Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default What Women Have Helped You Become Who You Are Today?

March is National Women’s History Month, so “Do Tell” us what ladies have inspired you, helping you become who you are today. What women have influence your life? Share your story here.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had Sister Carol Ann in grade school, and sister Agnes in high school.
They encouraged me through a rough home life and showed so much patience and love. Because of them I am still here.

My Aunt Erminia who took me in during summers so I didn't have to be in the war zone that was my parents marriage. She worked me on her ranch and it was kind of like "wax on, wax off" (learning important stuff without realizing you are learning).

A whole big list of Femmes who taught me too many things to list here, but gosh my world would be so different without them. They are the ones that continue to touch my life every day.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

My grandma,from an early age she knew I was going to be diffrent than any other of her grandkids.Grannie always told me not to be anything but who i really was cause doing anythinhg else would cause me great pain in lots of ways.
My aunt Mary..she kept me sane by listining to all my crazy shit thrue my teenage years with a calm eye and warm heart.
My aunt Louise...not really blood family but as colse as u can get..she was flanboiant,fast liveing,drove a mg convertable that had a repo of a dick for a gear shift stick.She finaly got threw to my thick head that I was the only one who could change my life as well that life was lots of give and take...the diff was knowing when to give and when to take what was offered.
My mom..Even tho we fussed a lot,didnt always get along.She taught me responsablity even if u choked on it that sometimes u just have to do it.
The one thing I wish I had learned was how to let ppl in my life easyer and not guard my heart so tightly..ya know that wall so many of us put up to sheild us from more hurt?I gess I will be working on that one till the lights go out or someone comes along that is brave enough to reach over or threw the defence.I learned there is two sets of rules,one for me and one for the rest of the world even if we all are in the same place.I gess this is some of what my grannie ment about life.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Arwen and Bit saved my life, literally. I was suicidal after my botched top surgery. They both talked to me and checked in with me, and held my hand, and hugged me telepathically. I was on the edge. They were there pulling me back.

Rosie for caring for this ol' fart 24/7. I am not the easiest person to live with.

My adopted sister, again for caring/loving this ol' queer guy.

I am very blessed.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,605 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

the nuns in my CCD Sunday School took a liking to me (hmmm) and worked with me to keep me from burning in hell. So far so good....

my drivers ed teacher who was my first lesbian relationship.

my sister was and still is my hero...

my daughter too...they have both survived some amazing things in this life..

my grandmother, the gypsy...she taught me so much...

my sponsors in AA...I just buried one of them and lord...I ache from how important they are in my life...

Samantha, from Bewitched. She was my first lady crush...

Alice Walker and Toni Morrison....their written words woke up parts of myself..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

My grandmother and mother were the greatest women I knew. They gave me everything. A toast *raises flute* to those whom we have loved and lost.

My mother:

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,605 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am ashamed I did not include my mother...she was in the forefront of my mind but I wanted to get the others down so I wouldnt forget them..believing I would NEVER forget Mom...

well I did...

this woman was my rock. Even when I was at my worst, this lady carried me through. But dont believe for a moment she was a cuddly loving mother. Nope..i didnt get that from her. I got tough love. And for decades resented her for it. But then,as I got more and more sober, and with more therapy, I realized 1) she did what she could with what she had as a parent 2) she was dealing with alot of family baggage, her side, dad's side and us kids 3) she had her own compulsive problem with gambling 4) she lived in a time when women were second class citizens and yet she had to fight hard and give up so much to support the men in her life 5) the way her kids repaid her for all she did for the family was to commit suicide, give birth to an illigetimate baby (in a time when that was really taboo) and me, the drunken lesbian...

this woman was incredible for all she had to deal with. She taught me alot of things..including foremost how to be a good parent by watching her be a wonderful grandparent. (she sucked at being a parent!) She taught me how to have a long term relationship...a marriage. Her and my dad were married almost 50 years. She taught me what deal breakers are...and how so much we think are deal breakers, arent. But those that are, are unconditionally deal breakers. She taught me frugality and she taught me generosity.

how did I forget to mention this woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
the nuns in my CCD Sunday School took a liking to me (hmmm) and worked with me to keep me from burning in hell. So far so good....

my drivers ed teacher who was my first lesbian relationship.

my sister was and still is my hero...

my daughter too...they have both survived some amazing things in this life..

my grandmother, the gypsy...she taught me so much...

my sponsors in AA...I just buried one of them and lord...I ache from how important they are in my life...

Samantha, from Bewitched. She was my first lady crush...

Alice Walker and Toni Morrison....their written words woke up parts of myself..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
lisa93

How Do You Identify?:
femme

lisa93 is on a distinguished road

my mom and grandmother are the strongest women I know
lisa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:54 AM   #9
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
my mom
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #10
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

my grandmother
Old 01-13-2018, 06:35 AM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

the femmes i have met along the way in my journey.....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: