Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-09-2019, 09:40 PM   #7601
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

ZENTANGLES....

1. clay (wrangler)

2. nanners

3. GeorgiaMa'am

4. GEMME!!!

5. nycfem/Jennifer

6. CCB

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #7602
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

ZENTANGLES....

1. clay (wrangler)

2. nanners

3. GeorgiaMa'am

4. GEMME!!!

5. nycfem/Jennifer

6. CCB

7. Bèsame*

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #7603
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I’m such a doofus. I’m going to blame the time change for my non functioning brain this morning. I had all the vision boards packaged up and ready to go, all in a bag to carry into the post office...and I drove to work which means paying for parking in downtown Minneapolis so I could hit the post office on my lunch break. Perfect, right?

Not so much when you forget the darn bag and realize it halfway to work with no time to go back to get it. Arghhh! Sorry, they’ll now be in mail BEFORE work tomorrow morning.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #7604
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

So let me make sure I have this right. It's ok to have something realistic in your zentangle and then build the zentangle around that? I haz as an idea....

My Patreon

My Website
Old 03-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #7605
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
So let me make sure I have this right. It's ok to have something realistic in your zentangle and then build the zentangle around that? I haz as an idea....
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think once you put a realistic object in your zentangle, it becomes "zentangle inspired art", a phrase you can search on for lots of examples. It's my understanding that yes, we can do this, according to Clay's instructions.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #7606
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well, clay said this...

3. TOTALLY OPTIONAL!!! You have choice to incorporate an animal OR a sun OR a whatever you wish into the piece.

...so I think you're okay.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #7607
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanks, you two. I thought I'd be ok but just wanted to make sure I was interpreting correctly. I'm really liking my idea so I'm glad that this is the case!!!

My Patreon

My Website
Old 03-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #7608
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

CCB, Georgia Ma'am, & Gemme...you are all correct!

I want the zentangle design to be the primary design, but you may incorporate another design into it.....

I am excited to see what you all do & your interpretation of the project, and I will love all of them........
Old 03-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #7609
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Let's talk about paper

I'm having trouble identifying the best paper for zentagles. I ordered some Strathmore 400 series paper with a fine finish zentangle tiles, but they are thin, like heavy paper, and have a rougher surface than I would like. I have a few of the official Zentangle tiles, but they have a rougher surface. Has anyone tried doing Zentangle or work with micron pens on vellum? I found some 24# and some 67# vellum that I can cut into twinchies. Also, I can't find any twinchie tiles, of any kind, on Amazon. It seems like the last time I did twinchies, I ordered them from Amazon. I just can't identify the right search terms.

Can anyone help with suggestions, web sites, search terms?

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 05:31 AM   #7610
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think that would be super fun, Georgia! I don't see why vellum would present an issue for you. It may be a little slick, but I think it could work. You could also specifically look for hot pressed paper as it naturally has less tooth to it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #7611
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

The vision boards are all in the mail. You’ll get them either on Thursday or Friday. Zentangle time and Goooooo!!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #7612
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I am usuing Bristol paper for mine but it only comes in ATC size, not twinchie. It would kind of be a waste of paper cutting it down but it's SUPER smooth. I did my first zentangle last night with a black Sakura gel pen and the combination worked beautifully.

ETA: I think vellum with a micron would work out well.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 03-12-2019 at 09:49 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #7613
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm having trouble identifying the best paper for zentagles. I ordered some Strathmore 400 series paper with a fine finish zentangle tiles, but they are thin, like heavy paper, and have a rougher surface than I would like. I have a few of the official Zentangle tiles, but they have a rougher surface. Has anyone tried doing Zentangle or work with micron pens on vellum? I found some 24# and some 67# vellum that I can cut into twinchies. Also, I can't find any twinchie tiles, of any kind, on Amazon. It seems like the last time I did twinchies, I ordered them from Amazon. I just can't identify the right search terms.

Hey Georgia....Etsy has the Twinchie Tiles (which was what I put in my search engine) for $7/10 and free shipping.

I think the vellum will work for your project tiles.

I ordered 75 zentangle tiles that are $5.39 and are the Bristol tiles. I like them thus far.

I have all my ideas , just waiting for markers to arrive.....then zentangle here I come..
Old 03-12-2019, 04:30 PM   #7614
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I may or may not have gotten a delivery today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #7615
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post

Hey, Georgia! I just found Strathmore Vellum ATC paper on amazon!!!

It's less than $5 for 20 sheets. I also found it on Blick for about half that. Maybe this could work too?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #7616
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hey, Georgia! I just found Strathmore Vellum ATC paper on amazon!!!

It's less than $5 for 20 sheets. I also found it on Blick for about half that. Maybe this could work too?
Thanks! I will check it out!

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #7617
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I think vellum zentangles would be awesome. Just sayin'.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #7618
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I think vellum zentangles would be awesome. Just sayin'.
Riiiight?!?!

You could layer different images and make a really cool visual as the final effect.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 06:12 PM   #7619
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Guess what came in my mail today?!!! The Vision Boards!!!

They are just awesome. Everyone obviously put so much effort into them. Thank you so much, everybody!

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #7620
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Just got my dreamy package of Vision Boards! I love them all!!!

Thank you to everyone...I am just smiling...ear to ear! Great visions made for me!!

Tags
artists, creative types