Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #30
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
No I'm not comfortable at all with the step parent role. The kid calls me by my first name. I think my gf has boundary issues. I don't mind being there for the kid but kids get attached too easy and I don't want that kind of pain, for anyone of us.

I'm just lost.
I hear you JDeere.

Lost is a really uncomfortable place to be in a relationship, and only you know how much of that feeling you can deal with in your life.

In long running relationships, I have found that if one person feels unheard then there are
many issues that will not be resolved...just pushed under the rug until the feelings have nowhere to go, and the relationship cannot be repaired.

Love, sex, passion, attraction...are all necessary ingredients in a healthy relationship, but in the long term, communication and respect will keep you together through the hard times. Add children into the mix, and communication and respect are even more important as you are responsible for your actions around and with a child.

Follow your gut always...if it feels wrong, sometimes all you can do is break ties and protect yourself.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:

Tags
blended family, parenting, second chances, step children, step parent