Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #201
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Green Smoothie Recipe For Beginners, Ep227

nycfembbw,

I get my green veggie and berry powder both organic from the Vitamin Shoppe.
They have wide selection of brands. My blender I just got when
my cheapie stopped working remember it a black & decker blender and
not expensive I was able to get it on sale for 25. usually runs about 35.

So, as you can see the blender doesn't have to be expensive at all.
I do have a JLaLanne juicer which is still holding on but soon must
get a new one and will go for a champion which is a bit pricey
about 200. but will last a lifetime and does other things besides juice.

nyc, started this not too long ago and just jumped right in you can do it
as well anyone can

I get my organic veggies and fruit from my local health food store
or Trader Joe's though I do like to support local some things
like the walnuts(organic) I get at TJ's cheaper

I'm posting a video I think may help as well so here goes
go for it you can do it!

she has many informative videos on youtube

enjoy and by the way Yellow Band does a lot of juicing with her blender
so I'm sure she'll have suggestions for you as well

enjoy

finally off, Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
greco (and others), where do you buy your
powders and other items that are not fruit?

and: what equipment do you use to do your juicing?

If someone was coming from never having juiced (like me), what would any of you recommend as the basics to get started?

I have such a hard time starting new things and really need to get my mind around the idea that I can do it!

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #202
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Jennifer, (hello)

I happened to have had a pretty powerful blender. I never bought a *juicer* I've been tempted, but always say, Why? my blender works just fine.

I started doing this just with good yogurt, the banannas that I prepeel and freeze (whey) but you don't have to as Linus explained. One day, I was out of whey, so I dumped cottage cheese in. Loved it. Next time I made that, I tossed in flax seeds. Tasted no different (but I knew flax seed was good) One day I became brave, and used the bananna, yogurt, some ice cubes, and flax seeds and bagged baby spinach. (i tore the stems off, but that's just me) It was great!

Celery, as I was trying to explain...can be stringy, so I try to pull the strings when I break a piece then dice up celery I am going to use so the blender will puliverize it and there won't be strings. This was how it all began for me. It's basically smoothies with some greens.

I am very lucky, In my shopping district, there is an oriental market. I get some things there. I also have picked up goodies at some of the super sized GNC's and then there is old faithful, the internet. If you have a whole paycheck store (whole foods) you can ask around in there, half of the staff at my local whole paycheck are raw dieters or juicers. They'll make some suggestions to you. I didn't stock the house in one shopping trip. I've been on my *raw* and juicing journey for years. So I have goodies to add. My refridgerator and freezer are stocked with some strange items. Just do what works for you. Live food makes you feel pretty darn good, but I still crave cookies

Now, Some veggies don't all break down....beets, carrotts, thats why I suggested the paint strainer bags at home depot. I personally don't like chunky juice. So I dump it into a paint strainer bag and squeeze the juice out. It's just one more step....but worth it...(but thats down the road, first get used to a simple green juice) It's worth repeating this part. If you find you are choking (gagging) these drinks, juicing may not be for you. Eating raw has the same benifits. Juicing is alot faster, and your body will metabolize it much quicker. Do not ever eat bread while juicing or eating raw.......your stomache will ache.

Feel very free to ask us any questions, thats what this thread is for. I'm sure we all go about it a little differently.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #203
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default gray skies green juicy juice

This am before heading out had green juicy juice:

dandelion
cilantro
kale
celery lots of celery
and a newbie
leeks

and about one half H2O to dilute
believe me you want to dilute these
green drinks or you'll fly off like a
rocket!

the leek was new and its powerful
next time will use a half of a half

so my run was exciting being fueled by
such potent Natue

I froze half and drank the other half
before heading out

green smoothie on return:

2 bananas
soy milk
H2O
green veggie powder
berry powder
flax oil great for hair
and skin too
Vit C 5,000mg
milk thistle
Vit D3

and I have to say it is delicious
feels comforting and soothing
after my long run this morning

thinking about many things
syncronicities, watching elders
walking fast, some jogging
still loving themselves enough
to enjoy moving their bodies
with activities they obviously
love it was 6 am on a Sunday
morning

I feel so delighted when I see
people that are living fully
vitally you can see the peace
in their eyes perhaps they
can see mine too

Yes it was a great run

Have a great Sunday, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #204
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

morning, greco! your post was like a poem, wonderful to read!

what is the vitamin D3 for? and when you mention vitamins, are these in powder form?
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #205
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Vitamins

Yes the Vit C is in powder form organic, strawberry flavored
I often have it just in H2O

D3 is the vit our bodies make naturally with the Sun but its
been so gray lately that I wanted to ensure I was still
getting it. With 15-30 mins in Sunlight in our face and arms
we make it naturally course I would recommend that in the
morning or after the Sun passes Noon where you live

enjoy your Sunday, Greco

Quote:

what is the vitamin D3 for? and when you mention vitamins, are these in powder form?

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #206
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

If I may jump in here. A good multi vitamin should be all you need, unless you know you are in need of a little more help. You pee vitamins out. The best way to get vitamins is through food.

I know I am a high enery endorphine junkie. Endorphines can be positive or negative. (positive for me, because I'm so vain) so the B family is essential. (supplemental)

D-3 is a nice helper in areas that do not get sunshine frequently and especially in the winter (i/e seasonal depression). People who use total sun block may want to consider taking a d-3 supplement, similar to how plants need water and sunshine for osmosis, so does the human body.

I take GNC's womens ultra mega, and have since the beginning of time. But I recently read an article that rated centrum and Targets' Up and Up brand very high. Huge difference in the price too. I'm considering changing.

Redundant, try to get your vitamins from food. One orange is a third of your vitamin c requirement. In fact, mandarin oranges (the smaller ones)
one of those is half. Please do not drink store bought juice. Loaded with sugar. Eat the fruit instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #207
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default One more thing about vitamins

I was thinking about this while I was the baseball game, why didn't I say this.....

Because you pee out your vitamins....I take mine at night. I don't usually get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, so the few vitamins that I may take, get a chance to be absorbed longer......

ok, thats all for now.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #208
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Homemade Greek Yogurt

Ok, so I haven't read through this thread at all, so if there is another recipe posted, I don't know about it.

tf made this this weekend and it is freakin' fantastic. The best greek yogurt I have tasted. I added a teaspoon of Smuckers Red Raspberry Jam and it is perfect (but, if you like plain yogurt, it was great, as is!). She used cow's milk.

It is from kitchendaily.com

Homemade yogurt requires surprisingly little prep and keeps in the fridge for a month.

Ingredients:
1 quart(s) whole goat's, sheep's or cow's milk
2 tablespoon(s) plain full-fat yogurt, with live active cultures

Serves: 8

Directions:
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons of milk into a bowl and stir in the yogurt.

2. In a saucepan, bring the remaining milk to a boil. Let stand off the heat without stirring, until it registers 100° on an instant-read thermometer, about 15 minutes; a skin will form on the surface.

3. Using a table knife, make a small opening in the skin and carefully pour the yogurt mixture into the milk in the saucepan. Cover the pot with a kitchen towel and transfer to an oven. Turn the light on and close the oven door. Let stand for 16 hours.

4. Using a skimmer or slotted spoon, lift off the skin and discard it. Carefully ladle the yogurt into a sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth and refrigerate until much of the whey is drained and the yogurt is thick, at least 4 hours. Transfer the yogurt to a bowl and serve.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #209
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default food for breakfast

I had food this morning (bunny food) but still good.

I had nice big arrugola leaves. Arrugola is slightly peppery and mildly bitter
(to me) but the leaves are big and are pretty flat, so I use them as wraps.

I smeared roasted red pepper hummus (that I made out of chic peas and red peppers) that I roasted on the burners of the stove, simple, just a little messy.....then I put the window box bean sprouts/ these ones are exotic sprouts. They take 10 days to grow, so I grow them in a seperate planter and they only last 4 days, so i"ll be eating them for the next 4 days. Anyhow, the exotic sprouts are garlic, leak and onion. MMM right(?)
tons of protein and fiber in this. And refreshing and crunchy. I ate one. Drank a glass of water.......and thought, I want another one....so low in calories (NOT that I count calories) I had another and now I feel satisfied. I've packed enough for two for lunch and a chopped up mango for snack (mid morning and mid afternoon) . I don't pre make the wrap, I make them as I eat them. It's just a bunch of baggies or containers if you prefer.

Hmmm. Remember to be good to your body. It will love you for it!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #210
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Besides what greco and Yellow band said about Vit D, it also helps your body absorb calcium. That is why many calcium tablets come with D now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
If I may jump in here. A good multi vitamin should be all you need, unless you know you are in need of a little more help. You pee vitamins out. The best way to get vitamins is through food.

I know I am a high enery endorphine junkie. Endorphines can be positive or negative. (positive for me, because I'm so vain) so the B family is essential. (supplemental)

D-3 is a nice helper in areas that do not get sunshine frequently and especially in the winter (i/e seasonal depression). People who use total sun block may want to consider taking a d-3 supplement, similar to how plants need water and sunshine for osmosis, so does the human body.

I take GNC's womens ultra mega, and have since the beginning of time. But I recently read an article that rated centrum and Targets' Up and Up brand very high. Huge difference in the price too. I'm considering changing.

Redundant, try to get your vitamins from food. One orange is a third of your vitamin c requirement. In fact, mandarin oranges (the smaller ones)
one of those is half. Please do not drink store bought juice. Loaded with sugar. Eat the fruit instead.
When I was on chemo this winter I took B complex to help with my immune system. As some of you might not know, chemo really knocks down the immune system. I did not have one single sniffle this winter even with being in a small office 9 hours a day and with the door shut with people who had colds and other illnesses, at any given time.

The brand that I used was through Shaklee. I chose this brand due to reading about the B vitamins that are supposedly best for the immune system per this book I was reading on cancer). Shaklee was the first comany that I found that had all of the B Vitamins suggested in one pill. The good thing about B Vitamins is that they are excreted through urine, so you don't need to worry about taking too much of any one B Vitamin.

Hope it is ok I am jumping in on this discussion.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #211
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hope it is ok I am jumping in on this discussion.
Absolutely! We learn from one another. Thanks for *jumping in*.

I'm going to try the yogurt suggestion! Essentially, it's growing your own....live cultures are the key.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #212
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Welcome

Welcome DapperButch I'm pretty new here myself
have read the thread and learned a lot about eating vegetarian
and vegan

Lots of encouragement from the people here as well, so
welcome share all you'd like we could all use new
information

Today new experiment smoothie: see nycfembbw
its fun to experiment with these smoothies

2 bananas = base
2apples first time
frozen green juicy juice
from yesterday

a bit of soymilk=silk
H2O
flax oil
Vit C 5,000mg
Milk thistle

delicious experiment successful

tonight will sauteed some broccolli
with sweet potatoes, garlic, onions

My body is losing weight though that
is not why I'm vegan now My body is
doing its thing and its good feel clear
strong light on my running feet

time for dinner until later or in the morning

enjoy your evening, Greco

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #213
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

BB and I just ordered the Kitchen Aid 5 speed blender from JC Penny (we had a coupon, woo hoo). Can't wait to break it in
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #214
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Sun and Green

Gratitude is what I felt this morning as I walked to
the gym

grateful I can walk see hear smell taste
grateful I can sense feel love give love
grateful the gorgeous colors of flowers
are all exploding/blossoming out
grateful for well I could go on and on

grateful for a chance to create this
new chapter in my life grateful so
eternally grateful for all the beauty
and grace of love that I was
embraced by before and though
it has ended here I take with me
all the best from it

yes grateful for the ability to be
grateful

May the Sun warm all of you today
with its rays of good health, and
passion for life

This morning's smoothie

bananas
apples
lemon
green juice
protein powder
Vit C
flax oil
Vit D3

taking walnuts that I soaked overnight
w/raisins to work for a snack

for work:
green juicy juice

enjoy your day everyone,

Greco

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #215
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
BB and I just ordered the Kitchen Aid 5 speed blender from JC Penny (we had a coupon, woo hoo). Can't wait to break it in

I love my blender (hope you do too Jenn) I'm one of those people who keep my counters uncluttered. But the blender is always out!

Its a nothing special blender, I bought it at Sam's I bet ten years ago. It's pretty industrial looking (commercial) what ever word, I think you know what I mean. I'm sure thats why I bought it.

Greco, how are you liking apples in your juice? Better than you thought ha?

I will finish off the special sprouts tonight.

I have two rooms that get southern exposure. Nice big double hung windows in there. A friend suggested I hang shelves in the window framing and plant herbs and what not in these plantar boxes. After I got over the heart attack from some one suggesting I put holes in the wall, It turned out to be a great idea......I rotate the window boxes each time I water.
Hence fresh herbs on hand and always bean sprouts.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #216
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Evening

Hey Veggie People,

nyc hows the new juicer? YB, actually the apples gave it a clean flavor,
sweet, and a bit tart very refreshing. So you love your blender. I was
actually thinking of naming mine! smiling

so interesting night so far, dinner?

sauteed spinach, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic
w/slice of Ezekiel bread

tea

Have a good night, Greco

Quote:
I love my blender (hope you do too Jenn) I'm one of those people who keep my counters uncluttered. But the blender is always out!

Its a nothing special blender, I bought it at Sam's I bet ten years ago. It's pretty industrial looking (commercial) what ever word, I think you know what I mean. I'm sure thats why I bought it.

Greco, how are you liking apples in your juice? Better than you thought ha?

I will finish off the special sprouts tonight.

I have two rooms that get southern exposure. Nice big double hung windows in there. A friend suggested I hang shelves in the window framing and plant herbs and what not in these plantar boxes. After I got over the heart attack from some one suggesting I put holes in the wall, It turned out to be a great idea......I rotate the window boxes each time I water.
Hence fresh herbs on hand and always bean sprouts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #217
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default green juice

working at home this morning missed my walk
to the gym but the Sunrise was gorgeous
and reminded me of what is truly important
in this life.

green smoothie for breakfast:

bananas
apples
spinach

green juice powder
berry powder
aloe vera

a bit of soy milk
H20

last night green juice from

kale
celery
cilantro
leeks a half of a half

fueled my night's work

This morning's cool sunny

have a nice day veggie people

Greco

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #218
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Greens and Glass

Break time sometimes the vital life force of
green leafy veggies feels like this in my body

everything translates into life if I let it

green = vital life force = creativity = music = Glass = violins =

Yo Yo Ma = cello = smiling

Have a great afternoon friends, Greco

Old 06-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #219
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

That was nice. Eating right, does help you achieve balance in your life. It gets you back to your inner wisdoms. I'm worth it.

Thank you for sharing Yo Yo Ma with us./ YB

Last edited by Dominique; 06-15-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #220
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default responsible eating and living . com

Don't mention it YB, you know I love music and green juices

Anyway, here's a link to a new non-profit green website. I listen to this
lady on Sunday's on the computer tons of interviews and incredible latest
information for live food people so check it out

http://responsibleeatingandliving.com/

Have a lovely evening everyone, Greco

Quote:
That was nice. Eating right, does help you achieve balance in your life. It gets you back to your inner wisdoms. I'm worth it.

Thank you for sharing Yo Yo Ma with us./ YB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: