Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Simplify, simplify. ~ Thoreau

So as I am sorting through enough photographs to wallpaper the Lincoln Memorial and the stacks of books that would rival a small town library...I ponder...how did it get like this? This 'abundance' has moved from a blessing to a curse. So hence...this thread has been born. At 2 AM this Wednesday I am going to start my own process of simplifying my life...be it tangible or intangible.

Here's the jest...What two things can YOU do to simplify your life right now?

For example: Gather up all your old magazines (the one's you set aside for a year or so) and take them to an Assisted Living Facility just down the road.

Hang a magnetic list/pad on the frig. so when you run out of something you can write it down right away instead of making 4 extra trips to the grocery...

Okay...here is what I am doing:

1. I have sorted through all of my books and will be taking them (maybe close to 200 books sans my Butch-Femme erotica) to our independent bookstore so they can send them onto the Books for Prisoners Program.

2. I have compiled all my warranty paperwork on stuff I own and put it in a 3 ring binder for easy access.

Please share your ideas...
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting timing for this thread. Thank you! One of my birthday goals has been to simplify my life and let go of the clutter. I am in the process of moving. I've decided to get rid of the excess weight, let go of the past and make room for my future. So for this move I am doing doing several things but two major steps are:

1. Sorting, filing and shredding/recycling three boxes (and counting) that just have just gone with me from place to place. Some things just do not need to be kept!

2. Donating 100 books (and counting). I will have to see who does the Books for Prisoners program where I live. That's a good idea. Thanks

I'm looking forward to reading what others are doing.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

One thing that worked for me:

When I decided to finally get to my Dad's room and redo it, I emptied everything out of it...to the dining room/gathering space....THEN, I would be forced to deal with it. I redid the room ~ NOW called The Red Room (See Gallery for before & after shots) ~ and put the things in there I wanted.....sans clutter!

It was SO liberating!

And I'm whittling away at the crap in the dining/gathering space....it has wound up filed away, thrown away or given away, but not back in The Red Room!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

In keeping my clothes closet as minimal as possible, I'm pretty good with the adage, "If you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it." There's a Goodwill near my house, which makes it really convenient.

My outside storage closet, however, is a different matter. It needs a serious overhaul. I've let it get out of control with tools, car wash items, boxes, etc. I tend to pre-plan in my mind what to get rid of. I just need to do it.
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Another practice that is helping is to go paperless as much as possible. Do I really need the original or can I scan it and keep an electronic copy. Do I really need to keep the item at all? Really?

What's helped me get through these boxes of documents has been asking this question - did I even know it was in this box? Have I thought about this item in my hand? No? Out it goes.

Why didn't I think of this sooner?!

I'm sure no one else can relate. LOL

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default deal

socialjustice_fsu,

This is an excellent thread. There are those that say that one
must change their beliefs to more productive, positive ones.

I have found that taking an action on change has worked best
for me. For example, I also have had many, many books, on
many subjects, so as I began to get them boxed for donating
to my local library, memories of all they contained came up
for me.

They reminded me that the knowledge I read in those books I
had in fact made choices about, that I agreed, or did not agree,
that I learned something new, and productive to carry me
forward. So, it was in the act of clearing, and boxing up that
I discovered that I no longer needed those books because
I had learned from them and no longer needed their physical
presence.

So, I say clutter. Begin to unclutter, and stay mindful of the
feelings that come up as one unclutters...that for me is where
the learning is, action. Great thread.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

When my neighbor decided to rent his house out after his son got married and the untimely death of his wife, he made a plan.

He took one room at a time and made 3 piles....KEEP....DUMP...CHARITY aka Goodwill etc. It took him a while, the house is huge and Cindy was a decorator. You couldn't put your hand on a wall or the top of something that she didn't have something else right beside it. She must have had 200 chicken items and probably 500 squirrel items and I don't have a clue what all else. But it was all very clean and well organized, so at least he didn't have a mess to clean up and all the stuff to sort thru.

I'm thinking this through in my brain and haven't decided exactly where to start. I did start the kitchen this week on my day off. Call me ADD, I also started my bedroom and no I didn't finish either but hey they are started. I'll be back when I come up with a plan.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

I, as June and a few others can attest, live a very spartan life. I keep nothing in my home that doesn't dignificantly enrich my life. Friends, family and loved ones have all, at various times, complained that I'm the hardest personto shop for because there's nothing that I want. Which, strictly speaking, is not true.

But having lived in four different states in less than a year I got really good at determining what was important and what wasn't.

But the turning point for me really came years earlier while I was living in New Mexico and the Bosque was on fire. We were just blocks from the fire and they were evacuating everyone. They'd already come down out block on the bull horn and let us know that we were on evacuation alert. I started gathering all the things which would devastate me if I lost them. Fortunately they all fit in a single box.

The box may have changed to something a bit more decorative, but the conents haven't changed much at all. What's in the box is all of the "things" that really matter to me. Everything else is a matter of "do I really want to take this into the next chapter of my life?" or "will it cost me more to move/ship than it will to replace?"

It's a pretty awesome way to live.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #9
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

I am a big collector...

I am very tidy and organized so, the things IN the house are in order...

I have two Big storage units in the back yard which I put in...it is they that hold the mystery items...I plan to get someone to haul all the stuff Out of the sheds, sort through and be ruthless...I donate things all the time, from the house that is, and will donate from the shed...part of the 'issue' is that much of the collections have value, as in can be sold, and I don't like the selling part...I did ebay for a while, and I sold stuff, but who has the time or effort for that?...

I have lots and lots of collectable plates, glass wear, and the like...

I have boxes and boxes of vintage children's books...

I have tons of sorted through, bagged, vintage costume jewelry...

and more...

I am still planning how to deal with it all...

today I am going to office depot and getting a shredder...I have papers which gotta go, but not as an unwelcome access to my personal info...

the whole sorting and purging is top of my list...I need to get to it before the rain starts...

but, I have to step up the sewing for the holiday shows...even typing this I feel overwhelmed...I need a sorting partner

oh dear!
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

just a few days ago i went through my tshirts...4 dresser drawers of them. i managed to lose 2 drawers worth...donated to my sister and goodwill. i also went through a massive collection of cooking magazines that i haven't thrown out in 2 years. i donated them to the mental health clinic that i go to. i was tired of reading the same 1 year old sports illustrated while i waited for my appointments. it made me feel good too. the receptionists at the clinic were so grateful for the donation. it inspired me to buy the clinic a subscription to food and wine magazine. now they will be current on at least one periodical.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm what I call a sentimentalist. Short of a hoarder but more than a minimalist, I have kept the things that remind me of good things/times and/or lessons I
need(ed) to learn. I keep family albums and my writing from high school, for example. I don't have a lot of tchotchkes though I do tend to acquire a lot of clothing in my life and I regularly purge so that it doesn't become completely overwhelming.

Right now, I'm in a studio, so even though I've purged quite a bit before my move, it's a little more than what is reasonable for the space Organic and I share. Is it more than I need, per say? Absolutely. Do the items I have contribute to my life in a meaningful way? Most of the time, yes. There are things that I can do without and a bunch of them are in a garbage bag in my trunk, awaiting a stop at the local Goodwill.

I'm very fortunate that Organic is not a big collector of things.

I can honestly say both Organic and I are looking forward to moving to a larger place next year, not so we can get more stuff to fill the space but so we can spread what we do have out, so it's more airy and open.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #12
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
For example: Gather up all your old magazines (the one's you set aside for a year or so) and take them to an Assisted Living Facility just down the road.
Alternative suggestion: If any of your old magazines are feminist, gay or otherwise subversive, stop by your local hospital or clinic and leave them in the lobby/waiting areas along with the "Good Housekeeping" and "Reader's Digest".

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I work in a hospital, the waiting rooms are always needing current reading materials, I like to replace the worn, tattered magazines and paper back books with ones from home, or that have been given to me, keeps down the clutter. I love books, so it's very difficult for me to give them away, I keep hardbacks, maybe some day I can let them go as well.

Also? being the mom of a disabled child who works for Goodwill Industries, and seeing 'Goodwill' mentioned in this thread makes me smile. It's good folks like you, who keep people like her employed.

Lola
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

One important thing is to remember how you got in the complicated mess that now requires you to simplify. It is so easy to replace the clutter after you've worked so hard to get rid the mess whether physical, emotional or spiritual. Sometimes we do it without even thinking!

Just thought I'd put that out there because I had to catch myself on a couple of things.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger View Post
One important thing is to remember how you got in the complicated mess that now requires you to simplify. It is so easy to replace the clutter after you've worked so hard to get rid the mess whether physical, emotional or spiritual. Sometimes we do it without even thinking!

Just thought I'd put that out there because I had to catch myself on a couple of things.

I know exactly how it happened for me......

When I came out, my ex-husband kicked me out of the house with what I could fit in my car. I basically had nothing after having 2 children, a 4-bedroom home, and every luxury one could imagine. All of a sudden, I had nothing.

So when I relocated with nothing, I was in a studio apt. with some clothes, a Dollar Store frying pan & sauce pan, 3 wooden spoons, paper plates and plastic cups & cutlery.

When I received my settlement, I went a little crazy to try and create a sense of normalcy for myself. At the time, that meant 'things'.

And now, as I begin to simplify ~ the physical AND emotional ~ I'm finding out what is TRULY important in my life, and divorcing myself from the stuff that is not....it gets easier and easier.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I know it doesn't quite fit the direction the thread is headed in right now--that "get rid of" direction--but the way we just simplified our lives was buying things at a moving sale.

1. File cabinet and book case so we can finally get all the boxes and tubs emptied, and tea carts so we can get the kitchen working better.

2. Tupperware and Pyrex so I can finally take things to potlucks and bake sales without a hassle.

One of the things I've learned over the years through divorces, moves, and floods, is that I *will* repeatedly replace the things which are important to me if I lose them in my life, and that says to me that they must be more than clutter... so since I'm not going to get rid of them, I might as well get the furniture that makes them work properly.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In 2000, my LTR of 21 years ended, my Mom and a sister had recently died and I closed a business and moved to a place that I knew no one (even though it is close to my childhood home). I did become involved again, for 6 years. She also died.

My partner and I owned a house together which was mostly furnished with my stuff and I ended up with both my Mom's and sister's personal effects, plus all the furniture in my office. I moved from a 2600 square foot house into an 1100 square foot condo! I gave family members a lot of stuff, but I had so much stuff and was so depressed at the time, I just stored most of what was left.

It took years to face this and part with so many things. I did keep a couple of items like my Mom's bedroom suit, but I had enough extra furniture for 4 families! Plus, I am a collector of things.

Now, I am in a time of my life in which I just really don't want what I don't need and am in preliminary planning for re-location. I'm retired and have some severe arthritis and just need to be in a different climate. I also really want to have a more quiet life and am tired of the hustle and bustle of the Bay Area in CA. Also, this is just not a place to live as I want to on fixed retirement funds.

I am going to have to part with many of the items that do have sentimental value to me, but I just seem to be willing to do so. I think this is just part of falling in with the life stages I am in. Finally, making this decision and starting to plan out when I need to have my house ready to sell has helped. it takes a good six months to get a place ready to sell and it is best to have as little possible in it while being shown. I rented a studio I have to a friend, but she will only be here for about a year and that will fit in with my needing to have the place to myself to prepare for selling it. I will get my kid and a couple of nephews here to help me out with painting, repairs and staging for prospective buyers. My guess is that I will just stay in my RV while it is being shown because it is a pain to be living in a house when trying to sell it- you never know when an agent will be bring someone to look at it. And everything has to be spotless for showings and open-houses. Rather just be in my little house on wheels and not worry about it, plus I don’t want it to look cluttered with a bunch of furniture and stuff. So, the later date to have it sold is September of 2012, hopefully a few months sooner. If I can get all of the stuff out of it (will have to do some storage again, but nothing like before) by November-December of 2011, that would be great. Even with declines in home sales prices here, I have good equity in my place and I want to turn that into more of the life I want to be living. Hell, if I miss SF, I'll visit as a tourist! There are many other places I want to re-visit and others that I have never been to- just in the US! I have to have this phasing plan as I do have some disability issues that make doing all of this a much slower process for me. So, I need to just get it in motion!

Mainly, I want to simplify... that really is at the root of this! And explore more. There is so much that I used to think I needed that I just don't want anymore. I want to travel and do some of that leisure-time thing I hear about! Other areas have much better real estate prices. Perhaps meeting a woman in the same space might happen, but, who knows and I am just not really invested in doing so right now.

Yes, simplification! Interesting, I remember my Mom hitting this time in her life and didn't understand it fully. Now, I do!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #18
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

I have started to NOT listen to the radio as I drive around to see clients. Somehow it has helped to de-clutter my mind... less mental idiotic stimulation brings more peace...

When I DO listen to something I listen to Ekhart Tolle on CD...

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Two things I am doing to simplify my life..

1. Shopping clearance to save money and buy more
2. Organizing my school schedule to get on a good routine.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #20
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post
I have started to NOT listen to the radio as I drive around to see clients. Somehow it has helped to de-clutter my mind... less mental idiotic stimulation brings more peace...

When I DO listen to something I listen to Ekhart Tolle on CD...
I love this! I am a political person and have always thrived on current events, but, I have to say that due to so many left-wing, progressive talk radio hosts begining to sound just like the right-wingers (not content, the manner of speaking- no yelling), these shows just ramp me up to a steady state of anxiety and dred. Give me Charlie Rose and text to read! Thom Hartmann is OK, too.

Talk radio- no matter the political stance- has become nothing but loud noise to me.

I agree, less clutter while driving!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: