Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #1361
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Treadmill Time!

I had a decent day at the sweat box this morning. I ate crap last night and too much of it, so it affected how I felt this morning. There were very few running stints given to me by the program I set. I told you that T33 and I were bonding. She totally recognized my 'this isn't gonna happen' stride and adapted.

Instead, I bumped the program level up a few notches throughout the hour so that I could get something extra out of it without it being too much for me.

65 minutes, 3.55 miles, 371 calories.

The few running intervals I had were between 6.0-7.0 mph (4 total, including the minute I used of the cool down for one) and I started at level 3 and wound up at level 7.

I didn't sweat as much today. Less sudden force effort, so that makes sense, but I didn't realize that when I don't sweat as much I always have to pee.

Before I'm done.

So the last 10 minutes were a battle between my organs and bits, because I was not stopping early for a potty break. Not gonna happen. Due to my medical history, these kind of battles can be tricky. When my kidneys and bladder say jump, I'm usually in the air asking how high, but today I got everything done that needed to be done in a timely manner and without shorting myself or springing a leak.

I consider that a success!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #1362
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

It was another quiet day at the gym for me. I did 60 minutes on the Stair Master (45/50 intervals), followed by a combined 30 minutes of core strengthening exercises and stretching.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #1363
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I want a Stair Master soooo bad. I had one at the Y in WA but I would have to pay for one of the high end gyms around here to get use of one. I could do stairs in my hallways but they are more metal and less rubber and I'm a bit klutzy. Bad combination.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #1364
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default GOAL!!!

I think I will be moving my body more. I picked up one of those Nike FUEL bracelets today. Not the newest generation, an older one that they still sell at the Nike Outlet near us.

Today was my first day and the dog found himself with an additional walk so that I would meet my goal for the day.

The bummer is that I only have an iPhone3 and I need a 4 or above to track it on my phone. I can check my progress on the computer, though.

I doubt I will be able to reach this goal during the work week, though. I work in an office, with no real walking going on there. I would have to walk the dog for about a hour each night to reach this goal. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I go in late on Mondays, and I have been trying to get dog walk in before work.

I am not sure how well this thing tracks on an eliptical. I know that on a stationary bike where there is no arm movement it looks as though you have done nothing. I mainly bought the bracelet for all the hiking/trail walking we do in the summers. I never now how far I walk and how much I burn in calories.

But, now that I have worn this bracelet all day and saw the little flashing "GOAL" sign this evening, I want it to happen every day! God, I'm like a kid <eyeroll>

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #1365
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This morning I did my rubber band torture early and then went for a really nice three-mile walk on the beach. I still have to do my balancing act this evening.

Is it just me that thinks having something track your walking and other leg based exercises by only measuring your arm swing is a little strange? Hmm…

Hey Dapper, if you're still on an iPhone 3 you must of had your contract long enough now you should be able to get the 4s for free.

Gemme, you can haul in my groceries anytime *third floor walk up*.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #1366
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This morning I did my rubber band torture early and then went for a really nice three-mile walk on the beach. I still have to do my balancing act this evening.

Is it just me that thinks having something track your walking and other leg based exercises by only measuring your arm swing is a little strange? Hmm…

Hey Dapper, if you're still on an iPhone 3 you must of had your contract long enough now you should be able to get the 4s for free.

I know, Kelt, I am just a slacker. I keep thinking I may change to another brand, but have yet to look into it, so time just keeps marching on...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #1367
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

I said stairs but I never mentioned groceries.

Hard limit!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #1368
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Tunes are ready, heading out for my morning run and I'm considering stopping in for an early morning yoga session. Perhaps it will unlock some hidden intellectual power to help me study today. A girl can hope.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #1369
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It was a good day for me. I went to the gym and found the fans on a speed faster than slow, so that was exciting. I did my usual hour, playing with running intervals and incline. I did running intervals the first half and then turned up the incline for the second half.

65 minutes, 430 calories, 3.83 miles

I like the random program because it's, well, random. Some days I get more incline and some days I get lots of running intervals. I started at level 3 and worked my way up to level 10. My running intervals were from 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes each and ranged from 6.0 to 7.0 mph.

A fun bonus to my day was a sign I saw on my way out. My gym now has a vibrating massage booth thingy. I have a membership that allows me full use of it, so I tried it. Woo weee!

Think of a curved triangle shaped standing tanning booth with pinkish-white bulbs and a vibrating rubber floor and music of my choice booming through the system. Supposedly, it helps to massage the muscles as well as the light helping with winter blahs and even helping to keep the skin clear if used regularly. Of course, there are skin care products that can be hawked with it too but my gym's so lazy, they never mentioned them. I read about the products on the poster inside the room.

BUT

I will say this. After a long workout, all of that vibrating did feel good and it changed in intensity, which was cool. I did feel happier when I got out but the tunes were awesome and would have pumped me up anyway. The light is SUPER bright so I teared up a bit (light sensitivity) but I do like that you can go in it fully clothed and not have to worry about anything. You can bring your own MP3 in there if you don't want to take a chance on their music.

Next time, I'm trying the hydro massage table. I can lay down for that one. Sweet!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #1370
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did an hour on the Stair Master (Intervals 45/50). Jill was next-door on the elliptical going at the speed of lightning. We exchanged eye contact, a smile and a "hey" nod. That was impressive.

Then I did a combined hour of weight lifting, planks, abs, and yoga. I did a very small "plank fart." I felt a tiny "air bubble" during said plank and decided to just go for it (to silently discharge it during the plank, in order to multi-task). Now that takes true technique given that the ass and whole body are so tight during a plank. Sorry for the over-share, but it's not always easy to think of something that distinguishes one gym day from the next, and ya gotta go with what ya got...

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #1371
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Tough act to follow

Todays beach walk was against about a 40mph headwind. Yep, "resistance" exercise today. It had the beach almost empty and there was an old guy (my age?) out there hitting golf balls and looking pretty pleased about it. Did he really think it was his skill with that much tailwind?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #1372
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I did an hour on the Stair Master (Intervals 45/50). Jill was next-door on the elliptical going at the speed of lightning. We exchanged eye contact, a smile and a "hey" nod. That was impressive.

Then I did a combined hour of weight lifting, planks, abs, and yoga. I did a very small "plank fart." I felt a tiny "air bubble" during said plank and decided to just go for it (to silently discharge it during the plank, in order to multi-task). Now that takes true technique given that the ass and whole body are so tight during a plank. Sorry for the over-share, but it's not always easy to think of something that distinguishes one gym day from the next, and ya gotta go with what ya got...
I love Jill stories. And fart stories. Ok, so I like Jill stories better, but yeah, a story to distinguish the days is better than nothing.

Since Saturday, I have hit my "fuel goal" every day but yesterday. But, that was TF's fault. Kidding, but not really.

EDIT: I just looked back and read where I wrote that I doubted I could hit the Fuel goal during the week. I have been walking the dog for aobut 20 minutes in AM and 20 minutes in PM, at high pace. Wearing it during the day (pleased to see it can be hidden under my dress shirts), helps me hit the mark. I know I need to up the exercise, but I am glad that I am doing at least something at this point. Today I did 20 minutes this AM, 15 this evening, and then hit the eliptical for 15, so I am getting there.

Something else interesting. I wear this bracelet at all times and it starts over at zero at 12:00AM. It is interesting to see that I only take about 13 "steps" in my sleep when I am sleeping by myself, but when I invite the dog into bed (last night), I walked 165 "steps". Will be interesting to see how many "steps" I take while next to TF this weekend.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #1373
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

My god this is tempting,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Will be interesting to see how many "steps" I take while next to TF this weekend.
Good thing you're my buddy.

No, actually, I just respect TF too much.

Dang, it's just laying there!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 04:59 AM   #1374
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
My god this is tempting,

Good thing you're my buddy.

No, actually, I just respect TF too much.

Dang, it's just laying there!

Haha!

I realized I meant to say 65 steps, not 165!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #1375
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Today is my first private Pilates class. I am really excited and looking forward to it.

Next on tap, joining the Y, just down the street, to supplement Pilates with pool/aqua exercises. Thanks for that tip Chancie!

Hmm, no swimming smilie?

:swimming:

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #1376
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Of course, as soon as Dapper gets a tracker I have to see this article:

Lots of Health Apps Are Selling Your Data. Here's Why

I like the part about city planning, insurance companies not so much.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #1377
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did an hour on the Stair Master (45/50 intervals), followed by a combined hour of weight lifting, leg exercises, and yoga.

During the first hour I made a blunder with Jill's best friend, a butch-lesbian-looking, African-Amerian trainer at the gym. She stands at Jill's Stair Master and socializes with Jill from the floor.

The blunder I made is an intricate story involving shady shenanigans on my part as usual. An elderly white man was on my favorite Stair Master that is nearest the plug in the floor that I like to use when I watch DVDs on my old school DVD player (Today I was forcing myself through the "Snapped" tv series.). So I had to get out my extension cord and secretly weave it through the bottom of his Stair Master in order to use that one open plug. I try and make it inconspicuous because I'm not supposed to be taking over the gym this way. You could say I'm somewhat of a menace, and you'd be right.

If you'll recall last time I did this, I accidentally tripped Jill because the wire to the plug is like a trap the way I have it set up but it's the only place to do it. So I solved that original problem (after tripping a few other folks), by placing a small pink gym bag on top of the wire. It was an interesting experiment that I was able to watch from the Stair Master. Now no one trips because their eyes fall on the pink bag so they step around or over; whereas before the wire did not stand out enough by itself to draw the eye and prevent a stumble.

Sooo... today Jill's best friend came by and said to the elderly man, "Whose bag is this?" He said, "I don't know. It's been there a long time." So the trainer picked up the bag to take to the lost and found. All of a sudden, I realized what was happening and said, "I'm sorry, that's my bag!" Then I tried quickly to get off the machine to take away the offending bag, at which point, out of my rhythm, I knocked my elbow against the old school (very sturdy, never breaks) DVD player, and it went flying through the air crashing to the ground beneath the Stair Master. The trainer said, "Are you okay?" I said, "Yes, I just dropped something." She looked at me like I was crazy (I am), and I looked back at her and said, "It's just one of those moments..." She looked at me like I was acting even crazier (I was.). Things were very awkward, and I gathered all my trouble-making stuff and left for the weight lifting area posthaste.

Jill was not there at that time. I was lifting weights, and there was poor air circulation in the gym (stuffy and hot). It was pretty empty in the gym and warm outside with an impending thunderstorm. Through the windows I could see that it was growing slowly but progressively more ominous and dark outside. A sense of doom began to overtake me. Especially after that mess I made at the Stair Master, I started to feel like I was too weird and alone in the world. What does it say when even Jill is not at the gym? Then staring into the mirrored wall ahead of me, I saw a reflection of Jill walking in her strange, muscular bow-legged swagger towards her preferred elliptical, and I breathed a sigh of relief. All felt normal again.

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 05-10-2014 at 08:02 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #1378
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had to force myself to go to the gym today, though it was the perfect day for it. A holiday plus beautiful weather makes for a near empty gym. My favorite kind!

I decided to use a different program today. I used the personal trainer option, which allowed me to set my caloric goal for the workout but it was less helpful than I hoped. All it did was literally kick into cool down as soon as I hit my goal of 300 calories.

I did play with incline and some running intervals, as I tend to do. In the end, my stats are:

322 calories, 2.79 miles, 49:13 minutes.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #1379
ForeverMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones please

ForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST Reputation
Smile My day

My exercise experience today was less than optimal. I cooked, cleaned my entire first floor of my house, prepared one flower bed for flowers this week and cleaned the porch. Other than that handful of calories burned I took a nice risk walk this am. You are all inspirational to me. If only my back would cooperate maybe I would get more accomplished in my days.
ForeverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ForeverMe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #1380
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Because of my knee issues I am on a lite work out plan that means I can do what ever dosn't cause me to use my left leg in any way.So I have gotten invnative but it still isn't what I would like to be doing.What I miss is doing abb work cause that is my biggest problem,today I found this gizzmo in a catalog that should work for the abb work I have been missing,I may be blowing $$ down the drain but I gotta try and see how it works out.I am also on metformin for the last month,it has really done a good job of keeping my sugar down to a way better count...I also have lost 7 pounds sense I have been taking it med.The doc said it may help me lose weight but I didn't expect it to do this much,I sure hope it contenues I am liking the smaller numbers on the scale.It has been a long time sense I saw 253.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights