Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 03-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #41
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

What's on my mind tonight is all these talking heads and pundits speculating about the Mueller Report!

Why Rachael Maddow felt the need to interrupt her vacation by jumping out a trout stream and her hip waders to break her neck to get to some TV station in Knoxville so she could broadcast live on air Friday evening has me wondering as well!

I'm not picking on her, others did as well including Lawrence O'Donnell.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 04:54 PM   #42
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Noticing Pete Buttigieg is being mentioned on msnbc...he's @ 4%..which doesn't sound like a lot but it's amazing considering a few weeks ago nobody outside of Indy knew who he was
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 12:03 PM   #43
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Pete Buttigieg is getting a lot of buzz. He made 7 million this weekend and he hasn't officially announced. I think that is around the corner.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 01:03 PM   #44
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Pete Buttigieg is getting a lot of buzz. He made 7 million this weekend and he hasn't officially announced. I think that is around the corner.
Buttigieg raised $7 million in two months, not in two days. And he already announced, back in January.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #45
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Buttigieg raised $7 million in two months, not in two days. And he already announced, back in January.
..you're right about the 7 million for the quarter i guess but they made it sound like it was in a weekend...as for announcing i researched it and he did announce an exploratory in late January...and as of today listening to morning joe they were talking about the fact that it wasn't official yet but i will look further into it..now i'm curious!
Old 04-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #46
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default Pete Buttigieg Raised $7M So Far. But Money Isn't Enough for a Spot in the Democratic Party's Presidential Debates Anymore

By NATASHA BACH 1:09 PM EDT
He hasn’t officially announced his campaign yet, but South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg has met the criteria to get on stage for the first two Democratic Party presidential debates, to be held in June and July. Buttigieg tweeted Monday that he raised more than $7 million in the first quarter of this year.

And while Sunday’s first-quarter fundraising deadline prompted increased calls for money from all of the 2020 candidates, it’s not just quantity of money they’re seeking—it’s the quantity of donors.

In order to appear in the first two debates, the Democratic National Committee has added new criteria: Candidates must either earn 1% support in multiple polls or receive campaign contributions from 65,000 individuals and a minimum of 200 unique donors per state in at least 20 U.S. states. Last May, the Republican National Committee voted to disband its debate committee, suggesting that the party does not have plans to host its own presidential debates.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #47
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Pete Buttigieg

@PeteButtigieg
I launched a presidential exploratory committee because it is a season for boldness and it is time to focus on the future. Are you ready to walk away from the politics of the past?

Join the team at http://www.peteforamerica.com .

6:13 AM - Jan 23, 2019
Old 04-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #48
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

just a thought...i hope he announces before Biden......o.m.g. Biden is in a bit of trouble regarding kissing a girl during a campaign...it's likely she isn't the only one...sigh.....men
Old 04-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #49
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Are we sure "the Biden kiss" didn't involve a sister, niece, daughter/in-law, or the daughter of a bereaved constituent?

Let's just make sure we don't repeat some scandal like Gary Hart D-CO 1978-87 had during his Presidential bid. We don't need to ruin anyone else's political career over crap.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #50
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I think one of the nagging things on my mind is the 'tone-deaf' smuggery by people under the microscope in the current WH administration. I mean come on, I don't buy that 'tone-deaf' crap for one second.

Here's what I think: I think there's gonna be a proverbial blood bath of epic proportions. You can't fuck over people, and not get caught or pay the price. And the price, I hope, will be a huge price because if it's not, then white collar crime will look easier and easier to commit, unless the biggo brakes are applied and remedies are doled out. Remedies like making tax evasion artists pay back all the million-billion's of dollars they've scammed from the US. Remedies like enforcing Anti-trust law and prosecuting big business and nameless corporate board and share holders for robbing the daylights out of everyone, when they should have been held accountable all this time.

I have a massive list of grievances a mile or two, or in some cases thousands of miles long; but I'll stop there tonight, because I am guessing lots of others have massive lists of grievances as well.

I'm sick to death of never hearing about how these types of criminal scam artists never get what they actually deserve, punitively.

The last big personality that was held accountable was Madoff; and you-know-who in the WH is eerily just like them (to me, in my mind).

I'm tired of the wretched 'rags to riches' crap that is foisted upon American public and touted as the ultimate goal anyone can achieve. That's a load of Bull-sh*t. I don't buy those long-held myths, or social scripts.

I will believe justice is truly served when the occupants of the WH and their cronies, members of the crooked GOP, are held accountable for every last horrible deed they've done over their lifetimes.

We don't need a proverbial 'Savior' or a 'Hero' or somesuch thing.

We Don't Need Another Hero (Tina Turner, from Mad Max of Thunderdome): That song has been stuck in my mind, for days now.

What we need are people who really care about the treachery being committed against the will of the people and for those people to band together and support the people who care and support the social causes that denounce this type of unpardonable behaviors which hurt not only us in America, but people in general around the world.

That's what has been on my mind lately.

**** Tick Tock, Tick Tock ****

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #51
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Today, and yesterday, I have been listening to a radio station that airs NPR programming, usually the hosts of the radio shows I hear are hosted by Ari Shapiro and another person, but an interesting segment on one of the 'pod cast' like interviews spoke to the problem of "Moving The Goal Posts" -- which is typical of individuals who are terribly controlling, abusive and most likely have a gross case of narcissism. They were talking about WH admin and the usual suspects who've dodged responsibility, don't tell the truth, make demands that are akin to (….). Mostly they talked about how people are polarized by all the vitriol coming from you-know-who. I couldn't help but think of how all these horrid behaviors are like looking upon a mega-case of what it's like to live with someone who has such crippling toxic controlling behaviors and I found myself nodding my head in agreement to much of the subject of discussion.

And then I began to think of all the brilliant people who are working day and night around the clock, dealing with all this horrible stuff in DC and beyond. Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, and a host of other elected senators, mostly Democratic Senators and Representatives in the House and those serving on Intelligence Committees and elsewhere in places of government who are under siege by the crooked GOP and the occupants of what used to be the WH.

And all I could think of, while listening to all this coverage on issues that are of critical interest to every person living in America, and abroad, is when will it all end? What will it take for people to see that it's more than a civic lesson, as observed by every person being assaulted by the crimes committed by that horrid person (s) in the WH and in branches of government? It feels like an apocalyptic end of the world type sh*t show that is stuck on the same fucking tv channel. Dominated absolutely by the lunatic of all lunatics, who can't get enough attention for all the horrible crap they're committing against not only American's but against the whole entire world.

And then I drifted back to Ari Shapiro, and his parents here in town, and how they never probably get to see their son or spend time with him or how he most likely has no life except to report all the news about this horrible situation our nation is enduring.

By the time I finished listening to today's deeply concerning news, I pulled into the driveway, turned off the radio, then coasted to my parking spot and sat behind the wheel, numb from everything I listened to on the radio.

That's what was on my mind today, concerning national politics.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #52
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

I am liking Biden a little more these days...i'm all for the Me too movement but they are getting way out of their lane...and i am becoming disenchanted with AOC...she's mean
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #53
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

you can't just care about the people who look like you, who think like you...you must care about those who are different...we can do it
Old 04-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #54
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I am liking Biden a little more these days...i'm all for the Me too movement but they are getting way out of their lane...and i am becoming disenchanted with AOC...she's mean

I happened to catch her on a re-run of Seth Meyer's. I'm not sure about mean but she's full of herself that's for sure IMHO!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #55
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I happened to catch her on a re-run of Seth Meyer's. I'm not sure about mean but she's full of herself that's for sure IMHO!
she's mean, and very intolerant of anyone who doesn't hold her views..id even say nasty..i know the type
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 06:58 PM   #56
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I can't tell if she's mean. She's getting a lot of attention, and she has shown consistency and poise. I am shocked she has made as few blunders as she has, given the amount of scrutiny she's getting.

I love it that she calls out all the bullshit that is part of the Washington establishment. And I love that conservatives hate her.

One thing I'd say is that she has to realize she's not an activist now. She's a leader. Pelosi keeps making digs at her re that, and as little as I like to agree with Pelosi, I think she's right.

On the day Barr's summary of the Mueller report came out, an Octavio-Cortez quote was making the rounds. She said it doesn't matter if Trump is defeated or not if we don't take on the big money and the corruption that put Trump in power in the first place. She had said it before the release of Barr's summary, but to see that quote the day the summary came out felt like a gut punch.

It does fucking matter whether Trump is president or not, and it mattered very deeply to most of us that day. I expect Democratic politicians to show up and fight back when bullshit like the Barr summary happens. Octavio-Cortez sounded like an outsider criticizing government, not someone we've put in a position to make a difference. A vow to take on these interests would have sounded better than the fatalistic way she phrased it.

Octavio-Cortez also refused to be on a phone call for Democrats that Pelosi organized. I can't even remember what it was about. But I didn't like that. She is a Democratic congressperson. She doesn't seem to get that.

She's put a lot of energy into legislation, the Green New Deal, that she knew wouldn't make it through Congress in order to get Dems running for President to support it. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing, but it also feels a little like fiddling while Rome burns.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:50 AM   #57
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Her name's Ocasio-Cortez. Senior moment.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #58
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

Mayor Pete, is definitely getting known..he posted 3rd in a few polls...which surprised some news commentators...he's the polar opposite of Trump in just about every way and would make a great contrast to what Trump is and has to offer ...but there are still people who i respect who believe Trump could win another term ....i really can't bear that thought
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #59
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Well I listened to (low) Barr's prepared remarks this morning. I found him hard to understand with all that slurping going on and Donald's phallus in his mouth.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #60
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Well I listened to (low) Barr's prepared remarks this morning. I found him hard to understand with all that slurping going on and Donald's phallus in his mouth.
oy it's a mental pic that's instilled lolol