Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Butch Zone

The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 11-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Being Young and Butch

I didn't see anything on here like this so I thought I would start a new thread. My apologies if there is already a thread....

I wanted to start to talk about what it meant to be butch as a kid... elementary, middle, and high school years...

I came accross this powerful story of a young butch in the South....

http://jezebel.com/5693696/a-butch-l...ells-her-story

Comments on Audri or sharing your own experiences is welcome!

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Great article City!

It is very interesting to hear from young people and what they are going through these days. I always knew I liked girls from the time I could practically lift my head, but I didn't know much about sex or sexuality until I was in my late teens and certainly wouldn't have known about "identifying" as anything at the age of 15. I hope kids still get to be kids.

Tip of my cap to all of our young people. You are all very brave to come out and be true to yourselves.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for posting BullDog!

I knew I was a little different when I was 8... I actually had three girlfriends at that age... I had no idea what I was doing but it sure was fun to play...

As I was sitting here reflecting on the article I started to think about the violence against young butches. I was beaten up once in my early 20's outside a lesbian bar in Boston (Somewhere Else... anyone remember it??).

As an adult butch I haven't faced anything in the form of violence like that. It amazes me the level of violence young butches face... I wonder if, as we age, we modify our behaviour (i.e. we are less cocky in "unsafe" places) or if the world around us actually treats us with a little more respect because THEY have matured. Certainly bullying is a phenomenon that is more prevalent amoung our youth... (or perhaps not)...

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Great article City!

It is very interesting to hear from young people and what they are going through these days. I always knew I liked girls from the time I could practically lift my head, but I didn't know much about sex or sexuality until I was in my late teens and certainly wouldn't have known about "identifying" as anything at the age of 15. I hope kids still get to be kids.

Tip of my cap to all of our young people. You are all very brave to come out and be true to yourselves.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I am still young a butch, and to this day that still means a great deal to me. I always knew i was butch, I knew i never did fit into the femme spectrum. I'd always act and look like a man. Even as far back as grade school. It wasn't easy for me to do, because I would get bullied really bad and sometimes I was bashed. But, to me, it was worth it to let the world see i was different. I followed with that through the rest of my school years. I remember coming out to my entire high school, and how everyone downgraded me and bashed me for being butch, but yet, I fought on. And, now, in college, I'm still young and butch, but I'm never afraid to show who I am or what i am. I'm me. i won't change for anyone.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote