Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #7421
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I’d like to hear from a few more people before we start any kind of sign up. We also need to think about how long we want to work on this. Any ideas there?
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #7422
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, so I looked it up and found this video. I really like her energy and am sure she does a great job as a life coach. I will also likely continue to watch her YouTube content so this is a win-win research moment. Score!

With the way Shainaleis explained it, I now feel more comfortable with expanding the maximum size allowed to 5x7 or even 6x8 (doesn't mean we all have to go that big but it won't take long for images to completely fill a small board/paper/card/etc.). I do feel that 8x10 and larger would be a bit too much for me if it's required but I have no issues if it's just listed as a 'maximum size' and anything else smaller is acceptable. If that's the case, that takes the stress off of everyone that is struggling to create a larger board.

I do have a question about intention. Are we going to be creating boards for the individuals that will receive them or for ourselves? That makes a big difference in difficulty and time needed, I feel. I think I could finish one based on myself faster than I could for someone else but I would need a good sized chunk of time, regardless, as this is very new to me but I love collage and this seems to be collage with intention and I think that's cool.

Initially, my gut feeling was "nope; not for me" but I really feel I could get into this. It doesn't require much in terms of materials: images from magazines or books or printed out from the computer, something to hold them down and maybe some markers or pens/pencils to make it prettier and give it flow. I've got plenty of that so I'm down.

My main thing would be making sure we have plenty of time. As CCB mentioned, it's a work and time intensive project, so if we have plenty of that, I think I can produce something nice for everyone. Who knows? Maybe it'll bring something nice back!

ETA: This is a perfect project for the beginning of the year! Maybe we could check in next year to see how things turned out.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 01-13-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #7423
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, I love your ideas and thoughts about those. I’ll look at the video a bit later but I just wanted to say that I think 8 x 10 maximum size is great! Then people can make them anywhere between 4 x 6 and 8 x 10, your choice.

I would like everyone to have an idea of what their vision might be for this year for them selves. When we do the sign up, you must state your vision for the year for yourself. Everyone will be making you one piece of art based on your vision. This may even bring new ideas to you, within your vision. So at the end, you will have pieces of art to look at and maybe expand your vision based on others ideas/images/thoughts that they used on the Vision board for you.

I don’t think 10 people will sign up, however I’ll limit it to 10.
Yes, an expanded time frame is a good idea since this is a first for many.
What would you think of having the sign-up next Saturday beginning at 9:00 am CST, and ending Monday at 9:00 pm CST?
The due date could be 3/2/19 with grace period ending on 3/9/19. Is that enough time?

Gemme, I also like the thought of checking in with each other at the beginning of next to see if we made our visions realities. Maybe with before/after photos or just posting what you did.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #7424
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Those parameters would work for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #7425
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I like the idea of the size options. Maybe 8.5 x 11 could also be an option for folks. I might consider it if we have only a small number sign up (to do 8.5 by 11, I mean), and of course if it is also an option. The more I think about it, the size options are nice because items cut out for collages can sometimes be big and it's nice to have the flexibility.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #7426
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Here's a shout out to all who might be interested:

We are starting a new pen pal project so if you have never been part and want to try, just chime in and let us know you're interested!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #7427
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Reconsidering....

I think I'll see how many people sign up.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 06:08 AM   #7428
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Gemme, I love your ideas and thoughts about those. I’ll look at the video a bit later but I just wanted to say that I think 8 x 10 maximum size is great! Then people can make them anywhere between 4 x 6 and 8 x 10, your choice.

I would like everyone to have an idea of what their vision might be for this year for them selves. When we do the sign up, you must state your vision for the year for yourself. Everyone will be making you one piece of art based on your vision. This may even bring new ideas to you, within your vision. So at the end, you will have pieces of art to look at and maybe expand your vision based on others ideas/images/thoughts that they used on the Vision board for you.

I don’t think 10 people will sign up, however I’ll limit it to 10.
Yes, an expanded time frame is a good idea since this is a first for many.
What would you think of having the sign-up next Saturday beginning at 9:00 am CST, and ending Monday at 9:00 pm CST?
The due date could be 3/2/19 with grace period ending on 3/9/19. Is that enough time?

Gemme, I also like the thought of checking in with each other at the beginning of next to see if we made our visions realities. Maybe with before/after photos or just posting what you did.
Great!

Most vision boards have several points of interest. When we sign up, should we list the general categories that we'd like to address throughout the year (health, financial, professional, etc) or would you prefer we only list one subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I like the idea of the size options. Maybe 8.5 x 11 could also be an option for folks. I might consider it if we have only a small number sign up (to do 8.5 by 11, I mean), and of course if it is also an option. The more I think about it, the size options are nice because items cut out for collages can sometimes be big and it's nice to have the flexibility.
Good point!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #7429
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Post Secrets

My package arrived today. Mon 1/14 - Thanks everyone.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #7430
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Here's a shout out to all who might be interested:

We are starting a new pen pal project so if you have never been part and want to try, just chime in and let us know you're interested!

This does sound like a good beginners project to start off with. And I know I will have an over abundance of resources for the project.

Let me mull this over....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #7431
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I got my PostSecrets today! Thank you, everyone. They are lovely.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #7432
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

I got my post secrets today too! Wonderful job everyone!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #7433
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

I like the variety of sizes...yes to anything from 4 X 6 to 8.5 X 11. Also I do think it would be nice to have more than one vision listed when we do the sign up. You can list as many as you wish, and when someone is doing yours, they can do one, two or all of them, I’m going to leave that open to the artist.

Is anyone feeling like we should do the signup earlier than the weekend, or do people need time to think? Remember, when you sign up you must list your vision(s). I would allow you to edit the visions you list until the close of sign up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #7434
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I say get it up, with all the required rules and parameters, and close it after the weekend.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #7435
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Sign up will be posted Wednesday evening at 9:00 CST. Sign up will close Monday night at 9:00 CST.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #7436
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Also I do think it would be nice to have more than one vision listed when we do the sign up. You can list as many as you wish, and when someone is doing yours, they can do one, two or all of them, I’m going to leave that open to the artist.
Yes, this is a great idea. That way the artist can hone in on one or decide to do all or somewhere in the middle.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #7437
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I got my post secrets today! They were all great!!! Thank you all.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #7438
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Yay, I received my envelope of secrets yesterday. Great secrets, now who belongs to who?

Side note...my post office loves to eat and sample the packaging! What the hey?

Psst....your secret is safe with me 😉

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #7439
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

New project! Everyone is welcome, you do NOT need any artistic ability, just be reliable and enthusiastic -that's what we care about!
This project is limited to the first 10 people that sign up.

vi·sion board
noun
a collage of images and words representing a person's wishes or goals, intended to serve as inspiration or motivation.
"on her vision board she put a log cabin, a sailboat, a red car, and a butch femme couple dancing on a white carpet"

This is the first project of 2019, so let’s think about what we want to happen in our lives this year…the project is VISION BOARDS! Wouldn’t it be fun to get like 10 mini vision boards in the mail to inspire us to manifest our vision? Everyone will be making you one piece of art based on your vision. This may even bring new ideas to you, within your vision. So at the end, you will have pieces of art to look at and maybe expand your vision based on others ideas/images/thoughts that they used on the Vision board for you.

For examples Google images for “Vision Board”.

Parameters:

• Can be any size between 4 X 6 and 8.5 X 11
• Sign up starts at 9:00 PM CST 01-16-19 (Wednesday) and closes at 9:00 PM CST on 01-20-19 (Sunday) OR when we have 10 signed up!
• When you sign up, you must state one or more of your visions for yourself for 2019. You can edit your vision(s) until sign up closes,
• You must make one vision board for each participant based on one or more of their visions
On the back of your project please list these things: Your name and the person’s name you made the vision board for. EXAMPLE: Made by Nanners for Gemme
Projects are due to me by March 2nd. You have a week grace period but after that, (March 9th) your project is crumpled up and batted around by my cats and you don't get your package of projects that others made you. You also won't be able to participate again for 6 months.
Include $7 for the wrangler with your project.
• Please, no glitter that is not sealed.

1.Nanners: Weight loss, organization of my tiny apartment and downsizing,
traveling, saving money

2.Clay: Start journey to travel in RV

3.Butchie's Mabel: Settling into new life journey in RV

RULES AS AGREED UPON TO BE ADDED AT THE END OF EACH PROJECT:
"For 2019, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2018. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/18, able to participate 7/28/18)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/18, able to participate 8/21/18)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

Please if you are currently timed out put yourself on the list and the dates of your time out because I am not responsible for doing that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM   #7440
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

*smiling and waving at nanners*
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types