was make hummus from pinto beans. This time I make garlic.

It was humid like a sauna here, and over cast and grey, but no rain yet.
The weather man keeps saying its coming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #228
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default side note

YB your in a city of intelligent people to understand the importance of making room for bikes.

a quick side note * am listening to a radio show that talks about soy, and how soy is being GMO'ed. So, buy and use only soy labeled as organic and/or non-genetically modified.

I use tofu and use the organic soy only, I don't want any other gene but the soybean in my tofu thank you very much.

Have a great Sunday evening everyone, Greco

Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #229
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default long night long day

green smoothie to work today:

bananas
walnuts
spinach
almond milk

Vit C
flax oil
H2O

kept me going all day and it was
a long day

tonight had

spelt pita bread
portobello mushroom sauteed

chickpea hummus
avocado
red leaf lettuce
a bit of olive oil
and lemon

delicious!

Have a good dinner everyone, Greco

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #230
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

LOL, I just had hummus, about half a bowl full..........

Geeze, I'm going to start pushing my green smoothies on the Pirates Greco, they are getting beat up again...7-0 top of second inning.

Walnuts are a nice protein and a good fat for your heart......

I used to drop a few into my oatmeal when I ate cooked food.

What time did your day start? I made it to the gym by 6:10....10 min later than I like too......I was ironing my clothes for work and became obsessed with a few wrinkles.......spray starch to the rescue. Then I fold everything very neatly and pack it in my panniers for my bicycle, so I can get dressed at work. I change clothes alot (with riding a bicycle almost every place I go).........I also have what I call the emergency clothes, for just in case....
it's just a plain short sleeve jersey (don't call it a T shirt) totally unwrinkleable clam diggers and a pair of shoes to go with it......it will work for most occasions, and it's just in case. Its inside a kayak wet bag, that way it never gets wet.

I dropped my pretty old, but perfect sized cooler today. I washed it out and had it hanging out on my second story deck and I went to get it and sort of hit it, and it bounced on the driveway....~SPLAT~. Bummer.

Sorry your day was Long. Thursdays are really long for me.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #231
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default long day good day

Hey YB,

Let's give some of that green smoothie to Lebron James too!

Yeah, the Pirates could use it...hope they can turn it around
soon

day was long because I worked all night then all day

fueled by green smoothie green juice then had a tasty dinner

off to bed soon

I admire that you ride to the gym I walk over mostly then
back home for a shower and dress for work except today no gym

Now tomorrow I must sweat, love to sweat running on the tread
or elliptical then 30 mins of weights 3x's a week (the weights)

sweat is great for the skin I flush a bit but my favorite part is
the sweat in the early morning gym is full of movement lovers

meaning its not too full but full of people that love themselves
enough to get there before work

working out in the morning is delicious.

Alright, think I'm getting carried away now

have a great evening, Greco (missing sweat tonight) smiling

Quote:
LOL, I just had hummus, about half a bowl full..........

Geeze, I'm going to start pushing my green smoothies on the Pirates Greco, they are getting beat up again...7-0 top of second inning.

Walnuts are a nice protein and a good fat for your heart......

I used to drop a few into my oatmeal when I ate cooked food.

What time did your day start? I made it to the gym by 6:10....10 min later than I like too......I was ironing my clothes for work and became obsessed with a few wrinkles.......spray starch to the rescue. Then I fold everything very neatly and pack it in my panniers for my bicycle, so I can get dressed at work. I change clothes alot (with riding a bicycle almost every place I go).........I also have what I call the emergency clothes, for just in case....
it's just a plain short sleeve jersey (don't call it a T shirt) totally unwrinkleable clam diggers and a pair of shoes to go with it......it will work for most occasions, and it's just in case. Its inside a kayak wet bag, that way it never gets wet.

I dropped my pretty old, but perfect sized cooler today. I washed it out and had it hanging out on my second story deck and I went to get it and sort of hit it, and it bounced on the driveway....~SPLAT~. Bummer.

Sorry your day was Long. Thursdays are really long for me.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #232
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default a belated P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
YB your in a city of intelligent people to understand the importance of making room for bikes.

a quick side note * am listening to a radio show that talks about soy, and how soy is being GMO'ed. So, buy and use only soy labeled as organic and/or non-genetically modified.

I use tofu and use the organic soy only, I don't want any other gene but the soybean in my tofu thank you very much.

Have a great Sunday evening everyone, Greco
Thanks for sending me the link! Love stuff like this.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #233
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default iced tead

I always have a mason jar of concentrated sun tea (green/decafe) baking on the deck. Tonight when I came home and poured myself my concentrated tea over too much ice....(that evens out the balance)
I thought....I may as well make my dinner too....so I dumped my beverage into the blender and added more ice. And another cup of the tea concentrate. Then I added a handful of spinach and blended it like crazy. Then I poured it, over ice and I squeezed some lemon and some lime into it. Delicious, and once again.....no kitchen mess.

Very refreshing. Green tea plus some . I took my vitamins
for the night. (womans ultra mega and b complex) I'm going to bed soon.

Hot and humid here today. Welcome summer!

Old 06-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #234
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Tea

YB,

Sounds great! no I'm not Tony the tiger smiling

Really sounds like something I will try green tea and lime Mmmm

Happy Summer!

Greco

Quote:
I always have a mason jar of concentrated sun tea (green/decafe) baking on the deck. Tonight when I came home and poured myself my concentrated tea over too much ice....(that evens out the balance)
I thought....I may as well make my dinner too....so I dumped my beverage into the blender and added more ice. And another cup of the tea concentrate. Then I added a handful of spinach and blended it like crazy. Then I poured it, over ice and I squeezed some lemon and some lime into it. Delicious, and once again.....no kitchen mess.

Very refreshing. Green tea plus some . I took my vitamins
for the night. (womans ultra mega and b complex) I'm going to bed soon.

Hot and humid here today. Welcome summer!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #235
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I been reading the posts here and I'm very impressed. I want to eat healthy but need some help getting started. I have no clue to where to buy any of this stuff to prepare , how does one get started without getting too overwhelmed?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #236
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

How often do u rotate ur greens? And what ones are better to start off for us beginners...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #237
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Hi Kat, welcome to the thread.....

I don't exactly rotate my greens. I use them until they are gone. You just buy small quanities at first.

Jennifer (scroll down) is also just starting out. This is really easy to do. I use my blender.

If I was to offer a suggestion for basic, I'd say start with spinach, sugar free apple sauce (with or with out cinnamon)bananna's, frozen berries (any kind, blue berries if you can find them BUT ALL BERRIES ARE GOOD), and good yougurt. (I use the one with the big number 7 on it, and I use plain). I don't use low fat, becuase you need a little bit of fat in your diet..

This is basic! And once you master this, you can add on as you go along.

I put a glob of yougurt into the blender (I'm not big on measuring) I just dump. and another splash of the applesauce. (later you will use applesauce you'll make your self, or just use whole apples with the cores removed)
Always use a whole bananna. (When I buy my bananna's, I peel them ahead of time,put one bananna into a cheap ole flip top sandwich baggie, and freeze the banannas) add some berries a hand full of bagged spinach
and either water or ice cubes and turn the blender on for about a minute. The sound will change dramatically when its ready for you! It's that simple.
You'll be shocked how delicious this is. The more you do it, the more you
be willing to experiment. There are good tips in here (posted) for other things to make simple smoothies. You can accumulate as you go along.
If you like the shakes, you will.

I always have spinach, celery, cilantro.....and i grow bean sprouts in 4 window boxes..... I strongly recommend b complex powder.....but if you take a b vitamin, for now that will work.

Just jump in here, and follow along, we'll help you as you go.

You will notice I posted, any smoothie I have concockted that had a bananna in it, I liked. Don't be afraid to experiment. Fresh food completely changes your metabolism.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #238
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quinoa

I am vegan and just started making quinoa...

Does anyone have recipes that they use and really enjoy, using quinoa? I made it and seasoned it a little, thinking it would be like a rice/grain flavor and... by the fourth bite, all I could think of when I was eating it was that I had a mouthful of raw portabella mushroom. I don't even know why I associate that with quinoa, but I had a really hard time finishing it.

Thanks!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #239
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Hi Nina,

I eat Quiona, I swear, every day.....somehow, some way. It's loaded wwith protein and magnesium. Besides that, it will absorb any flavor of anything you cook it with. I stuff peppers with it, I use it in chili, Have tossed it in pasta sauce, I make cold salads with it, I eat it plain.....it's use is endless once you learn to cook it. It's very simple.

I run it through a strainer with running water, what falls out, I don't want. Then, I cook it just like rice. One part Quiona, two parts H20. I wait until the water is boiling, dump in the Quiona and get it back up to a boil, then I reduce the heat half way and fluff/stir with a fork until all of the water is absorbed. This is also a great way to use up any extra veggies you have in fridge, just dice them up and toss them into that water as the water is reducing. It really is that simple. Piece of advice. I buy from the bulk bins too. Put your quiona into the freezer for over night, since it is a grain, it may attract mill worms (sorry it's just part of life) frezzer will kill off any potential for that happening. Enjoy!!!

Oh, if you suffer from migraines, this is a must for your diet....it's better than fever few.

Hope this helps some....or be more specific what you need help with ok?

ETA I POSTED THIS ABOIUT A MONTH AGO TO NINA

Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #240
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:

I eat Quiona, I swear, every day.....somehow, some way. It's loaded wwith protein and magnesium. Besides that, it will absorb any flavor of anything you cook it with. I stuff peppers with it, I use it in chili, Have tossed it in pasta sauce, I make cold salads with it, I eat it plain.....it's use is endless once you learn to cook it. It's very simple.

I run it through a strainer with running water, what falls out, I don't want. Then, I cook it just like rice. One part Quiona, two parts H20. I wait until the water is boiling, dump in the Quiona and get it back up to a boil, then I reduce the heat half way and fluff/stir with a fork until all of the water is absorbed. This is also a great way to use up any extra veggies you have in fridge, just dice them up and toss them into that water as the water is reducing. It really is that simple. Piece of advice. I buy from the bulk bins too. Put your quiona into the freezer for over night, since it is a grain, it may attract mill worms (sorry it's just part of life) frezzer will kill off any potential for that happening. Enjoy!!!

Oh, if you suffer from migraines, this is a must for your diet....it's better than fever few.

I posted this about a month ago. Hope it helps you, if not, let me know

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: