Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Washington Forums

Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation
Default what do u like about washington state?

--thinking of relocating and washington, is one place on my list.-specifically seattle area or south of it or north. or perhaps right above portland. so tell me what u like about living there? what areas are good? friendly? non-friendly? i'd appreciate anything u tell me.
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I lived there (Lakewood/Tacoma area), I loved the trees and all the access to water.

Seattle; Pike's Place Market, Museum of Glass, Space Needle, did I mention water?

I lived in WA for three years and we had one week of snow. I don't really know much about the Seattle area but where I lived I absolutely loved it. Friendly people

*bumps thread to more informed people*
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I lived on Kitsap Penninsula for more than 4 years, which is across the Sound from Seattle and about an hour away. Where I was, there was a small town feel and the usual fair could be found...movies, museums, hiking trails, etc. I lived in Bremerton, a Navy town. We chose to live there because we found Seattle to be entirely too expensive and congested. I like a little bit of space in my bubble.

Going into Seattle was fun though. There's always something to do. Pike Place Market, Music Museum, concerts, shows/theatre, underground tours, etc. The Space Needle is a tourist trap, though. Sure, the view is gorgeous, but you have to pay a minimum to dine up there and the service sucks. The food is okay, though.

As far as actually living there, Seattle is horrible during harsh winters. The hills (and there are a LOT of them) ice over and it's very common to have cars sliding back down into one another. For me, that's very scary.

However, the spring and summer cannot be beat! SeaFair brings in the speedboats and bathtub racers and Blue Angels but they are only a small part of the fabulousness of summertime in the PNW. Swimming, hiking, camping and day/road trips are the thing then. Temperatures are usually from the high 70s to the low or mid 90s, rarely hitting triple digits, but when they do, it's good to have a/c (half the homes don't have it).

Fall is absolutely stunning, with the leaves changing color and the nip and chill in the air.

I found that the atmosphere is quite tolerable there. Lots of family and lots of tatted and pierced folk all over. Friendly!

Wherever you decide to relocate to, definitely do your research. I did some with online income calculators only and they were all waaaay off base! WA and OR are right in line with CA as far as living expenses.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-15-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in Everett, which is north of Seattle. It doesn't quite have the same small town feel of where Gemme was but I think it's less big city crazy then Seattle.

We had to drive down to SeaTac last night and along the way I saw all kinds of things that reminded me why I love living here. We took a different route there and back so I got to see both lakes, all the mountains and the Seattle and Bellevue skylines.

As Gemme also mentioned, the cost of living here is higher then many other places in the country. While housing prices have dropped significantly in the last few years, rents have not dropped at all. I also know I was shocked at some of the prices in the grocery store and at restaurants. Then again, I came here from New Mexico, which had a very low cost of living at the time.

I've spent a little bit of time in the Vancouver/Portland area and I really like it down there. I think if I didn't live here, I'd have to move to Portland!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

What do i like about the seattle area.

I'm a bit south in tacoma, i go to seattle on the weekends at times.

I like the water, the tree's and the air quality is usually very great!

There are a lot of outdoor activites available, camping, fishing hiking, thelike.

Most people that i've run into are very tolerant of alternative views.

There are lots of good groups and again the activites!

The weather has been getting more extreme (or at least it seems) in the last few years.

Typically don't go over 100 in summer, and it doens't snow much but when it does it can be a lot.

It really does depend on where you live in the area.

Never been to portland, i've been through portland but not to portland. There are a lot of sites to see north, and your just a quick hop to canada! which can be fun!

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kassykit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
Reesie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
committed

Reesie is on a distinguished road
Default What do I like about washington?

I like the low cost of living.

I like the green forests but hate the rain that keeps them that way.

I love Seattle.

I love that I'm close to portland.

I love Long beach.

I love that some day I will move back to California.
Reesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I lived on Kitsap Penninsula for more than 4 years, which is across the Sound from Seattle and about an hour away. Where I was, there was a small town feel and the usual fair could be found...movies, museums, hiking trails, etc. I lived in Bremerton, a Navy town. We chose to live there because we found Seattle to be entirely too expensive and congested. I like a little bit of space in my bubble.

Going into Seattle was fun though. There's always something to do. Pike Place Market, Music Museum, concerts, shows/theatre, underground tours, etc. The Space Needle is a tourist trap, though. Sure, the view is gorgeous, but you have to pay a minimum to dine up there and the service sucks. The food is okay, though.

As far as actually living there, Seattle is horrible during harsh winters. The hills (and there are a LOT of them) ice over and it's very common to have cars sliding back down into one another. For me, that's very scary.

However, the spring and summer cannot be beat! SeaFair brings in the speedboats and bathtub racers and Blue Angels but they are only a small part of the fabulousness of summertime in the PNW. Swimming, hiking, camping and day/road trips are the thing then. Temperatures are usually from the high 70s to the low or mid 90s, rarely hitting triple digits, but when they do, it's good to have a/c (half the homes don't have it).

Fall is absolutely stunning, with the leaves changing color and the nip and chill in the air.

I found that the atmosphere is quite tolerable there. Lots of family and lots of tatted and pierced folk all over. Friendly!

Wherever you decide to relocate to, definitely do your research. I did some with online income calculators only and they were all waaaay off base! WA and OR are right in line with CA as far as living expenses.
This was an excellent description......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

If anyone is considering a move, you can't best the PacificNorthWest IMHO
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Oh and btw..........

..Please don't be put off by all that talk of rain!

I would say the past 4 or 5 years we've had the least amount of rain I can remember of in the 17 years I've lived here......
Old 04-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
..Please don't be put off by all that talk of rain!

I would say the past 4 or 5 years we've had the least amount of rain I can remember of in the 17 years I've lived here......
Annually, it rains more in FL than in WA.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #11
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Alki Beach-go there & be amazed
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 06:10 PM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Port Gamble..............
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #13
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Port Townsend.......................
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #14
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Port Angeles.....................
Old 10-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #15
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: