Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default InstaPot Anyone??

Ok i was skeptical, i thought this was going to be another appliance destined for the garage...but OMG. I.LOVE.THIS.THING.

Does anyone else use one?

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

I don't use it as much as my spouse-to-be, but I have touched a few buttons.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

What is it? Like a crock pot but cooks in a fraction of the time?
Old 09-23-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Ok i was skeptical, i thought this was going to be another appliance destined for the garage...but OMG. I.LOVE.THIS.THING.

Does anyone else use one?

is it like a fast cooking crock pot ? lol mel
Old 09-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
What is it? Like a crock pot but cooks in a fraction of the time?

It does EVERYTHING! It is actually a pressure cooker, but it also functions as a slow cooker, a pressure cooker, even makes yogurt.

We cooked baby back ribs in it for 25 minutes today and they fell off the bone... SO good!

I can *boil* a dozen eggs at a time and they peel SO easy and are cooked perfect every time.

It’s amazing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 07:57 PM   #6
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It does EVERYTHING! It is actually a pressure cooker, but it also functions as a slow cooker, a pressure cooker, even makes yogurt.

We cooked baby back ribs in it for 25 minutes today and they fell off the bone... SO good!

I can *boil* a dozen eggs at a time and they peel SO easy and are cooked perfect every time.

It’s amazing.
Don’t forget it’s a rice cooker too!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #7
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Care to share your rib recipe, Dee?

I have one but haven’t used it very often. The first time I used it, I made a pork roast that turned out so tender and juicy. I tried to make a pork roast again, and it came out so damn dry that it was comical.

Haven’t tried it as a rice cooker yet.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It’s amazing.
This is awesome! Actually perfect gift for my sister too! You just helped me more than you know! Thanks!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
Care to share your rib recipe, Dee?

I have one but haven’t used it very often. The first time I used it, I made a pork roast that turned out so tender and juicy. I tried to make a pork roast again, and it came out so damn dry that it was comical.

Haven’t tried it as a rice cooker yet.

Sure! I cleaned up the fat etc off the ribs, dried them, then did a dry rub on them. (Whatever you have )

I put them in the InstaPot with a cut onion on the little rack standing up for 25 min. Slow release for 10. They melted off the bone!

Then i put them in the broiler with Baby Rays cause for about 10 .

All done!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #10
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

their pressure cookers ~ I hope their not made in China the price will sky rocket ! I just saw them on line for $35.00 +
Old 09-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #11
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
their pressure cookers ~ I hope their not made in China the price will sky rocket ! I just saw them on line for $35.00 +
Huh? The ones I saw were averaging 80 to over 100
Old 09-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #12
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
i have no idea what that is about. We got ours at Kohl’s.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #13
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

They sell them at Walmart, come in several different quart amounts, and are one of the greatest things ever made.

I made a cake, roast, turkey, chicken, beans, rice, stews, bread...etc. etc. etc.

I just google “chicken Marsala for instapot” (for example) and bam, several recipes to choose from.

Bake, stew, roast, rice, sauté, steam, AND it has a slow cooker feature!

Best kitchen gadget EVER!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 05:05 AM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think you are looking at something else or a knock off. The InstaPot does several different functions; not just pressure cooking.

The actual InstaPots go for about $100 on average. I found mine at Walmart. They only had 10 of them and I got it for about $80. They haven't had any since.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #15
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Me me me! I've had mine for a couple of years- it was an amazon prime special one day so I got a really good deal on it. Over the summer I mostly just used it to hard boil eggs (shells pull right off!) but now that it's cold out I'll be doing soups and stews in there for sure. Love it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #16
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

So glad I saw this thread!

I’m seriously considering full time RV living for a few years and a LOT of the YouTube videos I’ve seen about that community have mentioned that instapot is amazing. I also read that Ree Drummond is coming out with a pretty version for Walmart so I think I’ll wait for that!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #17
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Quote:

Sure! I cleaned up the fat etc off the ribs, dried them, then did a dry rub on them. (Whatever you have )

I put them in the InstaPot with a cut onion on the little rack standing up for 25 min. Slow release for 10. They melted off the bone!

Then i put them in the broiler with Baby Rays cause for about 10 .

All done!
Baby Rays BBQ sauce...you must have been sleep posting lol.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #18
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
WRONG ADD ~ forget that price I was reading the wrong add. lol sorryyyyy
Old 09-24-2018, 06:43 PM   #19
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
WRONG ADD ~ forget that price I was reading the wrong add. lol sorryyyyy
WHEW! ..................
Old 09-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #20
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Me me me! I've had mine for a couple of years- it was an amazon prime special one day so I got a really good deal on it. Over the summer I mostly just used it to hard boil eggs (shells pull right off!) but now that it's cold out I'll be doing soups and stews in there for sure. Love it.
the eggs! They are so good and cooked perfectly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: