Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1061
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
Called for results today and they said the tech still has my x-rays..grrr
It will be sometime within the week.
I hate the waiting process.
Either way, todays a new day and I have work so this will have to be set aside so I don't go nuts..ha

Have a great day everyone. And stay strong.
Funny how a vacation or a fun day can fly by so fast, but waiting can make time DRAG on.

deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #1062
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I need some of that damn inner peace right now! lol

Friday is the quarterly tumor marker blood work. Will this ever be easy on the nerves?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #1063
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_U_taunt View Post

Friday is the quarterly tumor marker blood work. Will this ever be easy on the nerves?
Deb, for me , the yearly ct scans never got easy--well. the scan was no problem but waiting for the results was nerve wracking. After waiting a week for my doctor to call with the results I was a basket case so the next year I made arrangements with the imaging facility to pick up a copy of the results the day after my tests. That was a lot easier for me. I will be thinking of you and awaiting good news. Your friend, Jean
Old 09-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #1064
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I don't know the answer to that. Am I correct in assuming that the result will tell you for certain you have cancer in your body (I know that sounds like a dumb question)?

I honestly don't get too anxious when I get a CAT scan because I know the tumor has to be a decent size before it will show up (in my case). So, I never trust the scan. I find it to be meaningless. I think I have talked about this before.

ANYWAY, I am pretty certain that it is different in your case! I think that if I were in your shoes I would feel great anxiety, but great relief when it came back clear! I would guess that over time continuing to get an "all clear" result each time that your anxiety will decrease? Will you ever no longer have to do it quarterly?

The thing to keep in mind, deb is that you do everything that you can to keep yourself free of cancer. I know that like me, you believe in the power of eating a certain way/supplements. Every day you continue to create a inhospitable place for cancer to grow. Try to take solace in that fact. The research continues to show that you are cutting your chances down BIG TIME!

Let us know right away! I will be thinking of you!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #1065
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thank you Jeano!
Only one time did I leave without the results in my hand. I sat on the website WAITING for the results to post! Part of the stress has been, it takes a few tries to get a vein, but has gotten easier to give the blood. Veins seem to be healing and the nurse hit a vein the first time the last time. That takes a lot of the stress out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjeano View Post
Deb, for me , the yearly ct scans never got easy--well. the scan was no problem but waiting for the results was nerve wracking. After waiting a week for my doctor to call with the results I was a basket case so the next year I made arrangements with the imaging facility to pick up a copy of the results the day after my tests. That was a lot easier for me. I will be thinking of you and awaiting good news. Your friend, Jean
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #1066
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thank you Dapper

I feel almost the same about the blood work. Its not really going to catch it if its really early stages. They check organ function and for cancer cells.
I do eat healthy and have been working with a nutritionist. I have lost enough weight I needed a new wardrobe. lol
I think its next year its moved to every 6 months. It would help the stress if I didn't have walk past everyone in chemo to check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I don't know the answer to that. Am I correct in assuming that the result will tell you for certain you have cancer in your body (I know that sounds like a dumb question)?

I honestly don't get too anxious when I get a CAT scan because I know the tumor has to be a decent size before it will show up (in my case). So, I never trust the scan. I find it to be meaningless. I think I have talked about this before.

ANYWAY, I am pretty certain that it is different in your case! I think that if I were in your shoes I would feel great anxiety, but great relief when it came back clear! I would guess that over time continuing to get an "all clear" result each time that your anxiety will decrease? Will you ever no longer have to do it quarterly?

The thing to keep in mind, deb is that you do everything that you can to keep yourself free of cancer. I know that like me, you believe in the power of eating a certain way/supplements. Every day you continue to create a inhospitable place for cancer to grow. Try to take solace in that fact. The research continues to show that you are cutting your chances down BIG TIME!

Let us know right away! I will be thinking of you!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #1067
pynkkameleon

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi

pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation

Checking in on some of my favorite people around... It's been ages since I posted last but I do peek in from time to time to see how everyone is. Same ol', same ol' with me for the most part. I just hit my "3 years since my last treatment" mark and have officially been moved from seeing the Onco every 3 months to every 6. A big milestone in my book

Sending all of you much love and positive energy.

Don't define your world in black and white..

There is so much hiding amongst the greys

❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #1068
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkkameleon View Post
I just hit my "3 years since my last treatment" mark and have officially been moved from seeing the Onco every 3 months to every 6. A big milestone in my book

Sending all of you much love and positive energy.
Awesome! Congrats!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #1069
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

white cell, some lymph counts are all low. more labs tomorrow. love this crap shoot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #1070
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default We move on.~~~

Hello to the Thread Readers and supporters, .It's been a while since I posted
I posted this in the What Are You Thankful For thread, and realized, it had a home here too.

Cancer Support is so important. With it, I breezed through three months of radiation treatment, tests, and occasionally fast moving side effects.

With A new wonderful lover at my side, or just a phone call away during working hours, she kept my mind and body happily occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I am thankful to be where I am today. I am strong, courageous and alive, and in love. I am thankful for the love that came along at one hella time. We weren't lookin and Cupid hit us both. I am thankful I didn't get furloughed. So many many things...*
just a few

Celebrations and dates are funny things. We remember things by calendar days, lengths of time. birthdays, marriages, separations, when we met. I had uterine cancer 9 years ago May 15,

A wonderful woman who has taken me by surprise came into my life on Father's Day, 4 months ago. Two days after that I found out I may have recurring uterine cancer from 9 years ago. "Suspicious cells from a pap smear" or as I said my prostate was actin' up.. I went through the PET scans, and blood and other imaging tests and was silent until it was confirmed. When I told her, and said the recommended radiation for 3 months, she said, well, no big thing, we can get through this together. So we will have another 9 or more years, so let's just do it.

I could have had my "targets" tattooed, but I chose not to, so had spots glued on instead. No biggee she said.

She said , so let's get matching tattoo's. MY very first one...the Kanji symbol on my signature line which I have had for a very long time is now on my bicep., she has the other two symbols on her right hip. We Celebrated our tattoo's at Bennihanna's, where the manager blushed and grinning said..Ohhh..you the Boss, ..she Ummm, the Bosses girl ...Yea, sorta

I took a break from treatment in Sept, and we went to Little Rock and had the greatest time with the family full of love and orneriness, and we were loved and cared for by so many. Thank you to...all.

5 days a week I had external radiation to my pelvis since the end of August (except for 3 days when we escaped to be with Chosen Famiy. We took off for the Reunion )

She went with me that week to celebrate as two of the women in our "Dorm" finished breast radiation treatment. They brought donuts and brownies and laughed about life. I gave them daffodil bulbs to plant and watch for in the spring. We were all thankful to be there. A Club we didn't want to join, but are lifetime members.

Yesterday was the second of three weekly internal treatments.

One week to go. One more brachytherapy treatment next Wed.

Celebrate: We are going to Coronado Island Resort to celebrate the beautiful sunset tomorrow night, and go to a party in San Diego.

I Celebrate life every day cuz, damn it can just get away from you like the sand in an hourglass.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #1071
pynkkameleon

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:

pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation

Tommi,

Thank you for sharing. I was so moved by what you wrote, for many reasons.

We DO move on.. No matter what life throws our way. We have to. I try to remember and live that that every day but every once in a while I need that swift kick in the rear. I thank you for that reminder.

I am so happy for the love that has come into your life. I love that you got tattoos together to mark this time in your journey. Your post leaves me with a smile. Not because of your recurrence but because of your love for life. It's a beautiful thing.

❤❤❤❤❤
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #1072
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

So I guess I should give an update but it really isn't one.
I have been so beside myself over this I didn't even know what to post.
I am being seen in a clinic that helps people who don't have medical currently. For now atleast.
The did the chest xray for the lung nodules..for the second time.
And when I called for results, was told my lungs are perfect.
I didn't understand why they would say that considering I have emphysima and nodules.
Well come to find out, the tech wasn't informed apparently what she was looking for. And assumed it was for something else.
4 weeks I waited to hear I have to wait more..wow was I ticked.

Long story short, I am working on getting it fixed or I will have to pay the old doc to read them and compare xrays.
I am much less upset now so again, I am working on finding out this run of tests results.
Will let you know when I do.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #1073
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
So I guess I should give an update but it really isn't one.
I have been so beside myself over this I didn't even know what to post.
I am being seen in a clinic that helps people who don't have medical currently. For now atleast.
The did the chest xray for the lung nodules..for the second time.
And when I called for results, was told my lungs are perfect.
I didn't understand why they would say that considering I have emphysima and nodules.
Well come to find out, the tech wasn't informed apparently what she was looking for. And assumed it was for something else.
4 weeks I waited to hear I have to wait more..wow was I ticked.

Long story short, I am working on getting it fixed or I will have to pay the old doc to read them and compare xrays.
I am much less upset now so again, I am working on finding out this run of tests results.
Will let you know when I do.
Lady Pamela,

Sorry the whole thing is such a mess. That is horrible for a person to go through. I would suggest doing what you can to get the original doctor to compare the x-rays. If not, make sure who ever reads them has the old x-rays for comparison.

Take care.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #1074
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default New Life Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkkameleon View Post
Tommi,

Thank you for sharing. I was so moved by what you wrote, for many reasons.

We DO move on.. No matter what life throws our way. We have to. I try to remember and live that that every day but every once in a while I need that swift kick in the rear. I thank you for that reminder.

I am so happy for the love that has come into your life. I love that you got tattoos together to mark this time in your journey. Your post leaves me with a smile. Not because of your recurrence but because of your love for life. It's a beautiful thing.
Thank you so much for this post Pynk.

Tomorrow at 9AM will be the last Brachtherapy treatment. My girl is on a business trip across the country, my BFF's are vacationing in Paris, so, I knew I could come here, because the Planet is a place we can share.

The support from those I told about this has been wonderful. The smile kaijira gives me has taken it all away, and believe it or not, I looked forward to the appointments everyday. I knew iI had to do it, and just get it over with. So, we planned something for every weekend since August to be together and make sure I got that big smile, and we enjoyed the heck outta life.

We did, we are, and , next weekend we will celebrate radiation therapy being OVER. Camping in Malibu at a Shamain ritual... ( My first and which she is doing part of the ceremony) ..so, a new chapter , hell no.

This is a whole new book. So, guess I will have to start writing again
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #1075
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Wow, Tommi, I had no idea you were going through all of that. I made the assumption when you didn't come back to the thread that things were clear. I should have asked. I tend to "hide out"/slink away/whatever fits here, too when I get bad news, so I should have thought about that and asked! Sorry, brother.

I didn't tell hardly anyone I had cancer prior to my colon resection. I had a whole week and only told my best friend and the people who had to know at my work.

I am very, very glad that you shared with us now. It is fantastic that you had a new love by your side through all of this. I know it would have been much harder for me if I didn't have my partner.

It sounds like you went through a lot. I am so glad you are on the other side.

Please take good care of you!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #1076
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I am loving this mastectomy cover up!

Deb, for some reason I keep going back to this picture. It really is very beautiful. I think what makes it "work" so well too, is the band she has on her arm. Somehow it makes it "flow".

I am not a person who is big on tattoos. I tend to think that most are unattractive, but this is just fantastic. Fantastic!

Old 10-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #1077
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Wow Tommi, so glad to hear you have so much love and support during this bump in the road. Hope you are getting your strength back quickly.
HUGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Thank you so much for this post Pynk.

Tomorrow at 9AM will be the last Brachtherapy treatment. My girl is on a business trip across the country, my BFF's are vacationing in Paris, so, I knew I could come here, because the Planet is a place we can share.

The support from those I told about this has been wonderful. The smile kaijira gives me has taken it all away, and believe it or not, I looked forward to the appointments everyday. I knew iI had to do it, and just get it over with. So, we planned something for every weekend since August to be together and make sure I got that big smile, and we enjoyed the heck outta life.

We did, we are, and , next weekend we will celebrate radiation therapy being OVER. Camping in Malibu at a Shamain ritual... ( My first and which she is doing part of the ceremony) ..so, a new chapter , hell no.

This is a whole new book. So, guess I will have to start writing again
Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #1078
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Wow, Tommi, I had no idea you were going through all of that. I made the assumption when you didn't come back to the thread that things were clear. I should have asked. I tend to "hide out"/slink away/whatever fits here, too when I get bad news, so I should have thought about that and asked! Sorry, brother.

I didn't tell hardly anyone I had cancer prior to my colon resection. I had a whole week and only told my best friend and the people who had to know at my work.

I am very, very glad that you shared with us now. It is fantastic that you had a new love by your side through all of this. I know it would have been much harder for me if I didn't have my partner.

It sounds like you went through a lot. I am so glad you are on the other side.

Please take good care of you!
I tend to hole up and slink away myself. Today (in an hour) I have a bone marrow biopsy. I had only told a few. Scared.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #1079
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I tend to hole up and slink away myself. Today (in an hour) I have a bone marrow biopsy. I had only told a few. Scared.
Oh, shit, deb. Please come back and share. Good thoughts sent to you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #1080
pynkkameleon

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:

Deb,

I always seem to be a day late :/ Sending lots of positive energy and tight but gentle hugs your way. XOXO

❤❤❤❤❤
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post: