Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Pub Planet

Do You have interesting cocktail recipes?

That's the purpose of this thread.....or maybe some obscure beer or wine or liqueur that You'd like to suggest (and a description would be great!).....

In other words, this isn't a thread for how you got your drunk on.

I'll begin.....

I went to Spec's the other day (a really lovely liquore store which has wines/beer/liquors and everything to go with ~ i.e. cigars, glassware, cheeses, et al) and there was a rep there from Treaty Oak Rum (Treaty Oak is a landmark here in Austin).

She made an incredible drink with JALAPENOS! I was there! And I don't care for rum AT ALL. This rum is very light and smooth.....not too sweet at all!

So she wrote the recipe down for me and here it is:

JalaTini

In a shaker add:
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. Agave Nectar-Light

Add ice & shake well.

Add 1 sliced jalapeno
2 oz Treaty Oak Rum
2-4 oz Club Soda

Shake whatcher mama gave ya.

Pour into a martini glass and enjoy! It's a nice, slow burn! YUM!

Last edited by Diva; 05-17-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Cotton Candy Martini

Ingredients

* 8 ounces of freezing Smirnoff vodka
* 1 tablespoon of cola
* 1 teaspoon of Grenadine
* A chunk of cotton candy (about 2" x 2")
* 2 small chunks of cotton candy for garnish
* Vanilla Cocktail Candy rim sugar

* Pour all of your ingredients into a martini shaker 1/2 of cracked ice
* Drop in the chunk of cotton candy...it will dissolve
* Lid the shaker and shake like mad for a full minute
* Strain your delicious martini into 2 chilly, sugar rimmed martini glasses
* Float a piece of cotton on each cocktail
* Enjoy!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea for a thread. We will have to get my favorite bartender, Mel, in here.

I'm a fan of Lemon Drops and they are super easy to make even if you don't have the mixer.

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 sugar cube

Add sugar to the rim of an old-fashioned glass, and drop a cube or packet of sugar into the bottom of the glass. Pour vodka and lemon juice into a stainless steel shaker over ice, and shake until completely cold. Pour into the prepared old-fashioned glass, and serve.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thirsty Thursday Drink

Liquid Cocaine

1. Jägermeister - 1/3 oz.
2. Rumplemintz - 1/3 oz.
3. Rum - 1/3 oz.

Serve in a chilled shot glass

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Russian Punch

Hey Diva and all, I recently started reading up on some older or vintage cocktails. I made this one over the weekend. It's not overly sweet but you can up the sugar if you'd like. This was invented at the Russian Tea Room in NYC in the 1930's for the Russian ballerinas that frequented the bar. It's pretty nice on a hot summer night (or hot spring night if you live in the desert).

How to make:

2 oz Vodka (I used Ketel One but apretty prefers the pricey Chopin)
1/2 oz Crème De Cassis
1/2 oz Full Bodied Jamamacan Rum
1/2 to 2 Teaspoons Super Fine Sugar
1/2 oz Fresh Squeeed Lemon Juice

Combine the sugar and the lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and shake until sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and ice. Shake up and pour into a sugar rimmed glass with more ice. I garnished mine with a large spiral of orange peel. Drink and enjoy! Cheers!

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Damiana Margarita

Guaycura Liqueur de Damiana is a light herbal based liqueur from Mexico. It is made from the wild herb damiana (Turnera diffusa) which is native to Mexico and Central America. Damiana is a small shrub with smooth, pale green oval leaves and aromatic yellow flowers. This herb is long thought to have aphrodisiac properties and according to ancient legend Guaycura Indians drank Damiana Liqueur in their centuries old ceremonies. Though sceptics may dismiss this as myth, there are respected botanists that say damiana "stimulates the genito-urinary tract and is actually used in the treatment of sexual problems such as impotence, frigidity, sterility, and sexual exhaustion." The glass bottle is shaped in the likeness of a pregnant woman and said to be modeled after the Incan God of Fertility.

This liqueur is commonly used in place of Triple Sec to make the "Baja Margarita," served in resort areas all over the Mexican peninsula.

Original Margarita Recipe:
1 oz. Damiana Liqueur
1 1/4 oz. White Tequila
2 oz. Margarita Mix
Shake or blend with ice.
Damiana has great mixability and tastes great as a shooter
Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Cranberry Lime Martini

A citrusy variation that showcases the flavor synergies between lime and gin.

Ingredients Per Cocktail

2 parts gin
2 parts freshly squeezed lime juice
2 parts cranberry juice
Lime wedge(s) for garnish
Preparation

Stir ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Pashi! That's so funny that you mention Damiana. It is one of my all-time favorite liquers. I generally have a bottle in the freezer.

Here's a drink that I made up while sitting around a campfire at a pagan festival in Colorado. We were literally passing bottles around. I had a sip of Hot Damn Schnapps and then a sip of Damiana. The combination was WOW.

So I said something and others tried it. We came up with this.

Hot Damn Mama

1/2 oz Damiana
1/2 oz Hot Damn Schnapps (or other cinnamon-flavored schnapps)

Mix and drink.

An alternative to this that Mel aka BlistexLez came up with is this.

Damn, Hot Sexy Mama

1/2 oz Damiana
Sour Mixer
Ice

Shake all ingredients and pour over ice.

I made up the name for the 2nd one just now because I couldn't remember what we called it. It was part of a Sunday morning at a SoCal house party. We may have been drinking before then. heh
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Cranberry Lime Martini

A citrusy variation that showcases the flavor synergies between lime and gin.

Ingredients Per Cocktail

2 parts gin
2 parts freshly squeezed lime juice
2 parts cranberry juice
Lime wedge(s) for garnish
Preparation

Stir ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

I think I like this! Though I would have to trade the gin out for vodka.......but YUM! Cranberries are my friends!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #10
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Oiler makes this interesting concoction of Gin and Red Bull......

I'm a fan of neither of these alone, but together and I became a fan! I'm not sure what the measurements are ......I'll see if I can get Him in here to describe.....

It's a tasty thing!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #11
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dear God is it five o'clock yet?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

I am really not a fan of champagne, but, My Dad turned Me on to:

Champagne cocktail....
Place a sugar cube in a glass, fill it with champagne, add a few drops of angostura bitters.
that is all
It really tastes better with those 2 extra ingredients.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Liquid Cocaine

1. Jägermeister - 1/3 oz.
2. Rumplemintz - 1/3 oz.
3. Rum - 1/3 oz.

Serve in a chilled shot glass

Damn ! Just the name of this sounds "potent"!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #14
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Pashi! That's so funny that you mention Damiana. It is one of my all-time favorite liquers. I generally have a bottle in the freezer.

Here's a drink that I made up while sitting around a campfire at a pagan festival in Colorado. We were literally passing bottles around. I had a sip of Hot Damn Schnapps and then a sip of Damiana. The combination was WOW.

So I said something and others tried it. We came up with this.

Hot Damn Mama

1/2 oz Damiana

Mix and drink.

An alternative to this that Mel aka BlistexLez came up with is this.

Damn, Hot Sexy Mama

1/2 oz Damiana
Sour Mixer
Ice

Shake all ingredients and pour over ice.

I made up the name for the 2nd one just now because I couldn't remember what we called it. It was part of a Sunday morning at a SoCal house party. We may have been drinking before then. heh
MMMM These sound really good Arwen! I have been playing with the notion of Aphrodisiac liquors as a side line business. Did you note any um extra effects from the Damiana liquor???? I have only recently heard of it. Do you like the taste?

Pashi
Old 05-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default For those who love Cranberries, these are yummy

Sea Breeze
1 jigger vodka
1 jigger cranberry juice
4 ounces of (preferably fresh) grapefruit juice
Pour the vodka into a highball glass over ice, followed by the grapefruit juice, and then the cranberry. Garnish with a lime wedge. Optionally, you can mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice to get a foamy surface.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Scarlet O’Hara
2 ounces Southern Comfort
Dash of lime juice
6 ounces cranberry juice
Garnish with a lime wedge
Pour the Southern Comfort, lime juice and cranberry juice into a shaker with ice, and shake well. Strain into a sour or Collins glass.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #16
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

This is a cocktail that is often served at brunches, in late morning like mimosa's or bloody mary's.

Ramos Fizz

juice of 1/2 lemon
1 egg white
1 tsp. powdered sugar
2 oz gin
1 tb light cream
1/2 tsp triple sec
shake with ice OR you can blend it. strain into highball glass over 2 ice cubes. fill with carbonated water and stir.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #17
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Delicioso!

1 tall glass of Pomegranate/Blueberry Juice
2 + shots of Treaty Oak Rum (Made in Austin....and SMOOOOOOOTH!)

Over ice. Drink it. Enjoy setting Yourself free!

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #18
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

My younger brother used to serve this as shots in a bar he once worked

He called it a Pucker Fucker

half a shot Vodka
half a shot any flavor Pucker

Warning: they go down smooth and hit quicker than you may think,
if you drink them too fast....so beware, lol

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #19
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Great idea for a thread. We will have to get my favorite bartender, Mel, in here.

I'm a fan of Lemon Drops and they are super easy to make even if you don't have the mixer.

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 sugar cube

Add sugar to the rim of an old-fashioned glass, and drop a cube or packet of sugar into the bottom of the glass. Pour vodka and lemon juice into a stainless steel shaker over ice, and shake until completely cold. Pour into the prepared old-fashioned glass, and serve.
i drink a variation of the lemon drop - the Strawberry Lemon Drop...substitute Strawberry Stolichnaya for regular vodka and enjoy! (and it tastes yummy off the lips of someone who just drank it!)
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

I love these......

Mexican Coffee :
1 oz Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua)
1/2 oz Tequila
5 oz. Very Hot Black Coffee
Whipped Cream
Stir coffee liqueur & tequila in coffee cup. Add coffee & top with whipped cream.