Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Jrio91

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Single

Jrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST ReputationJrio91 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Where do I meet potential dates??

Hello all!

I'm having a little trouble meeting people here in Spokane, WA. The LGBT community here doesn't seem very big whatsoever. =\ I'm kind of new to the lesbian dating scene though, having only come out this summer. I look like a girly straight girl so that may be one of my problems lol.

I was hoping for a little advice on where to go to meet people. Or does anyone know any good lesbian dating apps/sites I could try? Or is anyone also from Spokane or nearby? Let's get a drink! lol I just feel like since coming out my love life is at an all time low and I am not ok with this! Help?
Jrio91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jrio91 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
caffeinelover

How Do You Identify?:
------------------
Preferred Pronoun?:
-------------------------
Relationship Status:
--------------------------

caffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello

Hi,

I've noticed no one replied to your post so I'm diving in. I'm a middle aged sexy, beautiful femme and even though I live in a big city have also a problem with meeting people.

The LGBT community can be a daunting place if you are not "visible" as a lesbian and are just coming out.I'd think this website is a good place to start exploring possibilities.

I empathize with the feeling of coming out and feeling like your love life is doomed because of geography. However, all you need is the one good person for you.Maybe going to meetups will help or just following some interests of yours will lead you to the right person.

Good luck!
caffeinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caffeinelover For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I feel the same way. I have tried online dating sites but the jury is still out. I think because I just want to date. I haven't been on the market for 34 years so in addition to the fact that I am older than many are looking for I have no idea how to flirt or start a conservation in a bar, etc. Always been a bit of a wallflower. I live in NJ and even though I have access to NYC it seems a little daunting
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

To me it seems online and bars are the best bet as far as the Evergreen state is concerned. If you are lucky you can end up meeting someone someplace random.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

BUMPED.......................
Old 08-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #6
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
BUMPED.......................
City Jails, County lock ups, and probation officers offices
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #7
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
City Jails, County lock ups, and probation officers offices
lmao homoe go for it !
Old 08-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #8
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

It isn't easy. Being femme makes it even harder. I feel that, if you are a femme, you have to be the one to start up the conversation. You have to let the person you are interested in actually get the idea that you are interested.

I feel like butches have an easier time meeting people because they are not invisible (most often).

I don't do that starting the conversation thing. Lol. I am really just too shy.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #9
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Okcupid and POF have quite a few in Spokane. I've even been contacted by a couple butches in Spokane (im in Canada) because the Butches I've talked to find it hard to figure out. Considering Spokane was listed in Autostradle as a total dyke city (from their survey response) kind of makes you despair that all the dykes are home, sitting on their couches wondering where each other is!!!
Try meetups as well, it's a website/app that gets local groups of people together. And if you don't see what you want, start a group in meetups yourself. I'm going to as soon as school is finished and I have time to be a hostess to a group (show up at every meeting for the first year)
I started one in Oxford and I had to leave just as it got underway
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #10
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shystonefem View Post
It isn't easy. Being femme makes it even harder. I feel that, if you are a femme, you have to be the one to start up the conversation. You have to let the person you are interested in actually get the idea that you are interested.

I feel like butches have an easier time meeting people because they are not invisible (most often).

Kind of funny, actually. Well-post testosterone FtMs are in the same boat as femmes!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #11
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shystonefem View Post

I tend to be invisible. Or maybe it's more oblivious.

But I definitely relate to the shy thing. I have trouble starting conversations.

Especially with an attractive femme. I get all tongue tied. And that suave butch I like to think I am ends up looking like a stumbling idiot.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

At this point, it's 100% online. I wish I had more of a community near me. The bit of community that is here is in Providence and that's taking a chance with my life driving there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #13
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wish I could figure out how to "Date" without ending up in a relationship. Which I guess is usually the point. Hmm..

Just someone I could take out for dinner or weekend excursions or simply have fun at events with.

The meetup idea is a good one; I went to a couple in Berkely while I was still in Ca and it was a good low pressure/interest based way to meet folks. I've been traveling too much of late for it, but now that things are calming down I think I'll try it in my new(ish) city soon. While I enjoy doing things on my own, and do, there are some things that are more fun when you have someone with you.

I agree that femme invisibility sucks. Especially for butches! (Can't pick you out of a crowd easily)
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #14
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

If anyone figures this out please post, I gave it up years ago.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #15
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I have put up a rather helpful post

Also, face book offers a bajillion groups to join. I've personally joined about 12 different local social meet up and event groups, 6 of which are dyke-queer focus, so I can have conversation with locals, know of local events within reach and when they happen. Most of these things are not advertised in papers or postered or fliers handed out. People don't do that much anymore - the way they advertise groups and events is through social media.

So joining facebook groups has been really helpful.

I type in search words and find a group to join that local and dyke. Then I look on the members list for someone who looks butch- then go to their page and look up all of their social groups because they might have some great groups I don't know about. I read about those groups, join the ones I like the sound of and repeat the process.

That way I find out a) where the butches and queers are actually going b) seeing where the femmes and girlies are going too. I found a couple femme friendship nights because of this.

It does take some research and a steep learning curve, and time, but if one is willing to try, it's great to learn the new ways social groups are coming together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #16
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post

Also, face book offers a bajillion groups to join. I've personally joined about 12 different local social meet up and event groups, 6 of which are dyke-queer focus, so I can have conversation with locals, know of local events within reach and when they happen. Most of these things are not advertised in papers or postered or fliers handed out. People don't do that much anymore - the way they advertise groups and events is through social media.

I type in search words and find a group to join that local and dyke. Then I look on the members list for someone who looks butch- then go to their page and look up all of their social groups because they might have some great groups I don't know about. I read about those groups, join the ones I like the sound of and repeat the process.

That way I find out a) where the butches and queers are actually going b) seeing where the femmes and girlies are going too. I found a couple femme friendship nights because of this.

It does take some research and a steep learning curve, and time, but if one is willing to try, it's great to learn the new ways social groups are coming together.
That's a great idea also! But ... my FB page is mostly work connections (okay, and I have no social life) - and most don't know I'm trans, so I don't want to join things that are queer (no shame, I don't go out of my way to hide it, but it's kind of private as well). I'll bet there is a privacy setting that will disallow others from seeing my groups - have to check that out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #17
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

There is also having a FB page that is your own. I do that. There is my career facebook page which has my real name, and my private life facebook page which is not my real name and shows *nothing* publicly. Solves everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #18
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
I tend to be invisible. Or maybe it's more oblivious.

But I definitely relate to the shy thing. I have trouble starting conversations.

Especially with an attractive femme. I get all tongue tied. And that suave butch I like to think I am ends up looking like a stumbling idiot.
Hey, I get the same exact way. It's no fun feeling like that either.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #19
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Quote:
There is also having a FB page that is your own. I do that. There is my career facebook page which has my real name, and my private life facebook page which is not my real name and shows *nothing* publicly. Solves everything.
This raises a question with me. I'm well aware of how social media and particularly facebook are now pretty much the default way that events, especially for sub-cultures, are promoted. I'm not on facebook nor am I comfortable with putting my real name out there to be snagged by random searches from distant relatives or old school acquaintances. Never mind the glaring security issues (as I see it).

I *think* I would enjoy participating in some of the groups I've seen mentioned on other sites and also to have better access to the local scene. My question then, since I've never been on it, is how do you go about setting up an alias? I was under the impression that an alias is somehow routed out or proof was required.

Yes, I live under a rock.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2015, 07:50 PM   #20
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

my gram said I should meet someone at church or in a library....neither has ever happened....

Tags
dating, femme, single, spokane, washington