Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I give him many titles.

Asshat. Jerk. Baby. Daddy. Snickerdoodle.

He gives me many titles.

Smartass. Brat. Babygirl. Evil incarnate.

Publicly, though I prefer classic and simple terms.

I call him love or my love.

Occasionally, I will address him to others as my other half.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #22
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

I call Scorp my wifeband or spouse, depending on who I'm talking to. I like beloved, though...I might have to start saying that.

She calls me wife. Or wifey-poo.

In our wedding, the officiant (Scorp's cousin) said, "I now pronounce you spouses for life."
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #23
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
" I now pronounce you as married in the eyes of God and man"
Wow! I love this!
Thank you MsTinkerbelly!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #24
TheUltimateButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome
Relationship Status:
To the moon and back.

TheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I live in one of the states that just recently made it legal for same sex couples to get married. YAY!! As a masculine person I'm having a hard time thinking of myself as anyone's "wife" and I don't think "husband" is fitting either. I am trying to figure out, once I'm legally married what my partner and I will refer to each other as. Any suggestions? Should we stick with the traditional terms or invent some new ones that might fit us better? How wonderful that we are living in an age when these are actual concerns. I'm hoping some of you can come up with some interesting ideas on this subject.

Thanks,
Maverick

Been married a year and still trying to figure it out! Thanks for sharing. Glad not to be the only one trying to figure this out!
TheUltimateButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheUltimateButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #25
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

We will also be exchanging vows and becoming legally married thanks to the new law passed in last election and then we will be called _____ ummmm not sure yet what the titles will be.

As for right now I was calling her my girlfriend but since the time I asked her to marry me I have been referring to her as my fiancée. I love the ring that has and it helps folks adjust to the idea that we will be getting married in our future.

I don't foresee having issue with calling her my wife but as for how I am to be referred, well, let's just say that I am not keen on using the typical hetero terminology. I am also not into the whole husbutch thing either. I know for a fact I would never use that term out in my everyday public life. Spouse is okay, but it too is really not doing it for me.

When I became a grandparent, I refused to have the "grnadma, granny, grammy" sort of names. I researched ways to address a grandmother in other languages. I am of Spanish and Yiddish descent. Most of my family uses the Spanish terminologies so I figured why not try the Yiddish... and that's how I came up with the title of Boobeh.

I'm pretty sure I will do the same for this. Much to consider but plenty of time to do so.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #26
Bevidotcom

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mrs, sweetie, baby,
Relationship Status:
Mrs. to the Mr.

Bevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST ReputationBevidotcom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateButch View Post
Been married a year and still trying to figure it out! Thanks for sharing. Glad not to be the only one trying to figure this out!
Since you are a veterinarian...how about Doctor & Mrs. ________!!
Bevidotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bevidotcom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #27
psykftm

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, healing

psykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so happy this thread is here, just thought about this yesterday. My gf are struggling a bit right now anyway, but I had thought about what would happen if everything worked out enough for us to want to get married in the future. We are both butch...I think she would be fine with wife if only I would be. I would prefer husband, but I'm sure my gf would not. We both hate that "who wears the pants" question, we always answer we're equals, so it would have to be an equal reference too.

Gonna have to follow this thread for sure
psykftm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psykftm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
For me, I am really over the term "My Partner." As a young person I always thought it made my gf and I sound like we were in business together or were partnered to play board games or cards.

I do not see myself as a "husband" because of all the historical misogny wrapped in that term. Spouse works for me. I will admit, I do like the sound of Mr. and Mrs.________.
Greyson , I agree very much with this statement. My wife and I are a very unique match in the Sence that She and I have 3 things in common . 1. Same humor , 2. Adventurous as we will try anything at anytime twice not once , 3. We love another and fit like a perfect key despite being opposites in every direction and we both agree that we have no clue Why two people who disagree about everything fit so well.
Like yourself, the term partner , upsets me as bad as your friend !
My retort is thus : I AM A NURSE, NOT A DOCTOR OR LAWYER OR BUSINESS MAN SO I DO NOT HAVE A PARTNER, AND WHAT FRIEND BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS !!!!
My wife is my wife and She prefers that title as do I prefer to call her that.
She will address me as her Daddy/ Spouse .
She will never say husband because She is a lesbian who happened to fall in love with a transgendered individual based on emotional, humor, semi smart haha , cant say goodlooking but She fell in love before any transitional actions .
We have and still partake in councelling for transitional issues etc..
Even what some may view a simple preference as a title can result in tension and lack of understanding . Who would have thought !!!!!! Not me until it occurred .
I think what matters is the end result of finding and agreement to the ultimate happy medium. We were able to do that , as we always seem to do . Sometimes its a rough road finding that place, but what Ive found in my 37 years is NOTHING worth while is ever easy and quick .
Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
TheUltimateButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome
Relationship Status:
To the moon and back.

TheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST ReputationTheUltimateButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevidotcom View Post
Since you are a veterinarian...how about Doctor & Mrs. ________!!
I am down with that and we are addressed that way. My problem is more about how she refers to me. Neither one of us are going to refer to me as her wife( dying just thinking about it). I am not her husband , just trying to find something that comes easily to both of us. Are you married? What do you refer to one another as?
TheUltimateButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheUltimateButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

pinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputation

Chiming in late to this thread. We love "husbutch", as we both think it captures the essence perfectly. I actually used it with a bunch of straight friends recently and it got an overwhelmingly positive response.
pinkajl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkajl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #31
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkajl View Post
Chiming in late to this thread. We love "husbutch", as we both think it captures the essence perfectly. I actually used it with a bunch of straight friends recently and it got an overwhelmingly positive response.
I heard a similar term that I love...."husbian" I give marks for creativity
Old 06-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #32
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

my ex-wife is butch. She was into butch-femme and was absolutely fine with it. I wouldn't have called her "my Mrs." though. Wife, to me, is not feminine. it's just female. She saw it the same way. But neither of us bought into hetero ideas of marriage either so we were fine.

I personally loved look across the room, grinning and say "oh the loud shouty laughing dyke? Yeah. that's my wife." I loved saying "that's my wife." thrilled me too bits. saying "that's my spouse" wouldn't really have the same... impact. for me. But I know if one is transqueer in terms of sex (not female) then I can see it not fitting. absolutely.

I wouldn't be able to call someone husbutch. It makes me cringe a bit. It just doesn't sound right to my ears, it sounds clunky and awkward. I'm sure to some couples it's great, but to me it's like writing "wimmyn" - constructed and uncomfortable. I'm just not one for it. But then I don't say "oh my femme friends..." or "see that butch over there?"

I think I just spent a long time in London where although people ID, it's just not called up much. It just kind of is. So all the qualifiers seems really... over used? to my ear. it's sounds like putting "gay" in front of everything. I'm taking my gay partner to see my gay friends and we're going to to a gay BBQ to eat some gay meat.

I prefer saying "me and the awesome fuck puppet are headed out with some mates to shove some nutrients in our talky holes. You in?" people know who I am and my friends genders and sexuality is irrelevant. No one's gender or sexuality is needed in that sentence.

But I know lots of people might find that verbiage awkward. Viva la difference...

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 06-24-2013 at 01:43 AM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post

I wouldn't be able to call someone husbutch. It makes me cringe a bit. It just doesn't sound right to my ears, it sounds clunky and awkward. I'm sure to some couples it's great, but to me it's like writing "wimmyn" - constructed and uncomfortable. I'm just not one for it. But then I don't say "oh my femme friends..." or "see that butch over there?"
Husbutch is very old school. It made me smile when I saw it because I haven't heard it in a while. Like you, though, it has always sounded clunky, just like wimmin has felt awkward. Perfecta adjectives for my experience, as well.

You helped me see wife in a different way...I did always think of it as "woman", rather than "female". Useful. Thanks!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #34
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I live in one of the states that just recently made it legal for same sex couples to get married. YAY!! As a masculine person I'm having a hard time thinking of myself as anyone's "wife" and I don't think "husband" is fitting either. I am trying to figure out, once I'm legally married what my partner and I will refer to each other as. Any suggestions? Should we stick with the traditional terms or invent some new ones that might fit us better? How wonderful that we are living in an age when these are actual concerns. I'm hoping some of you can come up with some interesting ideas on this subject.

Thanks,
Maverick

For a lifetime I and others have been waiting for this Marriage Title,

Unequivocally Legal and Equal.

Today could be the day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #35
BstlMyhart

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

BstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who I was with for many years and whom I exchanged rings with, though never could legally marry here called me "Hersband". Worked for her and I didn't mind it either.
BstlMyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BstlMyhart For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
We use Master and slave...

Hetero-normative titles don't really fit our union, we aren't ever really going to purposefully blend in so what we refer to each other as will be non conventional.

i have to go along with Snow here. The hetero-normative terms just do not fit. Master would be replaced with Goddess or Mistress though. i speak of my partner usually as my Goddess and even in the straight community they see it as a term of love or respect. i may say, "my Goddess is over there." and get no strange looks.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote