Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #41
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.

I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.

I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul.

I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge. - Og Mandino
Beautiful!!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #42
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Two of my favorite things-

Sitting in front of a fire in my little fire pit

Wandering in the country taking pictures of neat plants, animals and falling down structures

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #43
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Allowed time for silence and quiet
Allowed time surrounded by friends

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #44
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I nuture myself by takeing time for me,I finaly realised it was ok for me to do that.
I got involved in shooting pool so now am on two teams with nice ppl.
Im eating right and working out 3 times a week
I also make shure I get enought rest.
Also im takeing myself less seriously,laughing more.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #45
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I love your responses, and find your posts comforting to me on some tough days. Thank you.

For me right now, my biggest effort at self nurturing is learning to accept ALL of me without blame, guilt or judgment.

By accepting, I don't mean that I allow myself to continue in unhealthy behaviors, rather I aim to acknowledge that they exist...that they are. Then I can look at them with open eyes and decide if it is something I choose to act on or if I feel better making a different choice. I do this with feelings and thought as well during meditation, allowing all feelings to be whether positive or negative, then allowing them to pass. It's working for me and helps me to find peace.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #46
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Hump Day!

One of the areas I am dealing with now is self nurturing while single. As a single person I need to remind myself to go and do things. As a transman it can be difficult to find much in the way of a social life when single. So I decided that I need to find some things I can do alone if necessary, that require me to leave the safety of my house...yup you guessed it, that leaves masturbation out...at least for me. Lol!

I began by signing my dog up for some obedience classes, even though he did not need the classes as he has been trained well, we both needed the socialization. So we go every Saturday for an hour and it is a blast for us both. After this class he will begin his agility training.

Next I started taking him to the park. This gives us both physical exercise, more bonding time, people watching (mostly squirrel watching for him) and inner peace.

Today I signed up for weekly Tai Chi classes. Ah! Something I have to do all on my own without the Bear there for comfort. Now all I need is someone to remind me to go on Tuesdays!

Peace
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #47
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Stress reduction techniques are nurturing for me. Can include music and dance, relaxation exercises and meditation, self hypnosis. Plain exercise that I can do.... making sure I take a good walk each day with my pooch and simply taking in the beauty around me. Honoring my spiritual needs has always been a key factor for self-nurturance for me in ways that fit me, not any organization or particular religion.

Most important is when I recognize what is causing imbalance, taking control and doing something about these things.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #48
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Hot baths and essential oils!

I like to get my feet pedicured when I can

Living stress free
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #49
FlowerFem

How Do You Identify?:
femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
dating

FlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST Reputation
Default nuture

I love to read. My favorite thing is to curl up on a Friday night and read a good book on the sofa. Maybe nod off and sleep all night right there. Treating myself to nice meals. Getting my hair and nails done, always makes me feel prettier.
FlowerFem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlowerFem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #50
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Happy Hump Day!

Today I signed up for weekly Tai Chi classes. Ah! Something I have to do all on my own without the Bear there for comfort. Now all I need is someone to remind me to go on Tuesdays!

Peace
Go on Tuesdays!

Ba dum BUM!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #51
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I know you did not just call me a dum bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Go on Tuesdays!

Ba dum BUM!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #52
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I know you did not just call me a dum bum!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #53
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Moving to a yard with a house on it...

I have fruit trees and rose bushes and chinees pumpkins and russian sage and lot of things that I don't know what they are but will let me get my hands dirty and lots of space to walk and swing and dream...

Oh.. the yard has a house that has a basement that has two perfect spaces for dedicated art spaces and one more random art space and a separate room for storage so I don't get clay or paint on anything...
Old 11-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #54
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i try to remember that it's just life. it's for living.

i have more adventures ahead and stories to live to be told.

i have so many loving people in my life. i forget to leave my little cave. they remind me.

i know that trepidation is ok. it jacks me up and propels me forward.

i realize (again) i can live an extraordinary life.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #55
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?

Not very well. It is one way I need to change in the new year. Right now, I'm cold and uncomfortable and I'm listening to old Al Green music, enjoying my dinner of a chicken breast and veggies. That to me is nurturing, but I don't do it very often. I still have that niggling feeling that I should be doing something.

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?

No, in fact the opposite. I don't tell people when I'm feeling poorly or ask them for anything. I'm very uncomfortable with "personal attention" in that way-including intimate times. I'm a giver, never a taker.

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?

Oh, no, lol. My parents were the "fix your own problems and don't bother others" type. I never saw either of them cry or seem needy. My mother did enjoy playing golf, so maybe that was her nurturing.

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?

Definitely, as I explained in #2. I always feel I'm "wasting" time when I should be more productive-especially if the entire day has gone that way.

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?

I find myself thinking that, and then realize that nurturing brings me peace and feelings of being loved, when I do it. So it's not hogwash at all. I need to convince myself that it's crucial for me, though.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #56
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Default today...and soon

[COLOR="DarkRed"]today i nurtured myself by not pushing myself. i did what was necessary, and no more. i allowed myself to take a nap in a warm bed...by myself.
soon, i will be living in a place that is as stress-free as possible. where i can concentrate upon taking care of myself and no-one else. where i can get back on the road to my meditative path. where i can practice tai-chi (great move, Jesse!) and qi qong without interruption. where i can eat wholesome foods as unprocesses as possible. where i can learn to laugh and be warm again. where being me is a good and interesting process.
thank Creen Tara for answering prayers! thank Chenrezig for being compassionate towards me! [thank the Medicine Buddha for the first steps towards being whole again!
thank a good friend for caring[ /COLOR]
pres
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #57
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I make everyone go the Hell away.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #58
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a really rough afternoon, so I gave the dog and I a spa treatment, trimmed nails, shaved our legs and I dyed my hair. I can't make the world spin kinder, but I have learned to be kinder to me.
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #59
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

We are well into the first month of the new year and fast approaching February and I found myself sitting here thinking about all of the changes I have made recently for the better.

The big news in my world is that I am no longer a smoker! I never thought I would be able to utter those words, in fact I never even tried to quit, because I just knew I couldn't do it. Well, I was wrong. The day came on January 5th, 2011 that I said,"I'm done smoking now." I put them down and have not looked back. I can already sense my health improving in the physical sense, what I had not counted on was the emotional improvement that came from not smoking. I feel really good for the first time in a long time.

This year, I am doing things for me that I have always wanted to do and this was the first big step.

The second thing was I joined a gym and am working out again to get back into shape. I am living my life for me, not for anyone else and I am happy!

What are you doing for you this year?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #60
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ironic this thread is up today.

How do I nurture myself?

Yoga. This practice requires one to slow down, get focused, stretch, release, meditate and brings balance to this life.

It is a whole lot better than xanax, sleeping aids, alcohol...well, wine after yoga is really a super combination.