Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 AM   #61
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you JustJO!!!!! It is a journey finding out the best way to live well with diabetes but it can be done! And we can still be a happy productive person as well.
katsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katsarecool For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #62
Nikki

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Doesn't Matter
Relationship Status:
very attached

Nikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I love Italian foods. Instead of giving up on eating them, I just switched the pasta I use. I use whole grain wheats instead. The flavor changes, but I do what I have too to survive.

My diet has changed a great deal. I eat fruit and veggies every single day. I exercise by walking. I lift weights, and swim.

I am drinking coffee maybe 2x a day. Once in the morning and once after dinner. That is it.

Unfortunately I too have a very long family history of diabetes. It sucks. I miss eating like I used too. I miss the white pasta. Having a taco salad and eating the shell. Just the simple things like that. I just make changes to survive.

Hi,just wanted to add a few cents here. I am not diabetic, but I do eat a no sugar/carb diet. Has anyone tried Dreamfields Pasta? It is not wheat, so no weird taste. It does however, taste just like normal regular pasta and it has only 5 digestible carbs and was made for folks who are diabtetic or on the glycemic diet.

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/index.php
Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nikki For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #63
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Got my results back from my latest blood test...a1c was 6.6 - not fantastic, but I'll take it. Unfortunately, triglycerides are back up to stupid levels, so I'm on a new medication to bring them down. Cholesterol is up a bit too, but my good cholesterol is quite high, so she's giving me a pass on that.

I know the best tihng would be to get strict on the diet and walk an hour a day again...just so hard to maintain. Ugh.

On a brighter note, Scoote rubs my feet when they're bothering me...it may not be romantic to some, but it sure is to me.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #64
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Just Jo, 6.6 isn't bad!! But they want us under 6 right? Keep up the good work!!! I know it is hard to find time to take that walk with a new home to get ready, a small child and a love plus work. A lot on your plate!!! You will get there!

I am walking at least 2 miles six times a week now. I do not work. I do not have small kids. I am single. So I can find the time. The latest labs were all good. And the muscles in my calves are awesome! LOL

Take care everyone!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #65
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure about other areas & doctors, but mine wants my A1C below 7.

Keep up the great work Jo! (and give Scoote a nice bop over the head for me, would ya?)
Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #66
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravfem View Post
Not sure about other areas & doctors, but mine wants my A1C below 7.

Keep up the great work Jo! (and give Scoote a nice bop over the head for me, would ya?)
Yes, the standard is below 7....but every doctor I've had pushes for below 6 just because...

It's incredibly hard to do, especially since I'm an emotional eater (and a mild self-harmer, but that's another story) when I'm in distress. So....difficult times....and all I want is chocolate, ice cream, chips, and anything baked. Combine that with the fact that I have an exceptionally low actual tolerance for those things as far as my body goes....and I'm in a bind.

I worry about you being over 10 rav....that's high. I hope your doctor is working with you on it....and having you work with a nutritionist as well. I live in a great deal of fear about what unchecked diabetes can do to the body, after watching my aunt die horribly at age 58 from complications.

Please, please....to all of us who are living with this disease....please love yourself enough to take care of yourself. I know it's hard. I struggle with it daily, but we really are worth taking care of.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #67
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

My A1C was like a 6 or so and I have to check every morning and the levels have been running about 110 to 120 some mornings when I cheat with a baked good is up to 130 but I crave anything baked or sweet!! Good luck to those on the diet and Jo good luck to you on a 6.6 on your A1C!! have a great day everyone..
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #68
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Always amazed at what a difference exercise makes....doesn't need to be vigorous or intense either...

Scoote and I went for a long, slow stroll on the beach yesterday...just enjoying the sunshine and the waves...hunting shells....we walked a couple miles no doubt, but I didn't even break a sweat....and this morning my fasting blood sugar was 97
Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #69
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Hey there diabetic planeteers....

I just got back from the eye doctor, and am wondering if anyone has had any work done on their eyes (lazers, etc.) and if they'd be willing to share their experience...

I doubt I'll be going back to this doctor, just because I had a bad feeling for a whole variety of reasons, but he was advocating lazer treatments pretty aggressively and it got me wondering.

Anyone?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #70
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

My latest A1C was 4. In fact, for the last year it has remained at 4. I no longer have to prick my fingers, or follow the diabetic diet, but I do. I want to keep my blood sugar low. Being diabetic sucks. It really does. Every once in a blue moon will I allow myself to have dessert like rice pudding or a slice of cake. Everything is fruit. In sticking with this, I am pretty much off all of my diabetic meds, and am left on just 1 pill of Actos a day. And the dosage is low. I still have my 3 month blood test to follow my sugar level, but for the most part my endo. has told me that I am no longer diabetic by the truest sense of the disease.

I just got bifocals. However, I am in my late 40's. I never wore glasses before 2-3 years ago. Then my arms weren't reaching far enough away for me to read anything. I am having inserts put in my eyes for dry eye today. I have had dry eyes since I was a youngster. I just poured over the counter eye drops into my eyes to help. Now, I use the lubricating eye drops, which help a little. I don't have the gland that most people have that produce the lubrication/wash. My eye doctor told me that every time I blink it is like a vaccuum sucking out all of what is on my eye causing the dry eye. Now, after years and years of research, finally, there are these inserts that are suppose to help folks like me. And in fact, most diabetics suffer from dry eye. However, you have to ask your eye doctor if you have the gland or not. You may not be able to have this surgery.

I hope and pray that one day diabetes will have a cure. This disease really destroys one's body.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #71
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Nikki,

I cannot find Dreamfields pasta. Where did you find that?

I have tried the whole wheat pasta by other brands, but...gross. I just cannot take it. It doesn't taste "right" to me. But I enjoy whole wheat pizza for a bite or two. For me, I love baked cheese & veggies on top. I tend to eat what is on top of the pizza and leave the crust for the trash or someone else to eat. I have always done this. I am not a bread person.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #72
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile A not-so newbie

I was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with Type 2. It was a shock, to see the letters A O D M on my doctor's diagnosis sheet. Adult Onset Diabetes Mellitus.

Wow is this a crazy ride or what. Last time I went to the dr. and got my blood sugar tested 3 weeks ago, it was 141 and that was the highest it had ever been for someone who was normally 80-100 for 39 years! Scary stuff. That measurement was 4 hours post-lunch, too.

My mom got Type 1 at the age of 12 and valiantly struggled and coped with it until she died at the age of 59 in 2006 from cardiac complications and a systemic staph infection/cellulitis. She had also been on dialysis for 3 1/2 years at that point, had significant neuropathy in her hands and feet, and had problems with her eyesight. It was absolutely devastating to watch her health deteriorate more and more with each trip home for the last year or so (she was in NJ with my stepfather and her friend Eileen who helped care for her 24/7).

Now I have the disease things have changed overnight. My eyes are dry most of the time (and I have to make the initial appt with the eye doctor - someone kick my femme butt to get on that phone! ). My fingers and toes tingle from time to time. I find I now have to put on extra lotion on them every night and every morning. And one day I didn't eat for 7 hours straight after lunch because I was busy.... then fell asleep on the couch. Got up 20 minutes later to answer the door and thought, "well, I should be able to just walk across the room like normal and answer the door." Nope - I immediately got dizzy and fell over the coffee table! THAT scared me. Just got a bad bruise but it shook me up emotionally that not eating could affect me so profoundly. I've taken extra care not to let that happen again...

I'm on oral meds and haven't been instructed to get a glucose test kit yet, but it's scary thinking that I might have to (18 years of growing up hearing my insulin dependent mom say OUCH twice a day made me very phobic of blood and needles). Watching my mom almost die several times during her life from insulin attacks gave me an appreciation for the seriousness of this disease. Also is scary because my boi is Type 2, takes double the dose I do, and my boi refuses to test because it hurts her fingers (despite the doc telling her to do it). I don't want to get to the point where I have to give myself injections or get an increased dose of meds. So I guess I can say I'm going through a big grieving process right now.

I have been a struggling recovering compulsive overeater for the last 13 years. Due to my mother's death, diagnosis of a disability and losing my job of 9 years then being unemployed for 2 years, I gained 150 pounds from 2006-2009 and am now maintaining around 290-300. I am looking into a residential treatment facility for eating disorders at the suggestion of a friend in OA. We will see what happens next, there are a lot of steps to be taken before I consider something like that. But something needs to be done when I can't go up and down stairs comfortably anymore.

It means a lot to have other bf folks in my life to help me along the path of diabetes recovery and health improvement. Thanks for being here.

Good health to all,

Dressy
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #73
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

(((((( DressyFemme )))))) ...I know what you're feeling right now and it's a shock...and scary...and depressing....and I know it made me more than a little angry too.

Here's the good news...you really can do this. I'm the biggest needle-phobe you ever met, and I got to the point that I can test my fingers without pain. Try different devices if you need to...I use a testing "pen" that is very adjustable and, if I use the side of my fingers, it doesn't hurt. It also has an adapter so I can test anywhere. I haven't had to, but it's good to know that I can if I need to.

I'm surprised that your doctor put you on meds without getting you a testing meter. It's really critical that you learn how your own body reacts to the disease. Some diabetics can eat things that others can't....and no one can tell you that. You've got to learn it through trial and error.

Ouch on the fall over the coffee table...and I hear you...I've passed out in my own driveway shoveling snow and in my back yard weeding. It's really important to eat....small amounts and frequently.

PM me if you like, and I'll be happy to share my yahoo with you too. This was a difficult transition for me, and I am totally here for you.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #74
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I use a testing "pen" that is very adjustable and, if I use the side of my fingers, it doesn't hurt. It also has an adapter so I can test anywhere. I haven't had to, but it's good to know that I can if I need to.
This is the device I use...Accu Chek Soft Clik lancet pen... http://www.americandiabeteswholesale...e_1206_143.htm
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #75
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Back from the doctor...A1c is still a solid 6.6...

She's hemming and hawing about upping my medication a little because she is pushing to get me below 6. I understand, but it's difficult to accomplish for sure.

After a bit of back and forth she gave me that look and said..."I'm not changing your meds this time, but I want you to start to really watch your carbs closely again. Cut down on all of it...bread, potatoes, corn, nothing baked....you know how to do this."

Truth is...I do know how to do this. I just hate doing it.

It's kind of what I was saying in the deadly sin thread....this pushes all my envy buttons. Why can other people eat candy and cookies and ice cream and I can't?

I know what works for me...throw the sugar and the potato chips and the white flour anything in the garbage. Don't eat bread. Don't eat starchy veggies. Live on lean meat and vegetables and non-fat dairy products. If I must have a "sandwich", put it on a single whole wheat tortilla and wrap that sucker.

Yep, I know how to do this. Grrrrrrrrr......
Old 02-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #76
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I'm on a low carb/no sugar diet and lost up to 7 lbs already and like it very much. Its heavy on the protein so that is good...good luck to all of you on the diet!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #77
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hello all....

My numbers have been on the rise, for no apparent reason than they can. I am up to 40 units of 70/30 mix Novalog in the morning and at bedtime, regular Insulin as needed, and still take my 10mg extended release Glucotrol.

I know from experience that I am a bit dehydrated which ups my numbers, but I have been so busy that I forget to eat and drink quite frequently....my numbers don't go down when I forget to eat...they just stay the same or go up if I get an internal sugar release.

Sorry for whining, I'm in a bit of a funk.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #78
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Whining is totally allowed MsT.... I get in that place a lot myself...like when all I want is a Snickers bar.

So important to eat regularly and stay hydrated....take care of yourself!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #79
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I had my thyroids and whatever they can test for with blood,the only thing that my doc said was,your sugar is up a tad,no she didnt tell me how much b ut said to check out what ive been eating and see what I can change to something better.So I now use splenda for sugar if I need it,I have been exersiseing for three days a week for a while so thats covered.I do eat whole wheat bread for the most part I do like my french bread now and again.So yesterday I got a letter from the diatishion at the hospital for an appoingment wich I cant make cause of work,so I called her.I think she and the doc need to get on he same page cause she was going on like I was full onset diabeties,after she stoped talking my head off and I could geta word in edge wise I ask a fue questions and also told her what the doc said.She agrees im not diabetic but need to watch my diet and exersise.So I told her I already was watching my food better and have been working out for a while.Bytime we got off the phone I will be looking for some crazy weired diet to come in the mail for me to follow..I have no idea how they can get a reading on my sugar with one test, this was done dureing the thanks giveing holliday season,u can bet I was bakeing all sortd of goodies and tasting them.The diatishion said they run a 3 month average on the results...bull hocky.I may be in denial but if thay wanted a true reading they should have not done it dureing the hollidays when the doc knows im a bakeing fool at that time.At the moment im a lotta pissed about it all ...hells bells this is the last think I want to deal with.It dosent run in mu family at all,I had an ultrasound done a couple of months ago cause my gaull bladder was acting up so they checked my pancrease(sp?) and liver then and said they were in great shape.At the moment I dont know what to think,confused I am.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #80
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Back from the doctor...A1c is still a solid 6.6...

She's hemming and hawing about upping my medication a little because she is pushing to get me below 6. I understand, but it's difficult to accomplish for sure.

After a bit of back and forth she gave me that look and said..."I'm not changing your meds this time, but I want you to start to really watch your carbs closely again. Cut down on all of it...bread, potatoes, corn, nothing baked....you know how to do this."

Truth is...I do know how to do this. I just hate doing it.

It's kind of what I was saying in the deadly sin thread....this pushes all my envy buttons. Why can other people eat candy and cookies and ice cream and I can't?

I know what works for me...throw the sugar and the potato chips and the white flour anything in the garbage. Don't eat bread. Don't eat starchy veggies. Live on lean meat and vegetables and non-fat dairy products. If I must have a "sandwich", put it on a single whole wheat tortilla and wrap that sucker.

Yep, I know how to do this. Grrrrrrrrr......
I dont blame u for being pissed,I would be too.I am not in any way looking forwards to the dam diet list when it comes in...at all.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: