Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #21
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

This is a totally unhelpful answer but no, I haven't ever used or had a reading done for me with regular playing cards. I've always been curious though...

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #22
Sunshine

How Do You Identify?:
Happy and peaceful
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi,

Yes, I've heard of it and seen it done. I'm including a webpage that explains it best.

https://exemplore.com/fortune-divina...-Playing-Cards

The difference between the Tarot deck and the Playing cards is that in the playing cards you don't have the top 22 Major Arcana. You only have the 4 sets of Pentacles = Diamonds, Spades = Swords, Clubs = wands , Hearts = cups and the Fool which is the Joker.

Have fun!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017, 02:08 PM   #23
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP! BUMP!
Old 10-31-2017, 03:01 PM   #24
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Definitely doing a reading tonight as part of my Samhain ritual.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017, 05:04 PM   #25
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I found a forum on Cartomancy and I'm trying to learn more about using playing cards for divination. This has always fascinated me for some reason? Ever since I was a kid I've been interested. I looooove anything pertaining to the paranormal/occult in general.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:31 PM   #26
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Tarot cards tonight! ...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017, 10:40 PM   #27
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Ah yes...the veil is thin so let's have fun!

LOVE this time of year and all the wonderful energies-especially visiting with all the loved ones in Spirit on the other side! The veil is SO thin it's awesome!
I will be doing a reading tomorrow for sure on Dia De Los Muertos as I find that day especially auspicious for a reading.

I am getting back into Tarot from using them in previous lifetimes (and probably being put to death for them as well) so I have a great teaching/learning deck with Ciro Marchetti's artwork: "Easy Tarot". I also want to purchase another deck that caught my eye last night:
"The Everyday Witch Tarot". So cute and sassy...

I have begun to set up my altar to honor my mom for Day of the Dead and always love doing that for her. Makes me feel closer to her. What about you all? Anything planned? We are so blessed to express ourselves anyway we like!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:31 PM   #28
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I did a reading tonight.

The Everyday Witch tarot is on my Amazon wish list for tarot decks to get! My best friend has it and loves it.

My Patreon

My Website
Old 11-01-2017, 04:21 AM   #29
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsandheels View Post
LOVE this time of year and all the wonderful energies-especially visiting with all the loved ones in Spirit on the other side! The veil is SO thin it's awesome!
I will be doing a reading tomorrow for sure on Dia De Los Muertos as I find that day especially auspicious for a reading.

I am getting back into Tarot from using them in previous lifetimes (and probably being put to death for them as well) so I have a great teaching/learning deck with Ciro Marchetti's artwork: "Easy Tarot". I also want to purchase another deck that caught my eye last night:
"The Everyday Witch Tarot". So cute and sassy...

I have begun to set up my altar to honor my mom for Day of the Dead and always love doing that for her. Makes me feel closer to her. What about you all? Anything planned? We are so blessed to express ourselves anyway we like!
i had some other things going on that took precedence over my thoughts but i did do a Tarot reading, it was a very good one.

i just lit candles and sent out good thoughts to those who have crossed over, and some that are still here.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #30
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I have a relatively new deck called Beautiful Creatures and I love, love, love it. It's gothic and fantasy and dark angels and fairies and pumpkins and animals. The art is phenomenal! I've been working with them daily, sometimes doing full spreads, sometimes pulling one or a few cards. I'm enjoying getting to know the cards a lot. I pulled REALLY good cards today that I'm excited about.

What's anyone else doing tarot wise? Do you have a daily practice?

My Patreon

My Website
Old 11-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #31
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Has anyone ever used regular playing cards to read, or had their fortunes read with playing cards? I just got curious after a friend told me she went to a lady that used both tarot and regular playing cards. I need to google this!
When I was a kid, my mom had a friend that only read playing cards. When I was a teen, she read them for me and I found her to be quite accurate. Personally, I think she had some sort of psychic ability.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #32
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I finally got (well, it's at JD's house so technically HE got it) the much long-awaited Dust II Onyx: A Melanated Deck by Courtney Alexander and I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it.

If you haven't seen it, she's a brilliant artist:

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #33
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I finally got (well, it's at JD's house so technically HE got it) the much long-awaited Dust II Onyx: A Melanated Deck by Courtney Alexander and I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it.

If you haven't seen it, she's a brilliant artist:

Wow, those cards are gorgeous! I'll bet you can't wait to get your hands on those.

I got three new decks at Christmas. The Modern Spellcaster's Tarot, which is beautiful and has Wiccan, gay, and poly imagery. The other two decks I got are Oracle decks, the Oracle of mermaids and Oracle of unicorns.

I've been having fun with the decks. I've been pulling my daily cards from the Modern Spellcaster's. It has a good vibe and seems to be on point.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #34
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

OMFG!

So, my final report on the Dust II Onyx deck:

THIS IS THE MOST BADASS TAROT DECK I HAVE EVER OWNED.S

The artwork is even more stunning in person and the box is super amazing quality and has a magnetic closure. Inside is a HARDBACK book of card meanings and the book on its own is a work of art.
The artist, Courtney, clearly put a ton of work into her research and the book is just beautiful and personal and high-quality.

The cards are a nice size and are raised gold-leaf in some places. The colors are vivid and saturated beyond anything I've ever seen and basically every aspect of this deck is sumptuous and delicious and just beyond fucking amazing.

If you have ever considered saving your coins for an extra-special deck, I cannot recommend this one enough. Courtney also has a program for her deck where you can donate to a fund to help women of color who are card readers be able to afford a deck.

I feel that this may be the most important deck of modern time, both culturally and spiritually. I am moved beyond belief to be able to own it and learn from it.

/gush
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: