Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 08-12-2018, 05:42 AM   #161
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Our order from The Herbivorous Butcher arrived a few days ago, it included brats, rib-eyes, burgers etc...for anyone who was/is a carnivore and enjoy the texture of meat, I highly recommend.

Obviously, their "meat" is meat free, and their cheeses are 100%vegan. They make small batches of meat free meat and cheeses by hand. This brother and sister team is out of Minneapolis, their shipping and packaging are top notch. They make their own shipping coolers.

If any of you order from them, let me know what you think.
Ok, A, I just ordered from them and can't wait to get all of the goodies. I ordered the pepperoni, mozzarella, maple sage breakfast sausage, maple glazed bacon, and the korean bbq ribs. I am excited to try the bacon because that is one thing I have attempted to make multiple different ways and have not been satisfied with the results. Also, I have thought about making my own mozzarella, but I think I would like to see how theirs is first since their ingredients are similar to the recipes I have. Also, no added salt (other than what is in the soy sauce and such) which is awesome because that is why I stopped buying anything pre-made, like sausages, because the sodium levels are ridiculous and I would feel like shit after eating them. Add in freezer friendly and free shipping and I am good! Thanks for introducing this to me!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #162
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

I failed to mention this re The Herbivorous Butcher.

They also run a farm animal rescue sanctuary! Look at the pictures on their web site!
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #163
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Anytime anyone doesn't want their beets, send them my way! Roasted, zoodled, Harvard, pickled, et cetera. The only way I can't remember having them is fried and now that that is in my head, I'm going to think about that.

I'm currently making a batch of spaghetti sauce (gravy, if you prefer) with Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles, some leftover fresh salsa, fresh garlic, an herbed and garlic sauce base and mushrooms. I've used it before as a meat substitute and it worked out really well although this particular combination is new. I bought some chipotle salsa that I didn't really like and didn't want to waste it so there you go. We'll see.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #164
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

if you're into mushrooms like i am then you might enjoy mushrooms, browned in a Vegan butter (i use Miyoko's), take out of pan and add a bit more butter, brown sweet onions, (with a bit of garlic) and if you like add some green, red and yellow bell peppers sliced. Cook a pasta in the meanwhile, drain. Put pasta in bottom of casserole dish. Layer with onion/pepper mixture, then add browned mushrooms. Then I top with a sprinkle of Vegan Mozz and Poppyseeds (my weakness). Bake until cheese slightly melts or warmed thru. Serve with an avocado and tomato salad. It's simple and kinda heavenly if you love that sort of thing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #165
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Three Girls Vegan Creamery-worthy

http://www.threegirlsvegan.com/?v=7516fd43adaa
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #166
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

having tea..earl grey with a thin slice of Vegan banana bread & coconut yogurt topped with a sprinkle of granola & berry compote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #167
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Game changer. Homemade vegan bouillon powder.

http://www.plantpowercouple.com/reci...uillon-powder/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2018, 05:28 PM   #168
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Two of my favorite things:

Vegan cream of asparagus soup. So good and so easy.
https://thatgirlcookshealthy.com/veg...s-soup-recipe/ (And I only use the low fat coconut milk from the can. I like my soups thicker and the other coconut milk, not in the can, is much thinner.)

And if you are a fan of Annie's Goddess dressing, you have to try this. This is as close as you can get without going out and buying it. (I only use tahini, low fat coconut milk from the can, and soy sauce, not tamari)

1/3 cup tahini (or cashew butter)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 + cup chopped green onion
1 tbsp sesame seed
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari sauce (Coconut aminos for whole 30 option)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 a lemon squeezed)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper each (to taste)
1 tsp minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk (see notes for this)
1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
optional – to make thinner dressing add in 2 tbsp water or a bit more oil.

Be sure to chop all your veggies first. Measure them out.
Place everything but the oil in a food processor. Pulse or thin out. Then keep the food processor running and add in your oil slolwy. Add more onion or salt at the end if desired. (And I throw it all in at once. I don't add the oil separately.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #169
paintedleofemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,her
Relationship Status:
Married

paintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone, vegetarian here, married to a carnivore, which makes life very hard because she sometimes pushes meat on me! If I could find a vegetarian FTM or butch in my area to hang out with that would be great!

Don't like me? Take a seat with the rest of the losers waiting for me to give a damn.
paintedleofemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #170
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedleofemme View Post
Hi everyone, vegetarian here, married to a carnivore, which makes life very hard because she sometimes pushes meat on me! If I could find a vegetarian FTM or butch in my area to hang out with that would be great!
Forgive me if I'm not understanding correctly, but why only an FTM or butch? Why not a femme vegetarian? Why restrict your focus?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #171
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I've been slowly trending towards vegetarianism for years, mostly on ecological grounds, and have tried various vegetarian alternatives to meat and cheeses out of a combination of curiosity and, well, I've been a lifelong picky eater that wouldnt eat my greens! Going for the ersatz version of what I was eating previously seemed the easy way into eating a more ecologically efficient diet.

I was delighted to find that a chain store called Iceland here in the UK has started stocking vegetarian and vegan meat alternatives and ready meals both in serious quantity and reliably, too - as in, it's not just a short term thing that will dissapear from their range in a few months time. They do these veggie-burgers (as in a burger-sized patty in breadcrumbs that contains all kinds of mixed beggies, NOT a fake meat burger) that I get on with fine, so for the first time in my life I'm eating SOME greens and general veggies practically every day!

I also get some greens from having the occasional pizza which apparently uses humous (spelling?) instead of cheese and is covered with tomato chunks and green stuff that I thiunk may be spinach. Tastes good! They also carry an excellent range of fake-beef burgers ("No Bull" burgers - theyre made in France), although the fake pulled-pork burgers from teh same range arent anything to write home about, bit lacking in flavour if y'ask me.

What with the fake cheeses available now, the only thing stopping me from going full vegetarian is milk. As in, milk I can put in a cup of tea and end up with a nice tasting cup of tea. Some of the fake milks taste OK to drink as they are to me, but in tea? YEUCH! If anyone here knows of a good substitute for cows milk to be added to tea, please let me know!

I don't lose any sleep over eating the occasional bit of meat, especially as I've never been a great meat-eater anyway*, but aside from a cheese and ham sandwich the other day, I havent eaten any meat in weeks now. Nor bacon in many months. I started finding real bacon as gross a it is tasty a couple of years ago (it's the fat and texture; I prefer the texture of the fake stuff) And that last can of corned beef on my shelf - oh my, but that stuff is yummy, but heck, I'm on tablets for blood pressure, so I really shouldnt eat anything that salty anymore. I'm erring ever closer to donating it to a food bank. It'll be a bit of a landmark when that goes, one way or another, I think. Its been there untouched for about half a year now. I'm determined that I wont be buying any more, because it's bad for me.

*if you're wondering what the heck a non-vegetarian that doesnt like greens and didn't eat much meat either (nor fruit, come to that!) ate - mostly staples and a little something extra for flavour. Somwhow I managed to avoid any serious dietary deficiencies, but how I have no idea!
Old 08-21-2019, 05:40 AM   #172
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I recently spotted that BirdsEye are now making fake meat burgers from pea protein. I hadn't realised that that was a thing. So naturally I bought some to try. They were pretty good!

Flavour-wise, if anything they seemed to suggest a hint of pork rather than beef* which is great as it means that by switching between brands of burgers I can experience a range of tastes rather than same old, same old all the time. Texture and everything else was fine.

What I don't know yet, but hope to look into, is the ecological aspect of making fake meat products, be they from soya, mycoprotein or pea protein. At the moment, I am just hoping that it's better to eat fake meat burgers, ecologically speaking, than the real thing. If anyone reading this has some hard info on the matter, I'd love to see it!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #173
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

For those of you who transitioned out of eating dairy, how did you go about it? I'm not sure I can be 100% vegan or not but I really want to cut back on my dairy intake. Mostly cheese trips me up. It's one of my all time favorite foods and it seems like all my favorite foods have cheese in it. Also, there really is no substitute for dairy in a cup of tea. Really, I've tried.

Also, I need to do veganism on the cheap, which is very difficult. People always tell you it's cheaper to cook for yourself and I scoff at that when I can buy a box of mac and cheese for 88¢ or a thing of ramen for a dollar or two. That's several meals right there for like $5 when you count milk and butter for the mac and cheese.

Buying a bunch of fresh veggies and cooking is not cheaper than how I have to eat now, so any suggestions on how to make veganism more budget friendly, let me know. I don't cook a lot know besides things out of a box so I also do not have a well stocked pantry. So a recipe is like an investment what with having to buy spices and all.

Help please! I don't feel like I can overhaul my entire diet at once but am looking more for suggestions of where to start small.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #174
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

CCB, do you have a crock pot? I have a couple of really low cost vegan dishes that I like to do in a crockpot. Very much- dump in ingredients and turn it on and come back in 6-8 hours.

One is a vegan split pea soup. I think that the last time I broke it down it came to about $5 for about 12 servings of soup.

Another is a red bean stew I like to make, red beans with a can of diced tomato, chopped carrots, and any other veggies that might sound good. Spice it up with either regular savory items like garlic, or spice it up with hot sauce. Good plain or over rice or with a piece of cornbread. If you catch the canned goods when they are on sale and stock up it helps make it even less expensive than it already is.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #175
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
For those of you who transitioned out of eating dairy, how did you go about it? I'm not sure I can be 100% vegan or not but I really want to cut back on my dairy intake. Mostly cheese trips me up. It's one of my all time favorite foods and it seems like all my favorite foods have cheese in it. Also, there really is no substitute for dairy in a cup of tea. Really, I've tried.

Also, I need to do veganism on the cheap, which is very difficult. People always tell you it's cheaper to cook for yourself and I scoff at that when I can buy a box of mac and cheese for 88¢ or a thing of ramen for a dollar or two. That's several meals right there for like $5 when you count milk and butter for the mac and cheese.

Buying a bunch of fresh veggies and cooking is not cheaper than how I have to eat now, so any suggestions on how to make veganism more budget friendly, let me know. I don't cook a lot know besides things out of a box so I also do not have a well stocked pantry. So a recipe is like an investment what with having to buy spices and all.

Help please! I don't feel like I can overhaul my entire diet at once but am looking more for suggestions of where to start small.
Sweetest CCB..when i was vegan i found this little miracle "nooch"(nutritional yeast) that gives a cheesy flavor to just about any dish..it really helped! It's a great little investment to replace some of the dairy you will be craving! Ask for it in your health food store..you may even find it in a regular grocery.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #176
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm a vegetarian not a vegan (as you know), but I recommend big bags of frozen veggies which you can add to tofu and soy sauce to make an easy stir-fry. Fresh veggies go bad so quickly.

Quote:

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #177
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
CCB, do you have a crock pot? I have a couple of really low cost vegan dishes that I like to do in a crockpot. Very much- dump in ingredients and turn it on and come back in 6-8 hours.

One is a vegan split pea soup. I think that the last time I broke it down it came to about $5 for about 12 servings of soup.

Another is a red bean stew I like to make, red beans with a can of diced tomato, chopped carrots, and any other veggies that might sound good. Spice it up with either regular savory items like garlic, or spice it up with hot sauce. Good plain or over rice or with a piece of cornbread. If you catch the canned goods when they are on sale and stock up it helps make it even less expensive than it already is.
I have a crock pot but it's a little mini one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Sweetest CCB..when i was vegan i found this little miracle "nooch"(nutritional yeast) that gives a cheesy flavor to just about any dish..it really helped! It's a great little investment to replace some of the dairy you will be craving! Ask for it in your health food store..you may even find it in a regular grocery.

Thank you!! I will try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I'm a vegetarian not a vegan (as you know), but I recommend big bags of frozen veggies which you can add to tofu and soy sauce to make an easy stir-fry. Fresh veggies go bad so quickly.
Good idea!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #178
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

In my case, regarding milk (all dairy products), I just had to stop consuming dairy products because any diary product converts to sugar in the blood stream, almost instantaneously (at least in my case, that's how it went down). I also broke our in rashes; rashes that took a long time to heal.

I drink Coconut milk or coconut water instead of dairy.

I can't have soy products due to how soy products affect my natural hormone structures (female hormones) and how it has the potential to make my heart condition worse. So I don't use soy products, anymore. I did, in the beginning. But my blood tests revealed hormone changes, which my doctor linked to soy consumption; so I don't eat soy products anymore.

I am kind of a cross between being vegetarian and vegan in that I don't eat products produced by animals or eat animal meat -- EXCEPT -- for tuna, I do have Tuna in seasonal ways, maybe less than five or 6 times a year, and I do like to have boiled eggs, but not often. I don't like to eat any traditional animal meat.... because of I feel it's cruel, eating animals or raising animals to eat them. I just can't do it, for a number of reasons.

Not eating dairy is super important, for my own health recovery. Not eating things that convert easily to sugar in the blood stream is even harder. Giving up breads and certain types of grains, like pasta, was and is very hard on me... but I just commit to do the best I can, every day.

I think it's a hard thing to do, to look out for your own health and hope that one is making the right choices. I say just do what is best for you, CCB.

Enjoy what you can, while you can. Because that's what I do.

Stick with what works for you and hopefully you'll find some great cheese alternatives out there, that you can get once in a while.

Tonight I stopped at Trader Joe's and they had cartons of fresh Mission Figs.

I bought some. I'd share, if I wasn't out here on the west coast. You're out on the east coast, so that's a loooong ways from where I live. Do you like Mission Figs?

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #179
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
In my case, regarding milk (all dairy products), I just had to stop consuming dairy products because any diary product converts to sugar in the blood stream, almost instantaneously (at least in my case, that's how it went down). I also broke our in rashes; rashes that took a long time to heal.

I drink Coconut milk or coconut water instead of dairy.

I can't have soy products due to how soy products affect my natural hormone structures (female hormones) and how it has the potential to make my heart condition worse. So I don't use soy products, anymore. I did, in the beginning. But my blood tests revealed hormone changes, which my doctor linked to soy consumption; so I don't eat soy products anymore.

I am kind of a cross between being vegetarian and vegan in that I don't eat products produced by animals or eat animal meat -- EXCEPT -- for tuna, I do have Tuna in seasonal ways, maybe less than five or 6 times a year, and I do like to have boiled eggs, but not often. I don't like to eat any traditional animal meat.... because of I feel it's cruel, eating animals or raising animals to eat them. I just can't do it, for a number of reasons.

Not eating dairy is super important, for my own health recovery. Not eating things that convert easily to sugar in the blood stream is even harder. Giving up breads and certain types of grains, like pasta, was and is very hard on me... but I just commit to do the best I can, every day.

I think it's a hard thing to do, to look out for your own health and hope that one is making the right choices. I say just do what is best for you, CCB.

Enjoy what you can, while you can. Because that's what I do.

Stick with what works for you and hopefully you'll find some great cheese alternatives out there, that you can get once in a while.

Tonight I stopped at Trader Joe's and they had cartons of fresh Mission Figs.

I bought some. I'd share, if I wasn't out here on the west coast. You're out on the east coast, so that's a loooong ways from where I live. Do you like Mission Figs?
For me, dairy doesn't quickly convert to sugars. Luckily. White flour, forget it. And I'm relying way too much on that in my diet because it's cheap. I was hoping making more dairy free choices would help me move away from relying on boxes of mac and cheese or frozen pizza or pasta roni. They're so cheap and so easy but it's not great on my blood sugar.

Frozen veggies and tofu stir fry like nycfem suggested should be affordable, as well as cans of beans and crock pot meals. I will also try the nutritional yeast.

I'm not even looking to go vegan cold turkey, just stop relying and cheese/carb combo as the basis of my diet. I have no issues with consuming soy and like almond milk. Still don't think it tastes good in tea though lol.

PS: THNK YOU everyone!! I do not care for figs.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 05:30 AM   #180
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

If you decide to go with vegan, or try it, I think it might be wise to find 3-4 dishes that you like and are able to make and rotate them for a few while you get used to the changes. You don't have to pressure yourself to figure it all out right now if you don't mind some repetition in your meals?
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: