Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #41
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

My older daughter is at an anime convention (or "Con" in the lingo). She's wearing a slutty looking outfit, so I told her to be careful and don't talk to strangers.

I cry at touching television commercials.

I told my daughter that I only text two or three times a month and she called me a Luddite. I'm regular *and* old.

I think that wearing oversized clothing hides my fat.

Weekends are my favorite times.

I usually think that commercials are meant for me. I'm the demographic. Unless there are animated charachters or smiley faces. Then my partner is the demographic.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #42
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

I stay up too late, then have to get up too early. I'd be a total night owl if my job would let me.

Normally I work 30-40 hours a week, get three days off for my weekend (sat/sun/mon), but we've got a weekend project running which means I've had two full days off in the last few months. Memorial Day Monday and Easter Sunday.

So lately it's been stay up 'til 12am, get up by 6, emails, work scheduling, showering and yes, farmville-ing (I'm so ashamed. But my eighty bajillion animals that live in my computer NEED me...). Now that I have a cat again, I do the food and water in the morning....

Out of the house by 10 usually, work work work work work work until 6, home to upload work stuff, or hand entry on the computer, depending on which company I was working for today... Make dinner, do litter box, try to socialize sweet new kitty person (she's in my gallery, btw.), make sure she has dinner... Play on puter.

Stay up to late reading or knitting or something....

I can't wait to have days off again. I'll actually have time to make a garden....
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #43
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

What makes me "regular folk" today:

It's 1:15 pm and I'm still in my pajamas.

I'm thinking of going back to bed.

I wanted to do laundry and get some things from Home Depot today. There's a 50:50 chance that this will happen.

My daughter, who lives in Florida, is now on her way to Disneyworld for the day. I told her to drive safely and be careful, and to call me when she's home.

I have a dog that chases rabbits in his sleep. He's doing it right now.

I got a great manicure this week. Now, every few minutes, I take a second to admire my nails. When my partner notices this, she laughs at me.
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #44
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Wake up anywhere from 11 AM to 1 PM.
Get up.
Kick the dogs out.
Get dressed.
Rescue the neighbors from the holy terror.
Eat breakfast/lunch.
Leave for work about 1:55
Sometimes have a good night, sometimes get steadily grumpier.
Off work anytime between 10:30 and 11:30.
Home.
Get the girl to bed.
Eat dinner.
Play games.

Texting as available.

Somewhere in there I may do some housework, definitely on days off though.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #45
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

What makes me normal...

~I am a teacher lol
~I wake up early every morning for about 10 sec...long enough to hit snooze!!
~I like the simple things...a pretty view, going out to dinner, visiting a coffee house, or watching a movie.
~My sister is my best friend
~ I am a complete sucker for my nephew
~I love the smell of clean laundry...Extra fabric softener a must!
~I plan...I like to plan and organize things.
~I like cartoons!!!
~I love to laugh at silly things...
~I bake to release stress
~I am a textaholic!!!

Yup...pretty "regularl"

Last edited by little_ms_sunshyne; 06-18-2011 at 01:10 PM.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #46
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Oatmeal.
Almost every morning.

Me too. Mine is maple and brown sugar flavored and high fiber.

Does that mean I win or lose?

As for what makes me regular:

I am impatient and will yell at you while in my car, though I know you can't hear me and will continue to drift into my lane because you're on the cell phone and/or are fiddling with the radio dial.

I will sass Ebon throughout the day. We bicker like an old married couple and, though it can be unsettling to a few of our friends, I think most are used to it by now.

I shower twice a day. That's not regular, but liking being clean probably is, so when I come home from being outside in over 100 degree weather for half my day, the thermostat goes down and I get naked.

I fight with Ebon over exactly WHO is stealing the covers. (It's always HIM, btw.)

We'll watch a show or two together at night and/or chat a bit in bed before I fall asleep. When I have to be up early, he's sweet enough to use his CPAP, but I'm on my own when I work afternoons or are off. I tend to be a bit cranky on my days off and when I work afternoons. One day, he'll put the two together and come up with three.

I pee first thing after turning my cell alarm off and crawling slowly out of bed.

We can rarely make our minds up easily when it comes to what we want to eat, especially when we order in. It's like pulling teeth. But don't let someone tell us we "can't" or "shouldn't" have something because that's sure going to be what we "want" at that point.

We're difficult people and, in this day and age, I suspect that's pretty regular.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #47
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
My 13 year old son got a new phone today. He texted me nonstop while sitting right beside me on the couch. I explained that the whole point in having the phone is to text and call me when he is NOT with me...then I threatened to throw it in the creek if he didn't stop. I think that makes me pretty regular, at least mom-wise...lol
My daughter lost her phone today while mowing. It jiggled out of her pocket. We spent quite awhile after dinner walking through the yard, up and down the road where she rode her bike, through the car's backseat (and anywhere else within radius) etc. continually ringing her number. We finally caught site of it beneath the grass clippings. It was probably run over by the mower, but fortunately wasn't hacked to bits. The ringtone was so soft it was a wonder we even found it. The first thing she did was record my voice saying, "Pick up the phone! This is your mother calling!" She set that ringtone on high volume. I don't remember having responsibility over anything like this when I was 12. But I suppose this is considered "regular" by today's standards.

I totally identify with the text message barrage while sitting in the same room. Entire conversations without a word spoken.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

All I know is: I want a regular schedule in France.

In fact, it's the law: full-time workers in France are guaranteed at least five weeks vacation -- guaranteed those long lazy days in the sun, and leisurely lunches in outdoor cafes.

On top of the five weeks, there are another dozen public holidays, and a maximum 35-hour work week, with no paid overtime allowed. Managers like Marchand, who work more than 35 hours a week, get more time off.

"The so-called 35-hour work week gives us 22 more days a year,"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in704571.shtml

France here I come.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #49
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post

In fact, it's the law: full-time workers in France are guaranteed at least five weeks vacation -- guaranteed those long lazy days in the sun, and leisurely lunches in outdoor cafes.

On top of the five weeks, there are another dozen public holidays, and a maximum 35-hour work week, with no paid overtime allowed. Managers like Marchand, who work more than 35 hours a week, get more time off.

France here I come.
And they have good bread there.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #50
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post

France here I come.
I've read this too and am envious. Ebon speaks French nearly fluently but I'm a sad case, I'm afraid. That, and I don't look good in leggings and berets.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #51
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

What is this "regular" you speak of?
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #52
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
What is this "regular" you speak of?

For me, it's about no pretension, not aggrandizing my otherwise fairly average life.

Which doesn't mean I'm not, nonetheless, awesome.

Or maybe it means I eat a lot of fiber.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #53
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default a day in the life Crones Cradle Farm

5 big dogs
10+ cats
16 hens
1 (lucky) rooster
4 pigs
an extensive Fairyvillage
Vegetable gardens
Umpteen Flower gardens
A barn
A barnhouse, including Princess Tower
2 scatterbrained girls
2 bois
A very proficient Syr

The most normal thing we do here is have coffee every morning, which I am now. The rest of the day is anything goes, but it all gets done. The evenings are wrapped up with a lovely family dinner for 3 and quiet time (Unless the riding crop comes out) and bedtime before 10:30.

Is that regular?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #54
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default My mom always hated that

I ate 3 olives right out of the jar, then a cheese stick while I stood there with the refrigerator door open.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #55
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Today I'm regular because:

I ate cold, leftover Chinese food for breakfast.

I had to stay late at work to catch up on paperwork that I'd put off for too long. If I didn't do it, I wouldn't be getting paid.

I meant to get up early to get stuff done, but hit the snooze alarm every ten minutes for an hour, instead.

There's a dead hanging plant on the front porch. I buy one every year, and it always dies because I don't water it enough. I should be prosecuted.
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #56
DoReMiFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Hey Lady!

DoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Unleashing my inner teenage boy.

Piggy-backing on that, whenever I make a sandwich I eat it while standing over the kitchen sink.
DoReMiFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DoReMiFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #57
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Regular is sittin' on the terrace with a glass of wine, feelin' the wind shift and watchin' the bats fly over for dinner (I have a woods in back of my house.....Cafe` Batz).........
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #58
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Regular... what DOES make regular? I think you are all extraordinary!

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #59
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

With help my schedule changes a little. My life is so busy I need to stay very disciplined and scheduled.

5am - let the dogs out, meditate for 30 min while coffee brews

6ish - drink coffee, talk to dogs, email, hang out in my PJ's a few hours. Eat something, check facebook, etc. I move very slow in the morning.

Feed lots and lots of dogs (dog boarding) fill up lots of water buckets, poop, meds, hugs and kisses. feed pig, cats and hens.

Take a break. Water all my hanging baskets and flowers outside. If needed spray and fertilize my garden. Pull a few weeks, pick some stuff to eat or juice.

by 9 or 10 I'm online writing, tweaking blogs, talking on the phone and in full work mode.

take a 15 min break at noon- check water for dogs, give everyone a treat. This could be 10-20 dogs!

back to work hardcore multi-tasking hell!

3ish I rest for an hour.

5pm walking dogs, fixing dinner (I cook almost every night) washing dogs if needed or brushing or something dog related.

6PM feed dogs again, fresh water.

7PM shower, relax, maybe a glass of wine, dinner and TV.

Every Friday I pick up my granddaughter from daycare and we spend a few hours playing.

That's the simple list. There's so much that goes on in a day around here and it can change any moment. I'm not sure this is regular folk stuff. My life is extraordinary but certainly not ordinary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #60
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I put my panties on one leg at a time